The Simple Slavery start is a big dissapointment. Can only get 2 versions of dialgogue at the auction and only 3 different owners. A High Elf, a female soldier(despite setting owner's gender to male in SD+), or a male soldier that starts with you in a dungeon and immediately gets into a fight with mages. Not acceptable. It would have been better with more random outcomes, so that if you reload you get a different one every time. Simple Slavery have more options than this.

Simple slavery is a glue mod, we need actual content mods that Simple Slavery can link to. We don't actually have a lot, and what we actually have don't really play well together (too heavy script load, conflicting gameplay, etc). There is not a great lot to do other than get people to work on small and short ended quest mods. Things like being brought as a chew toy for dogs, get some loving in and eventually let go back into skyrim. Or be "saved" by a loan shark that requires you to pay back your debt, in a way or another.

Sorry I haven't been around lately everyone, been dealing with a family emergency.

On 3/16/2018 at 10:07 PM, karlpaws said:

and I'm probably being obtuse, but are the Polly entries the random prostitute scenarios? Are they and the Escaped slave patrons somewhat random or based on planned story based on the location?

The Polly scenarios have their own separate Surprise Me option, mostly because they're so repetitive, it felt like adding a dozen copies of the same scenario to the normal random one. IIRC the Red Wave scenario is selected by both surprise me options though.

Not sure what you mean by "patron" - your past master? Doesn't exist. That is, the escaped slave scenarios for the most part just plop you down in the world without any extra content. IIRC a couple of them mention existing NPCs - for example, the Solstheim one mentions Neloth if I'm not mistaken - but that's the extent of the relationship, just in the journal entry.

Future versions might include some extra content.

On 3/19/2018 at 10:31 PM, nightwolf said:

The Dwemer Sexbot scenario is very bugged for me. Without SD+, the Falmers go hostile and attack. With SD+, they are hostile to start with but when I'm enslaved they are peaceful again(except two females who are still hostile). In none of these cases do I start with sexbot gear and it doesn't say anything about an SD+ requirement in the scenario list. I've also disabled all mods that make changes to enemies, but it doesn't help.

Sounds like Stories might be messing up somehow. Try starting a brand new game again - when I have problems like that, starting anew (even without messing with disabling mods or load order) fixes the issue about 75% of the time. Skyrim's engine isn't exactly robust, and who knows why it chooses to break sometimes. ;)

5 hours ago, Content Consumer said:

Not sure what you mean by "patron" - your past master? Doesn't exist. That is, the escaped slave scenarios for the most part just plop you down in the world without any extra content. IIRC a couple of them mention existing NPCs - for example, the Solstheim one mentions Neloth if I'm not mistaken - but that's the extent of the relationship, just in the journal entry.

Took me a while to remember what *I* meant by that.  The journal entries you have list a patron god/daedra thing. I wondered if those were picked at random while you were writing it or with some plan in mind?

5 hours ago, karlpaws said:

Took me a while to remember what *I* meant by that.  The journal entries you have list a patron god/daedra thing. I wondered if those were picked at random while you were writing it or with some plan in mind?

Ah, who knows. Maybe? Probably? I'm going to say "yes" because that makes me seem like I plan things out in advance.

Ahem.

"Yes."

18 minutes ago, Content Consumer said:

Ah, who knows. Maybe? Probably? I'm going to say "yes" because that makes me seem like I plan things out in advance.

Ahem.

"Yes."

That makes me thing of one of Neloth's lines when he's giving you a quest that might, certainly won't, probably, likely won't kill you. Maybe.

Either way, random or planned I could go back and see if I can remember which of the ones I had questions about. I think I was going to suggest some Aedra until I realized  you'd picked only Daedra and then had fewer suggestions on which to change.

Its almost too bad there aren't a few more quests around some of the daedra, as we could start in one of the cities as if "plucked" by one of the princes and placed there to start their quest lines. Dagon drops you Dawnstar, Merida at her temple, Mephala in either Dragonsreach or the Bannered Mare, etc though the level requirements for some of those quests would need to be changed... unless there were other, unfortunately unmade, lead up quests as possibilities.

