Deviously Cursed Loot SE 9.0 (2021-03-09)

So for ppl wondering how to turn off jail dialogue, you can add a condition that applies a random percentage chance in xEdit to the arrest quest. Then set that percentage to something like 1%. No more annoying arrest dialogue from this mod, where you only get arrested.

I got annoyed by this long time ago, and tried that and it worked.

Now for my question, in v9.0 were a lot of options removed?

Like options for turning off bondage dialogue. Options for consequences when asking NPCs to help you out of your bondage.

I don't like getting sent randomly on a little bondage adventure, and older versions had options to disable this when asking for NPCs for help.

Ok, nvm my question. I found the answer in the other thread.

Edited by ssskn
6 hours ago, Gh0sTG0 said:

Mghm, there's some hands binding closer to bottom of list, did you struggle from it first? For me it helps, and after I was free from them struggling from body harness was not too hard.

I've loaded an earlier save and restarted that part of the quest several times, it doesn't appear to matter in what order I pick the options.

Examine, pick lock, struggle, cut open... all the options lead to nowhere.

I even tried spawning all the keys in the mod in the hope that one of them would work, but none did. 

Of course I already tried console commands, but DD is resistant against that.

Also tried asking for help from a blacksmith, no luck there either. 

I'm completely out of options here, absolutely nothing seems to be able to remove this damn thing. 

Honestly I always hated that DD has measures against console commands.

They are primarily debugging tools to help get past bugs just like this one.

Is there another way to get rid of this thing so I can continue the quest? 

Edited by Windu191
2 hours ago, ssskn said:

So for ppl wondering how to turn off jail dialogue, you can add a condition that applies a random percentage chance in xEdit to the arrest quest. Then set that percentage to something like 1%. No more annoying arrest dialogue from this mod, where you only get arrested.

I got annoyed by this long time ago, and tried that and it worked.

That "solution" works if you don't mind killing half a dozen crime related DCL features together with that dialogue. :S

The reason why I absolutely HATE people posting dirty hacks like this is that it will inevitably get applied by people mistakenly believing that it will be a clean change, when it's not. All sorts of stuff in DCL will break or at least no longer function correctly if you follow this "advice". And then obviously people will wonder why some features will no longer work and post bug reports here for me to figure out why a feature that's known to work perfectly well, suddenly doesn't.

To anyone intentionally breaking DCL features in this or similar ways: Do not, and I repeat, do NOT post ANY bug reports about DCL in this thread, EVER. If I find out that the reason for the problems is because you intentionally butchered features of the mod without really knowing what you're doing, my response will NOT be subtle.

Thanks for understanding.

9 minutes ago, Kimy said:

It doesn't.

Odd, I always assumed there was because none of the console commands work. player.removeitem does nothing, but I do hear the 'unequipping sound effect' whenever I try so I always assumed a script would just re-equip the item whenever you tried to remove it with commands. Removeallitems removes everything except the DD devices.

Is there another command I can use? I'm at my wit's end here. 

Edited by Windu191
2 minutes ago, Windu191 said:

Odd, I always assumed there was because none of the console commands work. player.removeitem does nothing, but I do hear the 'unequipping sound effect' whenever I try so I always assumed a script would just re-equip the item whenever you tried to remove it with commands. Removeallitems removes everything except the DD devices.

Is there another command I can use? I'm at my wit's end here. 

Well, that DD doesn't actively prevent console usage doesn't mean it's going to work. ;)

Your first idea was actually the correct one: Check for the required key, spawn that using the console, and unlock the item cleanly with it. If the item is totally broken, follow instructions in the readme. Mind you that many DCL items use specific keys, and some use keys that aren't available in the game. When really in doubt, I guess xEdit is a good tool to figure out which key is needed.

8 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

First set filter show up all equipped devices on you and post a screenshot because from your hot monologue i don't understand anything.

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean, what filter? 

Do you mean the "devices underneath" screen in the MCM menu?

Your first idea was actually the correct one: Check for the required key, spawn that using the console, and unlock the item cleanly with it. If the item is totally broken, follow instructions in the readme. Mind you that many DCL items use specific keys, and some use keys that aren't available in the game. When really in doubt, I guess xEdit is a good tool to figure out which key is needed.

Very well I'll try that :) 

Edited by Windu191
1 hour ago, Kimy said:

Well, that DD doesn't actively prevent console usage doesn't mean it's going to work. ;)

No luck there either I'm afraid, I used the Additemmenu mod to spawn every single key in DCL and DD (a few dozen in total). 

None worked, I still get "you cannot unlock the rope harnass with your wrists tied".

I also wasn't able to find anything to help me in the readme. 

Could you maybe tell me what the questid of "learning the ropes" is? Then I can use the setstage command to just skip this part of the quest altogether.

disregard that, it works now. Turns out I'm an idiot and I Completely overlooked the fact there was a second restraint that needed to be unlocked first. 

Thanks for the help and sorry for wasting your time. ?

Edited by Windu191
1 hour ago, Windu191 said:

Do you mean the "devices underneath" screen in the MCM menu?

I mean that filter from screenshot, then all equipped devices will show on upper menu and can be included in screenshot. Also in that way you can see device equipped what you misses and this device prevent unequip.

