22 hours ago, Musje said:

I agree, that might be a nice feature. It might be better to implement this in HSH though, I will have a stab at it when I have some time again (and when I get this mod working properly :) )

In my working version I've implemented a feature where the player can set a marker and send his/her captures there.  (Only tested it  with `unique' actor and while player is in same cell so not sure how well it will work in general...)
Now they just hang around there. If a hand over to HSH could happen that would indeed be nice. 

Have the victim send some sort of mod-event when ready to become HSH controlled ?

With respect to the bugs you encountered:

I do call zbf's ApplyAllModifiers on the victim when the capture effect ends (around the time they get up). Perhaps this is what is causing restraints to not show up.

Your log fragment shows:

[07/22/2019 - 12:10:07AM] error: Unbound native function "FormHasKeywordString" called
[07/22/2019 - 12:10:07AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp7"
stack:
    [alias PlayerRef on quest zadDevicesUnderneathQuest (18041472)].zadDevicesUnderneathPlayerScript.Logic() - "zadDevicesUnderneathPlayerScript.psc" Line 17
    [alias PlayerRef on quest zadDevicesUnderneathQuest (18041472)].zadDevicesUnderneathPlayerScript.OnObjectEquipped() - "zadDevicesUnderneathPlayerScript.psc" Line 48

This seems to be is where ZAZ checks whether it should hide a device? So it seems likely related to the device not showing. (Actually not sure how this works eg cannot find the "NoHide" keyword it looks for.)

Perhaps the issues is that  FormHasKeywordString (from zadNativeFunctions) it not (correctly) set/implemented in SKSE for SE/ZAZ9alpha?
thus leading to !FormHasKeywordString(akArmor as Form, "NoHide") getting the wrong value?

wrt CTD on NPC capture...not sure will need to think on what could be causing that...
* After the paralyze - so the crawler (or cocoon if spider) is already equipped and visible?
* Does it also happen for the player or do they crawl to furniture correctly?   (assuming it progresses despite devices not showing).

6 minutes ago, MTB said:

In my working version I've implemented a feature where the player can set a marker and send his/her captures there.  (Only tested it  with `unique' actor and while player is in same cell so not sure how well it will work in general...)
Now they just hang around there. If a hand over to HSH could happen that would indeed be nice. 

Have the victim send some sort of mod-event when ready to become HSH controlled ?

That would be ideal; if HSH does not have to rely on any Chain Beasts script, this can be a soft dependency without the user having to select a patch when installing

So the sequence of transfer would be something like:

- HSH detects a Chain Beast captured NPC nearby a camp or home cell

- HSH freezes the NPC and issues a Mod Event, which triggers Chain Beasts to release the NPC

- HSH onboards the NPC as a slave

I would just need to know which event to send and how I can detect a Chain Beast captured NPC (faction, effect, something in the inventory?)

6 minutes ago, MTB said:

With respect to the bugs you encountered:

I do call zbf's ApplyAllModifiers on the victim when the capture effect ends (around the time they get up). Perhaps this is what is causing restraints to not show up.

Your log fragment shows:

[07/22/2019 - 12:10:07AM] error: Unbound native function "FormHasKeywordString" called
[07/22/2019 - 12:10:07AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp7"
stack:
    [alias PlayerRef on quest zadDevicesUnderneathQuest (18041472)].zadDevicesUnderneathPlayerScript.Logic() - "zadDevicesUnderneathPlayerScript.psc" Line 17
    [alias PlayerRef on quest zadDevicesUnderneathQuest (18041472)].zadDevicesUnderneathPlayerScript.OnObjectEquipped() - "zadDevicesUnderneathPlayerScript.psc" Line 48

This seems to be is where ZAZ checks whether it should hide a device? So it seems likely related to the device not showing. (Actually not sure how this works eg cannot find the "NoHide" keyword it looks for.)

Perhaps the issues is that  FormHasKeywordString (from zadNativeFunctions) it not (correctly) set/implemented in SKSE for SE/ZAZ9alpha?
thus leading to !FormHasKeywordString(akArmor as Form, "NoHide") getting the wrong value?

wrt CTD on NPC capture...not sure will need to think on what could be causing that...
* After the paralyze - so the crawler (or cocoon if spider) is already equipped and visible?
* Does it also happen for the player or do they crawl to furniture correctly?   (assuming it progresses despite devices not showing).

On the NPC nothing is visible, the CTD happens as soon as the paralyse effect disappears.

For the  player, the set of chains appears for a short moment and then disappears, with the message "xxx was unequiped" or something like that. There is no furniture nearby, I tested this with mines.

I'll try this on Skyrim LE first, so I can at least see what to expect :) After that I can look in detail into the SE version. Has anyone else reported problems with this version?

I may be able to slip ZAP 8 into SE, run up a new game, and try again. Just dont want to break my current install.