Just dropping a suggestion for the Forsworn Start. Instead of starting after the rapes have already taken place, you could include that in the scenario and have the player enslaved to a forsworn master, but with a twist. You start in a cage and have to gain their trust to roam around freely. Which means you don't try to resist their advances or try to escape in other ways for some time.

Spoiler

Polly Riften 2                Malacath
Polly Kynesgrove                Azura
Polly Windhelm 1                Azura
Polly Windhelm 2                Dagon
Polly Falkreath                Mephala
Polly Dragon Bridge                Azura
Polly Solitude                Mephala
Polly Morthal                Mephala
Polly Nightgate Inn                Boethiah
Polly Dawnstar                Dagon
Polly Markarth                Dagon
Polly Old Hroldan Inn                Mora
Polly Riften 1                Malacath
Polly Ivarstead                Mora
Polly Rorikstead                Dagon
Polly Riverwood                Malacath
Polly Whiterun 1                Azura
Polly Whiterun 2                Malacath
Polly Winterhold                Azura
Polly Raven Rock                Mora

This is the list of Polly's I was asking about. I was wondering if these were the random prostitute starts (and why you called them Polly?)

Separately I was wondering if you had a reason for assigning the particular daedra to that particular start, but you answered that part.

2 hours ago, nightwolf said:

Just dropping a suggestion for the Forsworn Start. Instead of starting after the rapes have already taken place, you could include that in the scenario and have the player enslaved to a forsworn master, but with a twist. You start in a cage and have to gain their trust to roam around freely. Which means you don't try to resist their advances or try to escape in other ways for some time.

You mean, the SD+ start? That is if the cage scenario works.

On 4/4/2018 at 1:55 PM, nightwolf said:

I intend to eventually redo that start entirely. It's even more bare-bones than most of them, and I was never really happy with how or where it's set up.

On 4/4/2018 at 3:22 PM, karlpaws said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This is the list of Polly's I was asking about. I was wondering if these were the random prostitute starts (and why you called them Polly?)

Separately I was wondering if you had a reason for assigning the particular daedra to that particular start, but you answered that part.

Yes, they're all random from the prostitute surprise me option.

Polly is just my shorthand for prostitute. "Polly Pros, Howdy Hooker, and the twins: Bim and Bo."

Ideally I wanted to get every daedra and divine in there, but some of them just plain don't fit. I might eventually manage it, but that'll require creating unique scenarios just to use those particular daedra. Also I'm up against a mesh shortage - some princes (and divines) don't appear to have decent statue meshes at all. I can fudge it by using some daedric artifacts in place of those meshes, but I'd prefer to use actual statues of them. For daedra, this can be done with some free meshes off of Nexus and the like, but there doesn't appear to be much in the way of divine statues. I guess I could use their shrine meshes, but I'm also up against a conceptual problem - why would the divines interfere in another divine's machinations? It makes sense for Dibella (in this game) to be involved in the prostitute scenarios, but would Dibella really try to wrestle with Mara? For that matter, what the hell scenario would Mara interfere with herself with?

These are world-shattering important questions that will define the fate of humanity, here.

On 4/4/2018 at 4:36 PM, Storms of Superior said:

Just a heads: Inte made the latest XPO Patch mod to include XPO itself, so XPO is no longer required for Inte's patch mod. I found that your "optional mods" list shows XPO itself still as a requirement for the XPO start.

I've tried to modify the OP several times now, and Loverslab doesn't seem to want to do it. This includes inline attachments. I have half a dozen changes I need to make to the download page, but every change I make is just reverted when I hit save. No idea why, or how to make it work. I'm guessing that for some reason permanent changes can only be made when uploading a new file, so it'll just have to wait until I upload the next version. :smile:

Well, I have an accident. A few days ago I tried to fix conflicts with TESedit. I was drinking. Therefore, I didn't even try to launch Oldrim after that; I figured that it would be easier to just finally switch to SSE. Turns out, my computer that I bought in January, handles SSE (base game) better than it handles Shitrim (also base game).

