SH's bound animations SLAL pack [Development stopped]

Well, that I'll call timing!

I was thinking about that, when an actor is restrained in Zaz, a creature could take advantage. To bad there wasn't really any animations.

But now this! :D

1 hour ago, SpaceHamst3r said:

I'll probably spend my time today trying to make it actual furniture u can place and enter / exit.

I assume thats what you mean with "ZaZ" furniture :P 
I don't think I can make it so when u are in it a horse actually mounts you :classic_wacko:

I was thinking about that some time ago. For personal use.

I didn't locked into this to much (still on todo), but you should be able to register the "object use" via an OnActivate or something like that. So the game knows when the furniture in the world is used.

(There is a mod called animations that plays an animation when you open a chest, door, etc. You could take a look into the script and see how the mod knows when a chest is activated.)

When the PC/NPC is in the furniture, you need to scan the surrounding, looking for potential partners. Aroused Creatures has some sort of scan. Also you can simply use a scan only quest that stops/starts and fills alias with set conditions.

If a partner is found, set the restrained actor and the partner into an alias, start a scene where the partner walks to the restrained one and start the animation after he arrived.

Two avoid doubled furniture (the real one and the one in the animation) you could disable the real in the time of the animation and enable it afterwards (I think immersive prison uses something like that. Would be worth a look)

3 minutes ago, egon123 said:

Well, that I'll call timing!

I was thinking about that, when an actor is restrained in Zaz, a creature could take advantage. To bad there wasn't really any animations.

But now this! :D

I was thinking about that some time ago. For personal use.

I didn't locked into this to much (still on todo), but you should be able to register the "object use" via an OnActivate or something like that. So the game knows when the furniture in the world is used.

(There is a mod called animations that plays an animation when you open a chest, door, etc. You could take a look into the script and see how the mod knows when a chest is activated.)

When the PC/NPC is in the furniture, you need to scan the surrounding, looking for potential partners. Aroused Creatures has some sort of scan. Also you can simply use a scan only quest that stops/starts and fills alias with set conditions.

If a partner is found, set the restrained actor and the partner into an alias, start a scene where the partner walks to the restrained one and start the animation after he arrived.

Two avoid doubled furniture (the real one and the one in the animation) you could disable the real in the time of the animation and enable it afterwards (I think immersive prison uses something like that. Would be worth a look)

I'm gonna tell you this:

I tried scripting once, and to be honest, I really don't want to touch it again :classic_wacko:

Even if I tried picking it up again, it would take ages to figure out everything to even get a a basic framework like that going.

I can't even get .nif file to properly work in the CK ? 

Shortly, I doubt we will be seeing anything like this anytime soon.
This mod is still in fact just an SLAL pack :P 

54 minutes ago, mns said:

You explain this to me as if I were seeing Skyrim for the first time, well, I understood it in short, you do not know anything about it.

Well you really didn't provide any information. You pop in and say "it doesn't work". You get offered basic help based on absolutely no information to diagnose a problem from and then you get testy about it.

Give details and you can get details. "It doesn't work" and "I know what I'm doing" do absolutely nothing for troubleshooting. Try helping people help you instead of acting like an arrogant fool.

6 minutes ago, mns said:

I have suspicions about why mod does not work with other Slal packs, file SLAnimGenerate.pyw

SLAnimGenerate.pyw is used to generate the files that SLAL reads so that the animation works correctly.
This is definitely not the problem, but I guess it wouldn't hurt trying to delete it.

I hadn't downloaded the animation yet out of sheer lazyness, but I just downloaded and installed the current version. Normal install and activation through Mod Organizer and it shows up fine with no special tricks.

20180611115824_1.thumb.jpg.9d2e9c79784b0f2604c1e4428411fee1.jpg

50 minutes ago, mns said:

I have suspicions about why mod does not work with other Slal packs, file SLAnimGenerate.pyw

SLAnimGenerate.pyw won't be the issue - lots of SLAL packs include it and you can either have it overwrite the existing file or skip it.  As nobody else has reported this issue it very likely doesn't seem to be a problem with the files itself as much as your environment or install.  What that screenshot seems to show is that the .json files is not being read by your install, as that line and the help box below should be filled with the info from the .json file such as the tags ect.  No idea if it is something to do with 

A few things to try:

1.  Manually open the .json file with a text editor to confirm nothing looks seriously broken in there, and that there are no missing commas/brackets.

