SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

2 hours ago, McLude said:

Sexlab Adventures is marked convertible (purple) but the file page says SE compatible. I installed as-is and it seems to be working fine except there is no free camera during sex scenes.

Just a general warning about mods being marked SE compatible on their main pages:

The "Special Edition Compatible" line at the bottom of the File Information panel should say either Yes or No. If it says nothing - as is the case with SL Adventures - it simply means the author didn't fill in that field when uploading the mod. (This has been reported as an issue in the site feedback topic right up at the top of the home page.) So there are lots of files that, at a glance, appear to be marked as SE compatible when they may very well not be.

11 minutes ago, McLude said:

Oops, guess I got lucky. I'm surprised it worked so well without conversion.

Amorous adventures is just scripts. As long as the dependencies work, you will not have any problems. But for other mods it is the question, if there is anything that has to be changed or converted. Nifs, textures, animations and so on. 

On 5/7/2018 at 4:43 AM, y0l000 said:

Thank you very much it finally worked. Didn't read the "all the basic porting stuff" part in your first comment ahah.

This is more of a question for the whole group involved in conversion, not just @y0l000.

I use many converted mods, some I did myself, though most came from the efforts of others here and elsewhere, and I've yet to see the ESP/ESM form conversion step actually be necessary for stability/functionality.  Not once.  @y0l000, was this the only step that was preventing your converted mod or were there others?  I'm not trying to start an argument with anyone, I just honestly want to know if this single step actually has had some affect on anyone's game stability.  I have 56 ESM/ESP with unconverted form types.  I want to know if one or more of these are ticking timebombs of some kind.

22 minutes ago, 4nik8tor said:

This is more of a question for the whole group involved in conversion, not just @y0l000.

I use many converted mods, some I did myself, though most came from the efforts of others here and elsewhere, and I've yet to see the ESP/ESM form conversion step actually be necessary for stability/functionality.  Not once.  @y0l000, was this the only step that was preventing your converted mod or were there others?  I'm not trying to start an argument with anyone, I just honestly want to know if this single step actually has had some affect on anyone's game stability.  I have 56 ESM/ESP with unconverted form types.  I want to know if one or more of these are ticking timebombs of some kind.

Some say yes, some say no, I say no, but if you feel better with it....

From experience I can say if it works, it works. If it breaks it will break no matter what header it has. 

'touching' it may break it also. As long as I don't find any mod that really depends on the change, I don't touch it.

54 minutes ago, 4nik8tor said:

It's 99% likely they're safe: there are a number of SSE mods that use form 43 or 40 or even earlier and Skyrim doesn't mind. In fact if you look through some records in the official ESMs you'll see some are different. It's a version number that tells the engine the structure of the record's binary data in the file, so long as the engine understands each version (which it appears to) then 44 or older is fine.

But I do it, and tell people to do it, because that gives Creation Kit a chance to do other stuff, like find and fix problems, or do some work with facegen textures that I suspect are beneficial. It's also the official tool for modding, so if it does things when saving old mods like upgrade form versions then I believe there is a reason for it and thus it should be done.

7 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

Some say yes, some say no, I say no, but if you feel better with it....

From experience I can say if it works, it works. If it breaks it will break no matter what header it has. 

'touching' it may break it also. As long as I don't find any mod that really depends on the change, I don't touch it.

7 hours ago, tasairis said:

It's 99% likely they're safe: there are a number of SSE mods that use form 43 or 40 or even earlier and Skyrim doesn't mind. In fact if you look through some records in the official ESMs you'll see some are different. It's a version number that tells the engine the structure of the record's binary data in the file, so long as the engine understands each version (which it appears to) then 44 or older is fine.

But I do it, and tell people to do it, because that gives Creation Kit a chance to do other stuff, like find and fix problems, or do some work with facegen textures that I suspect are beneficial. It's also the official tool for modding, so if it does things when saving old mods like upgrade form versions then I believe there is a reason for it and thus it should be done.

Thanks for the clarification.

18 hours ago, TopBunMan said:

Don't think CBBE has a belly node, so I don't think there's any pregnant scaling for it? Unless, I'm wrong and I've missed something.

CBBE SE does not have a belly node. Pregnancy scaling won't work for CBBE SE until RaceMenu morphs are working in SE. If you ported the Oldrim CBBE you should be fine. Oldrim CBBE has the belly node. UNP variants for SE also have the belly node.

What does this mean?

Skyrim SE Creation Kit HavokBehaviorPostProcess tool
-----------------------------------------------------------------

HavokBehaviorPostProcess.exe is a tool to upgrade havok animation files (*.HKX) files for use with Skyrim Special Edition.

File Usage :  HavokBehaviorPostProcess.exe --platformamd64 inputfile.hkx outputfile.hkx

A sample windows batch file has been supplied to batch process your assets.

Convert Behavior .hkx files? It can't be a STUPID question since I'm asking it.

12 minutes ago, Claysson2 said:

What does this mean?

Skyrim SE Creation Kit HavokBehaviorPostProcess tool
-----------------------------------------------------------------

HavokBehaviorPostProcess.exe is a tool to upgrade havok animation files (*.HKX) files for use with Skyrim Special Edition.

File Usage :  HavokBehaviorPostProcess.exe --platformamd64 inputfile.hkx outputfile.hkx

A sample windows batch file has been supplied to batch process your assets.

Convert Behavior .hkx files? It can't be a STUPID question since I'm asking it.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2970

And yeah, far as I can tell it converts behavior files too.

1 hour ago, znaroks said:

The oldrim hunterborn converts nicely to SSE. There is a sse version on nexus, however it's without MCM and a couple of features and the mod author doesn't seem to be interested to make a full version for SSE.

It's a must have mod for immersion IMHO

any tips on how to port it? I'm really a noob concerning that, and I want hunterborn to use the skinned mesh proposed by hunter in skyrim which current se version of hunterborn doesn't allow....

And on another subject, for those using hdtHighHeels, the one from the chinese website, here's the mcm translation file for it to show properly in the MCM:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15__hiZJh_9dETVf0l6afgsXEcWPLa_Q5

1 hour ago, znaroks said:

The oldrim hunterborn converts nicely to SSE. There is a sse version on nexus, however it's without MCM and a couple of features and the mod author doesn't seem to be interested to make a full version for SSE.

It's a must have mod for immersion IMHO

The mod author does have a sticky post saying they are working on SKSE/MCM support for the mod, but that they are busy and it will take them some time. They even restated their intent to do so in the comments later in October.

36 minutes ago, LeFlemard said:

any tips on how to port it? I'm really a noob concerning that, and I want hunterborn to use the skinned mesh proposed by hunter in skyrim which current se version of hunterborn doesn't allow....

All I did was resave the .esp in the CK and use SSE NIF Optimizer on the meshes folder. Nothing else needs converting.

27 minutes ago, fringecosmos said:

The mod author does have a sticky post saying they are working on SKSE/MCM support for the mod, but that they are busy and it will take them some time. They even restated their intent to do so in the comments later in October.

The mod is made by a single guy AFAIK, and he did state that he is working on it but that can take a long time or never happen at all. The guy said he is done with the mods features.

Theres simply no point to wait, if you can just convert the original mod.

12 minutes ago, iN7xus said:

Hey can anyone send me please a working DDi and DDx version to download...

I dont get it to work :frown:

( I always get the T pose "bug")

When you ran FNIS after installing, did you check the top two boxes before running it? I've accidentally ran it before without one checked and it does that for me.