5 hours ago, hana120 said:

When I make the objects appear via player.placeatme, AAF does not detect them.
I managed to run the animation on the sofa, the chair and the toilet with the ghoul and then the zombie dog to see.
But the double bed and the bowling object don't work.

If you can't see them, that could mean that the x,y angle are not 0 or very close (none furniture objects are a bit tricky in AAF).
Also, double check the IDs in xml and in game with console.

PS

Aliens never worked for me either.

Edited by lee3310
6 hours ago, hana120 said:

When I make the objects appear via player.placeatme, AAF does not detect them.
I managed to run the animation on the sofa, the chair and the toilet with the ghoul and then the zombie dog to see.
But the double bed and the bowling object don't work.

26 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

If you can't see them, that could mean that the x,y angle are not 0 or very close (none furniture objects are a bit tricky in AAF).
Also, double check the IDs in xml and in game with console.

PS

Aliens never worked for me either.

I've had poor luck using placeatme on furniture, for exactly the reason mentioned by lee3310.  On the other hand, aiming the cursor at an empty patch of ground and using placethere (or "pt") works much more consistently for me.

Hello I was hoping for some help it seems this mod is installing but not loading for me. I do not know if to post this on this forum or technical support. I left a post with my load order on technical support. If anyone can help me that would be awesome and ty in advance.  I am using the newest version of Vortex.  I try to load up Nuka Ride and it gets stuck at 68% because it needs this animation pack. Should I try to directly unzip this pack into fallout? Or is there some mod that looks for mods  in game to try to force them to start? I am at a loss on what to do. Other animation mods seem to be working just fine. Seems since Vortex got a new version some mods take me a few times of trying to load them until they take.  Ty in advance for any suggestions. 

On 11/7/2022 at 4:17 PM, spicydoritos said:

I've had poor luck using placeatme on furniture, for exactly the reason mentioned by lee3310.  On the other hand, aiming the cursor at an empty patch of ground and using placethere (or "pt") works much more consistently for me.

Agreed, I've seen precisely the same as well. I just always use placethere for furniture/props because of that, though placeatme is still suitable for spawning actors and physics objects.

19 hours ago, irresponsiblewolfy said:

Hello I was hoping for some help it seems this mod is installing but not loading for me. I do not know if to post this on this forum or technical support. I left a post with my load order on technical support. If anyone can help me that would be awesome and ty in advance.  I am using the newest version of Vortex.  I try to load up Nuka Ride and it gets stuck at 68% because it needs this animation pack. Should I try to directly unzip this pack into fallout? Or is there some mod that looks for mods  in game to try to force them to start? I am at a loss on what to do. Other animation mods seem to be working just fine. Seems since Vortex got a new version some mods take me a few times of trying to load them until they take.  Ty in advance for any suggestions. 

I've seen some people mention mod deployment problems running Vortex under Windows 11, though I don't recall the details. I've been using Vortex for years with Windows 10 and have never observed the problem.

Which version of this animation pack are you installing? Do you have any animation patch mods which are altering it (for example, Ulfbearth's UAP or Indarello's Patch for Animations)?

When you install this mod, do you get the FOMOD installer menu giving you a choice of what actor types to install support for? NR needs you to check pretty much all the checkboxes there since it uses animations for robots and various creatures. Not selecting those would result in the exact problem you describe.

Your load order is pretty irrelevant, since AAF doesn't rely on plugins for animation data (it's just a pile of XML files in a specific directory).

Edited by vaultbait
5 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I've seen some people mention mod deployment problems running Vortex under Windows 11, though I don't recall the details. I've been using Vortex for years with Windows 10 and have never observed the problem.

Which version of this animation pack are you installing? Do you have any animation patch mods which are altering it (for example, Ulfbearth's UAP or Indarello's Patch for Animations)?

When you install this mod, do you get the FOMOD installer menu giving you a choice of what actor types to install support for? NR needs you to check pretty much all the checkboxes there since it uses animations for robots and various creatures. Not selecting those would result in the exact problem you describe.

Your load order is pretty irrelevant, since AAF doesn't rely on plugins for animation data (it's just a pile of XML files in a specific directory).

I have tried all 3 versions on the DL page. I will look into it more since I am running Win 11 with Vortex. I know just a simple mod like better manufacturing took a dozen times before it took. Yet other mods took on the first install. Yes I am getting the menu every time and check the boxes as well.. Thank you VaultBait :) 

15 hours ago, irresponsiblewolfy said:

I have tried all 3 versions on the DL page.

