On 7/13/2018 at 12:38 AM, PubliusNV said:

I tried using the start that leads to the Simple Slavery mod (using the Simple Slavery Plus mod) and hit a problem where I was started in the Simple Slavery slave market, but was stalled because once my character was put up for auction no one would bid on her.  She was left hanging there for hours before I gave up.  I mentioned this in the Simple Slavery Plus thread but have received no response other than that one other person was having the same problem.   I suspect it's a SS problem rather than a CCAS problem, but I thought I should mention it here in case someone else has the same problem.

Could this be the issue?  

Notable note: You must activate SLUTS by speaking to an innkeeper before you go to auction or you will end up just standing on the podium.

2 hours ago, Celedhring said:

Could this be the issue?  

Notable note: You must activate SLUTS by speaking to an innkeeper before you go to auction or you will end up just standing on the podium.

No, I don't have SLUTS installed.  My PC should have been sent either to the Red Wave Brothel (Sexlab Stories) or the Pirate's Prize (Devious Cidhna).

4 hours ago, PubliusNV said:

No, I don't have SLUTS installed.  My PC should have been sent either to the Red Wave Brothel (Sexlab Stories) or the Pirate's Prize (Devious Cidhna).

I went back to read up on Simple Slavery Plus.  Did you start a new game or installed into a existing save game?

5 hours ago, PubliusNV said:

This may sound like a stupid question (blame the IT training) but do you have Sexlab Stories and Devious Cidhna installed? CCAS doesn't include them.

1 hour ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

This may sound like a stupid question (blame the IT training) but do you have Sexlab Stories and Devious Cidhna installed? CCAS doesn't include them.

Even if you have none of the mods SS feeds into you still get purchased for something like 20 gold and dumped outside whiterun so that wouldn't explain his problems either. 

2 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Yes, I do.  I specifically mentioned them because they are the only mods that I have installed that the CCAS Simple Slavery Plus start option would send my PC to.  I thought I should say what mods I did have installed so no one would think that I had no SS destination mods installed.  I don't have SD+ installed, which I think is what most people use with SS.

Just tried the trapped in Oblivion for mages.   Really liked some stuff about it but I had some serious problems with it.  

Just before getting to the gate keeper  my game menu was taken away when going through a orb and I wasn't able to get it back.   I tried console commands  tm, enableplayercontrols and something else but nothing work.  I ended up having to close the the game using task manager because I couldn't bring up the menu when hitting escape.  After that I reloaded the save just before the orb and used TCL to go around it and to the location it was suppose to warp me to.   I was able to continue normally from there.

When I escaped oblivion everything was removed from my inventory including all tool items to configure mods and do other things.   The reason for the removal is understandable within the story but I don't think items that are normally protected should be removed. 

There is minor design problem also.  Some of the location doors/orbs have the same name.  The problem with this is the area also looks the same being a maze.  So a couple of times I thought I got turned around.  Some people might like this though.  I didn't care for it.

You will have a problem with saving your game.  SSE has some kind of issue with spaces or maybe underscores in locations names.   When saving in  a place with a space in its name your save will break  permanently.  Your saves will no longer show up under your character.  You could just never save while in oblivion but the start is really long like it might take you a few hours .  

1 hour ago, Baron Of Hell said:

Just tried the trapped in Oblivion for mages.   Really liked some stuff about it but I had some serious problems with it.  

Just before getting to the gate keeper  my game menu was taken away when going through a orb and I wasn't able to get it back.   I tried console commands  tm, enableplayercontrols and something else but nothing work.  I ended up having to close the the game using task manager because I couldn't bring up the menu when hitting escape.  After that I reloaded the save just before the orb and used TCL to go around it and to the location it was suppose to warp me to.   I was able to continue normally from there.

When I escaped oblivion everything was removed from my inventory including all tool items to configure mods and do other things.   The reason for the removal is understandable within the story but I don't think items that are normally protected should be removed. 

There is minor design problem also.  Some of the location doors/orbs have the same name.  The problem with this is the area also looks the same being a maze.  So a couple of times I thought I got turned around.  Some people might like this though.  I didn't care for it.

