1 hour ago, Xatos said:

I don't know if this was changed but did anyone ever figure out how to escape the magic maze? I tried it a few times before during the old versions but I never really understood how to even get out of it.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, yes I did get out of it.  It was a long slog that ended up dumping my PC in the Nightgate Inn. I think I was level 3 or 4 by the time I got out.

3 hours ago, Xatos said:

I don't know if this was changed but did anyone ever figure out how to escape the magic maze? I tried it a few times before during the old versions but I never really understood how to even get out of it.

long time wandering thru the areas, but i did eventually get out that start, Nightgate Inn at level 7 when i finally made it out.

On 4/8/2018 at 11:10 AM, nightwolf said:

You could force a pregnancy on the player after the daedra encounter, if it's possible to do with a scripted event. I thought that's where it was supposed to happen. Anyway, you should remove the soft dependency from the scenario list if it doesn't do anything.

That's what I originally tried though. IIRC it broke quest progress somehow... actually now that I think about it, I can't remember exactly what the problem was, but I remember it seemed like something bad enough to just scrap the idea. Of course, knowing me, that *could* mean that the fix looked like it would take longer than, like, ten minutes to do, so I got lazy and dumped it. ;)

On 4/8/2018 at 11:27 AM, tookachinchilla said:

That would explain why I can't talk to them :tongue: but why is the sex not triggering?

Could be because I'm using a unique actor there, but as far as I know that shouldn't be the issue. The creature, skeleton, etc. are all the same.

Have you tried using something like Matchmaker on that giant, other giants in the immediate area, other giants on the other side of the map?

On 4/8/2018 at 4:53 PM, karlpaws said:

I wonder if it isn't time to re-imagine the whole alternate start mindset.  The whole "stuck in a prison with a miracle escape" works in a way, but when we've started the game we're not former prisoners anymore, unless that's what we picked.

I tend to agree, but we're stuck with the "start in prison" because that's what LAL uses. The alternative would be to create an entirely new alternate start mod, which would probably end up being both more buggy and less feature-complete than the current one.

As for the divines and their friendly competition, that makes sense too.

Part of my problem is a sort of thing where I want everyone to have equal time, y'know? Like, if there are 50 starts, I don't want 30 of them to be Sanguine, 20 to be Dibella, and 10 to be split up among the rest with some left out. Simultaneously, I want them to make sense for the scenario. Like, Hircine for the Beastess scenarios.

There are also some edge cases. Mara for marriage, but what about forced marriage? Mara wouldn't be into that, would she? Is that Sanguine? Or is it more like a business arrangement where one person takes advantage of another, and thus Clavicus Vile?

These are questions that keep me up at night, weeping softly into my pillow. I can't do anything about the state of the world, so by god I'll get CCAS right. :smile::smile::smile:

On 4/15/2018 at 5:49 PM, Kuroyami said:

The way I've looked at is usually that the character's time in the cell is either something that technically never happened

That's how I see it. Something like a Dragon Break.

On 4/16/2018 at 5:32 PM, Drago6667 said:

So i dont know if it is something i did but the aspiring mage start seem bugged. After killing the lava spider and walking down the long hallway with the enchanting and potion tables, when i go near the orb that says smoke corradors (or something like that) it puts a very dark overlay on the screen with the loading screen smoke effects. This stops me from opening most of the menus and i cant load eather.  from what i can see (not much) it looks like it teleports me right as i think i found the keeper but cant talk to him.  Again not sure if i broke it or if it stalled somehow.

Edit: Hm It seems that saveing and reloading with the effects fixes it.  Ill let you know if it messes up farther down the line.

Edit#2: Again dont know is its my fault but now the dwermer sexbot start is CTDing when i sleep in the bed.

Logs have only 3 lines 

[04/17/2018 - 03:16:13AM] CCAS Quest: 170 extern Dwemer Sexbot
[04/17/2018 - 03:16:13AM] CCAS seed event - standard
[04/17/2018 - 03:16:13AM] CCAS Quest: 170 extern Dwemer Sexbot end

Strange about that overlay. I haven't had anyone else complain about that, but IIRC I've had it happen to me a few times in some other areas of the vanilla game. It might have to do with script lag or something, I dunno.

If you reach the point where you see a CCAS line that says "end" then CCAS is done with things. For that matter, technically even LAL is done with things. It might be a problem with Stories I suppose, but IIRC there haven't been many CTD issues with that scenario in Stories.

