26 minutes ago, Siegmeyer said:

Only done a few so far but it's what you would expect.

Reveal hidden contents

Looking good, but I have a small heads up: AFAIK the birds use Khajiit as their reference race for armors, so the only way to implement custom bird armors without screwing up Khajiit gear would be to make them into completely separate items (like for example the "Standalone" version of Remodeled Armors does).

On 1/31/2019 at 10:51 AM, Blaze69 said:

Looking good, but I have a small heads up: AFAIK the birds use Khajiit as their reference race for armors, so the only way to implement custom bird armors without screwing up Khajiit gear would be to make them into completely separate items (like for example the "Standalone" version of Remodeled Armors does).

Well all that means is that I would have to set the Armor Race to the bird race instead of Khajiit, and then simply flag the ArmorAddon for every equippable gear piece to also use the bird race (even ones I didn't modify the mesh of ). 

50 minutes ago, Siegmeyer said:

Well all that means is that I would have to set the Armor Race to the bird race instead of Khajiit, and then simply flag the ArmorAddon for every equippable gear piece to also use the bird race (even ones I didn't modify the mesh of ). 

Nope, not really. If you set any vanilla race as the armor reference (i.e. by selecting it in the "ArmorRace" field of the custom race data), then the game will only load ArmorAddons that include the reference race and will ignore the custom race itself.

So for example if Item A has two armor addons, one for KhajiitRace and another for BirdRace, and you set Khajiit as the ArmorRace for the birds, the game will always load the Khajiit AA even if there's another one specifically built for BirdRace. It's just the way the engine works.

EDIT: okay, I get what you mean now. Of course, if you leave the ArmorRace field empty, then the game will only load AAs that include BirdRace in the compatible races list, but that means you would need to patch ALL of the game's items to work on birds and also mod-added gear wouldn't work on them without a patch as well. Too much work IMO.

Better to simply make alternate "bird-only" versions of vanilla armors/clothes and make them craftable using the original vanilla item. Plus, it only makes sense that you would need to refit items made for different anatomy before they can be worn.

I can't get the schlong textures to work at all, it's just a purple menace every time. I tried installing HCoS and MNC, still nothing. I tried installing the Hoodie mod which also did not work, I even tried replacing the textures in this mod with those from the hoodies mod (renaming them), still nothing.

I was hoping someone has figured this out? Does anyone have any tips on what might be going on here?

I don't see anything obvious. You could move the bird races to the bottom, right above LAL. They don't overwrite anything vanilla, so that should be safe. Are you using MO? If so the thing to do is pare your load order down to the minimum and see what you get on a new game. Then if it's good, add mods back in until you find the problem.

This may be a stupid question to ask as I may have just done something wrong or even forgotten to download a file.  But I am trying to run the SSE conversion that was put together by Teraunce but seem to be having an issue with it loading in properly.  The game itself runs and I am able to pick the races, but all of the textures must not be working because I'm stuck looking at neon colors that make my eyes bleed.  I don't have any screenshots of the issue but can take a pic with my phone later if you'd like.  But I was wondering if anyone knows what I did wrong and or how to fix the issue :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very interested in using this mod. However, I am using the SSE version and installed it using Wyre Bash. All the races load properly in the Race Menu and the models are there. However, no textures load at all. They're all just a plain white texture and two eyes.

I'd upload my load order but I think my account is too new for that. I'm pretty sure there's a conflict I just don't know where. So I put it in a spoiler. I hope that works.

Please let me know when you can. I've tried messing around to no avail.