29 minutes ago, Musje said:

That would be ideal; if HSH does not have to rely on any Chain Beasts script, this can be a soft dependency without the user having to select a patch when installing

So the sequence of transfer would be something like:

- HSH detects a Chain Beast captured NPC nearby a camp or home cell

- HSH freezes the NPC and issues a Mod Event, which triggers Chain Beasts to release the NPC

- HSH onboards the NPC as a slave

I would just need to know which event to send and how I can detect a Chain Beast captured NPC (faction, effect, something in the inventory?)

I'll try this on Skyrim LE first, so I can at least see what to expect :) After that I can look in detail into the SE version. Has anyone else reported problems with this version?

To find player captured victims you could check for:  SCB_CaptureByPlayerFaction  (Can that be done without making SCB esm a hard dependency?)
(Side note: An NPC with rank X in this faction also occupies alias Victim00X on the quest SCB_CapturedByPlayerQuest...I could add a keyword to these aliases if that allows detection without hard dependency. )

Will need to add the event yet; I only have events to summon a beast or start the `player caged quest' so far. 

How about "SCB_ReleaseVictim" sent by the actor that is to be released. If a callback is needed the name of the event to send could be included as the string argument.

For latest SE version I only recall one CTDs report that seems to have been solved by reducing system load (#installed mods or animations.)

(But I have missed some in the pile of issues I created by incorrectly packing v0.2.5 for LE.)

31 minutes ago, MTB said:

To find player captured victims you could check for:  SCB_CaptureByPlayerFaction  (Can that be done without making SCB esm a hard dependency?)
(Side note: An NPC with rank X in this faction also occupies alias Victim00X on the quest SCB_CapturedByPlayerQuest...I could add a keyword to these aliases if that allows detection without hard dependency. )

Will need to add the event yet; I only have events to summon a beast or start the `player caged quest' so far. 

How about "SCB_ReleaseVictim" sent by the actor that is to be released. If a callback is needed the name of the event to send could be included as the string argument.

Sounds good!

I can check factions without making Chain Beasts a hard dependency :) That's by far the easiest option.

17 hours ago, Musje said:

Sounds good!

I can check factions without making Chain Beasts a hard dependency :) That's by far the easiest option.

Ok, added the event (without testing). Attached updated files of my working version vs 0.2.6 (LE version) for quick testing.

Currently I don't clone/add the actor when captured by beasts so it still needs `PAHCore.Capture()' called on it - is there some way of obtaining the cloned actor that Capture creates?  Easiest way I can see would be if Capture returned this actor (or whatever AddSlave returned instead of not returning anything) but that would require adapting PAHCore script and thus likely needing to recompile scripts that depend on it (even if just to prevent log spam-returning something when Nothing is expected should not really break anything).

But perhaps there is already a way and I'm just not seeing it?

Testupdate-over-v0.2.6.7z

I'm having some problems.  The gear return option doesn't return my gear (and I had a lot!)

Also the beasts aren't subduing or chaining anyone, and the crawling won't start unless I use the MCM to start it.  How exactly does this mod work?  I was trying to test it with the beasts by the blue palace.  They can attack me and strip me of my items (despite me trying to turn that off in the MCM) and even knock me over.  But they never chain me or add any devices.  They sometimes add 1 device to npcs (usually a collar) and nothing else.

Speaking of npcs, despite setting the MCM to have only the player as a target, NPCs are still getting attacked regardless of gender.

I want this mod to work because it looks cool, but nothing is happening except me losing all my gear.

Finally, when I try to ride the spiders, it just looks like a normal mount.  Is it supposed to look different?  Am I missing something?

(Playing LE with MO2 as my mod manager if info is needed.  Yes I ran FNIS, yes I sorted the load order, and yes I handled the bodyslide data as instructed.)

Load order if needed:  Maybe there's a conflict or requirement I missed?