Don't just look at the CCAS lines - look at the whole log and see if there might be something elsewhere. But TBH that's not a guarantee you'll find anything...

The problem with papyrus logging is that Skyrim only logs while it's running. So if it crashes, by definition you won't see what caused the crash. It sometimes helps to look at the last few lines at the bottom of the log, but often it's just a crapshoot. Many modders will include debug lines in their mods so you can get a general idea of what's going on behind the scenes, and that helps narrow it down. But generally, a papyrus log isn't that helpful in tracking down a CTD. Very helpful in tracking down non-CTD errors, usually, but not crashes.

On 4/20/2018 at 1:14 AM, PolySoup said:

For some reason with v14 if I save and reload the game before choosing a start and using the bed, it breaks the CCAS quest alias'.

Mods:

Reveal hidden contents

Papyrus log extract:

Reveal hidden contents

If I start a new game and do not reload at all before using the bed it works fine.

Well damn. That's a first for me. I always save and reload - multiple times usually - before talking to the Mara statue. Heck, I encourage other people to do that very thing! And you're getting problems...

Those papyrus errors are common ones. Basically those errors are because Skyrim has had the equivalent of a brain fart, and forgotten to initialize something important. In this case, adding and equipping items for the starts. (the alternative explanation is that I forgot to fill the properties in that script, which means everyone would be having this problem, and they don't so it isn't ;) ).

I don't know exactly why some people get that problem, but I am currently working on a fix that *hopefully* will prevent that from happening again.

In the meantime, try starting a brand new game, see if that helps? If not, you could try uninstalling and re-installing CCAS, but no guarantees there.

With such a short modlist, I really expect nothing of the sort to happen at all... I'm starting to wonder if this whole mod is just a bit too heavy on the script properties side. If that's the case, then my attempt at fixing the issue probably won't work. :frown:

On 4/21/2018 at 5:33 PM, Xatos said:

Is...

On 4/21/2018 at 6:42 PM, PubliusNV said:

If it's the one I'm thinking of, yes I did get out of it.  It was a long slog that ended up dumping my PC in the Nightgate Inn. I think I was level 3 or 4 by the time I got out.

...it...

On 4/21/2018 at 9:19 PM, valcon767 said:

long time wandering thru the areas, but i did eventually get out that start, Nightgate Inn at level 7 when i finally made it out.

...just too long?

I could add in some quest pointers, but that would sort of defeat the purpose of having a maze. But I could cut some bits out. Which is a shame, because I've been wanting to add more bits in, actually.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to make the "correct" path more obvious, without using quest pointers? Something like, I dunno, a subtle hint as to what to do next without putting it in big neon letters?

Some areas could really use the help, I freely admit. The flamehound area, for example - there's really no hint saying that you have to go stand in the corner before the exit opens up. Or the part just immediately before that, where you have to activate the red and blue magic shrines so the teleport orb appears.

I need to replace those "stand here" triggers with a button or something, so it's more obvious.

Any other places that could use some TLC?

the maze is good as it is.  i do admit it took me a long time to get out, mostly because i was in a hurry for the most part, once i settled down and took my

time it was not bad at all (i was in too much of a hurry for the first 5 levels, then after settling down it only took 2 levels to finish).

the only part i could see changing overall is the "stand here before something appears" switching to maybe a button (no quest markers though).

this would help those with overloaded mod setups progress (and those in a flaming rush :classic_blush:).

15 hours ago, Content Consumer said:

I tend to agree, but we're stuck with the "start in prison" because that's what LAL uses. The alternative would be to create an entirely new alternate start mod, which would probably end up being both more buggy and less feature-complete than the current one.

As for the divines and their friendly competition, that makes sense too.

Part of my problem is a sort of thing where I want everyone to have equal time, y'know? Like, if there are 50 starts, I don't want 30 of them to be Sanguine, 20 to be Dibella, and 10 to be split up among the rest with some left out. Simultaneously, I want them to make sense for the scenario. Like, Hircine for the Beastess scenarios.

There are also some edge cases. Mara for marriage, but what about forced marriage? Mara wouldn't be into that, would she? Is that Sanguine? Or is it more like a business arrangement where one person takes advantage of another, and thus Clavicus Vile?

These are questions that keep me up at night, weeping softly into my pillow. I can't do anything about the state of the world, so by god I'll get CCAS right. :smile::smile::smile:

Well the one thing I had in mind was more what Kuro and you pointed out... that this is an interlude in a person's life and we're not just prisoners escaping.  This isn't a start like TES always uses ("no matter what you were before, now you're an escaped prisoner with a quest in your journal... but you can ignore it and the pending end of the world if you want") and starts could be written as "where are you from and where were you going" instead of "how are you escaping from whatever you're in" mode.