Now that I'm in the process of switching, I have to ask; is there any plan to port this to SSE, because I'm tempted to try, if not (as if I'm skilled with this stuff, but WTH, right?).

Is the Aspiring Mage scenario supposed to make you pregnant with Egg Factory installed? I don't see any signs of pregnancy on my character after completing it. Very well done start btw. A lot of suspense and interesting dungeon design.

4 hours ago, Storms of Superior said:

Well, I have an accident. A few days ago I tried to fix conflicts with TESedit. I was drinking. Therefore, I didn't even try to launch Oldrim after that; I figured that it would be easier to just finally switch to SSE. Turns out, my computer that I bought in January, handles SSE (base game) better than it handles Shitrim (also base game).

Now that I'm in the process of switching, I have to ask; is there any plan to port this to SSE, because I'm tempted to try, if not (as if I'm skilled with this stuff, but WTH, right?).

I do fully intend to port over, but there are a couple of problems.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/60586-content-consumers-alternate-starts/?page=75&tab=comments#comment-2164004

Rest assured, it'll happen, as soon as I figure out the issues, and have time to do so. Haven't had much time for anything lately.

1 hour ago, nightwolf said:

Is the Aspiring Mage scenario supposed to make you pregnant with Egg Factory installed? I don't see any signs of pregnancy on my character after completing it. Very well done start btw. A lot of suspense and interesting dungeon design.

Originally it was supposed to. IIRC there aren't any places where that can happen now though.

40 minutes ago, tookachinchilla said:

I'm having a problem where nothing is happening when I do the Giant Offering start. Pressing E to talk to the giants does nothing, and nothing happens no matter how much I run around near the giants. I have Allow Creature Animations selected in SexLab. I've attached my load order and a papyrus log.

Papyrus.0.log

LoadOrder.txt

I don't think there is any giant dialogue, actually. If so, I've completely forgotten about it. ;)

Odd thing I noticed in your papyrus log - CCAS and SSLV integration is happening twice, when it shouldn't be happening at all. It's eventually going to allow Simple Slavery and Defeat to link to CCAS scenarios so you can be sent there, but it should be disabled as it is currently nonfunctional. Whoops.

32 minutes ago, Content Consumer said:

I do fully intend to port over, but there are a couple of problems.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/60586-content-consumers-alternate-starts/?page=75&tab=comments#comment-2164004

Rest assured, it'll happen, as soon as I figure out the issues, and have time to do so. Haven't had much time for anything lately.

Originally it was supposed to. IIRC there aren't any places where that can happen now though.

I don't think there is any giant dialogue, actually. If so, I've completely forgotten about it. ;)

Odd thing I noticed in your papyrus log - CCAS and SSLV integration is happening twice, when it shouldn't be happening at all. It's eventually going to allow Simple Slavery and Defeat to link to CCAS scenarios so you can be sent there, but it should be disabled as it is currently nonfunctional. Whoops.

You could force a pregnancy on the player after the daedra encounter, if it's possible to do with a scripted event. I thought that's where it was supposed to happen. Anyway, you should remove the soft dependency from the scenario list if it doesn't do anything.

57 minutes ago, tookachinchilla said:

That would explain why I can't talk to them :tongue: but why is the sex not triggering?

Sometimes, with randomly spawned actors, I have to target them and hit the Aroused hotkey to see their arousal. The game doesn't seem to always find non-static NPCs and forcing them to register manually is needed.  Aroused Creatures might not think their arousal is high enough to qualify and that's why nothing happens.

Normally though giants do not have dialog as creature races so I wouldn't expect anything there.

12 hours ago, Content Consumer said:

Polly is just my shorthand for prostitute. "Polly Pros, Howdy Hooker, and the twins: Bim and Bo."

Ideally I wanted to get every daedra and divine in there, but some of them just plain don't fit. I might eventually manage it, but that'll require creating unique scenarios just to use those particular daedra.

but I'm also up against a conceptual problem - why would the divines interfere in another divine's machinations? It makes sense for Dibella (in this game) to be involved in the prostitute scenarios, but would Dibella really try to wrestle with Mara? For that matter, what the hell scenario would Mara interfere with herself with?

