Race Support Requests

2 hours ago, ma965799 said:

For the Draconis(Half-Breed) is this enough permission or no? It says " Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent."

1646567520_Screenshot_2019-10-23Draconis-Theraceofhumanoiddragons.png.ced5f690f4f198f27a94ce59fd093360.png?

That's been disregarded since the type of mod we're making is an adult-mod and there are authors that might not like/will hate the idea of their creation getting supported to this mod without them knowing.

On 10/9/2019 at 3:01 PM, red3dred said:

Someone had made like 50% of a Lamia support, but it was shot down because nobody got permission. I'd say "Get permission first then we can talk about Lamia", but most people don't even wanna attempt that.

IDK much how commenting works here (I dont have intentions to spam neither) pretty much but just in case, or reminder, I successfully got the permission for lamia support, the (alt reskin + longer tail) one here  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1589404862

Just now that is allowed, wanna know if its possible, to make sure to keep my lamia character (waiting for that mod to come someday xD)

852845728_Sinttulo.png.118803540a39234dfece784c5a459ef0.png.7b51cc9ed80019306012830aa476c13b.png

On 5/4/2019 at 10:45 AM, CaylePolin said:

That's probably the strangest thing to retract permissions for honestly. You'd think if they were paranoid about Nintendo sending a C&D to halt their Lucario mod they'd create custom assets to replace the stolen ones (The Pecha and Chesto berry bushes from what I saw) instead.

Not complaining about the lack of support, it's just after the Overwatch mod using the pixel sprays as art assets getting it C&D'd off the Workshop you'd think people wouldn't steal assets from big companies. Avoid the problem by not making it a problem to start with and whatnot.

On 5/5/2019 at 11:49 PM, Ranot said:

I do agree, the whole thing's rather silly. Unfortunately, as bad or meaningless as an excuse may be, if an author says "no" for any reason, we have to honor it.

Realistically, yes...the author could just replace those assets with their own and that would solve that dilemma. I don't think that's the issue however, and the author was going to say "no" regardless. It could be that they didn't want to look like a bad guy, so the finger was pointed at Nintendo for being the reason that they couldn't give permission. They also may not have any idea for what they can and can't give permissions to, since the character isn't theirs, so that was the best answer they could give. I really don't know...but in either case, there's already been enough fuss for this whole thing, and it's best to just acknowledge that the Lucario Race mod author denied support request, and leave it at that.

That said, there really isn't anything stopping anyone from making their own Lucario mod, if it was so desired. As long as they create their own original sprites and do their own work for the mod, Nintendo's the only one that can tell you not to.

Just an update, the support is back in progress. Things have calmed down with Nintendo since they changed their content guidelines thanks to the Switch Online Service now allowing you to record video and post it to YouTube. I at the time had been walking on a very thin line as the lawyers from Pokemon were C&D fan content left and right (If you didn't know game mods, hacked games, game cheats, etc are illegal in Japan and Pokemon would do this just for their own values over there. Even if they didn't have a case, they would draw the case out until you go broke). The main problem with Lucario, is that it's not copyrighted, it's trademarked. The easiest way to explain it is as a brand of sorts. Making something that uses the image of a trademarked asset that would lead to confusion or make the product look bad is enough of an offense for Pokemon to send a C&D or sue you. Since they have lightened up on their rules, the support and my base Lucario mod should be safe to continue. Their only concern now is that I make absolutely no money from the mod or it's connections. Pokemon Legal Info

I'm personally working on the Lucario Sexbound support as of currently, which is a good thing as my sprites are more complex than any race due to the CC options (over 60mil outcomes). I am currently working on fusing the 3 tails into one sheet to get them to recolor correctly to my code. I'll be including a step by step visual guide on how to re-create the sprites if I am out of contact one day and Sexbound adds more sex positions in the files.

I've been talking to the people in the Sexbound community lately and have been encouraging myself to get this out as soon as possible.

I do have to admit that the scenario is silly back then but right when someone made the comment on my mod page, Starbound got an article linked to their steam page announcements about NSFW mods. Since I didn't even know a support was made, it made me flip a table in fear as I had just put Pokken Tournament lucario sounds in the mod (may be replaced later if I get my lucario sound impressions down). From then on, people kept trying to contact me about the Sexbound API in PG-13 areas, which didn't help as you aren't allowed to speak of NSFW stuff in those places. It wasn't until someone contacted me on a place that had a NSFW option that I could actually discuss and join the community. I've been working on the sprites since and not half-assing them but actually getting programs to check animations as the lucario have a lot of animated parts to consider. The Sexbound Sprites may actually come out better than the current Sprites in the base Lucario Race.

So the Lucario will be back to boning soon.