Marriage wise, I would discount Sam as he's more of a 5 way marriage for a permanent orgy, but Vile (if the unwilling bride made a bad bet, unless the groom get hosed in some way- bride ugly, bad in the sack or some other ball-and-chain thing) Molag Bal maybe (I beat you, now I own you?) and Stendarr might even be an option in the "you daedra summoning witch, your punishment is service to  your jarl and hold so that he might watch over you and prevent any further temptation from taking you. Punishment of further infractions is in his hands. "

On 4/15/2018 at 4:49 PM, Kuroyami said:

The way I've looked at is usually that the character's time in the cell is either something that technically never happened

15 hours ago, Content Consumer said:

That's how I see it. Something like a Dragon Break.

Please don't take my comments about the mage start as negative at all.  I wanted a start for a naive mage character, and this fit the bill very nicely.  Having done a few of your other starts I was surprised at how long and involved i was, but I do not view that as a negative, just as not expected.  I wouldn't change it at all.  With that said, I'm not likely to replay it, since there are so many other of your starts that I still haven't tried and would like to play.

Tried the Red Wave scenario and while the idea is good I don't see how it's possible to pay off the debt in an immersive way, when there are only 4 male NPCs on the boat, two of which are guards. No, I don't count the females as potential customers, and neither should you assume that people will. The debt is 950g and we get around 15g for each client, which is ridiculous. That means we'd have to bang those 4 same NPCs 63 times, and if we are at least somewhat realistic about the demand here, that would take like 2 months. The animations aren't even filtered for consensual animations. A potentially good start ruined by lack of afterthought, imo. :confused:

It would be better to add more male NPCs, decrease the debt and double the fee for each client. Then it would be playable. I could fix it myself if you tell me where the values for the debt and fee are stored.

PS I'm unsure which part of the scenario you are responsible for so I'll take it to the author of Stories if you have nothing to do with the quest.

20 hours ago, nightwolf said:

Tried the Red Wave scenario and while the idea is good I don't see how it's possible to pay off the debt in an immersive way, when there are only 4 male NPCs on the boat, two of which are guards. No, I don't count the females as potential customers, and neither should you assume that people will. The debt is 950g and we get around 15g for each client, which is ridiculous. That means we'd have to bang those 4 same NPCs 63 times, and if we are at least somewhat realistic about the demand here, that would take like 2 months. The animations aren't even filtered for consensual animations. A potentially good start ruined by lack of afterthought, imo. :confused:

It would be better to add more male NPCs, decrease the debt and double the fee for each client. Then it would be playable. I could fix it myself if you tell me where the values for the debt and fee are stored.

PS I'm unsure which part of the scenario you are responsible for so I'll take it to the author of Stories if you have nothing to do with the quest.

I started out with a simple answer to this question, then got myself bogged down in definitions. It ended up being like three pages long.
Screw it... back to simple. :smile:
All of the scenarios that require Sexlab Stories aren't really mine. In general, my responsibility there ends when you use the LAL bed.
Most scenarios in this mod are very simple - they just put you down somewhere in Skyrim with some basic inventory and a journal entry as a sort of backstory. Basically, same as with vanilla LAL. Most other scenarios that use optional mod content or other mods are harder to pin down.
For example, if you pick the Egg Factory scenario, and you have a problem with your starting location or inventory or dialogue or something, that's my fault. If you have a problem with the eggs or pregnancy, that's not me.
Or if you have problems with Angrim in the Angrim's Apprentice scenario, that's not me.

Some errors might be harder to figure out right away. For example, generally I'd say that if you have a problem with slavery scenarios it would be SD+ at fault, but since these masters are unique NPCs from my mod, it might be mine instead.
It's easier to pick out where errors are coming from with scenarios that use, for example, Slaverun or Prison Overhaul - you don't need CCAS to get that content.
At present, however, CCAS is the only mod that I know of that uses those Sexlab Stories events that Deepbluefrog came up with. So your confusion is understandable. :smile:

tl,dr:

In your particular case, Red Wave is a Stories scenario, and thus my responsibility ends when you sleep in the LAL bed. Suggestions should go in the Sexlab Stories support thread, or on github.

1 hour ago, Genesis5000 said:

So I have the Bandit honeypot add-on and I can't start it, or I just don't notice the option, and I need a bit of help.

