11 hours ago, zarantha said:

The esm has 37 and 38. For Him reverts that change for the red leather pony boots only, and I fixed that in my patch.

Which one don't you see it fixed for? As far as I see, they are all correct after my patch.

What may be happening is the priority for the boots is lower than the outfit, so the outfit may be taking the calves slot.

Reveal hidden contents

zadx_XinPonyBootAA

image.png.cd9c240ce2c532499b3c8564ff1e2593.png

zadx_XinEbonitePonyBootAA

image.png.be471b8a28c21ba0839d464a394fceb7.png

zadx_XinWTLPonyBootAA

image.png.2ff7913f2a245f237e28c8eb27918955.png

zadx_XinWTEbonitePonyBootAA

image.png.348aeaaea741b600aa7f881ad6856776.png

zadx_XinRDLPonyBootAA

image.png.471021947b7910706d845be670d6c619.png

zadx_XinRDEbonitePonyBootAA

image.png.eddbf031db023061fc3c5ada91509bfc.png

What patch? Is it one of those obscure patches in the middle of the thread?

I had it in the DD Expansion esm on all the scriptinstances for pony boots(I don't use male DDs), so I added slot 38 to them. I was wearing a straightjacket with the boots but it was the skirtless version. When testing I had deleted that save, so I tested it with the boots only and then they looked alright.

Spoiler

Untitled-1.jpg

13 hours ago, zarantha said:

I gave you the direct link to where I attached the DLL to a post in one of my replies to you. You're only the second person to ask in over a year, any mod that's still maintained has been updated. Maybe you should update your skse and drop the mods that aren't maintained anymore...

2.0.15 is directly attached to this post. Click the attachment. I hope you understand this time.

Thank you sir. I m really sorry. The file failed the first few time when i tried to download just like some of the other links which were down. I was mistaken that this files was down as well and ignorantly kept asking again. My bad :(

8 hours ago, Intronacious said:

I had it in the DD Expansion esm on all the scriptinstances for pony boots(I don't use male DDs), so I added slot 38 to them. I was wearing a straightjacket with the boots but it was the skirtless version. When testing I had deleted that save, so I tested it with the boots only and then they looked alright.

Reveal hidden contents

Untitled-1.jpg

No, the patch I included in the installer in the core folder, so everyone should have it.

image.png.a8c6119b066530d1c7e5d108cdec0f0e.png

Shouldn't matter if it's on the armor (scriptinstances objects) or not, just the armor addon should be all that was needed.

Boots are fine without the straitjacket, so it's a priority issue. There's too many combinations to make sure everything works together from what I understand on the priority discussion on the LE thread.

Which means: I can try to fix it for that combo on the next version, but I might break it for something else.

12 hours ago, unmog said:

Nope, using CBBE. And I do use DCL too. I'll give the troubleshooting post a look tho.

Hmm, I assume you're talking about this? 

If so, nope, I havent seen it before now but do you think it'll help if I'm using cbbe? I mean theyre just elbowbinders, so maybe~

Edit: Yup those unp files for the elbowbinders made them visible again~ still have some other things invisible but at least I know why. Maybe someone should go back over the DD Framework CBBE SE bodyslide group to make sure everything is working~

You downloaded the updated version that has VR in the file name right?

I don't see sliders on the ebonite elbowbinder. I do see them for the leather elbowbinder and the two armbinders. They are in the group, and the sliderset exists otherwise.

I must have not finished it, i wonder how come it looked alright when I was testing these. I blame bodyslide fatigue...

It shouldn't be invisible, but probably has a lot of clipping.

What's in the group:
DDA - CBBE SE - Armbinder

DDX - CBBE SE - EboniteArmbinder

DDX - CBBE SE - EboniteElbowbinder

DDX - CBBE SE - LeatherElbowbinder

I attached the updated sliderset, you should already have the nif and group. let me know if that works.

DDX_CBBE_SE_Redone.osp

If you have a list of what's invisible, i'll double check. everything showed up in testing, but i could have missed files when I was copying over to the fomod.

