Obviously this is an essential mod, which is why I'd really love if there was a lore-friendly version of it, with lore-friendly names and without the Lincoln quote. Not just because it breaks immersion for me, but also because the last thing I want to think about in my smut is real life American slavery.

But perhaps I'm the only one who feels that way.

14 minutes ago, zaraia said:

But perhaps I'm the only one who feels that way.

You're not alone.  I found the anachronisms very immersion breaking.  I fixed it for myself with a few simple edits.

The Lincoln quote is Objective 13 in the SimpleSlavery quest.  I changed it to "Your new owner paid well for you.  Be sure not to disappoint."

I renamed John Randall to Slavemaster, and the various prisoners to Prisoner or Slave. 

While I was at it I got rid of the two Mara shrines, which were left over when the Temple of Mara cell was cloned to create the Slave Market.  They're on the bidders' side of the bars and I didn't see Mara as a patron of slavers.  Anyway, a few quick edits and it's a better experience.

8 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

You're not alone.  I found the anachronisms very immersion breaking.  I fixed it for myself with a few simple edits.

The Lincoln quote is Objective 13 in the SimpleSlavery quest.  I changed it to "Your new owner paid well for you.  Be sure not to disappoint."

I renamed John Randall to Slavemaster, and the various prisoners to Prisoner or Slave. 

While I was at it I got rid of the two Mara shrines, which were left over when the Temple of Mara cell was cloned to create the Slave Market.  They're on the bidders' side of the bars and I didn't see Mara as a patron of slavers.  Anyway, a few quick edits and it's a better experience.

On the basis that it is Christmas (and more importantly that I am lazy) could I persuade you to post your edited esp by any chance?

On 12/30/2019 at 5:56 AM, Bane Master said:

On the basis that it is Christmas (and more importantly that I am lazy) could I persuade you to post your edited esp by any chance?

Sure.  I made the changes for personal use, keeping them lore friendly, but I can post them.

I made my changes as a "patch" ESP using SimpleSlavery.esp as a false master.  That insulates me from changes when the mod is updated so I don't have to redo my edits, and it helps me track what I've changed.  The consequence is that you'll have an extra ESP in your mod list unless you merge the two files. 

SS+ has some gray face problems.  I didn't address that.  I'm posting two versions, my full changes and a minimal version.  Use only one.  These are non-localized ESP files for Oldrim/LE.

Minimal Version

Replaces the Lincoln quote, and renames the prisoners and slave master.

Replaces the Mara shrines with candles, and replaces the Mara braziers with iron ones. 

Moves the COC marker so that if you "coc sslv_market" you're placed outside the cage.

Adds a location to the slave market, because a null location messes with mods that look for location keywords (SL Pheromones would wrongly trigger inside the hall). 

Moves the point at which the PC is dumped back into the world if there are no available slave mods and the PC is freed.  That used to be outside Whiterun.  It's now behind Riften, at the old outdoor slave market.

Adds a line of dialog if you speak to the slave master or auctioneer:  "I have a fantasy about being sold.  Can you arrange a pretend auction?"  That starts a real auction (silly girl).  It's an immersive way to force or test being sold.

Full Version

All features in the minimal version.

Grammar fixes for incorrect use of "there" for "their" and "your" for "you're".

Edits to auction dialog so it sounds more natural.

Reverted SS+ changes to the terrain behind Riften that removed the road.  The road is back.

Hid slave posters in other cities.  I thought it was overdoing things.

Minor changes just outside the slave market so it's more obvious that the door is for a slave hall.

A replacement for the slave poster, created by @Rob_J.  Extract from the zip file and it will override the one in the BSA.

More furniture so the hall is less empty, including an X-cross, pillory, and a crux with a slave girl.

The auctioneer now stands behind a lectern with a ledger (occasionally that can interfere with pathing).

SimpleSlavery - Changes.7z

SimpleSlavery - Changes - Minimal.esp

• 2 weeks later...