2.  Try temporarily uninstalling one of your larger SLAL packs.  People have been warning that there are limits to how many strings can be in once MCM menu.  If the file loads properly after doing this then you may have found that limit.

As others have mentioned - people here are just trying to help, it does nobody any good to attack that help.

After installing the animations my Skyrim install reverted to Oblivion, the horse in the animations took my gf and FNIs threw a Error 0. Any help?

Keep trying until your install reverts to Morrowind - that's where the horse took your GF.

1 hour ago, SpaceHamst3r said:

I'm gonna tell you this:

I tried scripting once, and to be honest, I really don't want to touch it again :classic_wacko:

Even if I tried picking it up again, it would take ages to figure out everything to even get a a basic framework like that going.

I can't even get .nif file to properly work in the CK ? 

Shortly, I doubt we will be seeing anything like this anytime soon.
This mod is still in fact just an SLAL pack :P 

I would suggest to just concentrating on your awesome animations with custom animated objects, unless you had something you really wanted to do mod wise.  What people are suggesting in regards to furnitures and  activators ect would be really cool, but is essentially a fully realized complicated scripted mod ala Display Model or ZAP.

If a mod author wanted to do stuff like this, with your permission they could use your animated objects as a static activators and do all the scripting magic required to have the object disappear on activation of the specific named SL scene, and reappear when done.  If they *really* wanted to get deep into it they could convert the item into a usable furniture, but that is an entirely new ballgame and starts falling into the realm of ZAP furniture for which there is an entire framework, that itself isn't without problems such as camera issues and alignment bugs.

What I think most people would appreciate most is the animations themselves, and any fancy mod work that could be done based on these animations and objects would be gravy.  I could see a creature bondage mod that uses your SLAL pack as a hard requirement in the future, but it shouldn't need to be you that creates it IMO.

6 minutes ago, Reesewow said:

I would suggest to just concentrating on your awesome animations with custom animated objects, unless you had something you really wanted to do mod wise.  What people are suggesting in regards to furnitures and  activators ect would be really cool, but is essentially a fully realized complicated scripted mod ala Display Model or ZAP.

If a mod author wanted to do stuff like this, with your permission they could use your animated objects as a static activators and do all the scripting magic required to have the object disappear on activation of the specific named SL scene, and reappear when done.  If they *really* wanted to get deep into it they could convert the item into a usable furniture, but that is an entirely new ballgame and starts falling into the realm of ZAP furniture for which there is an entire framework, that itself isn't without problems such as camera issues and alignment bugs.

What I think most people would appreciate most is the animations themselves, and any fancy mod work that could be done based on these animations and objects would be gravy.  I could see a creature bondage mod that uses your SLAL pack as a hard requirement in the future, but it shouldn't need to be you that creates it IMO.

Yeah, I will keep this purely focused on animations.

If someone actually wanted my animations to be a dependency for his / her mod, that would be crazy :O 

I wouldn't hesitate even once.

5 minutes ago, sfeile said:

It was a bit dark and rainy for a screenshot, but the animation worked flawlessly. I'm excited to see what you come up with next!

20180611123936_1.thumb.jpg.1191fedb67a4c70ca1cbbb711454fd5e.jpg

Is she enjoying it or not?
Nevertheless, she won't get out of her predicament once the horse is done :P 

First screenshot sweet. Mind if I add it on the file page?

2 minutes ago, SpaceHamst3r said:

Is she enjoying it or not?
Nevertheless, she won't get out of her predicament once the horse is done :P 

First screenshot sweet. Mind if I add it on the file page?

I don't mind at all. If you would prefer I can get some better ones this evening for you when I go back in game. Better lighting and such.

