@SavageCabbage in your Armchair01 FM animation, how long is each animation supposed to play once (without looping)? All parts except the climax loop are 500 frames, yet this doesn't seem to correspond to the length of the animation. The <animation id="SC-FM-Human-Armchair01-08Finish" frames="500"> is 500 frames yet seems to last for 12 seconds.

5 hours ago, kenbenis said:

@SavageCabbage in your Armchair01 FM animation, how long is each animation supposed to play once (without looping)? All parts except the climax loop are 500 frames, yet this doesn't seem to correspond to the length of the animation. The <animation id="SC-FM-Human-Armchair01-08Finish" frames="500"> is 500 frames yet seems to last for 12 seconds.

In most cases, everything except climax is 500 frames, though there are a few that aren't. Might be that you have a mod that's affecting it.

6 hours ago, kenbenis said:

One frame of animation lasts 0.033333332 seconds.
500*0.033333332=16.666666666 seconds
I don't know why you thought the animation "SC-FM-Human-Armchair01-08Finish" lasts 12 seconds, but you're wrong, this animation lasts 16.6 seconds. If it wasn't, this animation wouldn't work correctly in the Nuka Ride mod.

If you want to know the exact number of frames in the animation and its exact duration, you can use "F4AK_HKXPackUI".
This utility lets you convert "***.hkx" to "***.xml" and you can see the technical data of the animation.

You can download it here: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16694/

Edited by Axary
3 hours ago, Axary said:

I don't know why you thought the animation "SC-FM-Human-Armchair01-08Finish" lasts 12 seconds, but you're wrong, this animation lasts 16.6 seconds. If it wasn't, this animation wouldn't work correctly in the Nuka Ride mod.

If you want to know the exact number of frames in the animation and its exact duration, you can use "F4AK_HKXPackUI".
This utility lets you convert "***.hkx" to "***.xml" and you can see the technical data of the animation.

So there is a UI for HKX pack, was tired of using shell cmds ?

5 hours ago, Axary said:

Thanks man , I thought 500 frames was meant to be 8 seconds (game runs at 60fps) but its good to know the correct exact value

I got 12 seconds from trying to time it with a stopwatch on my phone ?

Love these animatioins in FO4, But man would love to see these in Skyrim SE. SavageCabbage awesome animator and wish u all the best :) And no its not me kissing ass, just me being grateful for the work he does..

Edited by PCGameFanatic
12 hours ago, kenbenis said:

I thought 500 frames was meant to be 8 seconds (game runs at 60fps) but its good to know the correct exact value

Animation frames are not the same as video frames. An animation frame is a set of skeleton bone positions.
Changing the positions of the skeleton bones from frame to frame is movement, not teleportation. That is, on the screen you see not the positions specified in the animation, but the intermediate positions in which the bones were at the time of video frame generation.

Edited by Axary
9 hours ago, PCGameFanatic said:

Love these animatioins in FO4, But man would love to see these in Skyrim SE.

Don't distract SavageCabbage from his work on Fallout 4.
In comparison to Skyrim, Fallout is very sparse on nice animations, so it needs it more.
Speaking about Skyrim, SexLab has a little lifehack. The animation positioning tweaks and the list of disabled low-quality animations can be transferred from game to game.
That way, over time, you'll have only nice and tweaked animations. Just before reinstalling Skyrim, don't forget to save the SexLab settings files you made earlier and transfer them to the new game.

Edited by Axary

@SavageCabbage, I found a few mistakes made through inattention, here are those mistakes and the way to fix them:

Spoiler

1) SavageCabbage_animationData.xml

<animation id="SC-FM-Human-Floor01-02Start" frames="600"> (Must be: 500)
        <actor gender="F" idleForm="30DB1">
        </actor>
        <actor gender="M" idleForm="30DB2">
        </actor>
    </animation>

2) SavageCabbage_animationData.xml

<animation id="SC-FM-Human-Shackles01-05Held" frames="500">
        <actor gender="F" idleForm="32547">
        </actor>
        <actor gender="M" idleForm="325478"> (Must be: 32548)
        </actor>
    </animation>

PS
Thank you for your amazing animation pack.

Edited by Axary

@SavageCabbage, sorry to bother you again, but I really admire your animation pack, and to the best of my ability I want to help you.
So, here's another fix I made for myself personally.

In original version, the animation "SC-FM-Human-JailCellTinyWithDoor01" is a blowjob with the closed mouth.
Here are the fixed "***.hkx" files with the added open-mouth emotion.

Spoiler

BJ.jpg.bca23a2a10cc428b6affe9815ff8edc5.jpg

SC-FM-Human-JailCellTinyWithDoor01_Mouth_Fix.7z

Edited by Axary
16 hours ago, Axary said:

@SavageCabbage, sorry to bother you again, but I really admire your animation pack, and to the best of my ability I want to help you.
So, here's another fix I made for myself personally.