I'll try testing after work, it's about time for me to start.

is there any way to enchant devious devices via enchanting in game? as in the enchanting system and adding enchants to the items you have? 

really like the devices and some of them i never take off a character like piercings and some of the others, there are mods that add those piercings to the game without the lock and other special effects and it would be nice to be able to have the dd items enchantable the locking effect is nice, also is there a way to break a lock so it can never be removed?

1 hour ago, Zellgarith said:

is there any way to enchant devious devices via enchanting in game? as in the enchanting system and adding enchants to the items you have? 

really like the devices and some of them i never take off a character like piercings and some of the others, there are mods that add those piercings to the game without the lock and other special effects and it would be nice to be able to have the dd items enchantable the locking effect is nice, also is there a way to break a lock so it can never be removed?

As far as I know, you cant enchant an already enchanted item and all the devious items have devious enchantments. But, really, I have no idea if it's "possible" at all.

As far as to break a lock so it can never be removed... sorta~ you can jam a lock so it can't be unlocked with a key. You can also repair it to unjam it tho... so technically it isnt "broken forever". One thing you could do that's close to what you want tho is to greatly increase the chance to break a lot, and then increase the difficulty so it's harder to fix when it jams. While I dont think you can make it so it jams 100% of the time, you can make it quite often by changing your keybreak modifier in the devious devices mcm to Born Slave [Hardest] so it happens quite often. If you do the same with the Difficulty Modifier it will make it quite hard to repair, I think. And if you change Cooldown Modifier to Born Slave as well, it should make it so you have to wait quite awhile before you can even try fixing it again.

With all three of those options set to the highest difficulty and some patience reloading, it shouldn't take long to get all the items you want locked on and broken. One thing you might like, is to make your life extra difficult the MCM menu for devices become inaccessible when wearing restraints so you won't be able to cheat it later and make it easier on yourself to escape.

is anyone else having trouble getting the DD framework to work with nemesis? I was trying to do the fnis, nemesis merge tutorial thing and I always get a ctd on startup. and I know DD is the issue because when I have the DD framework disabled I don't get the ctd. idk. I don't have this issue when I'm only using fnis. 

Edit:

Apparently I'm not the only one having issues with nem and DD. probably just going to not use nem then. because even though I want cool combat animations losing DD is a no from me.

10 hours ago, Zellgarith said:

There was an LE mod that did this but it spammed the shit out of your game. I dont know if any one converted it but it did what it said. Just too many items for the mod to look after.

52 minutes ago, BigOnes69 said:

There was an LE mod that did this but it spammed the shit out of your game. I dont know if any one converted it but it did what it said. Just too many items for the mod to look after.

Actually I just ran into a mod that, says, it makes devious devices enchantable. I havent tried it yet, but its a patch for Devious Lore so I figured Id come back and post my findings. ?

Specifically, it says you need to use the Devious Devices - Lore Patch SE. Again tho, I havent used it yet so can't confirm.

On 4/5/2021 at 10:24 AM, Intronacious said:

There is two solutions for this problem: simple and bad or difficult and probably good or very good.

1) simple and bad:  remove from that boots armor addon calves and remove in outfit studio partition calves from this boot. No more cutting calves. But those boots will be visible through straitjacket dress and clipping.

2) difficult and probably good or very good: rework all dd items priority, all other mods custom dd items priority what they use and avoid disappearing necessary parts in different combinations.

Example you need higher priority for dresses (default all body items 20) as boots (default 5 or 6) and lower priority as boots for straitjackets. But not too low as other dd items and default body priority (i don't know what is default body priority) As example simple solution is add to that straitjacket priority 5 (6 is for pony boots) and then boots will be visible. And hope that this straitjacket dress not have less priority to lost part if another instance is equipped. As example. other boots that havent calves then you will be without calves. In theory you can raise those boots pony boots priority to 8 (????) and straitjacket to 7.

Anyway it will be hard work to combine different priorities to make it work 100% correct.

UPD: green part correct my words.