Make sure you're using 1.2.8 (the latest) from June, since NR expects some of the recent additions in it. Also if you're using any animation patches which alter this pack, you need to be sure you're using recent enough versions of those to support SC's 1.2.8.

15 hours ago, irresponsiblewolfy said:

I will look into it more since I am running Win 11 with Vortex. I know just a simple mod like better manufacturing took a dozen times before it took. Yet other mods took on the first install.

Like I said, I've only heard anecdotal evidence of Vortex issues on Windows 11, so I can't confirm there's an actual problem with that combination.

If you think Vortex isn't deploying files from this mod, you can check it yourself. Go into your installed game's Data\AAF folder and look for file names matching SavageCabbage_*.xml since those are what AAF is relying on finding. If they're not present after you set this mod to Enabled and clicked the Deploy button in Vortex, then something is definitely wrong. When you install, you're dragging the 7z file from your browser's downloads to the drop target at the bottom of the Mods view in Vortex, right?

8 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Make sure you're using 1.2.8 (the latest) from June, since NR expects some of the recent additions in it. Also if you're using any animation patches which alter this pack, you need to be sure you're using recent enough versions of those to support SC's 1.2.8.

Like I said, I've only heard anecdotal evidence of Vortex issues on Windows 11, so I can't confirm there's an actual problem with that combination.

If you think Vortex isn't deploying files from this mod, you can check it yourself. Go into your installed game's Data\AAF folder and look for file names matching SavageCabbage_*.xml since those are what AAF is relying on finding. If they're not present after you set this mod to Enabled and clicked the Deploy button in Vortex, then something is definitely wrong. When you install, you're dragging the 7z file from your browser's downloads to the drop target at the bottom of the Mods view in Vortex, right?

Ty VaultBait. Yes the XML's are all there. So it did install correctly. Must be something else with nuka ride installing and not letting AAF load when NR is installed. TY VaultBait. :) You rock.

• 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, what's the Female/male scale ratio used for those animations ? i know that normally, it's (1.0 : 1.0) but some of them (like the stool animation) are perfectly aligned when the female scale is 0.98 (0.98 : 1.0)

Edited by lee3310
21 hours ago, lee3310 said:

Out of curiosity, what's the Female/male scale ratio used for those animations ? i know that normally, it's (1.0 : 1.0) but some of them (like the stool animation) are perfectly aligned when the female scale is 0.98 (0.98 : 1.0)

0.98: 1.0 FM is a scale that is very common in Skyrim, but here in Fallout 4 it's been 1.0:1.0 for most scenes that I remember. Which of the stool scenes was this? Do you have the name string?

Working staging for robots animations: Protectron + Mr Handy.

What did I do and why it works?

Usually staging is a sequence of multiple .hkx files.
But AAF cannot transfer robots from one .hkx to another. So if we use usual staging, the first .hkx file (1st stage) plays fine and all others are broken.
To get around this problem I merged all .hkx into one big .hkx file with long animation. Since all animation stages are now in one .hkx file, AAF doesn't need to transfer robots, and everything works fine.

Edit:

Fix updated: compatibility with Violate has been added.

SC_Robots_Fix.7z

Edited by Axary
1 hour ago, Vel W said:

0.98: 1.0 FM is a scale that is very common in Skyrim, but here in Fallout 4 it's been 1.0:1.0 for most scenes that I remember. Which of the stool scenes was this? Do you have the name string?

"SCAP_Stool01_FM_2Human_Doggy" i'm using "UAP" but i think the animation IDs are the same.
If SC also uses 
0.98 : 1.0 we can exclude them from AAF auto scaling (i just need a confirmation)

Edited by lee3310
2 hours ago, Axary said:

But AAF cannot transfer robots from one .hkx to another. So if we use usual staging, the first .hkx file (1st stage) plays fine and all others are broken.
To get around this problem I merged all .hkx into one big .hkx file with long animation. Since all animation stages are now in one .hkx file, AAF doesn't need to transfer robots, and everything works fine.

SC_Robots_Fix.7z 910.05 kB · 13 downloads

Brilliant. Thanks for that, it's a really annoying problem where it gets stuck

1 hour ago, Slorm said:

Just tested it (with and without it) and I'm getting an AAF error 4 with it installed I'm afraid. If I remove it then the animation starts the first phase

Edit: that was using Violate btw to trigger it

Hmm...
I just checked: I installed Violate and ran the scenes with Protectron and Mr. Handy.
Everything works fine, and the AAF log is completely clean.
Please take a screenshot of the errors, so I can understand what went wrong for you.