Wow, that looks awesome. :) Btw, did you get anything from Nibbles or Funny for your DD project? Both agreed to give you some raw stuff you can edit to fit items but didn't have time/possibility to do so when they agreed. Chances are they forgot, i could ask again. ;)

And afaik the most famous animator for horses is Animopron. :) In case you don't know his work yet, his new project is bound, the first parts might serve as inspiration as well. 

Regarding zairas critic about furniture appearing out of nowhere: i don't care that much, but it would be awesome if it would be possible to use furnitures that can be placed ingame independently. I have no idea if that is possible, though.

1 hour ago, Reesewow said:

I agree. The main focus here should be the animations itself. I just wrote it since it was mentioned.

I was thinking about making a similar system in my personal mod. But such a feature isn't that high in the priority, yet. When I maybe have build it one day, and nobody else with more experience made such a mod, I could make a standalone version for public use.

4 minutes ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Wow, that looks awesome. :) Btw, did you get anything from Nibbles or Funny for your DD project? Both agreed to give you some raw stuff you can edit to fit items but didn't have time/possibility to do so when they agreed. Chances are they forgot, i could ask again. ;)

And afaik the most famous animator for horses is Animopron. :) In case you don't know his work yet, his new project is bound, the first parts might serve as inspiration as well. 

Regarding zairas critic about furniture appearing out of nowhere: i don't care that much, but it would be awesome if it would be possible to use furnitures that can be placed ingame independently. I have no idea if that is possible, though.

I did get Nibbles' animation files, and already gave Kimy 1 animation set for armbinders an elbowbinders a while ago.
Unfortunately, I'm not feeling like working on it lately. Especially since I made this SLAL pack, I'm not sure when I will start on the DD animations again.

I am quite familiar with Animopron, followed his work for a while now. The poses are real nice in the recent animation, but I'm gonna stray away from rope with the next animation and use metal and stuff to keep her in place more :P

Ye, I would definitely love to see furniture work ingame as well. It's just that I can't get it to work at all right now ?

I'm done trying to do this and will focus on the next animation.

6 hours ago, SpaceHamst3r said:

Well I didn't expect this to happen.

So you get a notification every time I upload a new file or when I edit the changelog?

I did NOT know that this happens.

I assume this is because you follow the mod on the download page?
I have never followed a mod that way, so which is probably why I didn't know.

Just as more FYI for your mod - I think doing just about anything to the mod page triggers a notification for people that follow from the download page.  For instance, I just got one when you uploaded that new picture. :classic_tongue:

Not really a big deal IMO, I've seen authors that spam dozens of notifications in a short timeframe doing small edits to their page, so just wanted to give you the heads up incase anyone posts "what updated" questions in the thread in future when you didn't make an actual update.

5 minutes ago, Reesewow said:

Just as more FYI for your mod - I think doing just about anything to the mod page triggers a notification for people that follow from the download page.  For instance, I just got one when you uploaded that new picture. :classic_tongue:

Not really a big deal IMO, I've seen authors that spam dozens of notifications in a short timeframe doing small edits to their page, so just wanted to give you the heads up incase anyone posts "what updated" questions in the thread in future when you didn't make an actual update.

I literally asked in the Discord if uploading a new image gives people notification and said person said you shouldn't get one.

Busted.

I can't seem to find an option where I can say that "this page edit shouldn't send out notifications".

Again, my bad if people keep getting notifications with small edits.
But really, there has to be a way to edit the mod page without counting it as a new version, so not giving everyone a notification.

Am I completely blind or is there just no way to do this?

1 minute ago, SpaceHamst3r said:

I literally asked in the Discord if uploading a new image gives people notification and said person said you shouldn't get one.

Busted.

I can't seem to find an option where I can say that "this page edit shouldn't send out notifications".

Again, my bad if people keep getting notifications with small edits.
But really, there has to be a way to edit the mod page without counting it as a new version, so not giving everyone a notification.

Am I completely blind or is there just no way to do this?

I'm pretty sure there is a way... but have no clue what it is as I've never uploaded a mod.  I'm almost certain I've seen download page updates for mods I'm following that haven't triggered notifications.