On 9/23/2022 at 5:00 AM, Roggvir said:

Aha, luckily, that script is really simple.

Create a new file called "consoleUtil.psc", and paste this in:

scriptName ConsoleUtil

function ExecuteCommand(string a_command) global native
objectReference function GetSelectedReference() global native
function SetSelectedReference(objectReference a_reference) global native
string function ReadMessage() global native
function PrintMessage(string a_message) global native
int function GetVersion() global native

btw. i realized i can actually post all the source files that you need to compile that DD script, without needing anybody's permissions.
The trick is not to post the scripts at all. Papyrus Compiler only needs the structure, it doesn't care about the actual code.

So, later today, after i get back to my computer, i will upload a complete package with a batchfile and everything that is needed to recompile that one DD script.
You will still need to edit the DD script yourself, but you won't need to mess with any other script sources and just run the included batch file.

Currently pulling out hairs trying to get this to compile, is there any chance you will be uploading the stuff needed for compiling it? Been a month or so since last mention. 

(For the record, getting a lot of "argument X is not specified and has no default value" errors. Most say "level" instead of X but it varies. Got some to go away with edits to the SkyUI source files after seeing it on a russian site, but the rest are a mystery rip.)

Edited by Panvi
On 11/1/2022 at 9:27 PM, Panvi said:

Currently pulling out hairs trying to get this to compile, is there any chance you will be uploading the stuff needed for compiling it? Been a month or so since last mention. 

(For the record, getting a lot of "argument X is not specified and has no default value" errors. Most say "level" instead of X but it varies. Got some to go away with edits to the SkyUI source files after seeing it on a russian site, but the rest are a mystery rip.)

that means you uudont have all the source files. i just want hin to provide the orginal modifed file then i can compile. his directions on what otmodify are to ambigous to follow

here is the source file  modifed for Devious Devices [SE][AE][VR] 5.2 Beta 9 and  the modifed copy file for the new DD file paths

zadBoundCombatScript.psc _copy_DD_files.py

Edited by sidfu1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok I finally got this to compile and I’ll share the pex later (got permission from Kimy)

Of note, I used DD 5.2 beta 9 and Baka SLA source scripts, not sure if that has any effect on the outcome.
I’m using 360 movement behaviour, realistic human movement speed, and underdogs animations as other things that affect movement.

1) all the restraint movement anims i tested work in 360 when weapon sheathed (yay).  Haven’t tested hobble dress as the mesh is invisible, gotta sort that.

2) the yokes all erroneously use the armbinder animations when your weapon is drawn (kicking) and you move. 

3) the bunny hop animation slows down movement speed when moving backwards (toward the screen), which does NOT occur with my anims unbound.

4) the elbow chains break the ability to draw your weapon permanent once removed (not sure if coming from this mod or from DD)

If anyone has any insight into where these issues are coming from please let me know.

Edited by no_way
  • 1 month later...

Okay, it's a bit more complicated than I originally thought but I think I've arrived at a solution for the broken combat animations problem.

This is an explanation for replication purposes, if you wanna try fixing it skip to installation. I tried a minimal installation just consisting of DD + its requirements along with this patch. Running sidfu's version of the script worked perfectly. After running FNIS once, it continued to work. Then I did one run of FNIS and then one run of Nemesis and this is where the combat movement broke. The animation file actually in charge of movement when in unarmed combat is called h2h_locomotion.hkx

I noticed this in the original combat script:

if animSet != 6 ; We don't set locomotion for pet suit
	akActor.SetAnimationVariableInt("FNIS_abc_h2h_LocomotionPose", animSet + 1)
EndIf

The locomotion pose's set needs to be incremented by 1 to be valid. If you look at the original files in animations/DD there is no abc0_h2h_locomotionpose.hkx but there is abc1_h2h_locomotionpose.hkx - abc7_h2h_locomotionpose.hkx. So I'm assuming this basically means each restraint is actually associated with the incremented locomotion pose. For example, yoke corresponds to abc1 and its locomotion pose should actually be abc2_h2h_locomotionpose.hkx. However the patcher isn't incrementing this which leads to misplaced animation files. Instead the yoke gets abc1_h2h_locomotionpose.hkx which actually corresponds to the armbinder hence the broken combat animations.

Fixing this problem is as simple as copying the h2h_locomotionpose.hkx file from each folder into the next one or in the patcher incrementing the number if locomotion is in the path. I tried this manually and that seemed to work so I made some changes to the patcher to automate this process.

