Extended Marriage

Extended Marriage

Version 1.4 - 22 March 2020

by Cheri

Extended Marriage is a mod that lets you arrange same-sex marriages and take same-sex consorts in Crusader Kings 2. The aim is to provide options for homosexual characters that are as close as possible to the actual marriage and concubinage decisions in the game.

Features

• Arrange same-sex marriages for yourself, your children, your grandchildren, or your courtiers. (Children and grandchildren of players are treated as though they had the "Restrict Marriage" checkbox ticked.)
  • Take same-sex consorts or offer them to other characters.
  • Automatic sorting by characters that have prestigious titles and are likely to agree to your marriage proposals.
  • Full descriptions matching the vanilla decisions that shows the effects the marriage or concubinage will have on your Prestige, as well as whether any non-aggression pacts will be created.
  • Choose which spouse's dynasty will be favored in a marriage with a futanari spouse. (Thanks to ThrowAwayToThrowAway for this feature.)
  • A complex, logical AI acceptance system similar to the vanilla CK2 marriage and concubinage decisions.
  • Homosexual AI characters will take same-sex consorts and arrange same-sex marriages that benefit them.
  • Game rules to adjust the degree of religious restrictions on homosexual relations, and whether heterosexual characters will agree to same-sex pairings.

Requirements

Compatibility

• Compatible with pretty much everything.
  • May not work properly with modded religions or religion features affecting marriage. This is because it's impossible for scripts to detect whether a religion has Divine Blood or consorts for women. Extended Marriage is hardcoded to recognize a variety of LoversLab modded religions (Luxuria Fantasia, Beyond Heresy, etc.) but you'll likely have to modify it to recognize your own custom religion.

Installation

• Use 7zip to extract the archive into My Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/mod/

Known Issues

• There is an interface bug where the AI acceptance banner reading "Yes" or "No" is hidden. It's still there, and you can mouse over where it should be and see the tooltip -- the banner sprite just doesn't appear. As far as I can tell, this is a CK2 bug and there's nothing I can do about it.
  • The description for the decision is very long and will sometimes be cut off near the end. However, it shouldn't obscure any important information.
  • This mod has some issues with Muslims and polygamous religions due to their different marriage mechanics. Characters will be able to take one same-sex spouse, but women are hardcoded to have a maximum of one spouse, and men will have to fill their remaining wife slots with female characters.
  • Interfaith marriage and concubinage proposals will sometimes be accepted when they shouldn't be, or not be accepted when they should be. This is because it's not possible for scripts to detect whether an interfaith marriage is permissible. The mod uses some common sense rules to determine whether an interfaith marriage is likely to be possible, but may sometimes get it wrong (e.g. it won't figure out that Nestorians can intermarry with Buddhists).
  • Same-sex betrothals are not possible because the AI is hardcoded to break them immediately. Believe me, I tried.

If you come across any bugs or issues not mentioned here, please report them in the forum thread.

Version 1.1 (3 January 2020)

• Added the Take Same-Sex Consort/Concubine decision.
  • Added the Offer Same-Sex Consort/Concubine decision.
  • Added the Heterosexual Resentment game rule.
  • Fixed characters sometimes inaccurately being classified as Courtier-tier spouses despite having dead landed relatives.

Known Issues

• Interfaith marriage and concubinage proposals will sometimes be accepted when they shouldn't be, or not be accepted when they should be. This is because it's not possible for scripts to detect whether an interfaith marriage is permissible. The mod uses some common sense rules to determine whether an interfaith marriage is likely to be possible, but may sometimes get it wrong (e.g. it won't figure out that Nestorians can intermarry with Buddhists).
  • 2 weeks later...

Look in "Cheri - Extended Marriage/common/scripted_triggers/extmarriage_scripted_triggers.txt". There are some triggers defining the conditions that allow consorts to be taken under different circumstances. You can modify those triggers to change when the decision will appear. (But note that the maximum consort limit is hardcoded, so you can't use this to take concubines or consorts in a religion that normally doesn't allow them.)

• 2 months later...
On 1/16/2020 at 12:08 PM, clogfanatik said:

thx for your mod, i like it

i have see when you make "same-sex marriages " with two girls from your cout it can be that it goes 1 or 2 months they canceld the marriage, is it  a bug or have you done this in the mod?

greeetings

This is most likely a conflict with some other mod.

2 hours ago, Aled190 said:

So I don't suppose I can do same sex concubinage with family members no?

You can if you're Messalian or Zoroastrian, or if you reformed your pagan religion with divine marriage.

17 hours ago, Cheri Song said:

This is most likely a conflict with some other mod.

You can if you're Messalian or Zoroastrian, or if you reformed your pagan religion with divine marriage.

Right, using Luxuria Fantasia mod, chose demon, took the ability to reform my religion. I guess I'll have to make a new game to test it out to make sure. 

Okay found the problem, for some reason the Demon custom religion forbids woman to take concubines, and tribal culture also forbids woman taking concubines. I'm trying to look through the files now to see if can nip this problem on my end. But I would appreciate some pointers to know where to look. 

image.png.1feb845fd08137b08c7106400f59bf68.png

21 hours ago, Aled190 said:

Okay found the problem, for some reason the Demon custom religion forbids woman to take concubines, and tribal culture also forbids woman taking concubines. I'm trying to look through the files now to see if can nip this problem on my end. But I would appreciate some pointers to know where to look.