The last time I installed SS (the SSE version), I had a game-breaking bug with the slave auction. When I was enslaved, I would be transported to the auction cell, as normal, but then things went wrong.

• The door to the cell was sitting in the middle of the room, right next to the auction block.
  • Talking to the NPCs did nothing, except for one (I think it was the auctioneer?) which started the "auction".
  • The Auction didn't progress in any way. Sometimes my character would be posed on the block, other times left running around, and either way she would never be sold off and I ended up stuck in the auction room until I reloaded a save.

Right now, I'm thinking of reinstalling SD+ and I want to use SS with it. Does anyone know if these are ongoing issues with the SSE version?

Haven't used this version of SS yet. Does it still make you sit through 5-10 minutes of auction dialogue each time you're enslaved (typically before something goes wrong, forcing you to reload and go through it all over again)? 

I always wished that could be disabled so there wasn't such a long delay before being sent off to the actual slavery mod.

15 minutes ago, emes said:

Does it still make you sit through 5-10 minutes of auction dialogue each time you're enslaved

The auction dialog has been glitchy for me.  Sometimes it runs, but usually it does not.  If the dialog doesn't run, the script has a timeout so the auction will still complete, but you do have to sit there and wait.  So either way, you must wait before being sent to the slavery mod.

1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

The auction dialog has been glitchy for me.  Sometimes it runs, but usually it does not.  If the dialog doesn't run, the script has a timeout so the auction will still complete, but you do have to sit there and wait.  So either way, you must wait before being sent to the slavery mod.

Yeah, it was entertaining the first couple of times, but from then on, I've always dreaded waiting to get through Simple Slavery. What we probably need at this point is Simpler Slavery. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2019 at 4:49 PM, HexBolt8 said:

Sure.  I made the changes for personal use, keeping them lore friendly, but I can post them.

I made my changes as a "patch" ESP using SimpleSlavery.esp as a false master.  That insulates me from changes when the mod is updated so I don't have to redo my edits, and it helps me track what I've changed.  The consequence is that you'll have an extra ESP in your mod list unless you merge the two files. 

SS+ has some gray face problems.  I didn't address that.  I'm posting two versions, my full changes and a minimal version.  Use only one.  These are non-localized ESP files for Oldrim/LE.

Minimal Version

Replaces the Lincoln quote, and renames the prisoners and slave master.

Replaces the Mara shrines with candles, and replaces the Mara braziers with iron ones. 

Moves the COC marker so that if you "coc sslv_market" you're placed outside the cage.

Adds a location to the slave market, because a null location messes with mods that look for location keywords (SL Pheromones would wrongly trigger inside the hall). 

Moves the point at which the PC is dumped back into the world if there are no available slave mods and the PC is freed.  That used to be outside Whiterun.  It's now behind Riften, at the old outdoor slave market.

Adds a line of dialog if you speak to the slave master or auctioneer:  "I have a fantasy about being sold.  Can you arrange a pretend auction?"  That starts a real auction (silly girl).  It's an immersive way to force or test being sold.

Full Version

All features in the minimal version.

Grammar fixes for incorrect use of "there" for "their" and "your" for "you're".

Edits to auction dialog so it sounds more natural.

Reverted SS+ changes to the terrain behind Riften that removed the road.  The road is back.

Hid slave posters in other cities.  I thought it was overdoing things.

Minor changes just outside the slave market so it's more obvious that the door is for a slave hall.

A replacement for the slave poster, created by @Rob_J.  Extract from the zip file and it will override the one in the BSA.

More furniture so the hall is less empty, including an X-cross, pillory, and a crux with a slave girl.

The auctioneer now stands behind a lectern with a ledger (occasionally that can interfere with pathing).

SimpleSlavery - Changes.7z 533.76 kB · 33 downloads

SimpleSlavery - Changes - Minimal.esp 10.73 kB · 10 downloads

For whatever reason these do not let my game load, without them it loads. 
I'm using MO 2. Idk if I should manually install or not.