Spoiler

00  Skyrim.esm  [CRC: C665FD56]
01  Update.esm  [CRC: E5B67BDA]
02  Dawnguard.esm  [CRC: BD72CCF3]
03  HearthFires.esm  [CRC: AF82CE6A]
04  Dragonborn.esm  [CRC: A9F83BFF]
05  RaceCompatibility.esm  [Version 1.60a]  [CRC: 1E8C087F]
06  Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp  [Version 3.0.12]  [CRC: B9E03259]
07  USKP Patcher for RaceCompatibility.esp  [CRC: 93E5EFB6]
08  RaceMenu.esp  [CRC: 2765B7D0]
09  RaceMenuPlugin.esp  [CRC: 8A8A009F]
0A  SkyUI.esp  [CRC: BEA2DC76]
0B  GrandMaster.esp  [CRC: CDC7D117]
0C  CharacterMakingExtender.esp  [CRC: 91716407]
0D  dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp  [CRC: 910FBBF3]
0E  EnhancedCharacterEdit.esp  [CRC: 4BEBEFD1]
0F  Bashed Patch, 0.esp  [CRC: 878E779C]
10  XPMSE.esp  [CRC: E9639CAC]
11  FNIS.esp  [CRC: B1685AD7]
12  MainMenu.esp  [CRC: 83E18690]
13  HighResTexturePack03.esp  [CRC: D596F02A]
14  HighResTexturePack02.esp  [CRC: D596F02A]
15  HighResTexturePack01.esp  [CRC: D596F02A]
16  Animated Dragon Wings.esp  [CRC: CFB141DD]
17  RaceMenuMorphsUUNP.esp  [CRC: EDDDF336]
18  BDBirds.esp  [CRC: 2DFB25DC]
19  BDBirdNPC.esp  [CRC: 16D9B073]

Birds have their own textures, so I would not expect them to conflict with much. And you've got the esp last in the list. Are you using MO? Are they last on the left side also?

Try reinstalling for grins and giggles. And post a picture, not sure what a white texture means in this context.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yo! So I finally decided to do a serious playthrough as a songbird from this mod. I have all the requirements for the mod in the correct load order, and I can make a character just fine.
My problem is that the wings that come with the race do not visually function using any flight mods. To put in simple terms, they do not flap when I am flying.

I have run and re-run FNIS for users tool many times, and the wings from this mod still freeze-frame when I am flying. When I looked into it further, I discovered that all the wings from the Animated Dragon wings mod are broken like this too. Are you able to implement the bird wings into another mod such as Real Flying? As an option. I have found that the only wings that flap when flying are Real Flying's built in dragon wings.
I just can't seem to find a way to animate the wings. I've tried this with all the other flight mods as well, no difference.

I'm also going to tell the creator of Animated Dragon Wings about this "non-Animated Dragon Wings" issue.

If this is a common issue then I might just be too stupid to know how to fix it by myself.

[EDIT]: Will there possibly be longer bird tails in the future? Birds in real life don't usually have tails as short as that. I'd like to see some bird tails of length similar to mockingbird tails.

I'm actually about to post an update. Nothing very much different but I'll make chests of wing potions available, the schlongs will be fully compatible with other race mods that have Hoodies, stuff like that.

Longer tails are a problem because they sorta have to be stiff and that's a problem with all sorts of animations. 

As for flying... tbh I never tried it. Since Real Flying and the base for my wings are by the same author I assumed they'd just work. I'll have a look. Have you tried it?

4 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

I'm actually about to post an update. Nothing very much different but I'll make chests of wing potions available, the schlongs will be fully compatible with other race mods that have Hoodies, stuff like that.

Longer tails are a problem because they sorta have to be stiff and that's a problem with all sorts of animations. 

As for flying... tbh I never tried it. Since Real Flying and the base for my wings are by the same author I assumed they'd just work. I'll have a look. Have you tried it?

I have attempted to use Real Flying with your wings. I get a second pair of dragon wings on top of my bird wings, and the dragon wings flap, while the bird wings freeze-frame while flying.

Also yes please! I love the bird schlongs and want to use that model for an argonian! or maybe the Selachii, if the addon can be applied to third party race mods that use hoodies.

[UPDATE]: I managed to fix it simply by starting a new game. wow.

[UPDATE 2]: Are there female slit varieties of the bird schlong? I only see a female Gryphon option and I don't want balls on my birb.

So I loaded up Real Flying and did some quick & dirty tweaks to link Birds to RF and I have to say it's seriously cool. I'm playing where you still have fall damage if you're stupid with the wings and I think that's the way to go--there's actually a little skill involved in using the wings. I'm not quite happy yet, there's some funkiness with the wing angle which I might be able to fix by tying my wing mesh to the RF rig. So I'm going to do that and then my next version will be based on RF instead of Dragon Wings.