Devious Keysmiths

View File

Description

This mod allows you to ask blacksmiths to forge DD keys for you. Forging a key will cost you a fee and the materials to create it (iron ingot by default). Keys are not for sale in the blacksmith's shop, but can be purchased through the dialogue "Could you forge a key for me?". The price for forging a key increases with player level (adjustable in MCM). 

Recommended to use with "Consume keys" option in DDI.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/11/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    Devious Devices: Integration
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

Nice idea!

Is there a possibility to change the "price"? Maybe let the blacksmith ask for some other kind of favor instead of gold? Or he puts an armbinder on you and you will have to get it off before you get the chance to use the key?

Its a good Idea if they don't break or lock jambs on me or I get to tired or the lock breaks.?

They have made it such a terrible problem to get Off any more, that i don't even want to wear it.. But some mod's use in nice way's, but they seem to just normally take it off, and put it on you, key's are starting to seem redundant in most mod's, and useless if you put it on with out a mod to remove it, but you do have the take everything off option, or did I guess DDI4.1 left that option there, i have to check..?

2 hours ago, Mister X said:

Nice idea!

Is there a possibility to change the "price"? Maybe let the blacksmith ask for some other kind of favor instead of gold? Or he puts an armbinder on you and you will have to get it off before you get the chance to use the key?

I was thinking of adding sex as alternative payment but that feature already kind of exists in DCL where you can prostitute yourself for keys. The thing with the armbinder might be fun enough even though I'm not sure what the blacksmith gets out of that. Alternatively I could make it so the blacksmith can help you get out of arm restraints since you can't do that with keys by yourself and have that have an "alternative payment".

1 hour ago, galgat said:

Its a good Idea if they don't break or lock jambs on me or I get to tired or the lock breaks.?

They have made it such a terrible problem to get Off any more, that i don't even want to wear it.. But some mod's use in nice way's, but they seem to just normally take it off, and put it on you, key's are starting to seem redundant in most mod's, and useless if you put it on with out a mod to remove it, but you do have the take everything off option, or did I guess DDI4.1 left that option there, i have to check..?

The new DDI has a separate difficulty slider for unlock failure. I'm not sure if it will never jam if it's on the easiest difficulty but so far in my experience it hasn't.

Nice idea

Suggestion?

'Price' could include (soft dependency option of Slavetats) a really big, facial, scrawled, tattoo

This Girl

Sold Her Soul

For a Key

...or something like that

So Ms Prim might consider that forging a key would be a last resort ?

When trying out this mod, the game froze when I asked for a regular restrain key (the smith of Windhelm. Thus occurred twice in a row. From papyrus I could obtain the following error.

"Property Q on script dks_TIF__06000D66 attached to topic info 5A000D66 on quest dksDialogue (5A000D62) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property"

I have also two requests:

• Could you add support for the special Cursed Loot keys?
  • And could you add the (MCM) option that a blacksmith might say "come back tomorrow, than your key will be ready". Meaning that you can buy only one key a day from a blacksmith thus not be able to get free quick. You can try to travel to multiple blacksmiths in one day and speed the process of getting free up a little.

Funny thing, buying locks from smiths (or only regular vendors) was something I thought was missing... and you just made it :)

I would also love to see a version that supports the head, hand, feet, body restraints keys from cursed loot guess they could be more expensive tough you usually need a relative big amount of them anyway which would already increase the cost.

If you look for alternative payments, it woud also be a option to let the pc run some errand like a delivery similar to the job in captured dreams or retrive some supplies for the blacksmith. That way it would also make sense to include the armbinder equipping someone mentioned, so for example he will only unlock your armbinder if you bring a delivery to whatever npc etc.

Since I just spoke about supplies as alternative payment, it would also be kinda interesting if the blacksmith may only forge you a key if you bring him some raw materials like ore etc.. Though it would only make sense if your arms are not blocked.

Another idea would be that he only gives you a key if you advertise for his business with devious devices by speaking to npc's and tell them how much you like them, regardless if you actually do with maybe a chance of them taking advantage of you if you like to be submissive that much.

Guess some of those might be to much work, but its just some ideas.

On 6/16/2018 at 10:33 PM, jaberwocky said:

When trying out this mod, the game froze when I asked for a regular restrain key (the smith of Windhelm. Thus occurred twice in a row. From papyrus I could obtain the following error.

"Property Q on script dks_TIF__06000D66 attached to topic info 5A000D66 on quest dksDialogue (5A000D62) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property"

I have also two requests:

• Could you add support for the special Cursed Loot keys?
  • And could you add the (MCM) option that a blacksmith might say "come back tomorrow, than your key will be ready". Meaning that you can buy only one key a day from a blacksmith thus not be able to get free quick. You can try to travel to multiple blacksmiths in one day and speed the process of getting free up a little.

Funny thing, buying locks from smiths (or only regular vendors) was something I thought was missing... and you just made it :)

Strange, I tried with multiple blacksmiths myself and never had that issue, couldn't recreate the bug either and I can't find or remember making a property "Q" either. Maybe regenerating the script will do the trick though I won't be able to test it myself.

as for your requests

• yes, I'm looking into how to do that without making DCL a dependency
  • that's a great idea, not sure yet how to keep track of which blacksmiths are working on your keys yet so it might turn out a little different

Sorry if it looks like I don't know what I'm doing, cause I really don't. But I'll get there, just need some time to mess around and see what happens.