Spoiler

0  0     Skyrim.esm
  1  1     Update.esm
  2  2     Dawnguard.esm
  3  3     HearthFires.esm
  4  4     Dragonborn.esm
  5  5     Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
  6  6     hdtHighHeel.esm
  7  7     ApachiiHair.esm
  8  8     ApachiiHairFemales.esm
  9  9     ApachiiHairMales.esm
 10  a     RaceCompatibility.esm
 11  b     SexLab.esm
 12  c     SexLabAroused.esm
 13  d     Devious Devices - Assets.esm
 14  e     Devious Devices - Integration.esm
 15  f     ZaZAnimationPack.esm
 16 10     Apachii_DivineEleganceStore.esm
 17 11     Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
 18 12     CreatureFramework.esm
 19 13     Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
 20 14     Heels Sound.esm
 21 15     SkyrimChainBeasts.esm
 22 16     Vampire Slavers Den v2.0.esm
 23 17     FNIS.esp
 24 18     SkyUI.esp
 25 19     XPMSE.esp
 26 1a     RaceMenuMimic.esp
 27 1b     Brows.esp
 28 1c     REP_Tattoos.esp
 29 1d     EyesFix.esp
 30 1e     Merta Assassin Tattoos.esp
 31 1f     Animated Dragon Wings.esp
 32 20     BanneredMareImmersiveSexualPlayground.esp
 33 21     sewerrats.esp
 34 22     UBWRe.esp
 35 23     Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package.esp
 36 24     Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp
 37 25     ParticleField.esp
 38 26     Deviously Cursed Loot.esp
 39 27     Fachry Raven the Titan Follower.esp
 40 28     SkyrimChainBeastsIntegration.esp
 41 29     EtR_HearthfireDungeonAddon.esp
 42 2a     SexLab-Parasites.esp
 43 2b     Apachii_DivineEleganceStore_Patch.esp
 44 2c     MoreNastyCritters.esp
 45 2d     KillCurse.esp
 46 2e     Killable Lootable Children for Hearthfires.esp
 47 2f     RavenCastle.esp
 48 30     Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
 49 31     SOS - Shop.esp
 50 32     LairOfDarkness.esp
 51 33     DarkEnvoy.esp
 52 34     Harry Potter Spells.esp
 53 35     SummonVampireCattle.esp
 54 36     SuccubusRaceLite.esp
 55 37     Merta Assassin Armor.esp
 56 38     MoonWitch.esp
 57 39     RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp
 58 3a     FNIS_PCEA2.esp
 59 3b     VioLens.esp
 60 3c     FNISSexyMove.esp
 61 3d     RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
 62 3e     CROSS_Crucible.esp
 63 3f     Warlock axe Nexus.esp
 64 40     Masamune.esp
 65 41     SL Deadly Drain.esp
 66 42     SexLab Aroused Creatures.esp
 67 43     Apropos2.esp
 68 44     zzEstrus.esp
 69 45     TweaksMagicTouchCrafting.esp
 70 46     SLAnimLoader.esp
 71 47     Private Needs Discreet.esp
 72 48     DLSkyrim.esp
 73 49     ShadowSpellPackage.esp
 74 4a     SexLabDefeat.esp
 75 4b     UIExtensions.esp
 76 4c     SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
 77 4d     MikanEyes All in one.esp
 78 4e     SlaveTats.esp
 79 4f     SLALAnimObj.esp
 80 50     SLALAnimObjBillyy.esp
 81 51     no_guard_warning_after_shouts.esp
 82 52     Random Vampire Attacks in Towns Disabled.esp
 83 53     RaceMenu.esp
 84 54     RaceMenuPlugin.esp
 85 55     DW.esp
 86 56     [COCO]ms_shirt.esp
 87 57     LindsMerEyes.esp
 88 58     Tempest.esp
 89 59     TeraSuccubusArmor.esp
 90 5a     C5Kev's Animated Tentacle Parasite Armor.esp
 91 5b     Rayg_NoBYOHAttacks.esp
 92 5c     ColdharbourDaedra.esp
 93 5d     Fachry ZONE-tan Follower.esp
 94 5e     Daedric Chainmail CBBE.esp
 95 5f     SGEyebrows.esp
 96 60     Real Flying.esp
 97 61     SuccubusRaceRealFlyingPatch.esp
 98 62     AddItemMenuLE.esp
 99 63     C5Kev's Sexy Bondage Armor CBBE.esp
100 64     C5Kev's Sexy Spriggan Armor CBBE.esp
101 65     [dint]_NeirAutomataHDT.esp
102 66     Angelic_Demonic.esp
103 67     TERA-Masks.esp
104 68     [COCO]sexypunk.esp
105 69     [COCO]wedding_2B.esp
106 6a     [COCO]KDA_Ahri_Full.esp
107 6b     RaceChanger.esp
108 6c     mcgDwarvenDeviousCuirass.esp
109 6d     SummonWhiteSpider.esp
110 6e     SpaceWikingSpecialEffectFreyjaGems.esp
111 6f     Daedric Reaper Armor.esp
112 70     NewVampChainsCuirass.esp
113 71     _ImoMegane.esp
114 72     Colorful_Magic.esp
115 73     HentaiCreatures.esp
116 74     Za Warudo.esp
117 75     C5Kev's Animated Living Armor Colors CBBE.esp
118 76     Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp
119 77     Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp
120 78     DudestiaOutfitChanger.esp
121 79     Throwing_Weapons_Redux.esp
122 7a     SkyrimChainBeastsDB.esp
123 7b     Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
124 7c     Sacrosanct - Vampires of Skyrim.esp
125 7d     SexLab_Solutions.esp
126 7e     EstrusChaurus.esp
127 7f     SexLab Eager NPCs.esp
128 80     SCS_RacePatch_Succubus.esp
129 81     Deviously Cursed Loot LAL AddOn.esp
130 82     Bashed Patch, 0.esp

I had some progress with this :)

I made my own conversion from the latest LE version to SE, and this one doesn't crash when an NPC gets the chain beast on them. But the devices are still immediately taking off, both from the player and from NPCs.