In original version, the animation "SC-FM-Human-JailCellTinyWithDoor01" is a blowjob with the closed mouth.
Here are the fixed "***.hkx" files with the added open-mouth emotion.

Reveal hidden contents

BJ.jpg.bca23a2a10cc428b6affe9815ff8edc5.jpg

SC-FM-Human-JailCellTinyWithDoor01_Mouth_Fix.7z 85.29 kB · 2 downloads

Excellent. I noticed this one quite some time ago, too. There may be a few other such closed mouth cases lying around, but most should have been fixed by now

Thanks for figuring it out.

1 hour ago, Vel W said:

closed mouth cases lying around

Incoming self-promotion!

Well, not really. I'm more like trying to offer "free to use facial expression resources" for anyone interested.

I've been fiddling around with expression adjustments quite a lot. It started because of these closed mouth cases, among other things. I have a lot of expressions in two different ready to use formats. The faces were/are/will be made just for AAF animations and are included in this and this mod.

They don't match 1:1, but it's close enough (one mod might have some expressions the other doesn't).

The mod on Nexus is an easier way to preview the expressions, the one here on LL has the files you want, if you're going to make a mod.

If anyone feels like it, the expressions are free to use to e.g. make a mod to add expressions to whichever animation(s).

You'd just need to take the Lewd Expressions MfgSetData and ActionData xml's , place them in AAF folder and add a line like <action id="some expression name"/> for actors in the animationdata.xml. Each animation pack has one or more of these animationdata.xml's. The content can be viewed and edited even with windows notepad.

Example of added expressions. The red text is the thing you'd need to add.

Spoiler

<animation id="SELeitoAggressiveBlowjob" frames="308">
    <actor gender="F" stopOverlaySet="Breasts">
        <idle form="0100B71E" id="LeitoAggressiveBlowjobF"/>
        <action id="BJ4_Action"/>
    </actor>
    <actor gender="M">
        <idle form="0100B71F" id="LeitoAggressiveBlowjobM"/>
        <action id="Takeit_Action"/>
        <action id="CustomMoans01 Action" target="1" loop="true" from="1" to="0" frames="8.555"/>
    </actor>
</animation>

The action id needs to be one of those defined in the lewd expressions actiondata.xml.

It's practically just doing a shitload of trying out the different expressions and then adding those lines to animationdata.xml. It's not technically very demanding, but it might eat up your free time, though.

@ookkerpak, SavageCabbage animation pack already has emotes, sounds and effects built into the ***.hkx files.
The fact that a couple of animations are missing some of this is simply an oversight by inattention.

Here is an example of technical data from one of the ***.hkx files:

Spoiler

<hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">0.0</hkparam>
                            <hkparam name="text">FaceEmotion.AnimFaceArchetypeGrateful</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                        <hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">3.366666793823242</hkparam>
                            <hkparam name="text">FaceEmotion.AnimFaceArchetypeNeutral</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                        <hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">4.366666793823242</hkparam>
                            <hkparam name="text">FaceEmotion.AnimFaceArchetypeConfident</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                        <hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">8.066666603088379</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                        <hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">10.466667175292969</hkparam>
                            <hkparam name="text">FaceEmotion.AnimFaceArchetypeIrritated</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                        <hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">12.700000762939453</hkparam>
                            <hkparam name="text">FaceEmotion.AnimFaceArchetypeDisbelief</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                         ... etc

<hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="text">SoundPlay.SexFemaleProtagonistBreathingSlowIn</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                        <hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">1.2000000476837158</hkparam>
                            <hkparam name="text">SoundPlay.SexFemaleProtagonistOralMmm</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                        <hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">2.4000000953674316</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                        <hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">3.3333334922790527</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                        <hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">4.6666669845581055</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                        <hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">6.0333333015441895</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                        <hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">7.5</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                        <hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">8.800000190734863</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                        <hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">10.0</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                        <hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">10.90000057220459</hkparam>
                            <hkparam name="text">SoundPlay.SexFemaleProtagonistGiggle</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                        <hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">12.266667366027832</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>

... etc

9 minutes ago, Axary said:

@ookkerpak, SavageCabbage animation pack already has emotes, sounds and effects built into the ***.hkx files.
The fact that a couple of animations are missing some of this is simply an oversight by inattention.