Edited by Axary
1 hour ago, Axary said:

Hmm...
I just checked: I installed Violate and ran the scenes with Protectron and Mr. Handy.
Everything works fine, and the AAF log is completely clean.
Please take a screenshot of the errors, so I can understand what went wrong for you.

Okay here you are.

I'm spawning in one Protectron (00100d99). Without this patch the scene starts normally. With it in place armour removal is reported then AAF reports an error 4 (as does Provocative Perks) and Violate terminates so the attack begins again. Scrrenshots below:

Spoiler

ScreenShot57.jpg.6e53b9b38b2cbce422a27f4da2898579.jpg

ScreenShot58.jpg.b46d0eb01347dc52638c3bf66396fe4c.jpg

ScreenShot59.jpg.91453062ed4784c6f25fbcd205346938.jpg

ScreenShot60.jpg.c34a53eeb728a576e94ab917dc3f172c.jpg

EDIT:

Tested without Provocative Perks (just in case) same result. I did re-download as well in case of a corrupt file

Edited by Slorm
15 minutes ago, Slorm said:

Okay here you are.

Can you make a screenshot of the AAF log аfter a failed scene launch?
"Home" -> 3 times "Delete" -> "Enter" to show the administrator menu
Take a screenshot of this menu.

I called robot animations without cheats: found the robot -> hit it -> surrendered.
And everything worked correctly.

P.S.
You may have some other AAF patches installed which are affecting robots animations.
Make sure my fix is at the bottom of your load order.

Edited by Axary
15 minutes ago, Axary said:

Can you make a screenshot of the AAF log?
"Home" -> 3 times "Delete" -> "Enter" to show the administrator menu
Take a screenshot of this menu.

P.S.
You may have some other AAF patches installed which are affecting robots animations.
Make sure my fix is at the bottom of your load order.

Here you are, I took 2 as I had to scroll it to get them all in.

I have also checked to ensure that your xml's are in place (there's no esp/esl) so only the xml's overwriting the originals are important

Spoiler

ScreenShot62.jpg.7a2ed27db20a93413f83ff1e419fdbd7.jpg

ScreenShot64.jpg.6160e07f9c31fcb09775c9ea48ac1702.jpg

2 minutes ago, Slorm said:

Here you are, I took 2 as I had to scroll it to get them all in.

Thank you, that was very helpful, now I understand what's wrong.
I looked at the Violate scripts and realized that you and I are calling different scenarios.
I call the scenario with the tags "Aggressive,Rough,Neutral" and it works.
You call the scenario with the tags "Aggressive,Rough" and it doesn't work.
I've already added the required tags and re-uploaded the fix.
Can you please re-download and test it?

21 minutes ago, Axary said:

Thank you, that was very helpful, now I understand what's wrong.
I looked at the Violate scripts and realized that you and I are calling different scenarios.
I call the scenario with the tags "Aggressive,Rough,Neutral" and it works.
You call the scenario with the tags "Aggressive,Rough" and it doesn't work.
I've already added the required tags and re-uploaded the fix.
Can you please re-download and test it?

Spot on, it's working :classic_smile: Tested both Protectron and Mr Handy

Many thanks for doing this ?

Edited by Slorm
On 11/23/2022 at 10:30 PM, Axary said:

Edit:

Fix updated: compatibility with Violate has been added.

SC_Robots_Fix.7z 910.67 kB · 13 downloads

Very good work, indeed.

Would you consider having this fix of yours being merged into the next update, becoming part of it?

I'd like to think that I'm acquianted with the mod author himself enough to facilitate that.

But of course, it is best to check with you first. Make sure you'd be okay with the arrangment.

Edited by Vel W
grammar
7 minutes ago, Vel W said:

Would you consider this work of yours being merged into the next update, becoming part of it?

I would be only too glad.
SavageCabbage is my favorite animation pack, and I'll be happy to know that I was able to help the author in some way.

22 hours ago, Axary said:

I would be only too glad.
SavageCabbage is my favorite animation pack, and I'll be happy to know that I was able to help the author in some way.

Nice. While we're at it, I notice that there's "PT1" and "PT2" for the MrHandy's animations. Both only play once, and do not loop back like usual AAF animations.

Would this be fixable so we do not have to re-enter the AAF animation every time?