Spoiler

ScreenShot55.jpg.91fbf0c40e678dd28cd66ba6a01eb1a8.jpg

Edited by Elsidia
6 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

I mean that filter from screenshot, then all equipped devices will show on upper menu and can be included in screenshot. Also in that way you can see device equipped what you misses and this device prevent unequip.

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot55.jpg.91fbf0c40e678dd28cd66ba6a01eb1a8.jpg

It wasn't until using the filter that I noticed there was a second device that needed to be unlocked first. My inventory was quite full and it was listed all the way at the bottom, which is probably why I didn't notice it at first. I feel like such an idiot lol. 

Thanks for the help! :)

13 minutes ago, xianpiaolin said:

This patch does not work on DD5.1 and dcl9.0

in DD 5.1 and DCL 9.0 this patch is included into installation. If for you it's not work with patch and without patch then problem is another place. Probably Racemenu not installed or ddl not work. Also publish boots name what's not work to i can compare with patches and DD 5.1. And name must be in format what i can find in Skyrim SE. not maybe name is "boots".

Edited by Elsidia
1 hour ago, Elsidia said:

in DD 5.1 and DCL 9.0 this patch is included into installation. If for you it's not work with patch and without patch then problem is another place. Probably Racemenu not installed or ddl not work. Also publish boots name what's not work to i can compare with patches and DD 5.1. And name must be in format what i can find in Skyrim SE. not maybe name is "boots".

dcur_leon_boots[080766CC]、dcur_Prison_boots_Inventory[080F9BD3]、dcur_sf_Boots_Inventory[081177BF]、In Leon's mission, look for four DCL gear,The “dcur_leon_boots” Boots cannot be equipped

1 hour ago, Elsidia said:

My RACEMENU version is 4.16

Under the section, 'Public Indecency', is public nudity illegal when the box is checked or unchecked. I always thought if it was checked nudity was illegal, but nothing ever happened, but when i unchecked the box, citizens started to report nudity to the guards, which is not what i expected...

1 hour ago, xianpiaolin said:

dcur_sf_Boots_Inventory[081177BF]

uses dcur_nonremovablegenericitemScript.psc what not check even netimerse equip problem. There error is another place.

1 hour ago, xianpiaolin said:

dcur_leon_boots[080766CC]、dcur_Prison_boots_Inventory[080F9BD3]

Uses standard zadSlaveBootsScript.psc from DD 5.1 what is fixed by DD 5.1

You sure that is netimerse equip problem not other?

You must see menu with text and need press ok

This device Obsidian Slave boots requires NetImmerse Override, which you do not have installed.

<<<Button Ok>>>

If you don't see this menu - then problem is another. Maybe you have equipped other boots?

i add here those scripts for this boots, need put into Skyrim SE script folder.

Also if after you put it in boots works - then you have damaged DD 5.1 and DCL 9.0 installed version.

zadSlaveBootsScript.pex dcur_nonremovablegenericitemScript.pex

I'm doing "Rubber Arrears", but somehow the quest does not finish when I turn Sally in to the Dollmaker. I have her in chains and always sappered her when she refused to walk.  What do I have to do to trigger the end of this quest?

Running Deviously Cursed Loot SE 9.0.7

EDIT: Nevermind. Saving, Quitting and re-loading the save fixed it.

Edited by gerroth

hi, i'm having issue with "Supply and Demand" quest. I get to the end, but once I return to dollmaker and talk to her - nothing happens. I'm not unlocked, quest doesn't finish, no recommendation letter or something like that is added. Is there a way to force-end the quest?

5 minutes ago, bbdbbzkur said:

Is there a way to force-end the quest?

Exit to skyrim, load skyrim again, load a autosave before end quest and try again. If not, something is wrong configured in mods list. Or missing necessary mods like papurys util mod

10 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

Exit to skyrim, load skyrim again, load a autosave before end quest and try again. If not, something is wrong configured in mods list. Or missing necessary mods like papurys util mod

mod description doesn't list papyrusutilmod under requirements... Adding it changed nothing. Reloading skyrim changed nothing. Checked the incompatibility list and it doesn't seem that any of the mods I have is on it either. Any way to run ending script from the console? I've tried enabling logging from debug menu of Cursed Loot to both console and screen but no messages popup. All the other quests to this point worked without issue. 

1 hour ago, bbdbbzkur said:

debug menu of Cursed Loot

In DCL 9.0 supply and demand quest is tied into Bound to Skyrim quest line and use diferent variables to end it, because there is no legal way to complete it by console.

As for me that quest ends normal. But i run  DCL with almost minimal requirements. No any other mods as only for DCL.

What DCL version you run?  Installed all Skyrim SE engine fixes? It's probably not guilty, but.... How it looks? If i remember correct, when you complete this quest there must be special dialogue line to end this. if this line not seen, then probably due to high modded skyrim need wait time into dialogue to update new dialogue /scroll dialogue up and down some time/. Also can help exit from dialogue and reenter again. If still not this line for quest end then probably some mod conflict with this and rewrite DCL dialogue line.

1 hour ago, bbdbbzkur said:

Reloading skyrim changed nothing

There is a little possibility if you enter in shop in night time, this dialogue not appear because shop is closed. Skyrim in night time removes some dialogue lines. If that so try to wait outside to day time and try again.