Is Bandit Honeypot installed and activated in your mod list?
The option should be somewhere in the "miscellaneous" submenu.
And are you using either Better Dialogue Controls or EZ2C Dialgoue Menu?

EDIT: Double post, whoops. :smile:

13 hours ago, Content Consumer said:

Is Bandit Honeypot installed and activated in your mod list?
The option should be somewhere in the "miscellaneous" submenu.
And are you using either Better Dialogue Controls or EZ2C Dialgoue Menu?

EDIT: Double post, whoops. :smile:

I do have it installed and and activated, however I don't have a Misc sub menu showing up, and do I need to have either Better Dialogue Controls or EZ2C?

2 hours ago, snagglepup said:

Don't know if this has been brought up before or if it's just happening to me but when selecting the the seeker scenario the lurker is still my owner the only difference is a tentacle armor

Dammit. I thought I fixed that one. Sorry... I'll add it back in to my to-do list. :frown:

1 hour ago, Genesis5000 said:

I do have it installed and and activated, however I don't have a Misc sub menu showing up, and do I need to have either Better Dialogue Controls or EZ2C?

Skyrim has an engine bug with dialogue - when there are too many dialogue options, some get hidden. Both Better Dialogue Controls and EZ2C fix this engine bug (note that uskp/usleep does not fix it).

If you don't want to use either of those, many people report that using the arrow keys on the keyboard rather than your mouse can get you to the "hidden" options in the dialogue menu.

However, I do highly recommend using one of those two mods (or both together if you want), particularly EZ2C - it's super great. :smile:

Note that Better Dialogue Controls and Better Messagebox Controls are two different mods, the messagebox one does not fix that particular bug.

3 minutes ago, mabuse786 said:

Hi all,

I am having a problem with LAL, because it doesn't work anymore in my configuration - most likely because of ZaZ 8.0. The author has stopped development on 1st of January because SSE is so much better than oldrim. You can read this here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9557?tab=posts

Are there any alternatives to LAL?

There are a couple of alternatives to LAL (note that CCAS won't work with them).

I think the most popular one is Skyrim Unbound.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71465/?

4 hours ago, Content Consumer said:

Dammit. I thought I fixed that one. Sorry... I'll add it back in to my to-do list. :frown:

Skyrim has an engine bug with dialogue - when there are too many dialogue options, some get hidden. Both Better Dialogue Controls and EZ2C fix this engine bug (note that uskp/usleep does not fix it).

If you don't want to use either of those, many people report that using the arrow keys on the keyboard rather than your mouse can get you to the "hidden" options in the dialogue menu.

However, I do highly recommend using one of those two mods (or both together if you want), particularly EZ2C - it's super great. :smile:

Note that Better Dialogue Controls and Better Messagebox Controls are two different mods, the messagebox one does not fix that particular bug.

I took your advice and went with the EZ2C and I'm seeing all the options I missed before, Thanks.

22 hours ago, mabuse786 said:

That's a pity, I had CCAS in mind. But thank you very much for your answer.

It's strange, really - I can't figure out any reason why LAL and ZAP would be having any sort of conflict, regardless of which version you have.

26 minutes ago, snagglepup said:

seems to have worked fine since, but occasionally it puts the wrong owner

I'm wondering if there's something wrong with my race registration for SD+. I might be registering both lurkers and seekers as both *seekers and lurkers* somehow. Like, I duplicated the registration but put the other race in there the second time around... no idea.

As far as I can tell from the code, this shouldn't be happening. I'll double-check my property assignments again. It's entirely possible that I just had a brain fart when I was clicking on things and mixed up the words in my head. ;)

I use Zap 8 and CCAS and I haven't had a problem yet so far, though I haven't tried all of the CCAS options which I am getting ready to do now

Its been awhile since I asked this but will the forced marriage or Ponygirl that you was working on still be an option in the future

9 hours ago, Hiderius said:

Its been awhile since I asked this but will the forced marriage or Ponygirl that you was working on still be an option in the future

Yes, it will. I'm just dealing with some hefty RL issues at the moment, haven't had time to do any actual development. :frown:

20 hours ago, Hiderius said:

I use Zap 8 and CCAS and I haven't had a problem yet so far, though I haven't tried all of the CCAS options which I am getting ready to do now

Thank you for this information, then it must be something different interfering. Zap 8 was just a guess from my side - just for clarification. Because this was the biggest change in the last time and somehow it was at the same time, that LAL stopped working. I will further investigate and thank you again for your help!