55 minutes ago, Vel W said:

"PT1" and "PT2"

PT1 and PT2 are the same animation, but with different tags.
Since in F4 there is only one staged animation for each robot, we need to match the tags so that they fit all the mods.
And with 1 animation it is impossible to do that because some mods call animation with settings.excludeTags="Aggressive" and other settings.includeTags="Aggressive".
That's why I made PT1 and PT2, so that there is an animation matching each case.

55 minutes ago, Vel W said:

Both only play once, and do not loop back like usual AAF animations.

Would this be fixable so we do not have to re-enter the AAF animation every time?

I purposely made it so that there was no looping.
I hate looping, so I made it so that the AAF closes at the end of the animation. So that the AAF works like Skyrim's SexLab.

The algorithm works like this:

AAF calls "SC-FM-Handy-Floor01-Staged-PT1"
      "SC-FM-Handy-Floor01-Staged-PT1" redirects the call to "SC-FM-Handy-Floor01-Tree"
            "SC-FM-Handy-Floor01-Tree" sets the exit timer (116.6 seconds) and redirects the call to "SC-FM-Handy-Floor01-Staged"
                  "SC-FM-Handy-Floor01-Staged" calls a staged animation.

Calculation of exit timer: number of frames in animation * time of 1 frame

3500*0.033333332=116.6 seconds

And yes, of course this option can be removed.

Edited by Axary
10 minutes ago, Axary said:

PT1 and PT2 are the same animation, but with different tags.
Since in F4 there is only one staged animation for each robot, we need to match the tags so that they fit all the mods.
And with 1 animation it is impossible to do that because some mods call animation with settings.excludeTags="Aggressive" and other settings.includeTags="Aggressive".
That's why I made PT1 and PT2, so that there is an animation matching each case.

I purposely made it so that there was no looping.
I hate looping, so I made it so that the AAF closes at the end of the animation. So that the AAF works like Skyrim's SexLab.

The algorithm works like this:

AAF calls "SC-FM-Handy-Floor01-Staged-PT1"
      "SC-FM-Handy-Floor01-Staged-PT1" redirects the call to "SC-FM-Handy-Floor01-Tree"
            "SC-FM-Handy-Floor01-Tree" sets the exit timer (116.6 seconds) and redirects the call to "SC-FM-Handy-Floor01-Staged"
                  "SC-FM-Handy-Floor01-Staged" calls a staged animation.

Calculation of exit timer: number of frames in animation * time of 1 frame

3500*0.033333332=116.6 seconds

And yes, of course this option can be removed.

I actually LIKE the way this works, it's a nice seamless animation run that covers all the parts, begin, sex postures, ending animation, end. I'd rather see it stay as is myself, of course that's just my preference but there it is for what it's worth.

12 minutes ago, Oldwolf58 said:

I actually LIKE the way this works, it's a nice seamless animation run that covers all the parts, begin, sex postures, ending animation, end. I'd rather see it stay as is myself, of course that's just my preference but there it is for what it's worth.

I agree as well, it works well this way

@Vel W a little more about compatibility with other mods.
I didn't want to make changes to someone else's .esp, so I made my robot fix as a replayer. But it would be better to leave the existing .hkx untouched and add my modified .hkx as new.
The thing is that some mods can use .hkx files of separate stages as situational animations.

If you need, I can redo my robot fix and make the necessary changes to the .esp

Edited by Axary
13 hours ago, Axary said:

@Vel W a little more about compatibility with other mods.
I didn't want to make changes to someone else's .esp, so I made my robot fix as a replayer. But it would be better to leave the existing .hkx untouched and add my modified .hkx as new.
The thing is that some mods can use .hkx files of separate stages as situational animations.

If you need, I can redo my robot fix and make the necessary changes to the .esp

Okay. So you have compatibility in mind, which is nice. It'd be hard for me to ship it as part of the mod in this state, however, seeing all animations that come from the main mod itself are loopable. Your design of choice feels way closer to BP70’s. 

