On 6/23/2020 at 11:37 AM, Bad Dog said:

I saved the image for future reference, if I come back to this.

Couple of problems with wings that attach properly--first, clothes. Could just ignore it and let them poke through like the tails do. 

Then, arms. Easy to attach them to the arms but then they won't fly. It would just be a stretchy membrane. Animate them with the wing bones and there's no way to attach them to the arms. So I think we have to have a bat with wings and arms.

Then, sides and legs. If wings are separate from the arms is it even worth doing? If so, I can imagine a smooth weighting from wing bone to side and legs that wouldn't look too horrible, but it would be super tricky. 

ADW/RF's animation method is finicky and I don't control the animations or the bones so there's a limit to what I can do. The SE version tho is better--the two mods are essentially combined. I'm sorta kinda reweighting the bird wings for it. When I'm done with deer and minotaurs I might come back and see what I can do there. What I do might be SE-only just because those wings are tricky and I'd rather do them once.

I see. Unfortunately, two of my linked images broke and didn't display a thumbnail onto the forum properly. Have to click them, but the other guy posted even better references, including real life material, so... SHRUG.

1. Yeah, I thought about clothing, considering the way they could clip through them in theory. I imagine it would largely depend upon the person using the mod and whether they would prefer the more realistic wing version and could disregard the aesthetic issues posed there. Plus, it's not like there aren't other mods that could offer ways to play through the game with less clothing, if you wanted to "roleplay" it as a unique handicap by an unusual body shape. Flying is a very strong ability as it stands - makes keep away very easy.

2. The rest of those technical details about their theoretical implementation are interesting to hear and exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for satisfying my curiosity, as that's what I wondered about.

3. I have to say, whether SE exclusive or eventually backported, (since original Skyrim still has the bulk of mods from my understanding) it's awesome that you're at least considering trying to do them at some point. Should be interesting to see the result if you do decide to go through with it. I thought it either flat out wouldn't be possible with the way the supporting mods were set up, or it would be too difficult/annoying for you, therefore there would be no chance at all. Glad to know that's not necessarily the case.

Also...

LOL, you pervs. I'm all like, I'll just stick a dog sheath on him because who really cares, and you're all like Rule 34! Rule 34!

Clearly, there's enough of a demand for bat dick. I don't think that's the first time I've seen it pointed out on here. I'm curious how the placement of their balls would pan out when working with the ball physics, as well. Unless, they would have to be static and not compatible due to the odd position beside their sheath.

Interesting photos and opinions and I was kind of curious if they can't bounce.

I think as an example if you have a bag with two tomatoes hanging. Tomatoes moved with you when loading them but ... and if the tomatoes have you stuck on both sides of the t-shirt?

I don't think they need movement or maybe just a little

I found a little information about science questions and answers on reddit about this:

"They don't dangle, bat testicles are just small round balls that are tight against the body. they remain in the same position regardless of the orientation of the bat"

Well I learned something new today,

they don't bounce

I'd prefer an uncut option for the bats, there being a number of images showing them that way. Though I think the anatomical option would be interesting too. 

Though it is possibly a concern with Yiffy Age, and if the Bats are added in as the Dwemer, though possibly the anatomical option just being used for the one race, and likely just the player, given the lore(though I do have an idea for a half-dwemer character for the Shark Race mod that might use that race if it is done...), so it might not be a problem.

29 minutes ago, Kuroyami said:

I'd prefer an uncut option for the bats, there being a number of images showing them that way. Though I think the anatomical option would be interesting too. 

Though it is possibly a concern with Yiffy Age, and if the Bats are added in as the Dwemer, though possibly the anatomical option just being used for the one race, and likely just the player, given the lore(though I do have an idea for a half-dwemer character for the Shark Race mod that might use that race if it is done...), so it might not be a problem.

This sounds interesting the uncut and anatomical version.

I like your stories. I'd like to see your next half dwemer character idea story then ?

