Deviously Cursed Loot SE 9.0 (2021-03-09)

Is the crime overhaul intended to be a permanent change to the base gameplay? I just started replaying Skyrim after a long time, and I haven't played with Cursed Loot since 6.3, so the crime overhaul is all new to me. When I played 6.3, I was under the impression that DCL didn't replace base mechanics of the game. I thought that DCL only added stuff on top of the base game, and even if DCL changes some gameplay mechanics, those changes can be customizable or optional.

I tried turning off DCL through MCM, but it looks like the guards still arrest you with the new dialogue.

13 hours ago, diirola said:

Is the crime overhaul intended to be a permanent change to the base gameplay? I just started replaying Skyrim after a long time, and I haven't played with Cursed Loot since 6.3, so the crime overhaul is all new to me. When I played 6.3, I was under the impression that DCL didn't replace base mechanics of the game. I thought that DCL only added stuff on top of the base game, and even if DCL changes some gameplay mechanics, those changes can be customizable or optional.

I tried turning off DCL through MCM, but it looks like the guards still arrest you with the new dialogue.

DCL already has a built-in option to use vanilla prisons instead.

14 hours ago, diirola said:

The dialog change was intentional and needed, but the prison is not a complete replacement. If you check use vanilla prisons, that's all you should see even with the dialog change. With it unchecked you should randomly get either a vanilla prison or dagonar. If you have pop, you will also get pop prisons, based on the slider.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/33986-deviously-cursed-loot-le-90-2021-03-09/?do=findComment&comment=3400373

14 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

I think it's being triggered correctly, with SendModEvent("dcur-triggerrubberdoll").  You might ask on the DCL support discussion about what is supposed to happen with that one.

9 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Just tested this - I get the same results when triggering the Rubber Doll quest.

So as Hexbolt8 said, this should be reported to Kimy, as a Slave Gag is definitely not the start of the Rubber Doll quest.

It seems like there's a bug in DCL that's causing SimpleSlavery to trigger another event instead of the actual Rubber Doll questline.  When SimpleSlavery triggers that event, you instead wake up in the woods with just a slave gag on - which is pretty easy to get out of, if you have the keys.

15 minutes ago, ChandraArgentis said:

It seems like there's a bug in DCL that's causing SimpleSlavery to trigger another event instead of the actual Rubber Doll questline.  When SimpleSlavery triggers that event, you instead wake up in the woods with just a slave gag on - which is pretty easy to get out of, if you have the keys.

Please report on the LE thread to be sure Kimy sees it.

Hello

I have a small problem with Cursed loot, once in game after several loading of save etc, I have no MCM for cursed loot in my list, the mod is well active in game because it loads when launching a new game but no MCM menu appears. I reinstalled several times the mod without success, I also used the refresh command of the MCM menu without success. I use MO2 and it does not indicate any conflict with this mod.  Is there any cursed loot conflict not indicated in the description ? like for example DD BHUNP or PAH, I don't know what to try anymore

6 minutes ago, Harllaown said:

Hello

I have a small problem with Cursed loot, once in game after several loading of save etc, I have no MCM for cursed loot in my list, the mod is well active in game because it loads when launching a new game but no MCM menu appears. I reinstalled several times the mod without success, I also used the refresh command of the MCM menu without success. I use MO2 and it does not indicate any conflict with this mod.  Is there any cursed loot conflict not indicated in the description ? like for example DD BHUNP or PAH, I don't know what to try anymore

Not a conflict, it's just taking a while to initialize.

Kimy DCL MCM initialization: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/33986-deviously-cursed-loot-v85-2020-03-24/?do=findComment&comment=3205086
 1. Start a new game.
2. Wait 30 secs, or not at all. It's really just telling Skyrim that you MEAN it. Or so.
3. Quit to menu.
4. Start another new game.
5. Enjoy.

In my playthroughs, even though I don't have it set to "progressive", all the cursed loot I pick up seems to follow that pattern anyways though.  I do have merciful dungeons turned on.  I tested it to see if it was false-flagging things as the opposite they should have been by turning 'on' progressive DCL, but the behavior seemed identical in the limited testing I performed.

I did not experience this issue when I played it in the LE variant (I stopped because of all the CTDs),

2 hours ago, ChandraArgentis said:

In my playthroughs, even though I don't have it set to "progressive", all the cursed loot I pick up seems to follow that pattern anyways though.  I do have merciful dungeons turned on.  I tested it to see if it was false-flagging things as the opposite they should have been by turning 'on' progressive DCL, but the behavior seemed identical in the limited testing I performed.