These are world-shattering important questions that will define the fate of humanity, here.

I wonder if it isn't time to re-imagine the whole alternate start mindset.  The whole "stuck in a prison with a miracle escape" works in a way, but when we've started the game we're not former prisoners anymore, unless that's what we picked.

I would think the Divines would be more colaborative than the Daedra (and whether they are all divine or d-aedra we'll leave aside) but I can also see Mara and Dibella in a friendly game of poaching followers. Zenithar and Dibella could have common followers in patrons of the arts, the wealthy that have no talent but appreciation for that which their patronage can fund, or art dealers and those involved in making things that are beautiful. I wouldn't want to list painters and metalworkers in the same grouping though they are both artists because of the work involved in making the art.

The idea I'm trying to flesh out revolves around the concept of the start of TES 3, 4 and 5... whatever you were in life before, something dramatic just changed the course of your life and fate might be pulling you a new direction. The choices the player makes at the statue could be us picking what that pull is and playing the part of the god as writers of the story.  I don't think re-creating all of the alt starts would be a good use of time, but as the polly starts are not much mechanically different from "patron at an inn" ... maybe?

So, the patron/polly/pilgrim to a temple could all be combined or split three ways between Mara, Sanguine and Nocturnal perhaps. You've either made the pilgrimage and answered the call of Mara or found Mara lacking, instead taking up the call to hedonism from Sam, woke up after one last customer and decided the loveless life is hollow and seek Mara's hearth warmth or having lived in the shadows decide to embrace them.

Whiterun could be Sam or Dibella renewing your hooker life, Hircine calling you to the hunt (though how that would exactly work as a Drunken Hunstman start I'm not sure... essentially a reason why you're leaving the hooker life behind) or a call from Kyne to leave the machinations of man and mer and embrace the life of the wild.

Either of these could also work for the Imprisoned starts... you had a life of some kind or another and ran afoul of the law. While sitting in your cell, some kind of epiphany came to you and you decide to leave it behind... or you were a thief/murderer/crook of some kind and one of the daedra decide to give you another chance to spread mayhem or trouble.

While daedra seem to like meddling in the lives of mortals the Divines it seems might call people to their work. Who knows when, or how, that call might come.

29 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

I wonder if it isn't time to re-imagine the whole alternate start mindset.  The whole "stuck in a prison with a miracle escape" works in a way, but when we've started the game we're not former prisoners anymore, unless that's what we picked.

It has been created that way to place the player into a safe and empty environment to allow for a sane initialization of every mods the player might have. It's kind of a menu that asks you how you want to start the game, but after the game is started because skyrim is terrible. Any other way would put your character in an empty cell anyhow, and then ask you where you want to go. There is also that Escape the Cell mod which adds some context to the start stories.

Anyhow, personally I would like to see more weak starts. The beggar option only has 2 choices (markath and riften), while with skooma whore there could be a start for every city. But that's just how dark I like my stories: a beggar with nothing but a body to hear some septims.

3 hours ago, bicobus said:

It has been created that way to place the player into a safe and empty environment to allow for a sane initialization of every mods the player might have. It's kind of a menu that asks you how you want to start the game, but after the game is started because skyrim is terrible. Any other way would put your character in an empty cell anyhow, and then ask you where you want to go. There is also that Escape the Cell mod which adds some context to the start stories.

Anyhow, personally I would like to see more weak starts. The beggar option only has 2 choices (markath and riften), while with skooma whore there could be a start for every city. But that's just how dark I like my stories: a beggar with nothing but a body to hear some septims.

I understand the safe cell idea, but I wondered if the "you've been stuck in this cell and some divine intervention frees you" was playing into how the different starts were being treated or worded.

