Race Support Requests

13 hours ago, Firfot said:

Correct me if I am misremembering. But did they agree on not editing pokemon races for use in race support?

I don't remember anything like that being said here. Because it does not matter if it's original race or race from different franchise made into a mod. What's important is author's permission.

On 3/10/2020 at 4:19 AM, Taerith said:

I don't remember anything like that being said here. Because it does not matter if it's original race or race from different franchise made into a mod. What's important is author's permission.

Ah all right. I was curious if somebody has tried asking the owner of the Lycanroc mod race before I try. I do not want to seem overbearing, or annoying to them if they have already said no.

3 hours ago, Firfot said:

Ah all right. I was curious if somebody has tried asking the owner of the Lycanroc mod race before I try. I do not want to seem overbearing, or annoying to them if they have already said no.

For some reason, in Nov. 5, 2019, he did stated that he's uncomfortable with it after someone ask for it, so likely they will say no as an answer. Here's the source: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/1800401078/3428846977652038554/

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2020 at 7:33 PM, C0bra5 said:

Wow I forgot about this drama already, talk about kicking months(or a year now? I dunno) old corpse. Not sure it helps at all. But all I have to say about that situation is: a simple NO would have been enough. I get the distaste towards NSFW but deny the request and move on don't create drama by letting everyone know how much you hate them because of this. I'm 100% positive you won't even see this but I'm leaving this here just in case. I'm not going to argue who called who by what name but I know how this started and you even admited to pushing it on -> "All i did was leave a mark of disapproval upon an individual's profile who's behavior I found to be distressing and left the following comment on their public profile:-rep actual degenerate"  There was no need for that. It won't change their minds their ethics, beliefs and worldview. It'll just add fuel to fading fire.

On 4/26/2020 at 9:27 AM, Taerith said:

Wow I forgot about this drama already, talk about kicking months(or a year now? I dunno) old corpse. Not sure it helps at all. But all I have to say about that situation is: a simple NO would have been enough. I get the distaste towards NSFW but deny the request and move on don't create drama by letting everyone know how much you hate them because of this. I'm 100% positive you won't even see this but I'm leaving this here just in case. I'm not going to argue who called who by what name but I know how this started and you even admited to pushing it on -> "All i did was leave a mark of disapproval upon an individual's profile who's behavior I found to be distressing and left the following comment on their public profile:-rep actual degenerate"  There was no need for that. It won't change their minds their ethics, beliefs and worldview. It'll just add fuel to fading fire.

Please stop. Nobody replied so that it wouldn't start up again. Rule number 8 of Lover's Lab is an anti-drama rule (https://www.loverslab.com/guidelines/). That is why their post was deleted and they replace their post with a link. Please no further poking the embers.

On 4/21/2020 at 12:33 PM, C0bra5 said:

Really? You're posting this several months after everyone else here already got the message and everyone stopped giving a shit about said drama? Really
Like Taerith said, a simple "No" would have sufficed. You didn't need to type out a 2600+ word "explanation."

PS: Don't call people or things "degenerates", kids. It makes you look like an edgy /pol/ tryhard.

On 5/2/2020 at 10:42 PM, rylasasin said:

Really? You're posting this several months after everyone else here already got the message and everyone stopped giving a shit about said drama? Really
Like Taerith said, a simple "No" would have sufficed. You didn't need to type out a 2600+ word "explanation."

PS: Don't call people or things "degenerates", kids. It makes you look like an edgy /pol/ tryhard.

Dude I already said everything that had to be said leave this drama and let it finally die. I typed it only because of a very small chance that Cobra MIGHT see it and hopefully think about it and learn from that mistake so this does not repeat (Yes despite what Cobra did I'm offering an advice in the matter no one should be the target of internet drama even if it's their fault, this shit always goes too far eventually). And everyone else that is going to read this don't drag it further the case is closed.  You're all gonna make me look like the ass that revived a drama, I don't want that. So please don't. I know some of you might want attention and be a part of conversation but this isn't Twitter. Forget about Cobra and let this thread return to topics that are actually supposed to be posted here.

On 4/26/2020 at 9:27 AM, Taerith said:

I'm 100% positive you won't even see this but I'm leaving this here just in case.

Bold of you to assume I lost all hopes of having a civic discussion, I am a busy man, free time doesn't come by often.

On 5/2/2020 at 4:42 PM, rylasasin said:

While I see where you are coming from, you have to remember that some people use terms they understand https://www.dictionary.com/browse/degenerate.