I did not experience this issue when I played it in the LE variant (I stopped because of all the CTDs),

Nothing in the SE version edits anything that would affect how devices are selected. The ESP and scripts aren't touched at all during conversion anymore, and all I have edited in the DD patch is adding in forearms and calves and fixed some textures. It might just be luck on the device selection, or a change between versions if your LE version was different from the SE version.

4 hours ago, zarantha said:

Nothing in the SE version edits anything that would affect how devices are selected. The ESP and scripts aren't touched at all during conversion anymore, and all I have edited in the DD patch is adding in forearms and calves and fixed some textures. It might just be luck on the device selection, or a change between versions if your LE version was different from the SE version.

This is an observation I've made from hours of play, not just a few.  Is it working for you?  Same version numbers from LE to SE.

38 minutes ago, ChandraArgentis said:

This is an observation I've made from hours of play, not just a few.  Is it working for you?  Same version numbers from LE to SE.

Never tested it. I prefer to have progressive so I do have that set and to not get the really heavy stuff unless forced to. But I know what I did when converting it, and nothing I did would change how items are selected. So it's either working in both LE and SE (either as expected and supposed to be progressive with your options or the Skyrim RNG is being particularly weird), or it's broke in both LE and SE. There's nothing in between.

It is not something that can be broken in conversion without explicitly trying to change it. Either by specifically editing the leveled lists (which I didn't do - all esp edits are in the patch esp and you can see what was changed there in xedit) or by editing the scripts (which I also didn't do - no need to script edit anymore since 5.0,  yay!). Skyrim RNG is not very random, so it's very possible that it's just the way the RNG is working.

You could attach a papyrus log after an event or two and maybe we can see how it's being selected, or try to get kimy involved.

Also, just a reminder, mercyful dungeons tries to leave the hands unbound and not apply the really punishing stuff, so make sure you're taking that into account. You might want to test with it off or not in a dungeon.

- Added: Mercyful Dungeons: This new MCM toggle can be used to make cursed traps more forgiving by not equipping wrist restraints on you while you're exploring a dangerous dungeon. The toggle will also prevent the more punishing special traps from triggering in dungeons.

On 7/1/2021 at 9:46 PM, zarantha said:

Not a conflict, it's just taking a while to initialize.

Kimy DCL MCM initialization: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/33986-deviously-cursed-loot-v85-2020-03-24/?do=findComment&comment=3205086
 1. Start a new game.
2. Wait 30 secs, or not at all. It's really just telling Skyrim that you MEAN it. Or so.
3. Quit to menu.
4. Start another new game.
5. Enjoy.

I tried the way you described but without success I reinstalled the mod 10 times and suddenly the MCM appeared for an unknown reason but it works.

thank you for your help

Edited by Harllaown

There is still no loot spawn or start cursed events when i set the event chance %100 and It shows "Cursed Loot Chance = 0" in the MCM. I also deleted the playable child race records belonging to rschildren mods. What could be the problem? Thank you for your help.

45 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

Some of DCL quest is active and block cursed loot

This is happening even at a new game start and mcm shows "Active Quest Running = FALSE". How can I find cause?

12 minutes ago, anil1905 said:

This is happening even at a new game start and mcm shows "Active Quest Running = FALSE". How can I find cause?

How you start a game? At first level some traps are disabled because you are too low level. Check at least on second level.

1 hour ago, Elsidia said:

How you start a game? At first level some traps are disabled because you are too low level. Check at least on second level.

I did as you say but no, there is no difference. I remove all children or kids mods but result is same. Also trying "Self Bondage" but only show debug massage for activating quest and not working. Probably a script as you first said is blocking Cursed Loot depending on my mods. But I give up, I won't deal with it :) Thank you for your help.

Edited by anil1905

Sorry if it was asked before, but the topic is already quite voluminous (I did try the search option on a few pages though).

What's the console command to get Smelly Salve in my inventory?
Also, has anyone got any idea why the tentacle parasite makes my PC's boobs silly huge?

Edited by Incubusbul
16 minutes ago, Incubusbul said:

Sorry if it was asked before, but the topic is already quite voluminous (I did try the search option on a few pages though).

