19 minutes ago, asperser14 said:

well of course I did that but robot npc names still don't show up in the menu. 

Can you elaborate? Do the robots not show up at all, or do they show up but without their correct names? Do other actors show up correctly, just not the robots? Are you standing near enough the robots that they're within the actor scan range configured for AAF? What version of AAF are you using? Do you have any other mods installed which alter robots in any way (especially any which change their race records)? Do you have any animation patch mods installed which alter this animation pack?

Just to be clear, I'm able to initiate scenes from the current version of this animation pack with the player and a Protectron or Mr. Handy using AAF's on-screen interface, so it's definitely possible, implying there's something going on specific to your game/save/other mods.

On 9/9/2022 at 8:47 PM, Axary said:

Working staging for Protectron animation.
I made 2 versions:
1) Full: 116 seconds / 7 stages.
2) Recommended: 83 seconds / 5 stages

After seeing the "Full" version in the game, I didn't like it. So I made the "Recommended" version, it looks more cohesive.

SC_Protectron_Staged_Full.7z 439.5 kB · 5 downloads SC_Protectron_Staged_Recommended.7z 325.44 kB · 18 downloads

Awesome great thanks for the fix, also for Mr Handy animation, are you gonna fix it too? i think it needs working staging too

1 hour ago, razzor69 said:

Awesome great thanks for the fix, also for Mr Handy animation, are you gonna fix it too? i think it needs working staging too

I don't remember having any problems with Mr. Handy's animations.
But I started a new game now, and if I notice something wrong with these animations, I'll try to fix it.

Edited by Axary
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2022 at 9:49 AM, Axary said:

I don't remember having any problems with Mr. Handy's animations.
But I started a new game now, and if I notice something wrong with these animations, I'll try to fix it.

*NONE* of the Robot animations work. They never have. I'll try your new ones & see what happens.

Also.........

ALERT! (ACHTUNG!)

If you suddenly find your male character in the female position & the female in the male position, I found the problem!

In "data\aaf" there are files called "k_ng_savagecabbage_XXXXXXXXX"

Delete these files & you will again be in the male position.

:thumbsup:

Edited by VonHelton
1 hour ago, VonHelton said:

*NONE* of the Robot animations work. They never have. I'll try your new ones & see what happens.

You mean the problem where they don't cleanly transition from one animation to another, or some other definitions of "don't work?" Because the Protectron and Handy animations totally play for me.

Also.........

ALERT! (ACHTUNG!)

If you suddenly find your male character in the female position & the female in the male position, I found the problem!

Those aren't part of this mod. They were probably from some patch you installed. All the files this mod installs into the AAF folder start with "SavageCabbage_" not with "k_ng_savagecabbage_".

14 hours ago, vaultbait said:

You mean the problem where they don't cleanly transition from one animation to another, or some other definitions of "don't work?" Because the Protectron and Handy animations totally play for me.

Those aren't part of this mod. They were probably from some patch you installed. All the files this mod installs into the AAF folder start with "SavageCabbage_" not with "k_ng_savagecabbage_".

Yeah it's an ungendered patch shared by "krlll" and he mentioned the fact that they are ungendered in his post.

15 hours ago, VonHelton said:

Also.........

ALERT! (ACHTUNG!)

14 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

Yeah it's an ungendered patch shared by "krlll" and he mentioned the fact that they are ungendered in his post.

Well, no, he really didn't. He mentioned a symptom of male and female characters reversing positions. Regardless, it's good to know where the k_ng_ prefixed files originate, and uninstalling that patch mod is probably a more straightforward solution than deleting files if its intended effect is not desired by the user.

On 9/24/2022 at 9:19 PM, vaultbait said:

By "not work" I mean the robots don't actually do anything. They will crouch a bit & the female will shimmy a bit, and that's it. No actual sex at all, and certainly no penetration.