You will have a problem with saving your game.  SSE has some kind of issue with spaces or maybe underscores in locations names.   When saving in  a place with a space in its name your save will break  permanently.  Your saves will no longer show up under your character.  You could just never save while in oblivion but the start is really long like it might take you a few hours .  

Uh-oh. The orbs all use a simple player moveto command, it shouldn't have anything to do with your menus. Which orb was it? I mean, I know you can't provide a map reference or anything, but, like, was it the one in the greenish area just before the rightside-up/upside-down dwemer halls, or the one just after the lake of fire that turns into a flame spider, etcetera?

Everything is actually supposed to be removed from your inventory when you finally get out. The Keeper is a real asshole. There's not much I can do specifically about configuration items, but that would be a problem... and it shouldn't be removing any kind of quest item at all.

I suggest reloading a previous save, noting which items you need, and then .additem them back in your main save.

Also, I'm making a note to fix that in the next version. It was supposed to prevent the player from starting the game with a large amount of relatively advanced items you wouldn't normally have, and it's good for that, but there are downsides.

I can either just remove the key and let the rest of the inventory go, or I can remove everything and place it in a container somewhere far away but safe, for later retrieval.

As for the doors and locations having the same name, that's deliberate. It is a maze, you're supposed to get lost. That's why there are no quest pointers. :)

The problem with SSE is a known one. I swapped out all the cell names for non-underscored ones in my current dev version, it'll be fixed next up.

I was not aware of the problem with spaces though. IIRC I don't have any cells with spaces in them, but I'll double-check.

40 minutes ago, Content Consumer said:

Uh-oh. The orbs all use a simple player moveto command, it shouldn't have anything to do with your menus. Which orb was it? I mean, I know you can't provide a map reference or anything, but, like, was it the one in the greenish area just before the rightside-up/upside-down dwemer halls, or the one just after the lake of fire that turns into a flame spider, etcetera?

Everything is actually supposed to be removed from your inventory when you finally get out. The Keeper is a real asshole. There's not much I can do specifically about configuration items, but that would be a problem... and it shouldn't be removing any kind of quest item at all.

I suggest reloading a previous save, noting which items you need, and then .additem them back in your main save.

Also, I'm making a note to fix that in the next version. It was supposed to prevent the player from starting the game with a large amount of relatively advanced items you wouldn't normally have, and it's good for that, but there are downsides.

I can either just remove the key and let the rest of the inventory go, or I can remove everything and place it in a container somewhere far away but safe, for later retrieval.

As for the doors and locations having the same name, that's deliberate. It is a maze, you're supposed to get lost. That's why there are no quest pointers. :)

The problem with SSE is a known one. I swapped out all the cell names for non-underscored ones in my current dev version, it'll be fixed next up.

I was not aware of the problem with spaces though. IIRC I don't have any cells with spaces in them, but I'll double-check.

So for the orb I had the problem with removing menus.   It is in a long hallway that has a enchanting table and alchemy table  at the start of it.  I believe these are the only crafting stations in oblivion.   As soon as I step up to the orb I'm taken to exact copy of the hallway I was just in except I am facing a giant stone dragon head.   And the very next cell has the gate keeper for the first time and some little electric stone guys.   So if you move  to the gate keeper and go to entrance you will be in the cell with the orb I had the problem with. 

On a different note I really like the how the giant weapons in one room kept changing. 

1 hour ago, Baron Of Hell said:

So for the orb I had the problem with removing menus.   It is in a long hallway that has a enchanting table and alchemy table  at the start of it.  I believe these are the only crafting stations in oblivion.   As soon as I step up to the orb I'm taken to exact copy of the hallway I was just in except I am facing a giant stone dragon head.   And the very next cell has the gate keeper for the first time and some little electric stone guys.   So if you move  to the gate keeper and go to entrance you will be in the cell with the orb I had the problem with. 

On a different note I really like the how the giant weapons in one room kept changing. 

That trigger is pretty much the same as the others, except the dragon head is supposed to emit a growl and snap sound as you arrive. If the other orbs work just fine, I'd guess it has something to do with the audio emitter or something. I'll take a look.