On 10/23/2019 at 6:14 PM, XSlimyZardX said:

IDK much how commenting works here (I dont have intentions to spam neither) pretty much but just in case, or reminder, I successfully got the permission for lamia support, the (alt reskin + longer tail) one here  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1589404862

Just now that is allowed, wanna know if its possible, to make sure to keep my lamia character (waiting for that mod to come someday xD)

image.png.ffa6d51362df3b79889f8fb1218a163b.png

Hmm, well, i guess that counts... though, is that the permission for the original race aswell, or only the reskin? Usually, people ask the main-races first, given the reskins are derivative, and still most definitely belong to the main author-- after all, without the main race there wouldn't be a reskin.

10 hours ago, red3dred said:

Hmm, well, i guess that counts... though, is that the permission for the original race aswell, or only the reskin? Usually, people ask the main-races first, given the reskins are derivative, and still most definitely belong to the main author-- after all, without the main race there wouldn't be a reskin.

oh... xD
I mean I asked both, but only the reskin one replied, I thought if only the reskin answered, the reskin version one would be available for sexbound support since is technically editing sprites, so..uhm sorry XD
I guess im gonna have to ask the original races author too again XD

5 hours ago, XSlimyZardX said:

oh... xD
I mean I asked both, but only the reskin one replied, I thought if only the reskin answered, the reskin version one would be available for sexbound support since is technically editing sprites, so..uhm sorry XD
I guess im gonna have to ask the original races author too again XD

If they don't respond (Which is often the case for older species), you may want to try other means (Like Chucklefish forums if available), adding them as a friend, or well... Just give it a while. If there was a attempt to contact, multiple times, and they never answered, at that point you're allowed to work on it, because abandon isn't fun, so at least there's that.

That said, how long ago was your first attempt at contacting them?

12 hours ago, red3dred said:

If they don't respond (Which is often the case for older species), you may want to try other means (Like Chucklefish forums if available), adding them as a friend, or well... Just give it a while. If there was a attempt to contact, multiple times, and they never answered, at that point you're allowed to work on it, because abandon isn't fun, so at least there's that.

That said, how long ago was your first attempt at contacting them?

October 19 for original lamia mod

but did the same about Omen races https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1613774054&searchtext=omen (longer time ago xD) in May 17 and as for second try in June 6 and never got answered or replied back xD

5 hours ago, XSlimyZardX said:

October 19 for original lamia mod

but did the same about Omen races (longer time ago xD) in May 17 and as for second try in June 6 and never got answered or replied back xD

Hmm, alright. Give it some more time for the Lamia person, if they still don't nudge, we have no reason to be against a Lamia support.

On another note, Omen seems like a "Throw-away race", the kind someone puts out, gives it maybe a week of work then abandons it, so yeah, given you've asked twice a very long time ago, it's valid.

2 hours ago, red3dred said:

Hmm, alright. Give it some more time for the Lamia person, if they still don't nudge, we have no reason to be against a Lamia support.

On another note, Omen seems like a "Throw-away race", the kind someone puts out, gives it maybe a week of work then abandons it, so yeah, given you've asked twice a very long time ago, it's valid.

Oh alright then, well, i can wait patiently for the lamias, at least we know the alt. Reskin version with longer tails is free to make support of and is also what I wanted to know since I dont like the "human-like" version xD

And well if Omen is possible, good to know that too ^^

Well, thank you very much for all the info, you gotta know how grateful I am to get replied and make it clear to me for my questions and doubts :)

Can't wait for these races have support sometime, i will let you know if there's new about these ^^

2 hours ago, HoloFaust said:

Hey everyone

I haven't read all of the posts, but from what i understand, lamias and arachnes are a no-no?
Isn't there any way to have compatibility for them? Even a broken one.

Also, i don't know if anyone mentioned them before, but would it be possible to have a compatibility for vespoid and wasp hive race?

As much possibility as having someone working on them, and with permission from original creators preferably. Arachnes i think had permission, but y'know, they're not easy to work with, spider-butts and all. Lamias are more viable but waiting on confirmation that either the creator doesn't care or any sort of response. The other two, i think one had permission and Alastor was working on it, but he's busy. Vespoid, no clue about.

2 hours ago, red3dred said:

As much possibility as having someone working on them, and with permission from original creators preferably. Arachnes i think had permission, but y'know, they're not easy to work with, spider-butts and all. Lamias are more viable but waiting on confirmation that either the creator doesn't care or any sort of response. The other two, i think one had permission and Alastor was working on it, but he's busy. VESPOID, no clue about.

Its not Vespoid, Its HiveWasp race that got the permission and its at 65% completion, I might get it on tomorrow since it will likely be my break day from the SWAT job I have.

5 hours ago, red3dred said:

As much possibility as having someone working on them, and with permission from original creators preferably. Arachnes i think had permission, but y'know, they're not easy to work with, spider-butts and all. Lamias are more viable but waiting on confirmation that either the creator doesn't care or any sort of response. The other two, i think one had permission and Alastor was working on it, but he's busy. Vespoid, no clue about.