I am testing using the "mine", does that make a difference?  The log is sort of suggesting that it is:

Spoiler

[07/25/2019 - 01:55:19PM] SCB verbose:    (Rabi,Chainbeast): Looking up device for bl = 4
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:19PM] SCB verbose:    (Rabi,Chainbeast): Equiping crawler
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:19PM] SCB info:       (Rabi,Chainbeast): start effect finished.
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:40PM] error: Unbound native function "FormHasKeywordString" called
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:40PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp7"
stack:
    [alias PlayerRef on quest zadDevicesUnderneathQuest (18041472)].zadDevicesUnderneathPlayerScript.OnObjectUnequipped() - "zadDevicesUnderneathPlayerScript.psc" Line 66
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:40PM] warning: Property PatronRef1 on script aygasworkdetectorscript attached to aygasWorkDetector (45012726) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:42PM] warning: Property PatronRef1 on script aygasworkdetectorscript attached to aygasWorkDetector (45012726) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:42PM] SCB info:       (Rabi,Chainbeast): Ending magic effect.
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:42PM] SCB info:       Now listening for movement keys
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:43PM] SCB info:       (Rabi,Chainbeast): Starting punishment with non-ridable attacker.
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:43PM] SCB verbose:    (Rabi): Starting quest [scb_punishmanagementscript <SCB_PunishManagementQuest (190189E8)>] towards [Actor < (FF0018D1)>] Slot 0
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:43PM] SCB info:       Started PMQ on player Rabi
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:44PM] SCB verbose:    [scb_punishmanagementscript <SCB_PunishManagementQuest (190189E8)>] reserved this quest
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:44PM] SCB verbose:    [scb_punishmanagementscript <SCB_PunishManagementQuest (190189E8)>] released this quest
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:44PM] SCB info:       (Rabi): No punishment options found for this victim.
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:44PM] SCB info:       Rabi,Chainbeast : Victim released from this beast

[07/25/2019 - 01:55:44PM] SCB info:       Rabi: Punishment has ended for this victim
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:44PM] SCB info:       Starting cloak management on Chainbeast

Why "no punishment options", and why is the player or NPC immediately released after capture.

What happens:

- character is paralyzed

- character get the chain beast thing

- character stands up

- character starts crawling for a second and the chain beast disappears immediately. In case of the player, there is an on screen message about this.

UPDATE:

When I attack an NPC with a summoned chain beast, they get paralyzed a couple times, then start crawling, and I can give them appropriate commands. But the chain beast still gets unequiped right away.

I also disabled all options in the Devices Underneath option in DD, because that messes things up sometimes (especially in SE, since the errors in the log about ZadHiderScript are from DD, not ZAP)

On 7/23/2019 at 6:00 PM, MTB said:

Ok, added the event (without testing). Attached updated files of my working version vs 0.2.6 (LE version) for quick testing.

Currently I don't clone/add the actor when captured by beasts so it still needs `PAHCore.Capture()' called on it - is there some way of obtaining the cloned actor that Capture creates?  Easiest way I can see would be if Capture returned this actor (or whatever AddSlave returned instead of not returning anything) but that would require adapting PAHCore script and thus likely needing to recompile scripts that depend on it (even if just to prevent log spam-returning something when Nothing is expected should not really break anything).

But perhaps there is already a way and I'm just not seeing it?

Testupdate-over-v0.2.6.7z 465.06 kB · 1 download

We can ask CliftonJD to have AddSlave return the slave :)  This will not affect existing function calls, the return value is simply ignored.

I had the exact same problem in And You Get a Slave, and I ended up copying part of the AddSlave function into my own code. Bad practise, but what can I do :)

On 7/24/2019 at 7:44 PM, Aki K said:

I'm having some problems.  The gear return option doesn't return my gear (and I had a lot!)

Also the beasts aren't subduing or chaining anyone, and the crawling won't start unless I use the MCM to start it.  How exactly does this mod work?  I was trying to test it with the beasts by the blue palace.  They can attack me and strip me of my items (despite me trying to turn that off in the MCM) and even knock me over.  But they never chain me or add any devices.  They sometimes add 1 device to npcs (usually a collar) and nothing else.

Speaking of npcs, despite setting the MCM to have only the player as a target, NPCs are still getting attacked regardless of gender.

I want this mod to work because it looks cool, but nothing is happening except me losing all my gear.

Finally, when I try to ride the spiders, it just looks like a normal mount.  Is it supposed to look different?  Am I missing something?

(Playing LE with MO2 as my mod manager if info is needed.  Yes I ran FNIS, yes I sorted the load order, and yes I handled the bodyslide data as instructed.)

