SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

2 hours ago, yeah758 said:

Slaver's Retreat SSE conversion. I ran it through CAO and it seems to work. Post #55 has the conversion. 

If there is a stable version of ZAP 8+ for SSE ist will work for shure.  you only have to repac the bsa in the new format. But I do know nothing about this case. If you would upload a conversion you get my permission.

2 hours ago, sfdrake said:

I've had wryebrush do that, I've had a combination of Vortex, Loot and Wrye delete the esp file too.....

Man this sucks ass,I put all that work into modding just to have the mod manager disable them.Well this is what im gonna do is load all my mods agin an just launch skyrim from the desktop fuck nexus.An i tryed Vortex but when it comes down to all that plugin swaping,an merging an deployment fuck that,give me something simple so i can enjoy my game.

6 hours ago, yeah758 said:

I think that is a great idea. Just please no spoiler tags, like Sexlab index,  so you can still use Ctrl F to find stuff.

I've decided to address the issue by replacing most spoiler tags with quotes. This should make it possible to search for mods using CTRL+F without having to expand anything while the overall look of the thread stays the same. If there are any other concerns regarding the index feel free to post them there.

9 hours ago, tasairis said:

Given that there's a SexLab Index for Special Edition (only recently found it, sorry @Xonder23), how would people feel about me removing categories entirely? I've never liked doing it - I'd rather just list everything alphabetically, grouped by conversion status. Thoughts?

I don't see a problem here, it may even help to keep the post more easy to maintain (as there are some mods listed 2-3 times). I would keep some categories tho, like mods that rely on a specific SKSE version, the animation packs category with the tag table is really useful. Then you could list mods by the status (stable, beta, buggy, convertable and so on). That way each thread could have its own purpose (want a specific mod: check the index, want to know the status of a certain mod: check here).

10 hours ago, tasairis said:

I've never liked doing it - I'd rather just list everything alphabetically, grouped by conversion status. Thoughts?

It's your thread, so of course...you should do what ya want. However, allow me to put my $0.02 in here, and say: the categories in the conversion tracker are beneficial, but the real meat of it all are the colored status elements. I get why you'd want to just do it alphabetically. It's less of a time investment, and easier to maintain. I tend to do a CTRL-F for stuff anyway.

But, for the love of all that's holy, don't do away with the color coding.

image.png.daa17a0e007a0ab5e2107b2dcd2b9fac.png

I love this kind of at a glance ability to see if somethings working or not. I'd hate to lose it.

1 hour ago, Wolfstorm321 said:

I re-saved this mod in CK, but it didnt work:

Re-Saving the ESP to update it from 43 to 44 is not strictly necessary for most mods. In fact, in most cases...it should be a last resort.

What matters when converting an oldrim mod to SSE? The following:

• BSA Files.
  • NIFs.
  • Textures.
  • Animations.

These matter far far more than whether the ESP is flagged as a 43 or 44. The above, left unconverted will crash your game in some cases (such as a BSA from Oldrim, which will CTD you instantly) or cause you to experience weird line of sight crashing (bad meshes or a bad texture)...

My recommendation to folks wanting to convert stuff is: Cathedral Assets Optimizer and NIF Optimizer 3.0.7. These two, once you learn about how to use them....will do most of the heavy lifting for you in terms of converting oldrim mods to SSE.

24 minutes ago, WandererZero said:

My recommendation to folks wanting to convert stuff is: Cathedral Assets Optimizer and NIF Optimizer 3.0.7. These two, once you learn about how to use them....will do most of the heavy lifting for you in terms of converting oldrim mods to SSE.

Loved it, how you mentioned Nif Optimizer 3.0.7