One improvement i can think of is if you made a loopable version of all the animations you’re fixing and add those loopables as 3rd options next to PT1 and PT2

If that makes any sense.

Edited by Vel W
grammar
  • 3 weeks later...
On 23/11/2022 at 16:50, Axary said:

Obrigado, isso foi muito útil, agora eu entendo o que está errado.
Eu olhei para os scripts Violate e percebi que você e eu estamos chamando cenários diferentes.
Eu chamo o cenário com as tags "Aggressive,Rough,Neutral" e funciona.
Você chama o cenário com as tags "Aggressive,Rough" e não funciona.
Já adicionei as tags necessárias e recarreguei a correção.
Você pode, por favor, baixar novamente e testá-lo?

Good morning, I'm having the same problem, but I don't understand one thing, where do I download the fix?

On 8/17/2022 at 10:40 PM, vaultbait said:

I suspect I can use Nifscope to de-Havok one of the movable static meshes and then create a custom static object from the result, though that definitely entails carrying custom AAF XML and potentially breaking if any of the related data in this animation pack becomes incompatible with what I'm shipping.

I eventually hit on a variation of this which won't require adjusting animation files. I transplanted the physics node from a static truck into the mesh for the moveablestatic using Nifskope, and have added a patch option in my mod's FMOOD installer to override the base game's static mesh with that file. The down side is that any other place in the game where that same moveablestatic is used, it will also be stationary.

One other gotcha this doesn't end up covering is damage. If you accidentally inflict enough damage on the truck it will still explode and then get replaced with a pickup truck hulk moveablestatic (also the passive NPCs in that cell will all aggro you if they're within range of the blast, bad time all around). I've addressed this by having the patch include an ESPfe plugin that overrides the record for the original moveablestatic with a version that has the damage info deleted, so that specific model of truck effectively becomes invincible. The end result is that the base Pick-R-Up behaves like a normal (fixed) static now, but still gets used by the same female human + super mutant animations and looks correct. And if players don't want to accept the side effects of those workarounds, they can always deselect the patch of course.

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I eventually hit on a variation of this which won't require adjusting animation files. I transplanted the physics node from a static truck into the mesh for the moveablestatic using Nifskope, and have added a patch option in my mod's FMOOD installer to override the base game's static mesh with that file. The down side is that any other place in the game where that same moveablestatic is used, it will also be stationary.

One other gotcha this doesn't end up covering is damage. If you accidentally inflict enough damage on the truck it will still explode and then get replaced with a pickup truck hulk moveablestatic (also the passive NPCs in that cell will all aggro you if they're within range of the blast, bad time all around). I've addressed this by having the patch include an ESPfe plugin that overrides the record for the original moveablestatic with a version that has the damage info deleted, so that specific model of truck effectively becomes invincible. The end result is that the base Pick-R-Up behaves like a normal (fixed) static now, but still gets used by the same female human + super mutant animations and looks correct. And if players don't want to accept the side effects of those workarounds, they can always deselect the patch of course.

Your movable static workaround is good, very reliable but if you only need those objects (cars) to be in specific location (hand placed by you in CK or buildable in workshop), you can add new ones instead of overwriting the existing vanilla and ship a furniture xml with your mod. (want cause any issue or conflict of any kind if you just add some new furniture IDs).

Edited by lee3310
3 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

Your movable static workaround is good, very reliable but if you only need those objects (cars) to be in specific location (hand placed by you in CK or buildable in workshop), you can add new ones instead of overwriting the existing vanilla and ship a furniture xml with your mod. (want cause any issue or conflict of any kind if you just add some new furniture IDs).

I did consider that, but custom furniture forms would mean adding new IDs to the XML, which runs a risk of breaking down the line and causing AAF to be unable to load completely if the animation's XML changes at some point. I'm trying my best to future-proof this against such situations, but yes there are a number of alternatives if I wasn't trying to mitigate those risks.