Hm now that you mention it, until which date should we wait for confirmation if Lamia race author answers or not to know if he even cares? XD

I mean i asked since october 19, so i know you said we should wait for a certain time, I can wait a lot being patiently but just wanna know until when, so I can place a "reminder" about having no replies so I dont have to spam about that race topic here until that certain day xD

36 minutes ago, XSlimyZardX said:

Hm now that you mention it, until which date should we wait for confirmation if Lamia race author answers or not to know if he even cares? XD

I mean i asked since october 19, so i know you said we should wait for a certain time, I can wait a lot being patiently but just wanna know until when, so I can place a "reminder" about having no replies so I dont have to spam about that race topic here until that certain day xD

I waited nearly a month for the Kitsune race to be considered allowed, i'd say that is fair enough. I mean, if you directly PM someone and they don't answer something as simple as a "no" for over a month? I'd say that's pretty abandoned.

You've already waited 14 days, though, if i may ask, did you try approaching them on other platforms? It could save you time (The remaining 16 or so days) if you just were to ask them and get a answer.

8 hours ago, red3dred said:

I waited nearly a month for the Kitsune race to be considered allowed, i'd say that is fair enough. I mean, if you directly PM someone and they don't answer something as simple as a "no" for over a month? I'd say that's pretty abandoned.

You've already waited 14 days, though, if i may ask, did you try approaching them on other platforms? It could save you time (The remaining 16 or so days) if you just were to ask them and get a answer.

hm from, what I know, his mod is also on Chucklefish forums mods so okay, gonna ask, and if doesnt answer, I will wait the days needed ?

17 minutes ago, XSlimyZardX said:

hm from, what I know, his mod is also on Chucklefish forums mods so okay, gonna ask, and if doesnt answer, I will wait the days needed ?

Well, i've rewarded your patience of sticking around and being communicative with Omen Support for now-- lol

Well, you asked for it, they didn't respond for a very long time, and the last update for the race was forever ago, so they're pretty dead (pun intended).

As for Lamias, we'll see. They're a very requested race, and not too shabby compared to other more complex ones like Arachne or DEERFOLK... That said, it's for the best to at least wait a while and see if communications fail us. Nothing wrong with being fair to the mod creator.

8 hours ago, red3dred said:

Well, i've rewarded your patience of sticking around and being communicative with Omen Support for now-- lol

Well, you asked for it, they didn't respond for a very long time, and the last update for the race was forever ago, so they're pretty dead (pun intended).

As for Lamias, we'll see. They're a very requested race, and not too shabby compared to other more complex ones like Arachne or DEERFOLK... That said, it's for the best to at least wait a while and see if communications fail us. Nothing wrong with being fair to the mod creator.

Oh alright then, no problem then, as I said yesterday, I decided to comment/message the creator of Lamia race just to make sure through Chucklefish forums page xD

9 minutes ago, RagnaBlade said:

Wait, a problem with Deerfolk? or are you referring to Taurs?

Both Arachne and DEERFOLK ECH-- both have permissions, but as you know, they're not humanoids. Not the taurkin though, i'm talking about a species from before them.

image.png.b73411adbf1f176ee1c0559b5aba7f7b.png

These;

So, as you can see, they're rather peculiar in looks. The support was over half-way done when i've had several power-outages and spikes delete all my progress, and also generally was having a hard time animating them because of their hind-legs.

All that said, yeah, these are permitted, but good luck to any brave soul out there.

21 minutes ago, Natural Aura said:

I havn't requested, nor do I know for sure if anyone else on the forums requested themselfs, but I assume if we can get permissions for this reskin in the link below, it would be fine?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1584203791

1584203791_preview_deer 1.png

If so, I don't mind asking myself. ;)

Yeah, that'd be okay. The hind-legs are what made me blocked, and the fact progress was lost several times is what made me too frustrated to work on it again, but humanoids? That's chill.

On 11/7/2019 at 10:11 PM, red3dred said:

Both Arachne and DEERFOLK ECH-- both have permissions, but as you know, they're not humanoids.

Before I ask if we can have permission to use his mod in SxB, do we still have the evidence depicting proof that we were given premission to use the original Deerfolk mod in SxB?

I can't find the original post... ._.

1 hour ago, Natural Aura said:

Before I ask if we can have permission to use his mod in SxB, do we still have the evidence depicting proof that we were given premission to use the original Deerfolk mod in SxB?

I can't find the original post... ._.

Well, i've seen the evidence myself, sadly... it was in Tumblr. And it's been what, 6~8 months ago? If you're set on digging for it, the blog was;
https://killbent.tumblr.com

That said, their theme doesn't seem to have archive or search buttons soooooo... Good luck.

Anyhow, i'll try to take a look and find it, but i doubt i'll get it.

Edit: https://killbent.tumblr.com/post/178472732813/hey-there-im-a-huge-fan-of-your-starbound

Turns out i found it.