No, what I mean is, I really hate tint layers.

I have the birds back up on their feet, I've got all the presets showing up right, everything looks good. I go to deal with the wings, figure out how to equip them automatically so the user doesn't have to fiddle them unless they want to. I do a last check of the presets and all the male songbird skin colors but one isn't showing. All the rest are fine. I'm still trying to figure it out.

In addition to the points above, tints just have to be done through the CK. There's something finicky about tint indices and if you don't get them right the color doesn't show up in game. Mostly I've solved problems by moving the color around in the color list in the race form, but that's not fixing it this time.

Edit: Freakin' A. I think the skin tint layer has to be at 100%.

Ya, the skin layer has to be 100%. Fucking Skyrim.

I now have Birds rebuilt and ready to go for LE and SE. I'll upload them tomorrow.

Then I make a bat race and my next playthrough is as a bat on SE. So that means I'll be annoyed by all the stuff that isn't there yet and start converting over my other mods. Once I think I have a handle on conversion in general, I'll tackle YA.

Why a bat race--because experiencing Skyrim from the air is freaking awesome. I just found a chest with really good loot on top of a tower that I swear there's no way to get to except by air.

• 1 month later...
On 9/27/2019 at 11:59 PM, Bad Dog said:

Ya, the skin layer has to be 100%. Fucking Skyrim.

I now have Birds rebuilt and ready to go for LE and SE. I'll upload them tomorrow.

Then I make a bat race and my next playthrough is as a bat on SE. So that means I'll be annoyed by all the stuff that isn't there yet and start converting over my other mods. Once I think I have a handle on conversion in general, I'll tackle YA.

Why a bat race--because experiencing Skyrim from the air is freaking awesome. I just found a chest with really good loot on top of a tower that I swear there's no way to get to except by air.

If I could afford to support you again rn I'd bring the talis details up from the old thread again. Excited to see what they come out to. Ive been basically just waiting for your ports before jumping into SE.

On 11/9/2019 at 12:01 PM, Bad Dog said:

Bring them up anyway. What are you looking for?

I remember you mentioning it wouldn't work due to the arms being in the way but I still feel it would be a cool aesthetic. I bring them up because you said bats explicitly which are also wing arm creatures.

Boy first, then girl.

Spoiler

a989caa6d6ea324d38e1d26d8431ef5b.png

Spoiler

eb5005d8335ae382ae6b47ae1011aa69.png

Again, if I could afford it I'd commission them from you directly (I hope I can soon???)

The wings are more accurate on the first image but the general idea is the same. They're like Bat/Hawk creatures; and they glow blue in spots with thin skin due to bioluminescents in their blood, also due to the natural pigmentation for sexual dimorphism. Upper jaw is a false "beak" which is actually bone armor, over an otherwise regular muzzle. Theyre kind of monsterous... I suppose they would be like a mammal version of a playable dragon race.

I'm liking what I see so far with the bats, especially the ears.

Since LL's attachments are completely borked (for me at least) right now, you'll have to settle with external host.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/636267849790259203/644291324731719720/bat1.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/636267849790259203/644291291387265025/bat2.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/636267849790259203/644291337134538759/bat3.jpg

Somehow I managed to bug out the wings so that they are constantly in "falling" position so got to show them out too kinda.

9 minutes ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

Ooh, yeah, those ears are really nice. I clicked on the pics without reading the post and that was the first thought I had, lol.

Think I'm going to wait for females to be added to go for it, but I'll definitely will be taking the bats for a spin once that happens. Keep up the good work, BD! :classic_shy:

21 hours ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

Since LL's attachments are completely borked (for me at least) right now, you'll have to settle with external host.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/636267849790259203/644291324731719720/bat1.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/636267849790259203/644291291387265025/bat2.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/636267849790259203/644291337134538759/bat3.jpg

Somehow I managed to bug out the wings so that they are constantly in "falling" position so got to show them out too kinda.

DCR Crusader king?

Nice armor and your excellent photos

I have a picture of my bat

20191113200429_1.jpg

I've also been experiencing missing textures on the schlongs. I have Hoodies as well as MNC installed. I'll look at the esp and see if it tells me where its looking for the textures, as it looks like the only textures included in the schlong addon are Argonian/Human/Khajiit.

I've also been having an unusual issue where the Eagles' head turn black once I exit RaceMenu. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, and the neck remains white, while the head and beak turn black.

Edit: Also noticed that hoodie schlongs (both from these and from your Hoodies 8.07 mod) don't swap meshes when erect while this is installed, though they work without this, so I wonder if, were I able to get 8.11.1 to work as intended, they would go erect just fine with this installed.

Some of the combos might make a secretary bird-like thing. 

I'm really happy with how the face tints for the bat turned out. With the birds I did a cartoon in blender but most of the work in photoshop. With the bats, I painted them directly on the 3D model. Required a bit more patience but I thought the result was better. I might redo the birds the same way.

The secretary bird crest is kind of random but some of the existing crests are close. I'd never noticed the eyelashes before. OMG. Maybe I'll make some eyes like that.

As for shadeless normals, sure. That ought to be the default, with the shaded nipples in the titties addon.