Load order if needed:  Maybe there's a conflict or requirement I missed?

Reveal hidden contents

0  0     Skyrim.esm
  1  1     Update.esm
  2  2     Dawnguard.esm
  3  3     HearthFires.esm
  4  4     Dragonborn.esm
  5  5     Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
  6  6     hdtHighHeel.esm
  7  7     ApachiiHair.esm
  8  8     ApachiiHairFemales.esm
  9  9     ApachiiHairMales.esm
 10  a     RaceCompatibility.esm
 11  b     SexLab.esm
 12  c     SexLabAroused.esm
 13  d     Devious Devices - Assets.esm
 14  e     Devious Devices - Integration.esm
 15  f     ZaZAnimationPack.esm
 16 10     Apachii_DivineEleganceStore.esm
 17 11     Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
 18 12     CreatureFramework.esm
 19 13     Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
 20 14     Heels Sound.esm
 21 15     SkyrimChainBeasts.esm
 22 16     Vampire Slavers Den v2.0.esm
 23 17     FNIS.esp
 24 18     SkyUI.esp
 25 19     XPMSE.esp
 26 1a     RaceMenuMimic.esp
 27 1b     Brows.esp
 28 1c     REP_Tattoos.esp
 29 1d     EyesFix.esp
 30 1e     Merta Assassin Tattoos.esp
 31 1f     Animated Dragon Wings.esp
 32 20     BanneredMareImmersiveSexualPlayground.esp
 33 21     sewerrats.esp
 34 22     UBWRe.esp
 35 23     Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package.esp
 36 24     Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp
 37 25     ParticleField.esp
 38 26     Deviously Cursed Loot.esp
 39 27     Fachry Raven the Titan Follower.esp
 40 28     SkyrimChainBeastsIntegration.esp
 41 29     EtR_HearthfireDungeonAddon.esp
 42 2a     SexLab-Parasites.esp
 43 2b     Apachii_DivineEleganceStore_Patch.esp
 44 2c     MoreNastyCritters.esp
 45 2d     KillCurse.esp
 46 2e     Killable Lootable Children for Hearthfires.esp
 47 2f     RavenCastle.esp
 48 30     Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
 49 31     SOS - Shop.esp
 50 32     LairOfDarkness.esp
 51 33     DarkEnvoy.esp
 52 34     Harry Potter Spells.esp
 53 35     SummonVampireCattle.esp
 54 36     SuccubusRaceLite.esp
 55 37     Merta Assassin Armor.esp
 56 38     MoonWitch.esp
 57 39     RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp
 58 3a     FNIS_PCEA2.esp
 59 3b     VioLens.esp
 60 3c     FNISSexyMove.esp
 61 3d     RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
 62 3e     CROSS_Crucible.esp
 63 3f     Warlock axe Nexus.esp
 64 40     Masamune.esp
 65 41     SL Deadly Drain.esp
 66 42     SexLab Aroused Creatures.esp
 67 43     Apropos2.esp
 68 44     zzEstrus.esp
 69 45     TweaksMagicTouchCrafting.esp
 70 46     SLAnimLoader.esp
 71 47     Private Needs Discreet.esp
 72 48     DLSkyrim.esp
 73 49     ShadowSpellPackage.esp
 74 4a     SexLabDefeat.esp
 75 4b     UIExtensions.esp
 76 4c     SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
 77 4d     MikanEyes All in one.esp
 78 4e     SlaveTats.esp
 79 4f     SLALAnimObj.esp
 80 50     SLALAnimObjBillyy.esp
 81 51     no_guard_warning_after_shouts.esp
 82 52     Random Vampire Attacks in Towns Disabled.esp
 83 53     RaceMenu.esp
 84 54     RaceMenuPlugin.esp
 85 55     DW.esp
 86 56     [COCO]ms_shirt.esp
 87 57     LindsMerEyes.esp
 88 58     Tempest.esp
 89 59     TeraSuccubusArmor.esp
 90 5a     C5Kev's Animated Tentacle Parasite Armor.esp
 91 5b     Rayg_NoBYOHAttacks.esp
 92 5c     ColdharbourDaedra.esp
 93 5d     Fachry ZONE-tan Follower.esp
 94 5e     Daedric Chainmail CBBE.esp
 95 5f     SGEyebrows.esp
 96 60     Real Flying.esp
 97 61     SuccubusRaceRealFlyingPatch.esp
 98 62     AddItemMenuLE.esp
 99 63     C5Kev's Sexy Bondage Armor CBBE.esp
100 64     C5Kev's Sexy Spriggan Armor CBBE.esp
101 65     [dint]_NeirAutomataHDT.esp
102 66     Angelic_Demonic.esp
103 67     TERA-Masks.esp
104 68     [COCO]sexypunk.esp
105 69     [COCO]wedding_2B.esp
106 6a     [COCO]KDA_Ahri_Full.esp
107 6b     RaceChanger.esp
108 6c     mcgDwarvenDeviousCuirass.esp
109 6d     SummonWhiteSpider.esp
110 6e     SpaceWikingSpecialEffectFreyjaGems.esp
111 6f     Daedric Reaper Armor.esp
112 70     NewVampChainsCuirass.esp
113 71     _ImoMegane.esp
114 72     Colorful_Magic.esp
115 73     HentaiCreatures.esp
116 74     Za Warudo.esp
117 75     C5Kev's Animated Living Armor Colors CBBE.esp
118 76     Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp
119 77     Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp
120 78     DudestiaOutfitChanger.esp
121 79     Throwing_Weapons_Redux.esp
122 7a     SkyrimChainBeastsDB.esp
123 7b     Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
124 7c     Sacrosanct - Vampires of Skyrim.esp
125 7d     SexLab_Solutions.esp
126 7e     EstrusChaurus.esp
127 7f     SexLab Eager NPCs.esp
128 80     SCS_RacePatch_Succubus.esp
129 81     Deviously Cursed Loot LAL AddOn.esp
130 82     Bashed Patch, 0.esp