And to the both of you:

• When it comes to the "A simple no would have sufficed":
    Considering the fact the they where the 531st to have asked for NSFW stuff, and the subsequent significant reduction in requests; I believe making a strong public statement stating exactly why those requests were being denied was very appropriate.

• When it comes to timeliness:
    It seems you have forgotten to do a minimal amount of research.
    • My post linking to the steam discussion was created shortly after a user that shall not be named raised the issue in a very impolite manner: https://imgur.com/a/GFFejbI .
    • It's been 4 months since the event occurred.

• When it comes to the fact that no one is caring about this issue:
    Considering what the previous point stated saying that no cares is inaccurate. And the fact that no one cares is not a reason that would prevent me from providing my full opinion to some which may have only seen one side of the story,

• The no drama rule:
    Now that i know that, it makes sense my original post here was removed. If you want to keep taking about the event, I'm not that hard to find elsewhere.

In order to keep this localised, i've decided to post my response here as it doesn't involve creating an other post, which would likely notify some poeple who don't want to have anything to do with this

Considering what was posted here:

I have a few questions and replies to this.

Firstly we aren't the only, the one and only, NSFW community. We aren't the first and most certainly not the last. I have my doubts you just went out to every single one, including reddits and tumblers and what-not and decided to repost your drama there. There is no way to make your message reach 100% of a audience that is not unified.

I am well aware of this. I know that it is impossible for me to reach all of those who either involved themselves or looked from a far.

I honestly thought that it would be the end of the situation calmed down on steam. I had admitted my mistakes and made amends by clarifying my the ways in which I was going to use the information I acquired. No one else was taking about it, to me it seemed like it was done. This was supposed to be a public statement on somebody's profile.

As I though this was the end of it, I didn't feel the need to go check if people were talking about it somewhere else.

Following the events that occurred between the 13th and the 15th of April 2020, I did my due diligence and extensively research public forums and social media for any mention of "the pony modpack", "C0bra5", "starbound", "blackmail", "starbound drama" and related terms. Lover's Lab was the only site that came up with a hit. It makes a lot of sense after all, it's the most prominent forum for the sexbound development community. If you know where I can reach more people to give my side of the story, please point me in the right direction, your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

threatening people with legitimate doxxing and black-mail so nonchalantly while claiming you are the one with common sense and patience

As stated before, I have admitted my mistakes and corrected myself. I have the full right to keep track of those I do not appreciate to have around me and the people I care about.

you seem to deem perfectly fine and righteous as you call out other users "Degenerates", "Zoophiles"

• A "Degenerate" is someone who has had a loss in physical, mental or moral aptitude.
  • A "Zoophile" is someone who has either indicated the intention or actually committed sexual acts on an animal (humans not included).

Considering the request that was made, I believe that both of these descriptors can be used to characterize someone who would make a request related to the creation of adult material of involving ponies, which are animals.

if i may add, thus drawing your line of "Lewding cartoon characters is worse than committing crimes".

I'm honestly unsure where you are drawing this conclusion as it does not reflect my opinion what so ever. A more accurate description would be: "Enabling, participating or allowing the creation of adult material which involve animals is immoral, a crime in many locations and harmful to the continuation of the human species." This does not mean that I am against anthropomorphised characters being put in mature situations. For the record, I am also categorically against adult material depicting minors and non-consensual acts.

I am sorry but you are but a puny broken feeble man on that matter, letting yourself be ripped apart and showing such frail mind to people just asking you for things

This has no place in a civic discussion. Those are insults and nothing else, but I'm going to respond to it non the less.

First thing first this is an attack not on my argument, but on my person. What you have done there is invoking an fallacy known as an Ad Hominem. Please refrain from committing this fallacy ever again.

If I was as puny and feeble as you say I wouldn't be here. I would likely be scared of this situation, attempting to hide myself from it. I am doing the opposite, going head first into places in which I know I will encounter friction. By commuting this fallacy you have shown yourself to be more of a coward than anything else.

By reacting in such an impolite manner you have shown to others that you are in fact the one who is weak minded. One does not call others names as part of a debate, one an other's point invalid by identifying the flaws withing said points.

you could've simple pinned a message, or added a pointer in the description.

I've already pinned the message but adding a line to the description doesn't sound like a bad idea. I'll do that once i'm done writing here.

