Race Support Requests

On 7/29/2018 at 3:04 PM, [Void Watcher] Alastor said:

Sorry for disappearing out of thin air without any news from me, got a lot work projects I have and might continue on August that I have little time to do supports and finishing next updates of Sexbound animations. I will work on the supports if I have a free schedule that is.

That... "looks" like an under-aged avali, I kind of don't want to make that support because it might break the underage rules given by the admin of loverslab:

So I have no interest in the mod (or Avali in general), but this does make me curious on how the size difference would work out.  Would the modder change the sprites with their own custom animations to accommodate the size instead of using the usual animation base for races?

40 minutes ago, Freshstuff said:

So I have no interest in the mod (or Avali in general), but this does make me curious on how the size difference would work out.  Would the modder change the sprites with their own custom animations to accommodate the size instead of using the usual animation base for races?

That's what i did for penguins. It CAN be done normally, but its way harder, having to use body+both arm layers+ fixed head position... Which is why i chose to do it as a single custom piece of animation. Easier to control, but doesnt have the effects of emotes or talking animations.

For the SmolAvali though, dunno... they also have custom hairs and such, maybe they wouldn't work when applied to the single-piece animations...

On 7/29/2018 at 2:04 PM, [Void Watcher] Alastor said:

That... "looks" like an under-aged avali, I kind of don't want to make that support because it might break the underage rules given by the admin of loverslab:

It is supposed to be a patch to make the avali the same height they are in their lore, as it states on the mod page but alright.

7 hours ago, thedarkwanderer42 said:

It is supposed to be a patch to make the avali the same height they are in their lore, as it states on the mod page but alright.

So what you're telling me is that Avalis were never supposed to be actually raptor sized? That the avali i know are canon? I feel cheated...

On 8/3/2018 at 9:17 PM, red3dred said:

So what you're telling me is that Avalis were never supposed to be actually raptor sized? That the avali i know are canon? I feel cheated...

Well, they are supposed to be "raptor" sized, but closer to the irl microraptor rather then the hilarious unrealistic scaled beasts hollywood loves to go on about.

I mean, they have their own wiki and everything, look it up.

Also they started off as a spore mod, they're their own continuity, not something that originated with starbound itself.

Anyways, smolavali mod in general probably doesn't work well with starbound in general, simply due to sprite limitations and the detail that goes into the species.

I just love realism in my games mostly, I use realismbound and I'd suggest it if you like a bit more realism in starbound

On 8/2/2018 at 9:53 AM, red3dred said:

I'll take a look at the Gem files, and the mod. See if they have any inconsistencies.

Edit:
In the nude mod: image.png.99f86a0fc9ff19169ec8091bed321274.png

While in the API species support it says image.png.b63f5b1195f31855a407e814bca19acc.png

So, if the SB-API species support works, i assume there's the problem. Not gonna tell you to go through the trouble of unpacking and repacking, only to have Steam remove it later. Here; try this file.

undergems.pak

Yeah, not that I would mind going in and fixing it if I actually knew how to unpack the .pak files myself. Not like it seems to be updated often (if at all anymore).

But I tried the file and sure enough, issue fixed. Thank you very much for the help.

46 minutes ago, Rhys SilverWind said:

Yeah, not that I would mind going in and fixing it if I actually knew how to unpack the .pak files myself

they have a guide on it here

https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/how-to-successfully-pack-and-unpack-pak-files.66649/

very useful for fixing mods if its only packed in .pak files (which I believe is the only way steam does it)

• 2 weeks later...

If this thing becomes active again I'd like to suggest the Protogen race from steam:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1137652552

I really need this one, I found away to get this from another site(although its file is labeled "contents.pak" and must be put in mods as only the pak):

catalogue.smods.ru/archives/5221

as stupid as it seems the site filled with adds has a working download, to save you the time just take the one i downloaded

1137652552_Protogen_Mod.zip

7 hours ago, mennyt said:

If this thing becomes active again I'd like to suggest the Protogen race from steam:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1137652552

I really need this one, I found away to get this from another site(although its file is labeled "contents.pak" and must be put in mods as only the pak):

catalogue.smods.ru/archives/5221

as stupid as it seems the site filled with adds has a working download, to save you the time just take the one i downloaded

1137652552_Protogen_Mod.zip

Well, it is what it is, but we still follow rules on making race supports, I've check any permission status and still unknown whether it doesn't need permission from the author, or permission needed for using the mods assets, if it does you need to ask permission to the author itself if he/she agrees on being a sexbound compatible.

11 hours ago, [Void Watcher] Alastor said:

Well, it is what it is, but we still follow rules on making race supports, I've check any permission status and still unknown whether it doesn't need permission from the author, or permission needed for using the mods assets, if it does you need to ask permission to the author itself if he/she agrees on being a sexbound compatible.

That's gonna be a bit difficult to ask when the comment's section is closed off for some reason, I couldn't comment thee

5 hours ago, mennyt said:

That's gonna be a bit difficult to ask when the comment's section is closed off for some reason, I couldn't comment thee

Hmmm, How about adding him/her as a friend and have a conversation via steam chat, I know this rule is prolonging the race you wanted to have a support for sexbound but we still have to follow it, we don't need another trouble from another mod author.

On 8/16/2018 at 10:14 PM, mennyt said:

That's because you can't comment on a steam mod for starbound unless you both own the game, and have subscribed to the mod on steam.

Idk why its that way, but its one of the many complaints about steam's bs

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/2381701715711036208/

you'll have to try to contact the mod author directly...once again, via steam only it seems.

5 hours ago, thedarkwanderer42 said:

That's because you can't comment on a steam mod for starbound unless you both own the game, and have subscribed to the mod on steam.

