SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

All my ports are 43, and I followed the instructions do this, this must ... and eventually concluded that none of it mattered. I ported some of the most demanding mods like Onean, I succeeded because I did not adhere to these rules set by someone there.

here's a nexus someone already wrote that doesn't work SE...and now you read the comments and you come to the wrong conclusion.

4 minutes ago, WandererZero said:

Re-Saving the ESP to update it from 43 to 44 is not strictly necessary for most mods. In fact, in most cases...it should be a last resort.

What matters when converting an oldrim mod to SSE? The following:

• BSA Files.
  • NIFs.
  • Textures.
  • Animations.

These matter far far more than whether the ESP is flagged as a 43 or 44. The above, left unconverted will crash your game in some cases (such as a BSA from Oldrim, which will CTD you instantly) or cause you to experience weird line of sight crashing (bad meshes or a bad texture)...

My recommendation to folks wanting to convert stuff is: Cathedral Assets Optimizer and NIF Optimizer 3.0.7. These two, once you learn about how to use them....will do most of the heavy lifting for you in terms of converting oldrim mods to SSE.

The Followers Can Craft mod have worked, but I had to unpack the BSA and let the files loose.

However, the mod have a conflict with CACO, in that when I select the follower to use the alchemy lab, it calls the CACO prompt and then my character uses the station, instead of the follower.

I searched the LE nexus for a patch, but didnt find any.

37 minutes ago, Wolfstorm321 said:

The Followers Can Craft mod have worked, but I had to unpack the BSA and let the files loose.

However, the mod have a conflict with CACO, in that when I select the follower to use the alchemy lab, it calls the CACO prompt and then my character uses the station, instead of the follower.

I searched the LE nexus for a patch, but didnt find any.

also works with CACO, I don't know if you installed?  Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch CACO  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19518?tab=files

Just now, Kokan said:

also works with CACO, I don't know if you installed?  Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch CACO  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19518?tab=files

I have the USSEP-CACO patch. I was talking about this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23690 which I saved in CK and now works in SSE.

When I ask the follower to use the alchemy lab, it shows CACO prompt, then my character uses it, instead of the follower.

12 hours ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

I don't see a problem here, it may even help to keep the post more easy to maintain (as there are some mods listed 2-3 times).

I have some tooling that really helps me out - the whole post is generated automatically, all I have to do is update info about each mod. It takes far longer to go through my assorted sources looking for changes than it does to actually update the list. The when I do an update I run the generator and copy/paste the output into my post.

And listing multiple times is intentional. I do it for a few mods that really seem like they should be in more than one place. Which to me is even more reason to do away with the sections.

I would keep some categories tho, like mods that rely on a specific SKSE version,

Yup.

the animation packs category with the tag table is really useful.

Yup.

Then you could list mods by the status (stable, beta, buggy, convertable and so on). That way each thread could have its own purpose (want a specific mod: check the index, want to know the status of a certain mod: check here).

Yup.

11 hours ago, WandererZero said:

But, for the love of all that's holy, don't do away with the color coding.

image.png.daa17a0e007a0ab5e2107b2dcd2b9fac.png

I love this kind of at a glance ability to see if somethings working or not. I'd hate to lose it.

Definitely. I'm just talking about getting rid of the "Creatures" and "Consensual" and whatnot categories - everything else stays more or less as it is now. Well, except maybe the major SexLab, Animations, and Body categories, I still like those.

Re "it's my thread": Well yeah, I know that, I can do whatever I want with. But I didn't make it entirely for myself. If people want the categories then I'll keep them, but so far (a) it sounds like people commenting don't have strong feelings for keeping them, and (b) I think the Index does a better job of it, and I'm definitely not going to step on Xonder's toes by trying to improve mine. Index for categories and Conversion Tracking for conversion status makes sense to me.

So it's sounding like I'll get rid of them, then. ?

While I'm here, preview of the changes I'll make (so far) for Sunday's update:

Animal SOS SE has a separate download page

- Naked Dungeons will get back the note about converting the meshes and not the ESP

- SexLab Disparity doesn't have the XPMSE checks anymore so it no longer needs any script edits

edit:

Just now, tasairis said:
On 11/8/2019 at 7:36 AM, tasairis said:

Uh oh. It seems like the November CC Preview is out.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/7wkHimd49RotoGiX74aOL/fallout-4-skyrim-november-featured-mods-2019

(swords, umbrellas, and a spectral dragon pet)

The update was supposed to signal that the game will get an update soon...

Wait wait wait, I may have misunderstood this...

"Featured community mods". The mods already exist.

3 minutes ago, tasairis said:

Oh boy. The one thing nobody asked for: another unnecessary binary update that breaks EVERYTHING.

Well, my exe is backed up, and things are fine and stable. I have no intention of updating anything any time soon.

14 hours ago, yeah758 said:

That was no way a criticism of that thread. If you took it as such I apologize. I was just using it as an example. I am greatly appreciative of the work you put into it and besides it is your thread and you can do what you want in it. 

Don't worry, I didn't see it as criticism. I've just acknowledged the issue that comes with the spoiler tags and decided to do something about it.

31 minutes ago, WandererZero said:

Oh boy. The one thing nobody asked for: another unnecessary binary update that breaks EVERYTHING.

Well, my exe is backed up, and things are fine and stable. I have no intention of updating anything any time soon.

With any luck it'll be last the last update: no significant change to the binary, then the SKSE team and modders only have to change version number checks.

Well that BLOWS.
Set to update when launched... through steam...I launch through vortex. Lets see... the new additions look like trash save for that dragon. Still won't buy it as I don't want it.

the FO4 ones... trash.  I could never finish F04... it was just that bad

On 11/7/2019 at 4:48 PM, tasairis said:

Given that there's a SexLab Index for Special Edition (only recently found it, sorry @Xonder23), how would people feel about me removing categories entirely? I've never liked doing it - I'd rather just list everything alphabetically, grouped by conversion status. Thoughts?

May I suggest: - Keep the Colour status, seperate the offsite stuff. Otherwise as you wish, ?

On 11/8/2019 at 7:36 AM, tasairis said:

Uh oh. It seems like the November CC Preview is out.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/7wkHimd49RotoGiX74aOL/fallout-4-skyrim-november-featured-mods-2019

(swords, umbrellas, and a spectral dragon pet)

Wait wait wait, I may have misunderstood this...

"Featured community mods". The mods already exist.

On 11/8/2019 at 8:41 AM, sfdrake said:

the new additions look like trash save for that dragon

the "Spectral Dragon" is already in skyrim/dragonborn, you can even summon them with Hentai Creatures (the wrath spell will randomly spawn one)

1 hour ago, Bullfye said:

Hi there .. Been searching in your files for the Middle girl !

Do you know where can I find it or if possible share it over PM please !

yes that's my character, but also follower mod, i can give you race menu preset, bodyslider and follower mod

Also toned down the colors a bit.