UPD2: At first sight nothing is broke if you use jacket priority 5 - boots are visible and calves too (but i not test many diferent combinations: only: naked straijacket without boots, with pony boots and with ballet boots. Also if you have on device hidder corsets not see too - i disable a corset hider in that picture):

Spoiler

ScreenShot26.jpg.bd49ee399f41c6cc2954df438dbdc999.jpg

ScreenShot27.jpg.54e8d6125f3f09667d79a8394269a493.jpg

7 hours ago, unmog said:

Actually I just ran into a mod that, says, it makes devious devices enchantable. I havent tried it yet, but its a patch for Devious Lore so I figured Id come back and post my findings. ?

Specifically, it says you need to use the Devious Devices - Lore Patch SE. Again tho, I havent used it yet so can't confirm.

If you do try this, let me know if you run into issues with DCL traps. We've got a few reports of Lore breaking DCL traps. Also let me know which patch(es) you use for Lore. I think the DD one may be the issue, and I'm testing it with the struggle patch only. I'm waiting to finish the DCL quest arc before deciding if mine are working or not.

7 hours ago, zarantha said:

If you do try this, let me know if you run into issues with DCL traps. We've got a few reports of Lore breaking DCL traps. Also let me know which patch(es) you use for Lore. I think the DD one may be the issue, and I'm testing it with the struggle patch only. I'm waiting to finish the DCL quest arc before deciding if mine are working or not.

Which traps? You mean literal traps like on chests and doors when you disable them and still have a chance to trigger DCL? Or just when a container is "trapped" and triggers generically?

23 minutes ago, unmog said:

Which traps? You mean literal traps like on chests and doors when you disable them and still have a chance to trigger DCL? Or just when a container is "trapped" and triggers generically?

Just generic DCL traps when opening containers and doors, not the actual traps where you need a lockpick to remove.

In my eternal quest to get Devious Devices to work in Skyrim SE, I resorted to Bash. This was listed as a tool in Vortex, but wasn't linked to anything. I assume installation failed because of Windows file protection. I finally got it installed and working, but it is hideously esoteric and full of dark mysteries I wot not of.  Bash reports an Older Plugin Record Version for my DD plugins, which is apparently what keeps them from working. I have no idea what that means nor what to do about it.  Can someone please help me?

bash record.jpg

9 minutes ago, Faustling said:

In my eternal quest to get Devious Devices to work in Skyrim SE, I resorted to Bash. This was listed as a tool in Vortex, but wasn't linked to anything. I assume installation failed because of Windows file protection. I finally got it installed and working, but it is hideously esoteric and full of dark mysteries I wot not of.  Bash reports an Older Plugin Record Version for my DD plugins, which is apparently what keeps them from working. I have no idea what that means nor what to do about it.  Can someone please help me?

Ignore the older plugin warning. Form 43 works just fine in SE, it is not what is keeping you from using the mod.

Have you got a better description of the issue than 'not working'?  No one can help you unless you describe the issue.

Review the troubleshooting post for known issues.

16 minutes ago, Faustling said:

Vortex wants me to drag DD to a different mod to show dependency. It doesn't say which one. It also claims that Devious Devices SE & VR 5.1 was designed for a different game, not Skyrim SE.

Designed for a different game is Vortex's version of the Form 43 warning. Ignore it, form 43 works just fine in SE.

That icon is optional. Click the icon instead of hovering over it. You'll get more information. If you got it installed, you have the dependencies you need, that's just offering set up a rule for what mod loads first.

You don't need to define rules for DD.

image.thumb.png.339002336c8cbca7013ab706884231c1.png

Example of rules automatically generated for FNIS output:

image.png.62fec4f6990df933b9051666e032e1be.png

Click the lightning bolt to resolve conflicts. If you've got old versions of DD or patches for old versions of DD, remove them.

The lightning bolt reveals two conflicts with ZaZ, textures for the MetalLock01. Vortex suggest I load DD after ZaZ, but it was there already.

I don't know if it's related in any way, but Paradise Halls includes a remake of Lakeview Manor, and Alternate Start plunked me down there as the owner. I wondered why there was a vampire in the basement and it was crowded with prison cells, but at some point, it disappeared, leaving a big empty space (which I wasted no time refurbishing), but pahe_lakeview_manor.esp is still in the plugins. Probably, some stuff got overwritten, though I have since reinstalled DD a couple times without any conflicts.

Anyway, I can still access all the DD stuff with console commands, I just can't construct any of it, "path broken".

