I also gave a quick shot at bat pics. Pretty crappy because they were very quick and also because my Skyrim-screenshot-fu is pretty rusty after all the FO4'ing I've been doing, so apologies in advance. (Gods how much have I missed the FEP ring and Bad Dog's morphs/expressions, though).

Bat_1.png

Spoiler

Bat_2.png

Bat_3.png

No wings because there doesn't seem to be any Animated Dragon Wings version (yet?) and the Real Flying ones look a bit like crap when not flying, unfortunately (and thus are a bitch to pose).

Also I don't know if I will be able to run much testing on them, but if I am I'll make sure to post all I can find.

@Bad Dog, got some bugs to report about the bats:

• Feet meshes still have the digi bone transforms even though AFAIK the base file is meant to be planti. Would have to remove those and simply include nifs with the transforms in the Digi file instead.
  • Female feet textures are wrong, the normal map is the YA paw one instead of the proper Cellan/Bat one (that's also what causes the feet bug Sly posted).
  • Female hand nif have the wrong shader data (male values instead of female ones). Sly already mentioned this issue in the YA thread, and since the bat hands are the same as the YA ones, seems like they have this problem as well.
  • Bats get a ton of Bird head parts they shouldn't. I see no reason for this unless maybe giving them the neck ruff too, but I'd say it would make more sense to duplicate those specific records instead of just having useless/mismatched bird hairs and parts cluttering the race menu.
  • There's no vampire version of the race. I kinda get this for birds, but for bats... c'mon. You can even do some fancy stuff with the vampire morphs if you want to fine-tune them instead of using the default YA fox head ones.
  • Also I saw there was a "BatRaceController" script but there doesn't seem to be a quest, or at least it's not working because the race isn't added to the Khajiit head parts list. I assume the quest and script won't be properly implemented until the vampire race variant is done?
  • Some head morphs/sliders seem to affect the (leaf) nose for some reason even though I assume they aren't supposed to. Most notably the Eye sliders, but the Mouth and Chin ones may do it too.

Also just some random thoughts on them:

• I like their current face tints but I think it would still be nice to have more options. Could try giving them the YA/Lykaios paints too, shouldn't take much plugin work to add them and the more customization options, the better.
  • They definitely need some hair. If you wanted to make some new hairs for them based on references or whatever (for example, the "sidehawk" on the bat from the "Diner" pic in the set I linked earlier), that could be nice. Though to be honest IMO just giving them the Lykaios hairs should be more than enough, at least for now.
  • I don't know if you are planning to do an "Animated Dragon Wings" variant of their wings, but it would be nice to have. The "Real Flying" version may be the best for actual flying, but as I've stated already they look like crap when doing anything that isn't flying so at this point wings are more of a liability for me, for example.

Aaaand one last suggestion.

I like both nose options available right now (flying fox/"standard canine snout" and leaf-nosed bat), but IMO it would be nice to have a third option that was a mix of the two. Basically similar to the standard canine snout, but the tip is pointy and goes up like a spade (just like the leaf nose does).

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any clear/ideal example of what I mean so these pics will have to do for now if you want references (NSFW, by the way):

Spoiler

image0.png?width=507&height=676

c7c8c4d9884fe4d14df096f677074ee0.jpg

Source: privvys-art

e406f5bced545f0947c89eb262d4488f.jpg

Source: chunie

2 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any clear/ideal example of what I mean so these pics will have to do for now if you want references (NSFW, by the way):

Probably obvious I'd say it, but I'd definitely like it if the uncut schlong was made an option for at least the bats in this mod. Then again, it isn't as if images don't exist for Avians with foreskin too - Omari.

Also, I want something with a lime flavor for some reason. *shrug*

8 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

No wings because there doesn't seem to be any Animated Dragon Wings version (yet?) and the Real Flying ones look a bit like crap when not flying, unfortunately (and thus are a bitch to pose).

The only way I could get the flying wings presentable enough to show off was to jump on random things until they got confused and got stuck in flying animation. I really don't get why anton thought that the flying wings should compress into weird backpack when he had perfectly fine idle with animated wings.

6 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

They definitely need some hair. If you wanted to make some new hairs for them based on references or whatever (for example, the "sidehawk" on the bat from the "Diner" pic in the set I linked earlier), that could be nice. Though to be honest IMO just giving them the Lykaios hairs should be more than enough, at least for now.

+1 here, the big bat ears also help since they get to poke under pretty much any hairstyle.

I tried out with one SMP wig I have lying around for another character and even with all the clipping etc., the difference to 'bald' one is pretty stark.

badhair.jpg

Get the latest version - schlongs should be good at least in my testing.

Hairstyles in the next version and I'll fool with more nose shapes. I wasn't sure (still am not sure)  how to make the different noses work with the tints, since the leaf nose pulls in more faces. But adding a tint slider or two will probably help with that.

Latest version has both "bat wings" (folds decently, animations for sneak, jump, attack) and "flying bat wings" for flying, so use the former for screenshots.

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

Latest version has both "bat wings" (folds decently, animations for sneak, jump, attack) and "flying bat wings" for flying, so use the former for screenshots.

Unless you updated the GDrive file in, like, the last few hours, nope it does not.

The only bat wings in there right now are the Real Flying ones, there's no standard/ADW variant. That's the first I checked ingame when I saw the RF ones were the default and I couldn't find anything, and after checking the files I didn't find the ADW bat wings nif either, just the RF one.