And you might actually be the first person to notice the changing giant weapons. ;)

The dragon didn't make any sound for me. 

On a different note the game will crash for me when picking the Anise witch enslavement option and clicking the bed.   Anyone else have this problem?  I'm going to try stripping my mods until it doesn't crash. I have been able to go to oblivion, falmer enslavement, and both vampire  starts without crashing. 

Quick question for CCAS users:

Is it better to have fewer plugins? I've been wanting to remove the Witch of the Wilds and the Reikling Shaman scenario from CCAS and make them into their own mods, similar to what Bandit Honeypot and Ponygirl Farm are going to end up being. But that's just more plugins.

I don't want to continue to add stuff into CCAS, particularly stuff that alters the vanilla game world very much, so that's why I've been pulling stuff out instead.

But would it be preferable to put it all in one plugin rather than spread across multiple plugins? Like, I could make a CCAS-Questmod, that includes Ponygirl Farm, Witch of the Wilds, Reikling Shaman, Bandit Honeypot, etcetera - all CCAS scenarios that are more than just simple game starts.

I took a scalpel to my mod list a couple of years ago, and I'm nowhere near the 255-mod limit, even without merging much at all, but I know some users are still up against that limit. Putting everything in two mods (CCAS and Questmod) instead of spread across multiple mods might help. But is that better than more customizability and ease of modding by keeping things separate?

6 hours ago, Content Consumer said:

Is it better to have fewer plugins? I've been wanting to remove the Witch of the Wilds and the Reikling Shaman scenario from CCAS and make them into their own mods, similar to what Bandit Honeypot and Ponygirl Farm are going to end up being. But that's just more plugins.

I don't want to continue to add stuff into CCAS, particularly stuff that alters the vanilla game world very much, so that's why I've been pulling stuff out instead.

But would it be preferable to put it all in one plugin rather than spread across multiple plugins? Like, I could make a CCAS-Questmod, that includes Ponygirl Farm, Witch of the Wilds, Reikling Shaman, Bandit Honeypot, etcetera - all CCAS scenarios that are more than just simple game starts.

I took a scalpel to my mod list a couple of years ago, and I'm nowhere near the 255-mod limit, even without merging much at all, but I know some users are still up against that limit. Putting everything in two mods (CCAS and Questmod) instead of spread across multiple mods might help. But is that better than more customizability and ease of modding by keeping things separate?

i welcome moving scenarios that edit the gameworld past what a regular alternate start scenario does into their own plugin.
it's a few more plugin slots in the worst case but it's more compatible too and there's usually no need to install more than one such additional plugin.

17 hours ago, Content Consumer said:

I have two rules of thoughts on this.  I like to have mods combine that are logical to combine and supports the rule of being as compatible as possible.   My second thought is I hate it when mods over step their core design.   For example morroloot adding weight to septims and worse yet only mentioning it after people complained about.   A loot mod has no business adding weight to coins. 

Now with these two rules of thought in mind I would say the mods seem to be of the type that compliment each other. So I would rather have them combined. 

On 7/21/2018 at 4:05 PM, Baron Of Hell said:

The dragon didn't make any sound for me. 

On a different note the game will crash for me when picking the Anise witch enslavement option and clicking the bed.   Anyone else have this problem?  I'm going to try stripping my mods until it doesn't crash. I have been able to go to oblivion, falmer enslavement, and both vampire  starts without crashing. 

Ok I figured out the problem.  Had to uninstall mods a few at a time to narrow down which one was giving me trouble.    The problem wasn't really with the mod.   I had edited the creatures in it so they wouldn't report crimes using TES5Edit.   This caused the mod to become a bit unstable similar to how to mods in form 43 can cause problems in SSE.  All I had to do is resave the mod in CK and  that fixed the problem.  Note this is one of those problems that will only happen one in a hundred times. 

On 7/22/2018 at 9:20 AM, Content Consumer said:

@CGi summarize it pretty well. Extra plugins for scenarios that alter the world isn't a bad idea. More over, all of those extended start scenarios could then be expanded so players can experience them later in the game. They would obviously be limited by the will of the player to actually roleplay those scenarios as if they weren't playing a God-tier character.