18 minutes ago, serioth21 said:

For whatever reason these do not let my game load, without them it loads. 
I'm using MO 2. Idk if I should manually install or not.

It's a patch to the mod.  You must have the base mod installed.  Install the mod, then install the patch.  If you're having trouble, install manually.

why are the files to download so confusing?

i want simple slavery plus without devious framework (devious framework is not sexlab framework right? i am using, sexlab framwork, devious devices and all the cursed loot stuff but NOT devious framework...)

there is only "simple slavery (not plus) without devious framework patch"

or is it simple slavery plus 6.02 or 6.04 but no word if devious framework is needed or not

*edit* forget it, the installer answers all of it. sorry im stupid :)

12 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

It's a patch to the mod.  You must have the base mod installed.  Install the mod, then install the patch.  If you're having trouble, install manually.

Do I place it inside Simple Slavery's folder if I manually install it since it doesnt have it's own folder? Although my SS+ doesn't have a meshes/texture folder.

3 hours ago, serioth21 said:

Do I place it inside Simple Slavery's folder if I manually install it since it doesnt have it's own folder? Although my SS+ doesn't have a meshes/texture folder.

The files go in your Data folder, just like any mod.  SS+ has its meshes & textures in a BSA file, that's why you don't see them. 

On 12/30/2019 at 11:49 PM, HexBolt8 said:

Awesome!

On 12/30/2019 at 11:49 PM, HexBolt8 said:

Sweet!

thx! How could I miss that?

On 1/28/2020 at 4:09 PM, HexBolt8 said:

The files go in your Data folder, just like any mod.  SS+ has its meshes & textures in a BSA file, that's why you don't see them. 

Mod Organizer saves my mods here D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods

There's a few things in the data folder but all my actual mod folders are in the MO/Mod folder. 

I'll put it in data and see if that works, thanks. 

3 minutes ago, serioth21 said:

Mod Organizer saves my mods here D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods

There's a few things in the data folder but all my actual mod folders are in the MO/Mod folder. 

I'll put it in data and see if that works, thanks. 

The data folder is the intended destination.  If you're using a mod manager, then it would be up to you to understand how that manager works when patching a mod and how it gets files to appear as if they're in the data folder.  How various mod managers work is not something I can discuss.  Hopefully what you're doing will work for you. 

On 8/5/2019 at 3:19 AM, HexBolt8 said:

As just_Gina said, it depends on the slavery mods that you choose to install.  Your choice should reflect the kind of experience that you want.  No one wants a permanent enslavement situation (except maybe as a niche case for retiring a character).  So players choose mods that act as a bump in the road (temporary loss of freedom), or an ongoing challenge (long term limits on freedom). 

Road bump mods will generally shut down your questing until you escape the situation, either by successfully running away from a slave owner, or fulfilling a set of conditions.  Take SLUTS, for example.  You won't be doing any questing while indentured to SLUTS as a SS outcome, but you will have the challenge of pulling that cart all over Skyrim.  It can be fun for a awhile, but at times it can be difficult and it disrupts game play enough to serve as a sufficient penalty for combat defeat, while proving a clear path to freedom and continuing your game.  Players use this kind of mod to add consequence to losing in combat.  If it seems pointless, then you'd probably prefer the vanilla die and reload. 

The ongoing challenge mods allow you to quest while making your life more difficult, usually also adding flavor, such as a bossy follower or owner who makes demands on you.  The situation might be entered into "involuntarily" as a SS outcome, or voluntarily if the player character is weak, submissive, or easily duped.  As the player, you must decide what's right for the character.  Devious Followers is an example.  It can be tuned to be easy or very hard, and it can be played until you're ready to move on (assuming you meet the conditions to part ways with the follower) or as a permanent arrangement. 

Both types of mods offer extra challenge and the flavor of enslavement.  If that type of challenge doesn't appeal to you, particularly if you really want to be 100% free 100% of the time, then slavery mods won't interest you.  Some people like them; others don't. 