The point of "A no would have sufficed" still stands

I never said it was an invalid point. All I said is that using something more meaningful than a simple "no" was much more effective and therefore appropriate. I am not saying threatening blackmail was a good idea. I've admitted that and corrected my statement months ago.

PS: I'll archive this entire message in the pinned thread on the steam discussions.

PSS: A word of advice on your writing:
You should use paragraphs or other kinds of delimiters to separate your major arguments. It makes it a lot easier to understand for those that have reading disorders as big blocks of text can be overwhelming for many dyslexic people.

9 hours ago, C0bra5 said:

Bold of you to assume I lost all hopes of having a civic discussion, I am a busy man, free time doesn't come by often.

Alright then, since you're not gone, i'll give you a little run down of why this shouldn't be here.

Firstly we aren't the only, the one and only, NSFW community. We aren't the first and most certainly not the last. I have my doubts you just went out to every single one, including reddits and tumblers and what-not and decided to repost your drama there. There is no way to make your message reach 100% of a audience that is not unified. Only one user came over here to chat about how the Pony Modpack was solicited, and was subsequently denied in such outright criminal and unnecessary manner, that you seem to deem perfectly fine and righteous as you call out other users "Degenerates", "Zoophiles" and threatening people with legitimate doxxing and black-mail so nonchalantly while claiming you are the one with common sense and patience, both which are crimes, if i may add, thus drawing your line of "Lewding cartoon characters is worse than committing crimes". I am sorry but you are but a puny broken feeble man on that matter, letting yourself be ripped apart and showing such frail mind to people just asking you for things you could've simple pinned a message, or added a pointer in the description. The point of "A no would have sufficed" still stands.

But since you folks revived this and will keep posting about this, since not all are up-to-date, and some often don't read back, i'll just put this note here: No more, any further posts will be deleted. Not from @C0bra5 or anyone else. This is not the point of this thread and has broken the drama rule several times now.

6 hours ago, bognog04 said:

but can we ask for a actual race? @red3dred

Sure, making racial support is what this discussion is for.  Though, I'd advice before requesting a certain race that you check whether or not the race has been requested before.

To do this, I'd suggest using the Loverslab search function.  Just head to the search box at the top right, in the "Search In" select "This Forum", then type the race you want and see what pops up.

If your race has already been spoken for, then leave it as.  If what you have in mind hasn't been spoken for AND the author hasn't denied it, then I'd recommend you request support in a PRIVATE message to the author of the race you'd like SxB support for and be straight forward and CLEAR about your request... Also, I can NOT emphasize enough to avoid posting request in any public location regarding private matters.  (This being one)

Well, at least this is all what I'd keep in mind, I'm not 100% certain if this is the standard. owo

21 minutes ago, bognog04 said:

I know, I once asked for arachne, I was just worried it was being shut down by a [REDACTED]

If i remember correctly, Arachne were asked? But now i can't find any proof of that. At any rate, the main problem really is, nobody has been capable or brave enough to even attempt to great lengths, to make a full support for all 6 positions. They're just too large and unwieldy to work with, for the kind of animations we have.

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

If i remember correctly, Arachne were asked? But now i can't find any proof of that.

I got ya pal.

On 2/20/2020 at 6:09 PM, grandmanstan said:

either Arachne or inklings ( we got snek waifus now lets go for spider ones)

On 2/14/2020 at 3:02 PM, Nobledreameater said:

Alright, I understand that there is a lot of drama going on with that now, But I will just list some races off the steam workshop that are either cute/hot. 
Saturian, Lamia, Orcana, Lyceen, Lucario, Taurkin, Arachne, Toon race mod, Merr-kin, Protogen, Losem, Changelings, and Avioscale.

Here's  yours. V

On 12/12/2019 at 10:15 PM, bognog04 said:

Could the Arachne mod get compatibility. And Elithian races compatibility

On 2/15/2020 at 4:11 AM, [TheBusySWAT] Alastor said:

Taurkin and Arachne, good luck on positioning their sprite because head global position will also affect other races as well.

On 11/22/2019 at 7:04 PM, Tungsten Seraph said:

Cannot wait for the long-tailed lamias, always figured they were in the "do not touch" bin right next to arachne.

On 12/12/2019 at 11:31 PM, Tungsten Seraph said:

Arachne seems like a no at this point, since they are hard to do. You'd need to do them yourself, although one user apparently did a few poses. It might be possible to fill the others with some kind of web-milking apparatus if you've got the skill.

