Deviously Cursed Loot SE 9.0 (2021-03-09)

On 6/18/2021 at 2:55 AM, Mistress Jade said:

I have also come across this same forge wife with the face texture mismatch, but she is not the only one, the woman outside markarth near the stables also has this problem. So 1. are these women connected to this mod and 2. is there a fix for the mismatched color skin plus 3.Why are they there? when i talk to them i get no clue as to why they are where they are.

I ran into this a couple weeks ago upon starting a new playthru.  The facegen fix works as does the facegen fix mod linked earlier.

I still wanted to know what caused it in the first place because on my last playthru this didn't happen.  I wanted to know what I had installed that borked things, but I failed (gave up). 

Spent some time in xEdit trying to figure out which NPCs have the problem and what they might have in common.  Most of the NPCs DCL adds are fine, but some, usually Orcs (all of the xxx-Wife characters) and Redguards, have blackface.  (The first one I ran into was a Redguard, and I didn't really notice it immediately, thinking it was just a very dark skinned Redguard.  The orcs are more striking.  Anyway, all the ones I've seen with the problem are in or near Markarth and have an EditorID that begins with "dcur_ltr."  There was nothing overwriting anything directly.  I assume it's a skin or body mod I installed, but I didn't go so far as to uninstall all that because I had decided if I couldn't fix it I was just going to delete their records.  They aren't essential to anything and have no special AI packages.  I think they are all vendors, but they don't sell anything special.  The one I messed with the most (Kaleen, who shows up in the Temple of Dibella) has the same inventory as an innkeeper. 

Edited by RoyG1863
19 minutes ago, RoyG1863 said:

I still wanted to know what caused it in the first place because on my last playthru this didn't happen

Mod is write for LE version. Previous version was go through a facegen convert tools, because there no black faces.

But in DCL 9.0 added new NPC's and those for SE not have fixed facegen. Because black faces. Only new NPC's have it.

if you want to fix permanently without mods you need not load mod into xedit, but open DCL into CK.

Then enter in NPC section set filter to show up only DCL NPC and then select those and press ctrl+f4. It will rebuild all npc facegen files. Works until you don't delete a mod and install again.

After that exit from CK without saving DCL. No need save, with save you can damage DCL.

4 hours ago, Elsidia said:

But in DCL 9.0 added new NPC's and those for SE not have fixed facegen. Because black faces. Only new NPC's have it.

Okay!  Thank you.  That makes sense.  I can sleep now.  :)

I did go ahead and fix it more permanently in CK based on what you'd said earlier.  Just need to make myself remember I did that so I know what I'm doing next time I do a complete reinstall.

Recently started SE after years of playing LE. Almost everything is fine, except a weird bug with DCL characters.

Some of the female characters (so far I only noticed female NPCs having this issue, like this one in Riverwood as shown in the screenshot, and Leah in Bannered Mare) added by DCL show this strange texture on their body, and a purple (or sometimes green) square under their feet. I believe I've got every required mod installed. Anyone knows what causes this issue?

20210624013720_1.thumb.jpg.21e6c299c1f89d75c48ffde5f6208414.jpg

Edited by zaqwer
36 minutes ago, zaqwer said:

Anyone knows what causes this issue?

Probably DCL or DD is from LE and because some meshes don't work.

UPD - also you may have some tattoo mods or problems with facegen

Or it can be ENB? I not use it.

Edited by Elsidia
59 minutes ago, zaqwer said:

Some of the female characters (so far I only noticed female NPCs having this issue, like this one in Riverwood as shown in the screenshot, and Leah in Bannered Mare) added by DCL show this strange texture on their body, and a purple (or sometimes green) square under their feet. I believe I've got every required mod installed. Anyone knows what causes this issue?

All the purple parts in this image are pieces from Devious Devices.  Did you build all of them in BodySlide? 

2 minutes ago, RoyG1863 said:

All the purple parts in this image are pieces from Devious Devices.  Did you build all of them in BodySlide? 

Yes I've run bodyslide with all the devices. I'm using BHUNP conversion though.

41 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

Probably DCL or DD is from LE and because some meshes don't work.

UPD - also you may have some tattoo mods or problems with facegen

Or it can be ENB? I not use it.

Double checked and I can confirm my DD and DCL install are both SE version.

The only tattoo mod I'm using is SlaveTats, and I didn't use it to change NPCs. Also tried a black face fix mod from Nexus, didn't help.

And the issue persists after disabling ENB. 

21 minutes ago, zaqwer said:

Double checked and I can confirm my DD and DCL install are both SE version.

The only tattoo mod I'm using is SlaveTats, and I didn't use it to change NPCs. Also tried a black face fix mod from Nexus, didn't help.