Idk why its that way, but its one of the many complaints about steam's bs

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/2381701715711036208/

you'll have to try to contact the mod author directly...once again, via steam only it seems.

yeah about contacting the author, they most likely will continue to ignore me, I tried to send a friend request after making a discussion post asking about their rules/permissions for the mod, they haven't responded to either so I pretty much just gave up on this one. The author either doesn't acknowledge my presence or just doesn't care about the mod at this point meaning I'd never get permission.

16 hours ago, mennyt said:

yeah about contacting the author, they most likely will continue to ignore me, I tried to send a friend request after making a discussion post asking about their rules/permissions for the mod, they haven't responded to either so I pretty much just gave up on this one. The author either doesn't acknowledge my presence or just doesn't care about the mod at this point meaning I'd never get permission.

Well, you could always try to make the patch and necessary assets for it yourself, but it looks like there will be no actual "official" support for the race then unless someone can get into contact with the mod author and get permission.

Just download it, extract it from the zip, and drop it in the game's mods folder.

It should look something like mods> (Elunite mod folder) > (Mod files).

(Just a pointer, many users get this part wrong)

Also, you'll need the Elunite race mod itself, either via Steam Workshop or Direct Download off somewhere else.

If you don't know how to get to the game's mod folder, just right click it on steam and go to "Browse game's files". From there it should be easy.

On 7/23/2018 at 7:43 PM, klarthlester said:

I see that the cutebound support isn't very realistic at this point. I wish I knew how to do sprite and pixel art so i could help towards this.

Setting up a patreon or something like that wouldn't be a bad idea. See how many people are into the idea of seeing cutebound done?

That said, I do want to give huge thumbs up to the modders here. You guys are the real MVP.

On 7/24/2018 at 9:30 AM, Polygore said:

In theory, it wouldn't be too impractical, just tedious enough that none of the main mod makers have wanted to go into it.

It would probably be best to wait until the new Sexbound update comes along to start making a Cutebound patch, but luckily for a lot of races, it would just be switching out heads and maybe adding a couple extra deets to the torso here and there. (Then comes harpies, which though I love, are gonna be a pain-)

On 7/24/2018 at 1:06 PM, red3dred said:

Pretty sure Cutebound uses more colors than the vanilla species do, for shading and such, i haven't looked into specifics, but yes, cutebound's details can be somewhat copied without loosing much fidelity, but it would be a painstakingly slow process to make it look good. 

Overall, though, people know that remaking species with cutebound in mind is basically remaking assets for all species in the game. To put into perspective, i mentioned before that JUST the current 7 (8 with fenerox) is essentially 50 sprites per species. With the incoming update, that number will possibly triple or more. 

personally im really hoping this happens ... i prefer the cutebound variants of races but cant really use em with sexbound ... i found work arounds using "cute style eyes vanilla avians & novakids " but sexbound reverts the eyes to creepy souless dots for scenes ... it also reverts my chosen body mod "nudity enhanced" i kinda want a patch for that .. its a nexus mod (i did a manual DL) and the author still responds i think....

I'll be going offline for a week or so due to moving to another new house.

Donated Supports (Maximum Priority)

Kazdra = 100% Donated $5 by: Eryns Firefang.

New Supports (Secondary Priority)

Lombax = 67% - Pointed & Striped Done Permission Granted by Author - CaylePolin

Saiyan = 0% Requires author permission.

Ningen(Revival) = 100% Safe. Working by - ChesterPiece

Existing Support:

Argonian = 0%

Viera = 0%

Elunite = 0%

Everis = 0%

Familiar 0%

Draconis = 0%

Lucario = 0% - Sprite is Questionable to work with - Safe

Lopunny = 0% Safe

Neko = 0% Safe

Sergal = 0% Safe

Kemono = 55% Permission Granted IsabellesBells

Saturnite(Cutebound Variant) = 0% Requires author permission.

Lyceen = 0% Requires author permission.

Mauskin 100% Permission Granted - HoppingMad

Note: This is the next updates for the upcoming update of the Sexbound API, and will not be uploaded until the Sexbound API is updated to a new version with the new animations.

19 hours ago, [Void Watcher] Alastor said:

Existing Support:

Argonian = 0%

Viera = 0%

Elunite = 0%

Everis = 0%

Familiar 0%

Draconis = 0%

Lopunny = 0% Safe

Neko = 0% Safe

Sergal = 0% Safe

Note: This is the next updates for the upcoming update of the Sexbound API, and will not be uploaded until the Sexbound API is updated to a new version with the new animations.

Hope your move is a smooth one!

On 9/1/2018 at 2:21 AM, ryukamikage said:

personally im really hoping this happens ... i prefer the cutebound variants of races but cant really use em with sexbound ... i found work arounds using "cute style eyes vanilla avians & novakids " but sexbound reverts the eyes to creepy souless dots for scenes ... it also reverts my chosen body mod "nudity enhanced" i kinda want a patch for that .. its a nexus mod (i did a manual DL) and the author still responds i think....

same here. using the same body and many new outfits dont match aswell as outfits from new races and vice versa...

also all characters suddenly look bland once getting it on.

On 9/4/2018 at 2:31 AM, [Void Watcher] Alastor said:

Existing Support:

Argonian = 0%

Viera = 0%

Elunite = 0%

Everis = 0%

Familiar 0%

Draconis = 0%

Lopunny = 0% Safe

Neko = 0% Safe

Sergal = 0% Safe

could you add support for saiyans please ? ...  they kinda need nude textures too ... I have yet to see a body mod support them ... theres two mod makers on steam with saiyan race mods yet neither has gotten support ...