Possibly not. Pretty much all of them are "where in the world are you and what are you doing" worded but the idea of one daedra interfering with another I didn't think made any sense. We're not being freed from the cell by one and then stolen by another. Its mostly picking which situation are we in with an assumed direction (pilgrin to a shrine, for example, or civil war, member of a guild) or a radical change of life plan (left for dead, attacked by a dragon, camping in the wilderness, bit by a vampire) so its mostly trying to list all of the different starts we might want to use and which higher power might have influence over what is going on.  A vampire start could be Molag Bal, Mephala if a friend betrayed you (as the vamp or to the vamp) or even Julianos in some "I want enough life times to fully study magic" that Serana and Valerica comment on.

On beggars, I think those two were picked because there are actual beggar homes while the other cities would just drop you in randomly and the cities already have - just one - beggar. Riften has the two, but I don't know why the skilled crafter sleeps down in the slums and the unskilled day laborer can afford a bed in the flophouse. If CC wanted to add non-optional dependencies for various mods Skooma Whore could start you in one of the dens in any city, certainly. For those kinds of starts I'll usually just pick inn patron and then use AddItemMenu to get rid of anything valuable except a shirt.

On 4/8/2018 at 9:21 PM, karlpaws said:

I understand the safe cell idea, but I wondered if the "you've been stuck in this cell and some divine intervention frees you" was playing into how the different starts were being treated or worded.

Possibly not. Pretty much all of them are "where in the world are you and what are you doing" worded but the idea of one daedra interfering with another I didn't think made any sense. We're not being freed from the cell by one and then stolen by another. 

The way I've looked at is usually that the character's time in the cell is either something that technically never happened(unless choosing the Escape the Cell start, obviously), which could of course include thinking of it as a bad dream, or it happened, and the existence of the statue allows you to take some other place in life, no matter if you think of it as Mara having something to do with it, or someone else posing as Mara to make it easier to accept.  

Otherwise, some suggestions. 

PSQ/Deadly Drain Start:

• First Time leaving: May have mentioned something like this before, I forget. But perhaps the first time you leave, you are given a choice as to were you want to go. Such as some base options like Wilderness(likely including some magic based locations like ritual areas or the Henges across the game, like the one near Dragon Bridge), Civilized places(including more isolated Inns like those in Kynesgrove, Dragon Bridge, and the current Nightgate Inn, and possibly options for just outside places like those), and a Cancel option(just in case you don't want to leave yet). 
  • Retreat area changes based on progression: Perhaps a hard to pin down idea. Not massive changes, but merely a few small ones based on something like the character's level. Such as maybe level 5 you get a few things like the bedrolls removed, and a more proper bed is added, likely a bit in front of the throne. The overall idea is that the area is somewhat linked to you, and you getting more powerful means a few base benefits for it. 
  • Power: In line with the idea of stat changes mentioned, perhaps there would be a statue(or an activator on the dais you spawn on) in the Retreat area which could be used to quickly progress your character. Going for things like level/skills, Skills only, and your progression in either PSQ or Deadly Drain. 
  • Arousal: Similar to the effect on a PSQ succubus, perhaps the Dark Retreat area has an influence on arousal? Not sure if there is a way to do this without having Aroused as a requirement, but there may be. 

Nord Queen Start(some of these may actually be a problem with the Stories mod, I'm not sure)

• Title: I am really not sure calling it this is accurate, for two reasons. First, if the story is that you were a lover of Gauldur(and supposedly not the mother of his three sons), Gauldur was not a High King, only an Archmage. Though the second issue is a little more sensible in light of the Brother's backstory, though making less outside of the three places where they are interred - the entire point of this start is to have you having sex with the Draugr, and most of it being more a rape situation than something you actually want to happen. Which you might, based on it letting you become less undead, but the text suggests it is always forceful. Maybe the forceful part should only apply for Folgunthur, Saarthal(though this would be awkward due to the quest), and Geirmund's Hall - as these places may contain the brothers' followers.
  • Visual Effects: not too much of an issue, and while having the effect is good, I would suggest options where it is a bit less. Maybe getting rid of the overlay effect(or allowing it to be turned off in some way), while retaining an effect on the character that lessens as you progress.

Base LAL Starts - Not sure if there is interest to touch any of these, though these are only small changes, nothing major. 