There was NO MENTION that the patch would *PERMANENTLY* put the male in the female position & the female in the male position.

:rage:

By "not work" I mean the robots don't actually do anything. They will crouch a bit & the female will shimmy a bit, and that's it. No actual sex at all, and certainly no penetration.

Interesting! They all play for me, I wonder what's different with your install.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

Interesting! They all play for me, I wonder what's different with your install.

Same here. It's the transitions that misbehave before we had that patch earlier this thread. Speaking of which, maybe someone could ask the author (SavageCabbage) to include those fixes in the next update?

8 minutes ago, Vel W said:

Same here. It's the transitions that misbehave before we had that patch earlier this thread. Speaking of which, maybe someone could ask the author (SavageCabbage) to include those fixes in the next update?

Fusing animation together is not ideal when you want to make some editing/changes in xml

7 hours ago, Vel W said:

Patch?

Are you referring to the protectron patches directly above, or is there a patch on a previous page I missed??

:O

9 minutes ago, erynyes said:

robots anim always worked for me as well, the patch is just a fix for transition, the one posted above by axary

As I stated earlier in this thread, I get the very first start up animation where they align themselves, & that one animation loops. I don't get animation 2, 3, 4 etc.

All other animations work fine, just robots are acting wierd.

:/

Love this mod, it's a must have in my setup.

If I could suggest something. I added offsets to the xmls, particularly making all or most animations "anal", there's just not enough of those. Your animations end up looking pretty cool once edited. Slight problem, sometimes the "hands" end up off or clipping through her body, obviously. IS there a way the hands can be locked to their initial position? That way your animations become twice as flexible without making new ones. "If you can't make it perfect, make it adjustable"- NASA. 

Awesome work regardless. 

On 9/26/2022 at 1:24 PM, SavageCabbage said:

Hey all, here's a little Max preview of part of one fresh animation on a different piece of furniture (dresser). No other news, still plodding along.

Looks good! I was wondering if you had any plans to do any more group animations for super mutants since humans go up to MMMMMMMMF it seems like it would be useful

4 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Looks good! I was wondering if you had any plans to do any more group animations for super mutants since humans go up to MMMMMMMMF it seems like it would be useful

There's the "broken bed" animations for SSSF, but yeah those don't do you much good unless you happen to be within scan range of that exact prop. Muties are so big though, it's hard to fit more than 3 or 4 of them around a human anyway.

9 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

5 hours ago, vaultbait said:

There's the "broken bed" animations for SSSF, but yeah those don't do you much good unless you happen to be within scan range of that exact prop. Muties are so big though, it's hard to fit more than 3 or 4 of them around a human anyway.

Yeah, what vaultbait said, but Strong does make a lot of references to super mutants sharing everything so it stands to reason that they'd be doing that kinda thing with their human captives maybe even moreso than humans would. I won't rule it out but neither can I really commit to it right now, what with everything else I have to finish first.

18 hours ago, SavageCabbage said:

references to super mutants sharing everything so it stands to reason that they'd be doing that kinda thing with their human captives maybe even moreso than humans would

This among other things is why i like you and your mod so much. Even with such topics, you calmly inspect the elements and tailor them with lore (and perhaps some bits of science too) in mind. Creators with such qualities are indeed rare.

On 9/28/2022 at 3:56 PM, vaultbait said:

I stumbled on a "Sedan_PostWar01" animation by chance when i was testing a function and couldn't trigger it again. The car doesn't show up in AAF wizard, then i remembered that you struggled with Havok physics and MovableStatic.
Any idea why AAF is so finicky about cars as furniture ? and how do i make them appear as valid furniture (angle/rotation) ?

On 9/29/2022 at 3:44 PM, Vel W said:

This among other things is why i like you and your mod so much. Even with such topics, you calmly inspect the elements and tailor them with lore (and perhaps some bits of science too) in mind. Creators with such qualities are indeed rare.

I try to stay as close to lore as possible!