And the issue persists after disabling ENB. 

Thats a SMP issue.

Try this.

Open console

Click on the glitching NPC

enter these command

removeallitems

see if the glitch fixes.

if it fixes, the problem is with the bodyslide files

Edited by Tron91
14 minutes ago, Tron91 said:

Thats a SMP issue.

Try this.

Open console

Click on the glitching NPC

enter these command

removeallitems

see if the glitch fixes.

if it fixes, the problem is with the bodyslide files

Ah-ha. You are right. The glitch is gone once I removed all items from the NPC.

Guess it's caused by the DD BHUNP conversion then. Thanks for the help!

I'm running DCL along CFTO and I would like to know is there a patch available somewhere that either removes or moves the DCL carriage in Dawnstar? Both clip into one another and cause various issues with CFTO NPC wandering around and being sometimes difficult to find because he can't sit in his carriage.

Thank you.

7 hours ago, belegost said:

I'm running DCL along CFTO and I would like to know is there a patch available somewhere that either removes or moves the DCL carriage in Dawnstar? Both clip into one another and cause various issues with CFTO NPC wandering around and being sometimes difficult to find because he can't sit in his carriage.

Thank you.

No there's no official patch. Something like this you'll almost always need to patch yourself. You can try the patch below, I've flagged it as ESL. This is a quick patch, I don't use CFTO, but it seems to be simple enough. I haven't messed with nav meshes, so there could still be issues with the CFTO driver sandboxing in that area. Let me know how it works.

Deviously Cursed Loot 9.0 - CFTO patch.esp

@Kimy, can the carriage driver in Dawnstar be moved?

I loaded up the mods to hopefully show you the area with the two most popular town mods (they conflict, most people will have only one) and CFTO.

The screenshot is with CFTO, JK's All in One (town mod) and ETAC SE (town mod). ETAC SE does differ from ETAC LE, but maybe not in that exact area.

The DCL carriage does definitely conflict with ETAC SE as well as CFTO - the carriage sticks out of a wall, but I could still activate it.

Hopefully this is a wide enough top view to get you a good idea of what's going on in the area with those mods.

Spoiler

Yellow box is CFTO carriage, green is where I moved DCL's carriage and horse from/to as a test. They were mostly on top of each other. Looks like maybe a few other places may  work too.

image.png.d78b3047d4ae843fc515f0866760d574.png

Edited by zarantha
44 minutes ago, zarantha said:

No there's no official patch. Something like this you'll almost always need to patch yourself. You can try the patch below, I've flagged it as ESL. This is a quick patch, I don't use CFTO, but it seems to be simple enough. I haven't messed with nav meshes, so there could still be issues with the CFTO driver sandboxing in that area. Let me know how it works.

Deviously Cursed Loot 9.0 - CFTO patch.esp 46.48 kB · 0 downloads

@Kimy, can the carriage driver in Dawnstar be moved?

I loaded up the mods to hopefully show you the area with the two most popular town mods (they conflict, most people will have only one) and CFTO.

The screenshot is with CFTO, JK's All in One (town mod) and ETAC SE (town mod). ETAC SE does differ from ETAC LE, but maybe not in that exact area.

The DCL carriage does definitely conflict with ETAC SE as well as CFTO - the carriage sticks out of a wall, but I could still activate it.

Hopefully this is a wide enough top view to get you a good idea of what's going on in the area with those mods.

Hide contents

Yellow box is CFTO carriage, green is where I moved DCL's carriage and horse from/to as a test. They were mostly on top of each other. Looks like maybe a few other places may  work too.

image.png.d78b3047d4ae843fc515f0866760d574.png

Thank you.

I have absolutely no idea how to create patches. This might as well be a black magic, I have about as much comprehension how that stuff works. Will let you know tomorrow if that works, it's middle of the night here right now.

It works, though the cart is slightly inside the rock now, but that's not really a problem.

I have to ask though, why is horse not attached to a cart? Is that deliberate?

20210625120239_1.jpg

On 6/24/2021 at 1:07 AM, RoyG1863 said:

I ran into this a couple weeks ago upon starting a new playthru.  The facegen fix works as does the facegen fix mod linked earlier.

I still wanted to know what caused it in the first place because on my last playthru this didn't happen.  I wanted to know what I had installed that borked things, but I failed (gave up). 