Also, on the topic of anthro bats in Elder Scrolls, turns out there's a fan-made lore project called the Uutak Mythos centered on a sparsely-developed place in Nirn (the island of Yneslea) and its native bat-like inhabitants, the Echmer. Some of the information can be found on the UESP page for the Mythos. Also, as listed in the UESP page there may be some sneaky references to them included in ESO, so while still not official canon or anything like that, some kind of bats in ES lore wouldn't be that far off now thanks to them.

I mention this because while the main Echmer design seems to focus on bat-like elves instead of anthro bats (even if they aren't actually supposed to be real elves as per their lore), some of the original concept art actually seems to depict something closer to what we have here:

Spoiler

GEN-Uutak-Echmer_Concept_Art_05.jpg

So if we wanted to try and give them a more firm implementation in-lore, we could grab some cues from the Mythos or even just call them Echmer altogether. Just my two cents, though.

(In other news, the Mythos also mentions "the Terenjoe – an enigmatic subterranean shark-like people". With Yneslea being right between Tamriel and Akavir, I sense some great opportunity here to throw Selachii into the lore mix too somehow, lol. Will have to look further into this matter :classic_rolleyes:).

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

Unless you updated the GDrive file in, like, the last few hours, nope it does not.

Bugger. I must not have rebuilt the zip. You can get 4.3B from here. (Make sure you get the right version.)

I like the Echmer idea. Not sure how much okay it is to just steal their ideas. Might do a lightweight reference for those who know.

7 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

I like the Echmer idea. Not sure how much okay it is to just steal their ideas. Might do a lightweight reference for those who know.

I'd say as long as you make it clear it's an interpretation of it/it's inspired by the original Mythos and it's not meant to be "official" or whatever, you'd be in the clear. Seems like the whole thing is getting rebooted soon-ish so chances are the existing/old lore will be fair game anyway. And even then if you want to do some CYA-ing you could contact the author(s) and make sure they would be fine with it just in case (I guess I would be willing to take care of that myself if you want me to).

In any case, it's your call so if you want to stick to lightweight references only instead that should be alright too, I guess.

3 hours ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

Back to birds for a moment because I realized I completely forgot to post this very lore friendly bird who cares about your health insurance.

OMG I LOLed. Everyone in this pub is staring at me. She's fabulous.

I'll look at the purple slit thing but I didn't touch the schlongs. You sure the problem isn't on your end?

12 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Get the latest version - schlongs should be good at least in my testing.

Hairstyles in the next version and I'll fool with more nose shapes. I wasn't sure (still am not sure)  how to make the different noses work with the tints, since the leaf nose pulls in more faces. But adding a tint slider or two will probably help with that.

I have the latest everything though:
image.png.6e082623cb0f559c8f5807a270fd06d7.png
ESP loaded last (with real flying and animated dragon wings afterwards).

This is the problem I'm having with the latest version of the Birds

Spoiler

20191212155751_1.jpg.014b7626384b781cb20994b59435a20a.jpg

It won't erect with spells or console command either

Load order, if it helps

Spoiler

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp

BSAssets.esm

BSHeartland.esm

ClimatesOfTamriel.esm

Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm

0A

RaceCompatibility.esm

0B

Shark Race.esp

0C

LykaiosReborn.esp

0D

BadDogSchlongCore.esm

0E

HighResTexturePack01.esp
0F

HighResTexturePack02.esp

HighResTexturePack03.esp

RaceMenu.esp

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

AMatterOfTime.esp

SkyUI.esp

Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp

immersive roads.esp

MoreBanditCamps(Explorer'sEdition).esp

Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp

aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp

1A

Chesko_WearableLantern.esp

1B

WetandCold.esp

1C

HairsBeastRace.esp

1D

CatRaces.esp

1E

CatRaceSchlongs.esp

1F

Skyrim Realistic Archery.esp

Shark Race - Followers.esp

HandHammers.esp

Smooth Argonians.esp

Dr_Bandolier.esp

Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp

KatixasRefillablePotions.esp

ArgonianFins.esp

Inigo.esp

Sea Cottage.esp

StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp

2A

Riverwood BridgeHouse Lite.esp

2B

FelNin_Eng.esp

2C

SexyStartingOptions.esp

2D

ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hazardous.esp

2E

ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp

2F

ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-2.esp

ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp

ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp

FNIS.esp

Shark Race - SOS Sheath.esp

SOS - Leito Addon.esp

BRB_BeastRaceBodypaints.esp

Saeri_Khajiit_Hair.esp

PedssMannequinsKhajiit.esp

rrhairargonian.esp

RaceMenuMorphsUUNP.esp

Baltimore Weapons.esp

1 hour ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

Mohawk, maybe?

I feel that's fitting theme-wise, but it still looks a bit too bare. Then again the first thing I did with my bat was to slap the Mane™ on her so I may be biased

Or maybe even a big tiddy goth bat gf?

Well, that was bound to happen... and it's great. lol :classic_tongue:

2 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

I feel that's fitting theme-wise, but it still looks a bit too bare.

That might be because the cheekbones are a bit too wide and/or eyes too small, now that I look at it again. Lots of unused space, especially around sides, which makes the face look empty.

I need help getting this mod working.

I'm brand new here to Skyrim modding. After a friend gifted me the vanilla game on Steam and I came across this mod (I love Avians, thank you for making this at all) I decided to try and learn the ropes of modding by getting this working. I've spent the last few days getting though all the setup and making sure all of this mod's requirements are working, and they all are, but once I add this mod itself, the game is crashing on startup...