I see in your load order that you have race compatibility - so possibly you are using some custom race?  Perhaps it is not recognized as a `playable race'. 

(Capture only happens for playable races - stripping of non-targets always happens and does not consider the flags - I've added addressing that and some work around for custom races to my TODO list.)

You can likely use the `return unowned gear' option to recover your gear - this is used for any `non-target' which seems to include the player here.

I'm not sure what is going on with the aggression management.  Perhaps they are siding with the player?  (Should be neutral in general though if not a valid target...)

> They sometimes add 1 device to npcs (usually a collar) and nothing else.

That should be the first step. On second takedown they should add a second (leg irons), etc. Unless quick capture option is set - then first take down should lead to crawler equipped and sent to Zaz furniture (but only if a valid target ie playable race and gender selected in MCM.)

>Finally, when I try to ride the spiders, it just looks like a normal mount.  Is it supposed to look different?  Am I missing something?

It is supposed to equip the cocoon and carry the the player flat (with struggle animation) on the spiders back (see spiders.jpg screenshot on the download page).

If it is just riding (but facing backwards) the custom riding animations are not working. (Double check MCM setting under preview...or perhaps this is also related to the custom race?-not sure why.)

22 hours ago, Musje said:

I had some progress with this :)

I made my own conversion from the latest LE version to SE, and this one doesn't crash when an NPC gets the chain beast on them. But the devices are still immediately taking off, both from the player and from NPCs.

I am testing using the "mine", does that make a difference?  The log is sort of suggesting that it is:

Reveal hidden contents

[07/25/2019 - 01:55:19PM] SCB verbose:    (Rabi,Chainbeast): Looking up device for bl = 4
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:19PM] SCB verbose:    (Rabi,Chainbeast): Equiping crawler
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:19PM] SCB info:       (Rabi,Chainbeast): start effect finished.
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:40PM] error: Unbound native function "FormHasKeywordString" called
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:40PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp7"
stack:
    [alias PlayerRef on quest zadDevicesUnderneathQuest (18041472)].zadDevicesUnderneathPlayerScript.OnObjectUnequipped() - "zadDevicesUnderneathPlayerScript.psc" Line 66
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:40PM] warning: Property PatronRef1 on script aygasworkdetectorscript attached to aygasWorkDetector (45012726) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:42PM] warning: Property PatronRef1 on script aygasworkdetectorscript attached to aygasWorkDetector (45012726) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:42PM] SCB info:       (Rabi,Chainbeast): Ending magic effect.
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:42PM] SCB info:       Now listening for movement keys
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:43PM] SCB info:       (Rabi,Chainbeast): Starting punishment with non-ridable attacker.
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:43PM] SCB verbose:    (Rabi): Starting quest [scb_punishmanagementscript <SCB_PunishManagementQuest (190189E8)>] towards [Actor < (FF0018D1)>] Slot 0
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:43PM] SCB info:       Started PMQ on player Rabi
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:44PM] SCB verbose:    [scb_punishmanagementscript <SCB_PunishManagementQuest (190189E8)>] reserved this quest
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:44PM] SCB verbose:    [scb_punishmanagementscript <SCB_PunishManagementQuest (190189E8)>] released this quest
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:44PM] SCB info:       (Rabi): No punishment options found for this victim.
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:44PM] SCB info:       Rabi,Chainbeast : Victim released from this beast

[07/25/2019 - 01:55:44PM] SCB info:       Rabi: Punishment has ended for this victim
[07/25/2019 - 01:55:44PM] SCB info:       Starting cloak management on Chainbeast

Why "no punishment options", and why is the player or NPC immediately released after capture.

