Race Support Requests

54 minutes ago, Taerith said:

So what about Tauren mod? I've seen it mentioned here once but now it faded into the ether I guess? It would be cool to have SxB support for them.

I haven't been into making SxB supports since my work(SWAT) has been in the way for months now and since new support that I am currently holding would be put to "on-hold" for now until I find a decent free time.
And the Tauren hasn't been made it yet for about months now and I can't remember if it already has author's permission or not.

On 9/30/2019 at 11:38 AM, [The Busy SWAT] Alastor said:

And the Tauren hasn't been made it yet for about months now and I can't remember if it already has author's permission or not.

You mean Taurikin? That's DrPvtSkittles, so yes.

In fact there's 4 different versions of it. Normal, Fur, Biped, and Fur-Biped.

38 minutes ago, rylasasin said:

You mean Taurikin? That's DrPvtSkittles, so yes.

In fact there's 4 different versions of it. Normal, Fur, Biped, and Fur-Biped.

Tauren, the bull humanoid race in warcraft is what he's referring to, not the taurikin

52 minutes ago, _Nova_ said:

So, is anyone working on the Hive Wasps now that we have permission? I'd do it myself but I can't mod to ANY standard.

Currently holding on it, just gotta find some free time to start/continue the support like Sunday maybe, unless there's an emergency call from us.

1 hour ago, kodamant said:

theres a discord?

Yep, access to it isn't distributed as its not open, and problems with underaged or disrespectful users have made the discord a bit of a more closed space. That said, modders who make content for the API is welcome there, should they want. But don't bother Alastor, mind you, they've been quite busy.

As for normal users joining, granted the person isn't under their legal age for the adult content, and have been around for a while, we can consider a invitation, or if people prefer, they just support Locuturus on Patreon. That gets them access and some bonuses like testing the early versions.

45 minutes ago, XSlimyZardX said:

still hoping someone will do lamia someday and specially with this reskin xD
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1589404862&searchtext=lamia
 or this xD https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1589404862&searchtext=lamia
despite I know would be very hard to do animations for bodies like that, just saying still hopping xD

Someone had made like 50% of a Lamia support, but it was shot down because nobody got permission. I'd say "Get permission first then we can talk about Lamia", but most people don't even wanna attempt that.

Hi there I was just wondering on something. Are you guy in the mittens of updating all of the SB race support? Me and my girlfriend love using this but we notes that SB updating is not working with the race support in the new versions. So I was wondering if there's a fix or something?

14 minutes ago, sirnight said:

Hi there I was just wondering on something. Are you guy in the mittens of updating all of the SB race support? Me and my girlfriend love using this but we notes that SB updating is not working with the race support in the new versions. So I was wondering if there's a fix or something?

Boi o boi, you're missing out on a lot of info... Alright, lemme try to get through it.

At first, there were the four elements there were lots of supports made quickly, because the mod was simpler, and they didn't have any permission to be.
As the mod developed and grew more prominent and famous, some measures were taken to help ensure the goodwill and respect to modders, the ones that make the races in the first place, so we needed to start asking permission. At this point, mod pages with blanket permission were acceptable.
After a incident with a modder backpedaling on their mod page's setting of "Feel free to use my mod's assets", the permission was something that needs to be asked directly.
To boot, Sexbound itself has several updates since, and the current artwork has been the same since ~2.6's version. So if any old support was made by a user who no longer is around, was made without permission, or just was never updated, they'll need permission to continue work on their species.

Most species though, have been updated since. It maybe hard to find them since different people may release the updated version under a similar or different name. You can always try looking through the sexboundapi.com website, or requesting someone or the same author to update their work with permissions on their threads.

Would it be possible for the sexbound site to have the race patches either trimmed of the pre-2.6 ones, or a separate category for them? Been trying to build up a fully compatible game best as able, and keep running into that roadblock. 

As an aside, while browsing around, I noticed that FU now has a built-in sexbound censorship for some of its races, which I find very odd. The artwork/actors folders are set up, with pure black squares for all 8 images within for the following: fukirhos, kirhos, radien, and thelusian.

I'm very confused why it's only these ones that are done, as there are more species that are created by the mod and that they have ownership of, and the fact that, unless the mod author is part of the dev team now, which they may be, the non-fu kirhos is NOT owned by them.

(Please note, this is NOT an endorsement to start making patches for the non-censored races. Just a noticed curiosity)

compatibility for the various anime eyes and make starbound cuter mods?

make the universe a cuter place i think is the most popular one right now, characters switching to dot eyes during animations is so ick, dot eyes in general are ick

also if possible compatibility with the redone avians in make the universe a cuter place? since they are much more than just a head redo like the other races in that mod

does this count as race support? they are all vanilla races...but they have been modified quite a bit from vanilla

2 hours ago, flareonflare said:

make the universe a cuter place i think is the most popular one right now, characters switching to dot eyes during animations is so ick, dot eyes in general are ick

also if possible compatibility with the redone avians in make the universe a cuter place? since they are much more than just a head redo like the other races in that mod

does this count as race support? they are all vanilla races...but they have been modified quite a bit from vanilla

You can replace the head and emote sprites inside the sexbound folder with any reskin mods if you rename them to match. The heads are mercifully not in any custom poses. It's reskinned bodies that are the hard part.

2 hours ago, flareonflare said:

As seen here, discussed, described and explained.

Requesting the Cutebound "harpy" design support is valid, but take into consideration whether the Cutebound creator will be okay with it... Considering they already take a fair amount of flak because people say "They're sexualizing pixels", so i find it hard to believe the creators are going to approve that this is fine.

Other than that, heads can be made compatible with that code trick and no patches (Or if anyone really wants, they can make a patch to the Config file that should persist among versions...) and if you REALLY need harpy avians, you can always do the support yourself and not publish it.

On 10/9/2019 at 3:01 PM, red3dred said:

Someone had made like 50% of a Lamia support, but it was shot down because nobody got permission. I'd say "Get permission first then we can talk about Lamia", but most people don't even wanna attempt that.

uhm in that case I will try to get permission then, wish me luck xD