Also, has anyone got any idea why the tentacle parasite makes my PC's boobs silly huge?

It's not recommended to add items through the console. Why aren't you just making it?

Otherwise, just use " help "smelly salve" " and player.additem.

For the breasts, the issue is likely because most SE bodies use morphs now, and DCL is trying to use breast bones / nioverride. It may work, but can have unexpected results.

I have no idea on what needs to be changed in the scripts to allow nio settings for LE and use morphs in SE. If DeepBlueFrog gets it worked out for his mods, I may appropriate some of that code and pass it to Kimy if I figure out what needs to change. But for Kimy to include it, it needs to work for LE first, SE compatibility can be added as long as it doesn't break LE functionality.

25 minutes ago, Incubusbul said:

help "smelly salve"

player.additem id 1

where id is got from help

Sill huge:

Wrong bodyslide build, if all morphs work, arousal increase a boobs size. If morphs not work, then tentacles body probably have LE version bodyslide and those morphs work and made boobs big, if you have 100 arousal. And you got it in few minutes (RL) of game because tentacles are very "arousal"

Thanks, guys. I'll try to cook the potion, but just in case. :)
And yes, it seems to be a problem with this mod, as the breasts got huge right after the parasite appeared (I did Batch Build in Bodyslide).
As for the arousal, I got some potion that drops it down immediately, but that didn't affect the breasts size. 

32 minutes ago, Incubusbul said:

Thanks, guys. I'll try to cook the potion, but just in case. :)
And yes, it seems to be a problem with this mod, as the breasts got huge right after the parasite appeared (I did Batch Build in Bodyslide).
As for the arousal, I got some potion that drops it down immediately, but that didn't affect the breasts size. 

Other factors that may come into play here are:

1. What exact SexLab Aroused mod are you using? The basic Sexlab Aroused v29 for SE, Baka's Sexlab Aroused v28, SLAX, or SLAM? All that's supported is the basic SLA, not baka's edition or SLAM or SLAX. They may work, but that could be affecting your inflation differently.

2. Are you using SLIF? If you are, did you get the SLIF patch from the troubleshooting post? (Do NOT use the one in the SLIF patches) Have you tried setting up SLIF as mentioned in the SLIF thread? There's a response in there somewhere with details on configuring, but this response is the general idea: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/53219-sexlab-inflation-framework/page/80/?tab=comments#comment-3167186

3. What other mods do you have that can cause inflation? Parasites? Pregnancy mods? Milk mods? It may be one of them kicking in or preventing the deflation and not actually DCL

Honestly, I had so much trouble with DCL an DD inflation a few years ago that I disabled them in favor of milk and pregnancy mods managed by SLIF. Since I'm using those, I expect that arousal based inflation would be a smaller percentage compared to those, so it was no real loss for me.

Edit: if you've got no other inflation mods, try adjusting the min/max values down. It may take a few tries to get it right, and you'll need to wait for the changes to apply. Not sure how often it polls, but i'd guess every in game hour.

Edited by zarantha

I'm not seeing this mentioned previously, but I'm having a compatibility issue between DCL and LAL in Skyrim SE.  When completing Chloe's Quest in Helgen Keep Caves, after finding the Torn Note and leaving the chamber with the giant spiders, I receive the message: "using console commands to bypass things will break your game STOP IT!"

After that I am teleported outside of Helgen Keep again.  Chloe runs up and joins me upon leaving Helgen, so I am able to continue the quest and it's not game-breaking, but still annoying.

I looked up the message online and it is definitely coming from the SE version LAL (LE version I never had this problem, and it seems like LAL lacked the ability to produce such a message in that version).  It appears to have been put in place by the mod author to prevent players from using console commands to bypass the rubble blocking off the lower portion of the Helgen Keep Caves and force them to use the lower entrance to access this area instead, triggering part of his version of the Skyrim Unbound questline.  DCL runs afoul of it by letting players select "squeeze through the tight passage" to bypass the rubble without a console command.

Unfortunately, the LAL author has made it clear on the Nexus forums (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/272?tab=posts) that he has nothing but contempt for anyone who complains about this feature of his mod, and has no intention of reading about or fixing compatibility issues caused by it.  Perhaps a future version of DCL for SE could work around this issue by removing the option to squeeze through the passage and having Chloe or a note on the last imperial body suggest using the lower entrance to the caves instead?  Or the torn note could be placed on the last body before the rubble?