I mean in this slavery mod, you got caught into slavery...Then what? You stay forever as slave? or do you get out in the end? If you download a mod which point is to make you a slave in an open world game, why would you even play Skyrim? Since if you become a slave, you are not supposed to be able to explore the world anymore. The master should decide your life. Thats make the point of playing an open world game moot.

If you can get out, that makes the point of downloading the mod useless in the first place.

I dont get why people download this mod. What you people do with it? Stay slave forever?...Or get out?... I can't see any point in doing either of those.

19 minutes ago, Clementh said:

I mean in this slavery mod, you got caught into slavery...Then what? You stay forever as slave? or do you get out in the end? If you download a mod which point is to make you a slave in an open world game, why would you even play Skyrim? Since if you become a slave, you are not supposed to be able to explore the world anymore. The master should decide your life. Thats make the point of playing an open world game moot.

If you can get out, that makes the point of downloading the mod useless in the first place.

I dont get why people download this mod. What you people do with it? Stay slave forever?...Or get out?... I can't see any point in doing either of those.

For some reason, that reminds me of this, but I can't quite put my finger on it ... :classic_dodgy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnzlbyTZsQY&list=RDT6z3n0LEckk&index=21

3 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

For some reason, that reminds me of this, but I can't quite put my finger on it ... :classic_dodgy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnzlbyTZsQY&list=RDT6z3n0LEckk&index=21

Probably because in that video, the program is in a way, can be considered contradicting itself lol. Which is basically the point of my question.

27 minutes ago, Clementh said:

7 minutes ago, Clementh said:

Probably because in that video, the program is in a way, can be considered contradicting itself lol. Which is basically the point of my question.

Your programming may have missed out on the concepts of

Road Bump

Diversion, both entertaining and frustrating

Escape, both regaining of freedom, and escapism

I suggest you complain to your systems analyst, tech spec & programming colleagues

And, for the avoidance of doubt, this is a 'big wink'

:wink:

I can only hope that you have as much fun as the rest of us :classic_rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

Your programming may have missed out on the concepts of

Road Bump

Diversion, both entertaining and frustrating

Escape, both regaining of freedom, and escapism

I suggest you complain to your systems analyst, tech spec & programming colleagues

And, for the avoidance of doubt, this is a 'big wink'

:wink:

I can only hope that you have as much fun as the rest of us :classic_rolleyes:

I don't get what do you mean by the last part of the big wink. Anyway if you download a slavery mod where you become a slave only for the point is to get out...Thats make the point of downloading a player-slavery mod moot.

And if you intend to become a slave, that makes the point of playing Open-World game moot, as you are not supposed to be free as a slave.

Your system may missed some registry edit.

If you download the player-slavery mod, you are contradicting the point of playing an open-world game as you are not supposed to be free in a game where you are supposed to be free.

If you are free despite being a slave or only download the slavery mod for the sake of getting out, you are contradicting the point of enslaving yourself.

If you still can't process that, I suggest you report the problem of your processing to your system analyst. There is a technical error there. Perhaps, your antivirus need to be updated to avoid such case in the future. Or maybe your motherboard itself is burnt?

1 hour ago, Clementh said:

I don't get what do you mean by the last part of the big wink. Anyway if you download a slavery mod where you become a slave only for the point is to get out...Thats make the point of downloading a player-slavery mod moot.

And if you intend to become a slave, that makes the point of playing Open-World game moot, as you are not supposed to be free as a slave.

Your system may missed some registry edit.

If you download the player-slavery mod, you are contradicting the point of playing an open-world game as you are not supposed to be free in a game where you are supposed to be free.

If you are free despite being a slave or only download the slavery mod for the sake of getting out, you are contradicting the point of enslaving yourself.

If you still can't process that, I suggest you report the problem of your processing to your system analyst. There is a technical error there. Perhaps, your antivirus need to be updated to avoid such case in the future. Or maybe your motherboard itself is burnt?

10 PRINT "I'm guessing that you missed 1984"

20 PRINT "LOL"

30 PRINT "BYE!"