If your Red Rose religion is the LF custom religion, then it should allow you to take concubines if you set it up properly. Did you use the customize religion decision in the first year of the game to set it so it allowed women to take concubines? If you forgot to, you could save and try entering "event LFCustomReligion.6" to go directly to the concubinage settings, or "event LFCustomReligion.2" to revisit all of the customization settings. Or if you reform the custom religion with the equal or matriarchal doctrines (or the various mod added doctrines like lustful (christianity mod), lesbian (lesbocracy), or lilithian (LFBH)), the religion will allow women to take concubines.

Alright so I can take concubines but I can't take "Family" as concubines, which is weird as I have divine marriage on. 

EDIT: Tried using LFBH, I'm going to see if making full custom pagan religion will work. 

EDIT EDIT: Tried that, it crashed, going to work on something else in the meantime then get back at it. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2020 at 11:36 PM, Aled190 said:

Alright so I can take concubines but I can't take "Family" as concubines, which is weird as I have divine marriage on. 

EDIT: Tried using LFBH, I'm going to see if making full custom pagan religion will work. 

EDIT EDIT: Tried that, it crashed, going to work on something else in the meantime then get back at it. 

So she says it might not work right in the description:

May not work properly with modded religions or religion features affecting marriage. This is because it's impossible for scripts to detect whether a religion has Divine Blood or consorts for women. Extended Marriage is hardcoded to recognize a variety of LoversLab modded religions (Luxuria Fantasia, Beyond Heresy, etc.) but you'll likely have to modify it to recognize your own custom religion.

• 1 month later...

Love the mod, amazing mod, found it recently and fell in love with it along with a couple other of your mods. However it hasn't been working for me recently. The option for my character to take a same sex concubine or marriage partner is grayed out. No idea why as it was working fine before. I do have a whole load of mods that add religions and that could be the cause, but I tend to not choose those religions as I know that they don't work properly with the mod. Or does it break when I use a random world as it randomizes all the religions in the game

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, I have an odd problem which is no doubt my fault. At the end of random months, random characters who are in same-sex marriages will leave court and immediately return to court, no longer married or in any positions they may have been in before. They will do so for no reason. Nobody died. Nothing happened. In fact the only thing that happened on that date is the report that they left court and immediately returned to court. Only one party in the marriage will leave and come back.

• 1 month later...

So, I've been playin' around with some minor edits to various mods and I wanted to see if anyone could help me out with this one.

I'm trying to figure out what part of the coding for this mod is hardwiring the conditions for whether or not you can take a same-sex consort to include a limit of three consorts. But I'm not really especially good at coding, myself. I can cannibalize some bits here and there... but when it gets into shorthand, or scripts, or other things... my brain kind've starts to gloss over things.

Basically, I have a mod increases the number of consorts a character can have beyond just three. My current character is a Lolthian drow. I'd like for her to have a stable of harem girls to serve at her beck and call. Alas. I cannot seem to figure out which part of this mod is setting the limit on the decision so that I can potentially tweak it.

Any help would be appreciated.

On 11/5/2020 at 5:00 PM, Ten Said Yes said:

So, I've been playin' around with some minor edits to various mods and I wanted to see if anyone could help me out with this one.

I'm trying to figure out what part of the coding for this mod is hardwiring the conditions for whether or not you can take a same-sex consort to include a limit of three consorts. But I'm not really especially good at coding, myself. I can cannibalize some bits here and there... but when it gets into shorthand, or scripts, or other things... my brain kind've starts to gloss over things.

Basically, I have a mod increases the number of consorts a character can have beyond just three. My current character is a Lolthian drow. I'd like for her to have a stable of harem girls to serve at her beck and call. Alas. I cannot seem to figure out which part of this mod is setting the limit on the decision so that I can potentially tweak it.

Any help would be appreciated.

There isn't way for a mod to directly check how many consorts a character can take, so Extended Marriage just assumes 3 as a reasonable, common number. This is defined in  common/scripted_triggers/extmarriage_scripted_triggers.txt, where extmarriage_can_take_consorts_trigger checks

NOT = { num_of_consorts = 3 }

You would probably want to change this to

OR = {
	AND = {
		NOT = { num_of_consorts = <some number> }
		<some condition that limits this to your mod>
    }
}

You'd probably also need to add a check for your mod in the extmarriage_women_can_take_consorts_trigger in the same file if you're adding a new religion or whatever that lets you take consorts.

Aha!

You found it for me! That's what I was looking for! That's exactly what I needed to find. Somehow, despite thinking I'd looked at every file in the damn folder, I didn't ever look at that one! Whew.

Thank you. You've made my week.

Now my drow matriarch can finally have herself a harem of lovely concubines.

• 1 year later...
On 11/11/2020 at 6:19 PM, SuccinctScrivener said:

There isn't way for a mod to directly check how many consorts a character can take, so Extended Marriage just assumes 3 as a reasonable, common number. This is defined in  common/scripted_triggers/extmarriage_scripted_triggers.txt, where extmarriage_can_take_consorts_trigger checks

You would probably want to change this to

OR = {
	AND = {
		NOT = { num_of_consorts = <some number> }
		<some condition that limits this to your mod>
    }
}

You'd probably also need to add a check for your mod in the extmarriage_women_can_take_consorts_trigger in the same file if you're adding a new religion or whatever that lets you take consorts.

I want to use LF's society of seduction, how would I go about setting up a condition to make something like this work? I don't have any exp. coding, so I've been fumbling around in the dark trying to set it up.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, GegaHex said:

Hi, I was wondering if there was a file i could edit somewhere to allow for same-sex marriages between closely related people

I play the agot mod so i just think gay targaryens should be able to marry their siblings too

nevermind, i figured it out

I deleted all incest checks in extmarriage_decisions.txt and it works now

• 1 year later...