For instance, I can imagine that through a stroke of bad luck one player character could become a honeypot for bandits. The start in the middle of the game needs to be somewhat different, so that the player do the actual honeypot stuff (repeatable quest) before getting any hope of escape.

Beside all this, a start mod is just that, something that give an alternative start and then becomes useless once that part of the mod is finished.

Ultimately it depends on what kind of stuff you want to work on moving forward. More quests starts, expand the existing starting quests, more situational starts? What would be easier for you to do? Multiple esps, two esp or just one?

I think for now what I'll do is stick with multiple .esp files.

Actually, it's mostly because I can't get Merge Plugins to properly merge scripts. I keep thinking there's something wrong with my Champollion decompiler install.

all of those extended start scenarios could then be expanded so players can experience them later in the game

That's the plan. I'm including CCAS starts for them just like any other mod - optional if you have it. Which means you can use them without CCAS installed. Bandit Honeypot, for example, is supposed to end up having CCAS, vanilla, and Simple Slavery ways to enter the mod.

Ok I figured out the problem.  Had to uninstall mods a few at a time to narrow down which one was giving me trouble.    The problem wasn't really with the mod.   I had edited the creatures in it so they wouldn't report crimes using TES5Edit.   This caused the mod to become a bit unstable similar to how to mods in form 43 can cause problems in SSE.  All I had to do is resave the mod in CK and  that fixed the problem.  Note this is one of those problems that will only happen one in a hundred times. 

Glad you've got it working. I haven't really tried to get CCAS working with SSE for a while know.

Did you just eliminate the Soulgem Oven part when recompiling, or did you not bother to recompile the main script? Anything special you did to get it working?

On 7/22/2018 at 2:20 AM, Content Consumer said:

Offer it as part of the mod and as it's own plug in so there's flexibility? 

Another question - is it possible to let a existing character go back to the statute and choose another fate?  That might make the mod more replayable with the same character, because as it stands now, you choose once at the start with that character. 

4 minutes ago, Celedhring said:

Offer it as part of the mod and as it's own plug in so there's flexibility? 

Another question - is it possible to let a existing character go back to the statute and choose another fate?  That might make the mod more replayable with the same character, because as it stands now, you choose once at the start with that character. 

That would require duplicating a hell of a lot of work, actually. And one of my main reasons for splitting these out from CCAS is to reduce the impact CCAS has on the vanilla game - CCAS has to be loaded near the bottom, which means it'll conflict with a lot of things that alter the vanilla game. For example, if someone adds or removes objects from the area used by Bandit Honeypot, there will be mesh overlap. Or worse, if two mods alter the same navmesh - chaos, at best.

Right now BHP doesn't do much, but all those scenarios - Ponygirl Farm, Bandit Honeypot, Witch of the Wilds, Riekling Shaman - will end up being full quest mods, not just starting scenarios.

If your character hasn't yet slept in the LAL bed, it should be possible to pick a different fate. I think the new script would essentially just replace the old script.

After you sleep in the LAL bed the first time, though, I don't think so. For one thing, LAL removes the Mara statue from the game. Also, it does a lot of quest processing to bypass Helgen and set up for the various scenarios - trying to re-do that might cause serious issues.

Note that the Sexlab Stories (and Devious Stories) scenarios, as well as all the SD+ slavery scenarios, are not really unique - while some of them might not have a direct tie in to the game right now as non-CCAS scenarios, they can all be started by other mods that use the same modevents. Simple Slavery, for example.

Also, I do intend at some point in the (probably far) future to implement Simple Slavery integration into CCAS, so at least my vanilla scenarios (like the Aspiring Mage one, for example) can be triggered by SSLV. But all non-CCAS integration from Stories and such will probably be a while before it's done.

As for the other mods CCAS triggers, almost all of them have their own vanilla ways to start. I mean, for example all the Angrim's Apprentice CCAS start does is equip you with some mage robes and put you on the road near the starting area.

Which scenario(s) in particular did you have in mind?