What happens:

- character is paralyzed

- character get the chain beast thing

- character stands up

- character starts crawling for a second and the chain beast disappears immediately. In case of the player, there is an on screen message about this.

UPDATE:

When I attack an NPC with a summoned chain beast, they get paralyzed a couple times, then start crawling, and I can give them appropriate commands. But the chain beast still gets unequiped right away.

I also disabled all options in the Devices Underneath option in DD, because that messes things up sometimes (especially in SE, since the errors in the log about ZadHiderScript are from DD, not ZAP)

The unequiping of devices/beast is not supposed to happen (some form of conflict with DD despite turning of Devices Underneath? - right zad=DD not ZAZ that is zbf).

Other than that this is a normal sequence at the final capture; the beast is ready to take the victim to a Zaz device (or for player summoned beast: start following the player). 

The red marked lines indicate there is no Zaz furniture nearby (loaded cell) - otherwise devices selection would be visible between reserve PMQ and release PMQ. In this case the beast will release the victim again after a second or so.

If they start crawling after the player and you can give the orders they are correctly captured, it is just the device (crawler) that is somehow being unequipped.

If the devices show but then are removed right away I suspect it is some other mod's script that is removing them. If they are not equipping at all it could be equipment is worn with a conflicting DD/ZAZ keyword.

4 hours ago, MTB said:

In this case the beast will release the victim again after a second or so. 

That must be the case then, there's no ZAP equipment nearby. Does that count for NPCs as well? And if so, how is the summonable chain beast supposed to work?

4 hours ago, MTB said:

If they start crawling after the player and you can give the orders they are correctly captured, it is just the device (crawler) that is somehow being unequipped.

If the devices show but then are removed right away I suspect it is some other mod's script that is removing them. If they are not equipping at all it could be equipment is worn with a conflicting DD/ZAZ keyword.

This was a regular bandit outisde that mine near Riverwood. By the way, I tried another summoned beast inside the mine, and that one managed to capture a lady bandit, and the chain beast stayed on (even when I exited the mine).

5 hours ago, MTB said:

I see in your load order that you have race compatibility - so possibly you are using some custom race?  Perhaps it is not recognized as a `playable race'. 

(Capture only happens for playable races - stripping of non-targets always happens and does not consider the flags - I've added addressing that and some work around for custom races to my TODO list.)

You can likely use the `return unowned gear' option to recover your gear - this is used for any `non-target' which seems to include the player here.

I'm not sure what is going on with the aggression management.  Perhaps they are siding with the player?  (Should be neutral in general though if not a valid target...)

> They sometimes add 1 device to npcs (usually a collar) and nothing else.

That should be the first step. On second takedown they should add a second (leg irons), etc. Unless quick capture option is set - then first take down should lead to crawler equipped and sent to Zaz furniture (but only if a valid target ie playable race and gender selected in MCM.)

>Finally, when I try to ride the spiders, it just looks like a normal mount.  Is it supposed to look different?  Am I missing something?

It is supposed to equip the cocoon and carry the the player flat (with struggle animation) on the spiders back (see spiders.jpg screenshot on the download page).

If it is just riding (but facing backwards) the custom riding animations are not working. (Double check MCM setting under preview...or perhaps this is also related to the custom race?-not sure why.)

I'll test with a normal race.

BTW, the return gear option didn't work.  I tried that.  It returned 2 lockpicks and a book.  The creatures kept knocking me down and spawning new chests, so it probably only tries to return whatever the last spawned chest held.  I bet if I dug through the 20 plus chests by blue palace I'd find my gear unless it spawned into the oblivion below ground.  But I loaded a more recent save so no problem for now.

Having some trouble with the crawling animations for the chainbeasts, all the parts attach and the whole chain outfit is equipped but the character slowly walks instead of the crawl.

Uninstalled other mods that had a crawl like sanguine's debauchery, switched off of custom races and uninstalled them + race compatability, reinstalled this mod and re-ran FNIS, no luck so far. Going to try and reinstall ZAZ next, any suggestions?

On 7/27/2019 at 6:44 AM, Uso15 said:

Having some trouble with the crawling animations for the chainbeasts, all the parts attach and the whole chain outfit is equipped but the character slowly walks instead of the crawl.

Uninstalled other mods that had a crawl like sanguine's debauchery, switched off of custom races and uninstalled them + race compatability, reinstalled this mod and re-ran FNIS, no luck so far. Going to try and reinstall ZAZ next, any suggestions?

I have the same problem, even though 0.25 had crawling work

so i have a problem. so the beasts all exist and hell the dogs can even latch onto me but then they either vanish off of me and go through it all again, making many strong boxes, or (only for me and not npcs) will grab onto me but nothing will happen after that. i can crawl around but nothing else happens. 
for bigger ones like spiders and mammoths the spiders will just vanish and be replaced by a dog, the mammoths will make me get stuck in the air where i am supposed to be held or above it and just never move and be glitched in the air. please help me. the npcs just simply can't be caught by the dogs and the mammoths will do the same thing to the npcs as they do to me. i can see the harness and stuff appear on them for a moment before it vanishes off.
i use vortex by the way.

