About This File
Version 1.4 - 22 March 2020
Extended Marriage is a mod that lets you arrange same-sex marriages and take same-sex consorts in Crusader Kings 2. The aim is to provide options for homosexual characters that are as close as possible to the actual marriage and concubinage decisions in the game.
- Arrange same-sex marriages for yourself, your children, your grandchildren, or your courtiers. (Children and grandchildren of players are treated as though they had the "Restrict Marriage" checkbox ticked.)
- Take same-sex consorts or offer them to other characters.
- Automatic sorting by characters that have prestigious titles and are likely to agree to your marriage proposals.
- Full descriptions matching the vanilla decisions that shows the effects the marriage or concubinage will have on your Prestige, as well as whether any non-aggression pacts will be created.
- Choose which spouse's dynasty will be favored in a marriage with a futanari spouse. (Thanks to ThrowAwayToThrowAway for this feature.)
- A complex, logical AI acceptance system similar to the vanilla CK2 marriage and concubinage decisions.
- Homosexual AI characters will take same-sex consorts and arrange same-sex marriages that benefit them.
- Game rules to adjust the degree of religious restrictions on homosexual relations, and whether heterosexual characters will agree to same-sex pairings.
- Crusader Kings 2 version 3.3+
- Cheri Scripting Library
- Compatible with pretty much everything.
- May not work properly with modded religions or religion features affecting marriage. This is because it's impossible for scripts to detect whether a religion has Divine Blood or consorts for women. Extended Marriage is hardcoded to recognize a variety of LoversLab modded religions (Luxuria Fantasia, Beyond Heresy, etc.) but you'll likely have to modify it to recognize your own custom religion.
- Use 7zip to extract the archive into My Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/mod/
- There is an interface bug where the AI acceptance banner reading "Yes" or "No" is hidden. It's still there, and you can mouse over where it should be and see the tooltip -- the banner sprite just doesn't appear. As far as I can tell, this is a CK2 bug and there's nothing I can do about it.
- The description for the decision is very long and will sometimes be cut off near the end. However, it shouldn't obscure any important information.
- This mod has some issues with Muslims and polygamous religions due to their different marriage mechanics. Characters will be able to take one same-sex spouse, but women are hardcoded to have a maximum of one spouse, and men will have to fill their remaining wife slots with female characters.
- Interfaith marriage and concubinage proposals will sometimes be accepted when they shouldn't be, or not be accepted when they should be. This is because it's not possible for scripts to detect whether an interfaith marriage is permissible. The mod uses some common sense rules to determine whether an interfaith marriage is likely to be possible, but may sometimes get it wrong (e.g. it won't figure out that Nestorians can intermarry with Buddhists).
- Same-sex betrothals are not possible because the AI is hardcoded to break them immediately. Believe me, I tried.
If you come across any bugs or issues not mentioned here, please report them in the forum thread.
What's New in Version 1.4 (22 March 2020)
Version 1.4 (22 March 2020)
This update was basically entirely written by ThrowAwayToThrowAway, huge thanks to them!
You can now choose which spouse will be considered the senior partner in a same-sex marriage, analogous to patrilineal/matrilineal marriage.
Added better compatibility with Everyone is Female and Tentacled Dreams (characters won't refuse because they "need an heir," for example).
Various bugs and localization errors fixed.
Version 1.3 (14 March 2020)
- Fixed your children marrying people when Restricted Marriage is on.
Version 1.2 (29 February 2020)
- Fixed not being able to marry your courtiers.
Version 1.1.4 (16 February 2020)
- Some minor fixes for marriage score acceptance.
Version 1.1.3 (12 January 2020)
- Tribal characters and Lesbocracy gynarchs can now take same-sex consorts using Extended Marriage's decision even if their religion doesn't normally allow concubinage.
- Compatibility with Tentacled Dreams: tentacle monsters can no longer marry other male characters.
- Consorts can no longer be offered consorts.
Version 1.1.2 (6 January 2020)
- Added support for Luxuria Fantasia's Neo-Adamian heresy.
- Fixed some localization errors.
Version 1.1.1 (4 January 2020)
- Fixed heterosexual characters not being listed as eligible for same-sex marriages when the Heterosexual Resentment game rule is off.
Version 1.1 (3 January 2020)
- Added the Take Same-Sex Consort/Concubine decision.
- Added the Offer Same-Sex Consort/Concubine decision.
- Added the Heterosexual Resentment game rule.
- Fixed characters sometimes inaccurately being classified as Courtier-tier spouses despite having dead landed relatives.