On 4/5/2021 at 6:23 PM, zarantha said:

No, the patch I included in the installer in the core folder, so everyone should have it.

image.png.a8c6119b066530d1c7e5d108cdec0f0e.png

Shouldn't matter if it's on the armor (scriptinstances objects) or not, just the armor addon should be all that was needed.

Boots are fine without the straitjacket, so it's a priority issue. There's too many combinations to make sure everything works together from what I understand on the priority discussion on the LE thread.

Which means: I can try to fix it for that combo on the next version, but I might break it for something else.

That might be the case but the straightjacket I had doesn't even have slot 38 so I don't see how there could be any conflicts for that combination. If an armor doesn't cover a certain bodypart, it shouldn't occupy a slot for it. That's a typical example of bad slot assignment. The dresses probably need to cover slot 38 to avoid clipping, but that's it.

20 hours ago, Elsidia said:

There is two solutions for this problem: simple and bad or difficult and probably good or very good.

1) simple and bad:  remove from that boots armor addon calves and remove in outfit studio partition calves from this boot. No more cutting calves. But those boots will be visible through straitjacket dress and clipping.

2) difficult and probably good or very good: rework all dd items priority, all other mods custom dd items priority what they use and avoid disappearing necessary parts in different combinations.

Example you need higher priority for dresses (default all body items 20) as boots (default 5 or 6) and lower priority as boots for straitjackets. But not too low as other dd items and default body priority (i don't know what is default body priority) As example simple solution is add to that straitjacket priority 5 (6 is for pony boots) and then boots will be visible. And hope that this straitjacket dress not have less priority to lost part if another instance is equipped. As example. other boots that havent calves then you will be without calves. In theory you can raise those boots pony boots priority to 8 (????) and straitjacket to 7.

Anyway it will be hard work to combine different priorities to make it work 100% correct.

UPD: green part correct my words.

UPD2: At first sight nothing is broke if you use jacket priority 5 - boots are visible and calves too (but i not test many diferent combinations: only: naked straijacket without boots, with pony boots and with ballet boots. Also if you have on device hidder corsets not see too - i disable a corset hider in that picture):

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot26.jpg.bd49ee399f41c6cc2954df438dbdc999.jpg

ScreenShot27.jpg.54e8d6125f3f09667d79a8394269a493.jpg

I might as well use option 1 because I reload when I get a bondage dress, but it depends on how difficult option 2 is. Can I change the priority in xEdit?

1 hour ago, Intronacious said:

Can I change the priority in xEdit?

yes. This is in armor addon section. I put example on what i tested. I not change DD itself but use SE zarantha patch. because there is two: original and patched:

Spoiler

Clipboard.jpg.70c1b9f900d10ded1f5e798fae20b237.jpg

2 hours ago, Intronacious said:

That might be the case but the straightjacket I had doesn't even have slot 38

Straijacket uses body slot 32 and wihout naked body your body will be invisible. But naked body have calves 38 (red in picture) That means if body don't have biped slot calves 38 then when you are without boots and in straijacket you will be missing calves - there will be gap between feets and legs. In theory you can remove calves partition from cbbe body and make this as body part. Also then you can remove from straitjacket armor addon calves biped slot 38 and there no gaps. Also pony boots then doesn't need change a priority because straitjacket not have calves but pony boots use own calves and cover body part of calves. In theory it can work but there can be problems with some boots what not cover all part of calves but still have calves biped slot.

UpD: probably then boots will be clipping with naked body because those don't have a calves, and have priority. Then game will draw all naked body with part where are calves too. And then ponyboots will draw own calves and in one place we have naked leg and pony boots texture. if texture is small there will be clipping naked body.  If straitjacket have calves and lower priority as pony boots, then body calves not draw and instead use calves from pony boots alone.

Spoiler

Clipboard.jpg.4a3755e35d6fe1bcf90bf56a3a0cf820.jpg

Hi dunno if this is a known problem, but the furniture seems to stick with npcs on release. They seem to be walking around with it.

Sorry search wasn´t succesfull. Have seen someone reporting about it in the old devious devices contraptions thread but he said he fiddled around with some scripts which i would rather nozt do :)