Changes:

• Modified the makeAnimset function to change ddFilePrefix to the correct incremented version if the line contains 'locomotion' or keep it the same if not
  • Modified 100006 [abc0] - Armbinder or Straitjacket.txt to include h2h_locomotionpose.hkx as one of the files to be transfered

Installation:

1. Uninstall the old patch which you've hopefully added using a mod manager, you need to ensure all animations created using this patcher are removed from the DAR folder
  2. Use Roggvir's instructions to generate the meshes again
  3. Copy these meshes into a new folder
  4. Copy no_way/sidfu's compiled file (with the .pex extension) into a new folder called scripts
  5. Move the new scripts folder into the same folder with meshes
  6. Make a mod from this (for me on Vortex this just means zipping this file)
  7. Install this archive using your mod manager

@no_way Did Kimy only give permissions to upload the script or were they okay with everything including the meshes?

EDIT: FYI, the animation folder names in the patcher correspond to the folder structure for DD 5.2 BETA, you'll need to rename to what the original looked like in order for it to work with 5.1.

DD5.1_to_DAR 20220702-1911.zip

Edited by thepsychologist
  • 5 weeks later...
On 7/3/2022 at 2:23 AM, syrenundine said:

Amazing and worked like a charm thanks!

it worked for me. I just had to update the folder names in the script to reflect the 5.2 FOMOD.

00 Base
10 Feuertin Alt
10 Cedec0
10 MaikCG
11 BunnyHop

Sorry for my lame question.... but when I unpack DD5.2 beta 10 RC1 (Not necessary because Vortex did it) I can't see this folder structure instead it looks more like it:

DD

DD2

DD3

DDC

DDSL

in  meshes\actors\character\animations folder

sooo  somebody can help me a little (I totally confused) 

16 hours ago, palracz said:

Sorry for my lame question.... but when I unpack DD5.2 beta 10 RC1 (Not necessary because Vortex did it) I can't see this folder structure instead it looks more like it:

DD

DD2

DD3

DDC

DDSL

in  meshes\actors\character\animations folder

sooo  somebody can help me a little (I totally confused) 

You just have to open Zip file that downloaded from LL not folder from MO2/Vortex.

then you can look these.

K-687.png.b67b332aeb30fe0cc03fb4c0f68320c7.png

these folders are required to DAR conversion.

Edited by VAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAV
On 1/20/2023 at 2:24 PM, palracz said:

uuuuu thaks

There is an another problem.... so if u have ZAZ 8+ (master of lot of mods) it contains more than 1000 complex animation and of course DD it has more than 600 animations and few DAR animations. this method add more than 600 animations for DD and there are others animation mods and Sexlab itself. This is really too much animations and  DAR has stopped in game. 

maybe I know there is no patch or bridge between DD and DAR (btw thanks for your hard work Roggvir) any DAR animation has own custom _conditions.txt and  just add a new line for it, like something similar: NOT IsWornHasKeyword("Devious Devices - Integration.esm")? (I don't know this is a correct form, I'm not a modder) and it would be prohibit this DAR mods to break DD animation?

is it a good idea? 

On 12/20/2022 at 8:29 AM, ponzipyramid said:

EDIT: FYI, the animation folder names in the patcher correspond to the folder structure for DD 5.2 BETA, you'll need to rename to what the original looked like in order for it to work with 5.1.

So to make it work with 5.1 i just have to change these to  the corresponding folder name in 5.1

606504835_5.2folder.JPG.142c119c1c0ff7ca329b4fb1cf564bca.JPG

The corresponding equivalent for 5.1 is '02 Feuertin Alt' , '02 Cedec0', '02 MaikCG', '02 BunnyHop' 

i am dumb and sorry for the noob question

Edited by Maldr
forgot to put image
On 1/29/2023 at 8:44 AM, no_way said:

Ok, the new challenge.  Ive installed Nemesis in order to use MCO and true directional movement.  How to get DAR to work with the bound combat?  It reverts to coming out of restraints and punching for example when in a yoke

can't. just disable bound combat.
or make MCO compatible bound combat animation.
(because MCO changes Skyrim's combat mechanism, so bound combat doesn't work with it)

I've updated the script a tiny bit. It now works with both 5.1 and 5.2, and you don't have to set your source folder manually anymore, as long as you put the files in the instructed folder.

Edit: Just in case, I've also added a compiled version of the DD 5.1 zadBoundCombatScript (as opposed to the 5.2 binary in this thread)

DD to DAR 5.1 and 5.2.7z

DD 5.1 DAR Conversion zadBoundCombatScript modified and compiled.zip

Edited by eldr3d
On 2/1/2023 at 7:55 PM, eldr3d said:

I've updated the script a tiny bit. It now works with both 5.1 and 5.2, and you don't have to set your source folder manually anymore, as long as you put the files in the instructed folder.

Edit: Just in case, I've also added a compiled version of the DD 5.1 scripts (as opposed to the 5.2 binary in this thread)

DD to DAR 5.1 and 5.2.7z 7.32 kB · 11 downloads

DD 5.1 DAR Conversion Script only.zip 8.21 kB · 7 downloads

Am I able to just drop in the 5.1 conversion script into my load order? Not sure how that one works, or if there is more I need to do with it.