22 hours ago, Raydric said:

I like your stories. I'd like to see your next half dwemer character idea story then ?

The character is already mentioned on the Shark race blog already, in the Helheim entry. Though it's only some very basic information, but otherwise I do have some dialog written for her, though she isn't meant to be too big of a character, content-wise anyway. That could change though. I'm not too worried about spoiling her race(even some current dialog makes a bit of a deal out of it), as her name alone might point some to her race already.

At this point, at least considering her possible bat appearance, I don't think I could show her off in-game. My recourse for vanilla would be a very pale(or a very light blue tone that looks white in-game) Dunmer, which should be fairly easy. I'd go for making her a white/albino colored bat if YA does get them, which might work with the current textures, I'm not sure.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Slyghos95 said:

Howdy bad doggie later could you add a small camp of friendly bats like the birds have?

I like the idea of a small camp with a few npc bats.  Although I thought before they were in a tavern but I think a small camp would be good.

But one would have to think.  What place would be a good camp? ?

I think Riverwood is a small village too recurring and already known to all (many mods dedicated to Riverwood and I have a great house here) plus there is a bird camp there.

I was thinking about how Bad Dog mentioned about the Dwemer and how I was fascinated by the idea there could be a small camp outside the Dwemer ruins located at The Reach

Some example of location may be...

Spoiler

Bthardamz

1200px-Bthardamz.jpg.52ba0a4d3c10d9da24bc2737b8e99f38.jpg

43658067_Bthardamzmap(1).jpg.b615dee3111c35aa902f43d5ad7c11be.jpg

Deep Folk Crossing

1200px-DeepFolkCrossing.jpg.0daba7a8823de8db365ec7ba267fa8c2.jpg

Deep_Folk_Crossing.jpg.a08807d8ffa301c20c7880e172210a28.jpg

Dwemer Ruins: Druadach

Dwemer_Ruins_Druadach.png.2c83e32be7ebddecfdd24caf137df2c7.png

Dwemer_Ruins_Druadach_Map.jpg.699ac576eecc0176a9a67270d267a800.jpg

Avanchnzel

upload_2015-5-31_9-27-26.png.dec08e4c06cee5cdbe10ccebf5378c6e.png

Avanchnzel(Location).jpg.dc6badbc16a19fd3db9c2b5ec42c310d.jpg

Shor's Watchtower gets bad guys in a few mods, including Immersive Creatures. Also, even with vanilla, you'd have a bunch of dead guards and some happy bats. Circumstantial evidence would be strong.

I think yeah, put them in a cave or Dwemer ruin. I'm not really sure about putting them in a ruin, from the lore point of view. I wasn't really thinking of stacking the bat mod on top of YA when I made the Dwemer bats. I think better keep them entirely separate, so any ancestral connection has been forgotten by modern descendants. Otherwise they have to *be* Dwemer and that's a hassle.

Maybe clean one of the caves out of the bandits and replace with bats. Like Orotheim, where nothing much happens. If it gets chosen for a radiant quest that could be a problem. Or use or create a half-cave like the wolves sometimes have. 

Anyway, if/when I'll certainly want to create a cluster of NPCs somewhere.

22 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

I think yeah, put them in a cave or Dwemer ruin. I'm not really sure about putting them in a ruin, from the lore point of view. I wasn't really thinking of stacking the bat mod on top of YA when I made the Dwemer bats. I think better keep them entirely separate, so any ancestral connection has been forgotten by modern descendants. Otherwise they have to *be* Dwemer and that's a hassle.

It makes sense that a civilization like the dwemer has disappeared hundreds of years ago and that no one remembers today

I like the idea.

It could be explained that all those who disappeared were the people who had great ties to beliefs, culture, religion and great knowledge (among others), that is, very close to the Dwemer civilization. 

It might not have affected some lonely people, people who had no connection to the dwemer civilization for years. All living a simple mortal life, without knowledge and also not playing to challenge gods

• 4 weeks later...