On 11/2/2019 at 10:20 AM, C'tans and big magnets said:

Hey everyone

I haven't read all of the posts, but from what i understand, lamias and arachnes are a no-no?
Isn't there any way to have compatibility for them? Even a broken one.

On 11/2/2019 at 12:57 PM, red3dred said:

As much possibility as having someone working on them, and with permission from original creators preferably. Arachnes i think had permission, but y'know, they're not easy to work with, spider-butts and all. Lamias are more viable but waiting on confirmation that either the creator doesn't care or any sort of response. The other two, i think one had permission and Alastor was working on it, but he's busy.

On 11/7/2019 at 10:11 PM, red3dred said:

Both Arachne and DEERFOLK ECH-- both have permissions, but as you know, they're not humanoids. Not the taurkin though, i'm talking about a species from before them.

On 11/3/2019 at 12:00 AM, red3dred said:

As for Lamias, we'll see. They're a very requested race, and not too shabby compared to other more complex ones like Arachne or DEERFOLK... That said, it's for the best to at least wait a while and see if communications fail us. Nothing wrong with being fair to the mod creator.

On 10/7/2019 at 3:13 AM, lindazana said:

Any chance of the lamia, merkin, arachne. or avikan getting edits? (I am aware it's a large list, but, I figure different races appeal to different people)

On 6/9/2019 at 5:08 AM, Koshey_Z said:

Maybe you can make a support for arachne race? Yes, i know, it would be looking weird. But at least a partial support, than nothing :(

On 7/10/2019 at 2:51 PM, Fiend_Herd said:

So, i want to request an arachne racial support for sexbound but i'm not talented with modding myself, so besides asking the author of the race for permission, what do i do? Just ask someone and hope te person accepts the request?

And last but not least.

On 6/16/2019 at 7:34 PM, ValkyrieVerci said:

Lamia = Discontinued Reason: Lower Body to Animation Positions are impossible unless the middle body twist that its spine might break.

Arachne = Discontinued Reason: Body is too large and impossible to make animation without making it look weird to other humanoid races.

on this matter i think if there was a tweak created that could be hooked into the Sexbound API which allowed for custom positions and animations this would allow for Odd-body possibilities. the sexbound api is only for humanoid (original races) by default. so simply applying an add-on would then allow authors that wish to create custom Odd-body race support could just trigger the API to recognize that custom animations and positions are provided... this could even trigger mixed interactions between Humanoid and odd-Bodies simply because of the race trigger. wording it this way sounds simple at least... though is there really enough interest for it? my favorite race Is the Arachne with the Full  Spiders Reskin mod as they look both cute and believable... but being changed into a blue or purple human when i screw up in a dungeon thx to Defeat... sorta breaks my experience a bit.

other odd-bodies that would benefit from an odd-dody selector with the API would be:

Fantasy Centaur races (Deer, Horse)

Merfish races (Mermen/women, Squid/Octopus variants)

other arthropod races similar to Arachne

... monsters (Giant, Dragonkin, Lovecraftians)

There you go, like I said, the search function is handy.

Edit: More then willing to delete this comment if it's to long or simply too bothersome to read... but yeah, I recall the arachne popping up here and there.

Good Day Everyone, This is Alastor.

You're wondering why I have been on a hiatus and haven't been in much to the forums is due to the quarantine lockdowns, All Law-Enforcers such as us are needed on the front line in for checkpoint guards and patrols, as far as you know that it will end in 16th of May but due to us being outside, we'll be undergoing decontamination procedures for the frontliners, expect me to be back on 20th of May.

I'll try to follow up any request(with permission from the author) and I will find any available schedules to work on it. I also have to follow up updates for my Starbound Shark Race mod as well since that hasn't been updated since the past 2 month so schedules will be tight. Anyway have a good day Starbounders. ~[TheBusySWAT]Alastor

4 hours ago, TaelF said:

Any updates on the Elithian Races patches? i barely searched this topic but couldn't find the info if someone got the perms from the mod author

Simply put, author is not responding on purpose it seems. So that's a "no" and not a abandonment clause so far. If anyone manages to get a solid response, that'd concrete either a yes or no, then it'd be better, but as is, nobody has gotten a response.

1 hour ago, Ignore_Badgers said:

Would love Saturian support if the author allows it. If not it's still a super cute mod and love it. Romantic partner was a bit disappointed it didn't. But hey, can always make a character inspired by LAMP.

There already is one, for both normal and cute versions of them and Thaumoths.