17 hours ago, LeeToucan said:

Sorry if it looks like I don't know what I'm doing, cause I really don't. But I'll get there, just need some time to mess around and see what happens.

I am just happy that you like my idea. And so far, you've written more code for Skyrim than I have, and that makes you a better modder than me :) 

48 minutes ago, master151194 said:

Hmm the MCM doesnt show up for me, and the cost for forging keys are just 0 septims and 1 iron ingot. Any help?

Same for me. Loots of time has passed and even saved/reloded and restart game several times.

PS. The DCL keys might be a bit more special by using a silver, mercury or gold ignot.

7 hours ago, master151194 said:

Hmm the MCM doesnt show up for me, and the cost for forging keys are just 0 septims and 1 iron ingot. Any help?

Right, tested everything except reinstalling, of course that's the thing that breaks. I can't find the cause of this immediately, I'm looking into it but if anyone knows what causes the mcm not to load or how to fix it please let me know.

On 6/16/2018 at 1:33 PM, jaberwocky said:

Could you add support for the special Cursed Loot keys?

I am not sure how I'd feel about that, tbh. The DD framework etiquette specifically marks the three standard keys as fair game mods can drop (or craft) at their heart's content, so that's all good. But if a DD mod makes custom keys, it usually does so to keep control over drop rates and means to acquire these keys. DD mods are generally asked not to interfere with OTHER DD mods' content, and generating custom keys in 3rd party mods certainly qualifies. It's essentially the same as providing a means to escape other mods's quest items, and that's frowned upon, too.

10 minutes ago, Kimy said:

I am not sure how I'd feel about that, tbh. The DD framework etiquette specifically marks the three standard keys as fair game mods can drop (or craft) at their heart's content, so that's all good. But if a DD mod makes custom keys, it usually does so to keep control over drop rates and means to acquire these keys. DD mods are generally asked not to interfere with OTHER DD mods' content, and generating custom keys in 3rd party mods certainly qualifies. It's essentially the same as providing a means to escape other mods's quest items, and that's frowned upon, too.

Oh, I kinda already made it cause I don't really use those keys myself and didn't think it would be a problem at all. This version is still broken though it seems so if you'd rather I revert it I'll do that no problem.

5 minutes ago, LeeToucan said:

Oh, I kinda already made it cause I don't really use those keys myself and didn't think it would be a problem at all. This version is still broken though it seems so if you'd rather I revert it I'll do that no problem.

Yes, I'd appreciate that. Thank you. :)

46 minutes ago, Kimy said:

I can explain as to why I made those two requests: I wanted a method to get out of the DCL items other than scavenging barrels and containers (which got me in trouble in the first place), but still takes a while. Therefor the second request, having to wait till next day (or perhaps two or three days). Without the second part, I personally would not use this mod (as I do not wish to be able to get free that easily).

Note: I have tried using 'solicitation' to get free with a chance to get locked up in a chastity belt of shame, but I could not obtain the special DCL keys in that manner. And even if, the slave chastity belt event won't be an option if solicitation is the only method to obtain keys.

Anyway, that was my motivation for making those two request. I do however understand that you don't like the idea of another mod breaking the game play of your mod and I am sorry for offending you.

3 minutes ago, jaberwocky said:

I can explain as to why I made those two requests: I wanted a method to get out of the DCL items other than scavenging barrels and containers (which got me in trouble in the first place), but still takes a while. Therefor the second request, having to wait till next day (or perhaps two or three days). Without the second part, I personally would not use this mod (as I do not wish to be able to get free that easily).

Note: I have tried using 'solicitation' to get free with a chance to get locked up in a chastity belt of shame, but I could not obtain the special DCL keys in that manner. And even if, the slave chastity belt event won't be an option if solicitation is the only method to obtain keys.

Anyway, that was my motivation for making those two request. I do however understand that you don't like the idea of another mod breaking the game play of your mod and I am sorry for offending you.

Don't worry about it, I am not offended. :)

Feel free to make suggestions for adding new and interesting ways to obtain DCL keys in the DCL thread if you wish! I am not opposed to adding such features at all, it's just that I feel that they belong in DCL and not a 3rd party mod.

The two standard keys is plenty for me. I don't use DCL: I prefer simple mods. That's what I'm looking for in Devious Keysmiths: a simple, immersive way to get out of yokes.

Why not simply let the blacksmith fondle the PC as an alternative payment? It only costs him a few hammer strokes...

"I'll help you out, sweetheart. But first... a kiss as appreciation for my work?"

ZAP has a "yoke kissing" animation. Trigger that, with the blacksmith in a regular kissing animation (also in ZAP), and done.

If that's not good enough then there's also a "yoke blowjob" animation.

"Tell you what sweetcheeks, you get on your knees and let's both get to work."

Just my two cents...

37 minutes ago, Black Justicar said:

LeeToucan

Thank you very much for the "Lock menu" option!

Hey thanks for requesting it, that was very simple to implement but a great feature nonetheless.

2 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Are there other options to "pay" for the keys than gold?

Thus far there aren't, but that's probably the next thing I'll be working on.

• 3 years later...

Hi! First of all I wanna say - great idea! I mean if there is a blacksmith in town why can't he make a key.. for a price ;)

But how about in addition to them being able to craft standard restraint, chastity and piercing removal adding also CursedLoot's specific body restraint, hand restraint etc..?