2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

How did I never know their tongues are serrated?

Not enough/just the right amount of contact with geese.

Personally I think penguins have more metal mouths though.

Spoiler

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/02/9c/6c/029c6ca6ec9695d6ead94e5cdd2c2752.png

"Birds with terrifying mouths" list also includes swans.

Spoiler

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/MWk_rHDhvmzRB0sUnybMWBZqCA-Y8Lsbde0vjXUrSjZ4XI2QPDQpmg_gjPSYm1p0TIgsQlCaa0UFRfVfw5BtEoAcnL8LLwoNzY1B-nCacijiQZ1xR1pV672Z6oi4Ow2ue-biGZveYtuhEW3a

37 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Ya, ofc. Have a look, they're great.

Just realizing you were asking for fangs that protrude on non-vampire races. Ya, ok, maybe. Could be a mouth option.

Id dropped out of skyrim for a while so I will take a look as soon as I finish getting it up and running again. Very excited to see what youve done w them.

On 2/13/2020 at 9:55 PM, Raydric said:

Regards Bad Dog. Talking about teeth...  I wanted to ask.  

Could you one day add fangs that protrude from the mouth?

As the Lykaios mouthparts option? 

Reveal hidden contents

1521246746.raylldo_1521244173.rogueliger_raylldoexperimentalportraitresize.png.50120c380d4b0f7ba16939d2ccd68d58.png

Although I don't know if small or medium fangs.

If you have free time of course. 

Interesting drawing I liked those fangs

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason, Bat vampires won't work. Crashes every time Harkon bites me. Looking in the CK, the vampire race is missing "Vampire," and "ActorIsUndead." I am using the updated version (12/28) also. Naturally, I tried added them myself but it did not fix the issue, and now any container with the wing potions crashes too :( I really love these bats and I really like YA too, so it pains me to have to report such an issue to you BadDog. I really enjoy your mods! Also, I feel I should mention that I use sacrosanct - yet, selachii vampires work fine (also love your race, Blaze!) and the bats are loaded next to them, before scs as it recommends for custom races. I have nothing else that modifies vampires, except RaceCompatability, which if it was the problem, either no vampires would work or the selachii ones wouldn't. Truly, I am clueless about this issue. I still love playing as a bat, though! Any help is much appreciated!

3 hours ago, Rafalethedragon said:

For some reason, Bat vampires won't work. Crashes every time Harkon bites me.

Some races have this weird bug where turning into a vampire causes a crash. I've seen it before on the Yautja (Predator) race. It's easy to fix, you just need to edit the vampire race flags in xEdit (or the CK) and remove the "Overlay Head Parts List" tag. Downside is vampire characters won't get vampire eyes after turning, but they should still get the fangs as long as they also have the "Vampire" and "ActorTypeUndead" keywords, and IMO no vamp eyes is better than guaranteed crashes.

I'm not sure if bats even have the required scripts for vampirism and such, though. So even if you make that edit, it might still not work.

I can't find these flags anywhere. Also, setrace bdbatracevampire works, but nothing changes - no visuals, no abilities, nothing. I'm very sorry - I really am trying to fix this on my side, but it just doesn't want to let me. I would message BadDog directly, but I'm only allowed "0 messages a day" and I know he's working on another race, so I'd feel bad to bring such a thing to his attention.

4 hours ago, Rafalethedragon said:

I can't find these flags anywhere.

Use xEdit, find the data field in the vampire Bat race that starts with "FaceGen Head" (in the same block as the skill bonuses), the oveelay tag should be in there. Just remove it.

Also, setrace bdbatracevampire works, but nothing changes - no visuals, no abilities, nothing.

For abilities, compare the vampire bat race with a vanilla vampire race (select both in xEdit, Right Click -> Compare) and make sure they get the same spells and keywords as in vanilla.

I'm very sorry - I really am trying to fix this on my side, but it just doesn't want to let me. I would message BadDog directly, but I'm only allowed "0 messages a day" and I know he's working on another race, so I'd feel bad to bring such a thing to his attention.

BD may circle back to this at some point, but with him being busy with horses and a ton of other mods that he wanted to update, I don't know when that could happen.

I'm working on an edited version of the race that has the bats split from the birds and some improvements, including fully functional vampirism (except for the lack of vampire eyes as explained above). It's not ready yet and I have no idea when it will be, but it *should* be at least playable in the not-too-distant future so if you are not in a rush you could wait for that one instead.

Even then, I still think you should try fixing it on your end anyway, best way to learn how to mod is to tinker around and you don't lose anything for trying.

Actually, it already doesn't have the overlay head parts flag. When I opened this in xEdit I also found out that the keywords the creation kit added apparently aren't there, so I think I'll reinstall it, change the keywords in xEdit, and see what happens then. Probably the same, but its worth a shot. Thank you for all of your help, Blaze! I really look forward to your improvements to this race - you make really awesome mods.