Spent some time in xEdit trying to figure out which NPCs have the problem and what they might have in common.  Most of the NPCs DCL adds are fine, but some, usually Orcs (all of the xxx-Wife characters) and Redguards, have blackface.  (The first one I ran into was a Redguard, and I didn't really notice it immediately, thinking it was just a very dark skinned Redguard.  The orcs are more striking.  Anyway, all the ones I've seen with the problem are in or near Markarth and have an EditorID that begins with "dcur_ltr."  There was nothing overwriting anything directly.  I assume it's a skin or body mod I installed, but I didn't go so far as to uninstall all that because I had decided if I couldn't fix it I was just going to delete their records.  They aren't essential to anything and have no special AI packages.  I think they are all vendors, but they don't sell anything special.  The one I messed with the most (Kaleen, who shows up in the Temple of Dibella) has the same inventory as an innkeeper. 

Thnx for responding! 

2 hours ago, belegost said:

It works, though the cart is slightly inside the rock now, but that's not really a problem.

I have to ask though, why is horse not attached to a cart? Is that deliberate?

Kinda hard to see in the CK - I usually don't use the render window, so I didn't see the rock. What I did was approximate a empty location and tell it to "fall" to the ground. So "ground" may actually be under the rock. If Kimy can fix it, I expect it will be positioned better in the next DCL release and make the patch obsolete.

The horse isn't connected to the carriage in DCL that I could see before the edit, and the CFTO carriage had what looked like a different kind of horse object in that position. So I assume the horse wasn't meant to be connected. The DCL horse is the one next to the carriage in behind the tree in the screenshot.

On 6/19/2021 at 12:41 AM, Elsidia said:

For DCL quests. Face discolor can be fixed by loading DCL into CK, found damaged character into actors menu and press ctrl+f4 on that actors. I'ts build Facegen for those.  No need save a DC, just exit from CK. Or there is mod what can be used for fix.

Probably this. Somewhere in this thread are link to this mod.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/42441?tab=files

Thank you!

1 hour ago, zarantha said:

Kinda hard to see in the CK - I usually don't use the render window, so I didn't see the rock. What I did was approximate a empty location and tell it to "fall" to the ground. So "ground" may actually be under the rock. If Kimy can fix it, I expect it will be positioned better in the next DCL release and make the patch obsolete.

The horse isn't connected to the carriage in DCL that I could see before the edit, and the CFTO carriage had what looked like a different kind of horse object in that position. So I assume the horse wasn't meant to be connected. The DCL horse is the one next to the carriage in behind the tree in the screenshot.

Oh, the CFTO horse is there, it's just behind the DCL cart, you can't really see it in this picture (unless you squint really hard). I was wondering about the DCL horse, I assume it's unattached for a reason (SLUTS I presume), was just asking for... research purposes.

Anyway, thank you again for the patch.

Edited by belegost

I got bored of Leon and his way of "fun", so I used the safe word Free me from the mod's MCM. It took ages to remove all the devices, but two pieces of piercing got stuck on my bimbo. I bought piercing removal tool from Laura, but there's no option to remove them whatsoever.

Is there an alternative way to get rid of them, let's say using a console command?

Edited by Incubusbul
14 minutes ago, Incubusbul said:

Is there any alternative way to get rid of them, let's say using a console command?

Spoiler

help "Leon's master key"

write down id

player.additem XX02f25a 1, where XX is your mod load order. You got full id from help

exit console. Take off pierciengs with tool

enter console

player.removeitem XX02f25a 1

exit from konsole

45 minutes ago, Elsidia said:
  Hide contents

help "Leon's master key"

write down id

player.additem XX02f25a 1, where XX is your mod load order. You got full id from help

exit console. Take off pierciengs with tool

enter console

player.removeitem XX02f25a 1

exit from konsole

Thank you big time! Most appreciated.
I'm saving this in my Troubleshooting folder for future reference.

Edited by Incubusbul

Does anybody know if the included KS Hair assets are necessary if you have the KS Hairs, they look the same to me but maybe there are some little mesh fixes / compatibility that I haven't noticed?

I like to keep my files clean and get rid of unnecessary duplicates / overrides :)

Also, are there BHUNP bodyslides available for SE anywhere? I've made a couple of fixes myself, but if someone has already done it, that'd save me a lot of time in Blender / OS!

51 minutes ago, AndysLab said:

Does anybody know if the included KS Hair assets are necessary if you have the KS Hairs, they look the same to me but maybe there are some little mesh fixes / compatibility that I haven't noticed?

I like to keep my files clean and get rid of unnecessary duplicates / overrides :)

Also, are there BHUNP bodyslides available for SE anywhere? I've made a couple of fixes myself, but if someone has already done it, that'd save me a lot of time in Blender / OS!

Pretty sure they were included just for compatibility for those not using KS hairs. I have KS overwriting DCL and haven't seen an issue with hair.

BHUNP was linked in the troubleshooting post:

BHUNP for DD and DCL: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/10729-bhunp-3bbb-bodyslide-collection/