Here is an example of technical data from one of the ***.hkx files:

Reveal hidden contents

<hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="text">FaceEmotion.AnimFaceArchetypeGrateful</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                        <hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">3.366666793823242</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                        <hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">4.366666793823242</hkparam>
                            <hkparam name="text">FaceEmotion.AnimFaceArchetypeConfident</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                        <hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">8.066666603088379</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                        <hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">10.466667175292969</hkparam>
                            <hkparam name="text">FaceEmotion.AnimFaceArchetypeIrritated</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                        <hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">12.700000762939453</hkparam>
                            <hkparam name="text">FaceEmotion.AnimFaceArchetypeDisbelief</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                         ... etc

<hkobject>
                        </hkobject>
                        <hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">1.2000000476837158</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                        <hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">2.4000000953674316</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                        <hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">3.3333334922790527</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                        <hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">4.6666669845581055</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                        <hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">6.0333333015441895</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                        <hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">7.5</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                        <hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">8.800000190734863</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                        <hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">10.0</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                        <hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">10.90000057220459</hkparam>
                            <hkparam name="text">SoundPlay.SexFemaleProtagonistGiggle</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>
                        <hkobject>
                            <hkparam name="time">12.266667366027832</hkparam>
                        </hkobject>

... etc

Yes, I'm aware. I'm not trying to appear disappointed or ungrateful. Archetypes have their limits though, not all of them are that ... expressive. That's why I think adding mfg tuning on top of 'em might prove beneficial in many places.

@SavageCabbage what was the convention when doing this animations with regards to actor scale? Some creatures in game seem to spawn with varying scales, e.g. ferals Ive seen as big as 1.04. That makes a big difference when it comes to anim alignment.

AAF can of course scale all actors to 1.0, but I've noticed tons of SC animations stop being aligned with this scale, making me wonder what the envisioned scaling is?

8 minutes ago, kenbenis said:

AAF can of course scale all actors to 1.0, but I've noticed tons of SC animations stop being aligned with this scale, making me wonder what the envisioned scaling is?

Mostly default vanilla scale (1.0 male : 0.98 female for human/ghoul race)

Edited by lee3310

I decided to update my Savage animations by installing 950311032_SavageCabbagesAnimationPackV1.2.9

And AAF-Creature-Resources v1.1.6-1 which Savage has as a soft requirement.

All my animations stopped working for all mods like Violate, SEU.

Can anyone please help me I have included a Log. Papyrus.0.log

Edited by Agnot2014
not sure if Log upload was completed

On 4/11/2023 at 11:25 PM, Axary said:

Cheers, I get notified a bit but I forget a lot as well. Sometimes I just need reminding. I think with the Jail Cell, the reason why I didn't use the open mouth face expression thing was because at the time I wanted to try using morphs with AAF to open the mouth to varying degrees but I didn't really understand it when it was explained to me how to do it. I tried but I think dagobaking thought I am smarter than I am and explained it with technobabble so I just left it alone and forgot to change it back to the old method.

13 hours ago, kenbenis said:

@SavageCabbage what was the convention when doing this animations with regards to actor scale? Some creatures in game seem to spawn with varying scales, e.g. ferals Ive seen as big as 1.04. That makes a big difference when it comes to anim alignment.

I think some ghouls are just randomly scaled larger, not really much I can do about it. My ghoul animations use the default scale but you could find some that are slightly larger or smaller which will screw up the alignments. In that case, you're probably better off just looking at it from a different angle and using your imagination because there's really no other option AFAIK.

On 4/12/2023 at 3:58 PM, Vel W said:

Excellent. I noticed this one quite some time ago, too. There may be a few other such closed mouth cases lying around, but most should have been fixed by now

Thanks for figuring it out.

If I forget don't hesitate to remind me!

13 hours ago, SavageCabbage said:

I think some ghouls are just randomly scaled larger, not really much I can do about it. My ghoul animations use the default scale but you could find some that are slightly larger or smaller which will screw up the alignments. In that case, you're probably better off just looking at it from a different angle and using your imagination because there's really no other option AFAIK.

Actually, there is a valid solution for the scale problem using AAF API by scaling all actors to a specific value onSceneInit() based on sex (male/female), position (actors[0] or not) and tags (If (tags.Find("SavageCabbage") > -1) then revert them back to default OnAnimationStop().

Not sure if there is a need for it since AAF already has a built-in scale option.

13 hours ago, SavageCabbage said:

but I didn't really understand it when it was explained to me how to do it. I tried but I think dagobaking thought I am smarter than I am and explained it with technobabble so I just left it alone and forgot to change it back to the old method.

UAP has an open jaw mfgset included (_T_mfgSetData.xml not sure who is the original author of this xml) so i just used it for any animation with closed mouth (copy/paste the action ?). 

<mfgSet id="_T_openjaw">
	  <setting morphID="2" intensity="100" lock="true"/>
</mfgSet>

Edited by lee3310