• Vampire Start: Adding a thrall or two to the Vampire dungeons which would make sense. Places like Pinemoon Cave, Broken Fang Cave, and Mara's Eye Pond.  

So i dont know if it is something i did but the aspiring mage start seem bugged. After killing the lava spider and walking down the long hallway with the enchanting and potion tables, when i go near the orb that says smoke corradors (or something like that) it puts a very dark overlay on the screen with the loading screen smoke effects. This stops me from opening most of the menus and i cant load eather.  from what i can see (not much) it looks like it teleports me right as i think i found the keeper but cant talk to him.  Again not sure if i broke it or if it stalled somehow.

Edit: Hm It seems that saveing and reloading with the effects fixes it.  Ill let you know if it messes up farther down the line.

Edit#2: Again dont know is its my fault but now the dwermer sexbot start is CTDing when i sleep in the bed.

Logs have only 3 lines 

[04/17/2018 - 03:16:13AM] CCAS Quest: 170 extern Dwemer Sexbot
[04/17/2018 - 03:16:13AM] CCAS seed event - standard
[04/17/2018 - 03:16:13AM] CCAS Quest: 170 extern Dwemer Sexbot end

For some reason with v14 if I save and reload the game before choosing a start and using the bed, it breaks the CCAS quest alias'.

Mods:

Spoiler

00  Skyrim.esm
01  Update.esm
02  Dawnguard.esm
03  HearthFires.esm
04  Dragonborn.esm
05  Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp  [Version 3.0.12]
06  SexLab.esm  [Version 1.62]
07  SkyUI.esp
08  RaceMenu.esp
09  FNIS.esp
0A  Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp  [Version 3.1.7]
0B  ccas_starts.esp

Papyrus log extract:

Spoiler

[04/20/2018 - 02:19:02PM] ==== LAL: Mod support check - Done. ====
[04/20/2018 - 02:19:07PM] CCAS player alias main function
[04/20/2018 - 02:19:10PM] CCAS v14 starting mara dialogue
[04/20/2018 - 02:19:10PM] CCAS has found player base gender to be FEMALE
[04/20/2018 - 02:19:10PM] CCAS has found player sexlab gender to be FEMALE
[04/20/2018 - 02:19:10PM] SEXLAB - NOTICE: ValidateActor(Prisoner) -- TRUE -- MISS
[04/20/2018 - 02:19:10PM] CCAS has determined that the player is a valid sexlab actor
[04/20/2018 - 02:19:10PM] CCAS has found the player race to be Breton
[04/20/2018 - 02:19:10PM] CCAS mod locater ending. Beginning start dialogues.
[04/20/2018 - 02:19:22PM] CCAS starting 390
[04/20/2018 - 02:19:26PM] CCAS Quest: 390 Aspiring Mage
[04/20/2018 - 02:19:26PM] ERROR: Cannot call AddItem() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [ccas_handler (0B005901)].ccas_QF_ccas_handler_06005901.Fragment_58() - "ccas_QF_ccas_handler_06005901.psc" Line ?
[04/20/2018 - 02:19:26PM] ERROR: Cannot call AddItem() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [ccas_handler (0B005901)].ccas_QF_ccas_handler_06005901.Fragment_58() - "ccas_QF_ccas_handler_06005901.psc" Line ?
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
[04/20/2018 - 02:19:26PM] ERROR: Cannot call EquipItem() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[04/20/2018 - 02:19:26PM] ERROR: Cannot call EquipItem() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
stack:
[04/20/2018 - 02:19:26PM] ERROR: Cannot call AddSpell() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[04/20/2018 - 02:19:26PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp115"
stack:
[04/20/2018 - 02:19:26PM] ERROR: Cannot call SetValueInt() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[04/20/2018 - 02:19:26PM] ERROR: Cannot call MoveTo() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[04/20/2018 - 02:19:26PM] CCAS Quest: 390 Aspiring Mage end
[04/20/2018 - 02:19:26PM] ERROR: Cannot call RegisterForSingleUpdate() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[04/20/2018 - 02:19:26PM] CCAS seed event - inexperienced

If I start a new game and do not reload at all before using the bed it works fine.