I think i installed this correctly but using both FNIS and Nemesis it seems to work correctly however if i have an armbinder on and equip my fists (so i can use kicking attacks) my arms pop out when i move, not when i sprint or stand still though. And when i put my fists down my arms also dont pop out anyone know why its just those certain ones?

9 hours ago, tamai said:

I think i installed this correctly but using both FNIS and Nemesis it seems to work correctly however if i have an armbinder on and equip my fists (so i can use kicking attacks) my arms pop out when i move, not when i sprint or stand still though. And when i put my fists down my arms also dont pop out anyone know why its just those certain ones?

Not your fault. I didn't impement the bound combat.

It should be of course implemented, and i intended to, but only for the optional package that was supposed to be included in DD, and i didn't have time to finish it (yet).

1 hour ago, Roggvir said:

Not your fault. I didn't impement the bound combat.

It should be of course implemented, and i intended to, but only for the optional package that was supposed to be included in DD, and i didn't have time to finish it (yet).

thank you for such a quick response ^^ and also for the hard work on this mod, looking forward to that update~

interesting development.  using this with MCO, if I attack with my right hand the bound combat gets broken, but if I attack with my left hand, it is using the bound combat animations correctly.  Gonna try and figure out why and make an MCO moveset.

Also, the yoke and armbinder from DD Assets esp don't even apply the basic bound animations, not sure why.

Edited by no_way
On 12/20/2022 at 3:29 AM, ponzipyramid said:

Okay, it's a bit more complicated than I originally thought but I think I've arrived at a solution for the broken combat animations problem.

This is an explanation for replication purposes, if you wanna try fixing it skip to installation. I tried a minimal installation just consisting of DD + its requirements along with this patch. Running sidfu's version of the script worked perfectly. After running FNIS once, it continued to work. Then I did one run of FNIS and then one run of Nemesis and this is where the combat movement broke. The animation file actually in charge of movement when in unarmed combat is called h2h_locomotion.hkx

I noticed this in the original combat script:

if animSet != 6 ; We don't set locomotion for pet suit
	akActor.SetAnimationVariableInt("FNIS_abc_h2h_LocomotionPose", animSet + 1)
EndIf

The locomotion pose's set needs to be incremented by 1 to be valid. If you look at the original files in animations/DD there is no abc0_h2h_locomotionpose.hkx but there is abc1_h2h_locomotionpose.hkx - abc7_h2h_locomotionpose.hkx. So I'm assuming this basically means each restraint is actually associated with the incremented locomotion pose. For example, yoke corresponds to abc1 and its locomotion pose should actually be abc2_h2h_locomotionpose.hkx. However the patcher isn't incrementing this which leads to misplaced animation files. Instead the yoke gets abc1_h2h_locomotionpose.hkx which actually corresponds to the armbinder hence the broken combat animations.

Fixing this problem is as simple as copying the h2h_locomotionpose.hkx file from each folder into the next one or in the patcher incrementing the number if locomotion is in the path. I tried this manually and that seemed to work so I made some changes to the patcher to automate this process.

Changes:

• Modified the makeAnimset function to change ddFilePrefix to the correct incremented version if the line contains 'locomotion' or keep it the same if not
  • Modified 100006 [abc0] - Armbinder or Straitjacket.txt to include h2h_locomotionpose.hkx as one of the files to be transfered

Installation:

1. Uninstall the old patch which you've hopefully added using a mod manager, you need to ensure all animations created using this patcher are removed from the DAR folder
  2. Use Roggvir's instructions to generate the meshes again
  3. Copy these meshes into a new folder
  4. Copy no_way/sidfu's compiled file (with the .pex extension) into a new folder called scripts
  5. Move the new scripts folder into the same folder with meshes
  6. Make a mod from this (for me on Vortex this just means zipping this file)
  7. Install this archive using your mod manager

@no_way Did Kimy only give permissions to upload the script or were they okay with everything including the meshes?

DD5.1_to_DAR 20220702-1911.zip 41.13 kB · 96 downloads

For some reason I'm getting yoke anims with the elbow shackles when i use this

20 hours ago, no_way said:

For some reason I'm getting yoke anims with the elbow shackles when i use this

And even weirder, trying abcX_h2h_locomotionpose.hkx 1 through 6 there is no elbowbinder animations... :S

@ponzipyramid where did you find a abc7?

For MCO, you need to copy some files. Unarmed blocking and bashing still wont work properly though since there are no animations to use.

h2h_attackright.hkx => mco_attack1.hkx
h2h_attackleft.hkx => mco_attack2.hkx
h2h_attackrightpowerforward => mco_powerattack1.hkx