13 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I did consider that, but custom furniture forms would mean adding new IDs to the XML, which runs a risk of breaking down the line and causing AAF to be unable to load completely if the animation's XML changes at some point. I'm trying my best to future-proof this against such situations, but yes there are a number of alternatives if I wasn't trying to mitigate those risks.

i personally wouldn't mined replacing all vehicles with static ones just to be able to play Sc animations but from my experience (i added a lot of new furniture to AAF)  there is no risk if you add a furnitureDATA.xml like this:

<furnitureData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="common.xsd">
	<defaults source="MyMod.esp"/>

<group id="PickUpTrucksAll">
            <furniture form="MyForm01" id="MyID01"/>
            <furniture form="MyForm02" id="MyID02"/>
            <furniture form="MyForm03" id="MyID03"/>
            <furniture form="MyForm04" id="MyID04"/>
    </group>
</furnitureData>

If i recall correctly, the only problem that could happen is that AAF will complain about missing furniture in the log if someone delete the esp and leave the xml behind (not using a mod manager)

Edited by lee3310
8 hours ago, lee3310 said:

i personally wouldn't mined replacing all vehicle with static ones just to be able to play Sc animations but from my experience (i added a lot of new furniture to AAF)  there is no risk if you add a furnitureDATA.xml like this:

<furnitureData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="common.xsd">
	<defaults source="MyMod.esp"/>

<group id="PickUpTrucksAll">
            <furniture form="MyForm01" id="MyID01"/>
            <furniture form="MyForm02" id="MyID02"/>
            <furniture form="MyForm03" id="MyID03"/>
            <furniture form="MyForm04" id="MyID04"/>
    </group>
</furnitureData>

If i recall correctly, the only problem that could happen is that AAF will complain about missing furniture in the log if someone delete the esp and leave the xml behind (not using a mod manager)

That's a fair point, the risk of future AAF breakage is minimal since it doesn't need to refer to other named entities in extant XML files. I've added it to my longer term improvements  list. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, SavageCabbage said:

Hey all, I'm getting pretty close to a release, I'm at the export/import/testing phase to make sure I have no bugs. Here's a little look at one of the ghoul animations (Clocktower part 6). Ignore the sounds (custom ghoul and different sex sounds) and the fact that the tower is tilted a bit, just a consequence of using "placeatme"

Hopefully I'll have it done this year but could be after new years too, we'll see.

? beautiful as always. (i like the sounds too)

59 minutes ago, SavageCabbage said:

Hey all, I'm getting pretty close to a release, I'm at the export/import/testing phase to make sure I have no bugs. Here's a little look at one of the ghoul animations (Clocktower part 6). Ignore the sounds (custom ghoul and different sex sounds) and the fact that the tower is tilted a bit, just a consequence of using "placeatme"

Hopefully I'll have it done this year but could be after new years too, we'll see.

❤️❤️❤️
Looking forward!

12 hours ago, SavageCabbage said:

You're my only hope.

On 12/19/2022 at 1:56 AM, fappingAloneHome said:

It is me or mo2 just refuses to install or maybe Im that dumb?

Says roughly, installation of fomod failed

cuz

no conditions successful in an 'OR' clause!

No idea what that means.

AAF and its dependencies should be enabled before any other installation(s). This happens because you haven't had AAF activated yet.

Edited by simplyabah
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, SavageCabbage said:

Hey all, the update is out now...

Many thanks to you for your amazing animations.

4 hours ago, SavageCabbage said:

IF YOU ARE USING OTHER MODS THAT RELY ON OLDER VERSIONS OF THIS MOD, WAIT FOR THEM TO UPDATE BEFORE UPDATING THIS MOD.

Checked how "Nuka Ride" works with the new version of the animations, and everything is fine.

PS
I noticed a little bug:
The "SC-FM-Human-WeaponWorkbenchLarge01-06Doggy" animation has no slap sounds.

Edited by Axary