On 7/26/2019 at 9:44 PM, Uso15 said:

For any issues with the crawling first try in MCM option `test player crawling' in debug menu.

If that works the issues is not with the animations.  If not check the fnis output mentions the SkyrimChainBeasts (SCB) animations (should mention something like 0 animations, 0 furniture and x alternate animations included.)  & check paths for animations and behavior file - I tend to mess up on those...

Meshes\actors\character\behaviors\FNIS_SkyrimChainBeasts_Behavior.hkx

Meshes\actors\character\animations\SkyrimChainBeasts\FNIS_SkyrimChainBeasts_List.txt and a bunch of hkx files (scb0/1_mt_idle/run/walk/etc.hkx)

On 7/28/2019 at 5:56 PM, Goddess_moka said:

so i have a problem. so the beasts all exist and hell the dogs can even latch onto me but then they either vanish off of me and go through it all again, making many strong boxes, or (only for me and not npcs) will grab onto me but nothing will happen after that. i can crawl around but nothing else happens. 
for bigger ones like spiders and mammoths the spiders will just vanish and be replaced by a dog, the mammoths will make me get stuck in the air where i am supposed to be held or above it and just never move and be glitched in the air. please help me. the npcs just simply can't be caught by the dogs and the mammoths will do the same thing to the npcs as they do to me. i can see the harness and stuff appear on them for a moment before it vanishes off.
i use vortex by the way. 

When you crawl arround does it cost a lot of stamina? 

Sounds like several things are glitching - I'm currently at a loss.  SSE or LE,  new game or existing one? Do you have DD installed? Male/Female character.

10 hours ago, MTB said:

For any issues with the crawling first try in MCM option `test player crawling' in debug menu.

If that works the issues is not with the animations.  If not check the fnis output mentions the SkyrimChainBeasts (SCB) animations (should mention something like 0 animations, 0 furniture and x alternate animations included.)  & check paths for animations and behavior file - I tend to mess up on those...

Meshes\actors\character\behaviors\FNIS_SkyrimChainBeasts_Behavior.hkx

Meshes\actors\character\animations\SkyrimChainBeasts\FNIS_SkyrimChainBeasts_List.txt and a bunch of hkx files (scb0/1_mt_idle/run/walk/etc.hkx)

When you crawl arround does it cost a lot of stamina? 

Sounds like several things are glitching - I'm currently at a loss.  SSE or LE,  new game or existing one? Do you have DD installed? Male/Female character.

no it doesn't cost any stamina or if it does its so small that it doesn't even show up. i have done it on new game and existing ones had the same things happen. female character but have set it so that way it will attack all viable and i am guessing sse is 'skyrim special edition'? i am using the normal pc version with all dlc.. i also got the optional files that add more za furniture or how ever you say that mod. as well as the one that adds mines in the other areas from DLC. currently i just have the mod suspended so that way i can still play the game for the time being.

36 minutes ago, darkknight25251325 said:

Hi, any pack for UUNB BS?

I assume this means you're running SSE as for LE its included as option in the installer.

I quickly ran the LE UUNB BS files through SSE Nif Optimizer. Result attached (use installer or drop in skyrim folder).

Did not test - please report back if you try it; if works I'll include it in the next SSE release.

UUNB.7z

On 7/29/2019 at 10:42 PM, Goddess_moka said:

no it doesn't cost any stamina or if it does its so small that it doesn't even show up. i have done it on new game and existing ones had the same things happen. female character but have set it so that way it will attack all viable and i am guessing sse is 'skyrim special edition'? i am using the normal pc version with all dlc.. i also got the optional files that add more za furniture or how ever you say that mod. as well as the one that adds mines in the other areas from DLC. currently i just have the mod suspended so that way i can still play the game for the time being.

still need help by the way.... sorry if i am being a little impatient

I love Chainbeasts!

I triggered the mine in Solitude by the Blue Palace and ran for the front gate of the city with beasts on my tail.  The chainbeasts created a panic all through the city.  Took me a while to find and kill them all, so by then there were at least 6 damsels in bondage distress.

Any thoughts on making tamed chainbeasts that hostile NPCs could try to use against the player? Mods like Tame The Beasts of Skyrim seem to have a similar functionality of NPCs having pet followers and so I think it would be an interesting concept if certain NPCs from bandits to mages or guards had their own pet chain beasts.

On a different note I saw a few users here were having issues with animations working properly. I noticed this was an issue I had too but only on certain save files, and this was resolved after I did the reinstallation process (disable in MCM, save, disable plugins, reload and save again, then turn plugins back on).