2 hours ago, Siudhne said:

Thanks for the suggestions, will check them. Or maybe I just do the reverse test and see if, just in case, the character still gets poison damage from, you know, poison weapons.

LO?

LO = Load Order

me lazy

was just the idea that the poison attack gets overwritten via LO or bashed patch

but I see your research was already successful, I guess

Hello! I am enjoying this mod a lot, but I began having some issues a while back. Fast forward and I have a new computer, and all of the previous issues have been fixed. However now I have one last issue that plagues my game. when my character gets captured, this happens to certain parts of her body...

Spoiler

20190912175404_1.jpg.40dff24d29904a91064154637af1262e.jpg20190912175401_1.jpg.56c2b126ce676e587142281723933eb5.jpg20190912175359_1.jpg.0ca00ed3f9edc74e6b869e7dc9d675a6.jpg

I suspect some form of issue with the skeleton, and the issue persists until the punishment phase. Any help would be appreciated!

20 hours ago, wingfriend said:

I suspect some form of issue with the skeleton, and the issue persists until the punishment phase. Any help would be appreciated!

you could check if you have the right mods like:

Bodyslide and Outfit studio + a fitting body texture

Race Menu (nioverrride included)

XPMSE (ragdoll and force included)

HDT Physic Extensions (via AIO-P or standalone)

On 9/8/2019 at 1:41 PM, Siudhne said:

New discovery: It depends on the players level. If I set my level to 43, I get stamina damage over time after being hit by a chain beast. Once I reach level 44, I don't get any stamina damage at all. Curious, could it be some level-based calculation on your side?

Could very well by; around that level the beasts should reach their maximum damage level - may well have messed up the condition for that level.

In any case with the new mechanism those conditions are gone anyway.

On 9/8/2019 at 1:53 PM, Jeffny said:

Hello

I Defeat a chain spider and learn the spell...

I raise the spider but after a Few second, the ride stop and i can reloot the spider

Re cast the spell and 3-4 sec later, same.....

Can you install CB mines in a désert zone ( Like original mode in a lifeless zone)?

Nice mod

The sequence should be:
- Cast spell
- Spider resurrected (actually a `rideable spider' takes it place).
- Player gear replaced by a metal cocoon.
- Player mounts spider (sits on it). (happens automatically, no need to do it yourself... - Note to self: ensure player controls are disabled during this stage)
- 2~3sec later switches to lying down animation. (skipped if custom animations are not allowed (set in MCM))
- Player control restored.
- Ride for as long as you like, select Dismount (E) to end ride.
- Player dismounts cocoon removed, normal animation restored, spider dies.
    (new loot being available is not really intended - I know why it happens and may change it at some point)

Does riding the spider work after a capture?
Where does the sequence above fail?
Based on the timing it might be when starting the custom riding animation.
If so please try disabling the `allow custom animations' (currently under `preview' in the MCM) and trying whether the riding now works (just with a sitting not a lying animation).
If does: check the animations settings; does crawling work, was FNIS run, did it register new alternate animations for SCB?
If does not .... hmmm I don't know... perhaps there is some conflict that is forcing a dismount?

>Can you install CB mines in a désert zone ( Like original mode in a lifeless zone)?

Not sure what you are asking here. If you learn the `summon mine' spell you can place a mine anywhere you like.
Or are you suggesting to place a mine eg for the minesweeper quest (beauty and the chainbeast) in a remote location / or in mod added lands (like Dragonborn)?

21 hours ago, Zagzaguel said:

I use a bow quite often. In fact its the only reliable weapon I have

I never saw a skeleton tanking more arrows than a ... well.. enemy with flesh on their bones

Have you thought about giving them a ranged attack? 

Making them more tanky is good and all but an archer usually has a few points in archery and with a few points in archery you can kite things all day long, it doesnt really matter how tanky they are if they cant reach you

A ranged attack that slows or knock you down might be more .. useful here. It wouldnt bother melee classes and would make combat as a ranged character more engaging

Also isnt it possible to reduce poison resitance when they hit someone? For people who stack up poison resistance and are therefore imune to them

I've changed the setting for the stamina damage to ignore resistance so that should no longer be an issue. 

Ranged attacks - I've found one that should fit very nicely but have not yet been able to get it working....

• 3 weeks later...

This is really good, but I have a question - sorry if I have missed the answer.

I've been caught, just outside Winterhold. A slaver appears and we move off - we get to a nearby Fort and the Beast seems to take me back and forth past the Fort. Is it possible theres a conflict on where's its taking me? Is it trying to take me to Riften?

26 minutes ago, Aquarii89 said:

It crashes no matter what I do or change.  I am very frustrated, please help.

You have said, nor articulated anything in any way for people to begin helping you other than:

1 hour ago, Aquarii89 said:

Defeat by chain beasts causes crash to Desktop (CtD) for unknown reasons

and

26 minutes ago, Aquarii89 said:

It crashes no matter what I do or change.

Mod authors and people who help and/or support mod issues may be able to help, but none of them....and I mean not even one of them is a mind reader. So, you're going to have to offer up a bit more detail than "GOLLY GEE, IT DON'T WORK!" and "WHY WONT ANYONE HELP?"

Nobody has a clue as to what other mods you're running, how you have your environment set up, whether or not you're using mod management, what manager...load order, if you've got all the requirements installed...etc.

So. You may be getting frustrated...but people who volunteer to help people see your behavior every day, sometimes ever hour and it frustrates them to no end. Makes them tear their hair out. So, get some details, be specific, relay information which could be helpful...and maybe, just maybe....

...someone might offer to help.

There's your nickel's worth of free advice.

19 hours ago, WandererZero said:

You have said, nor articulated anything in any way for people to begin helping you other than:

and

Mod authors and people who help and/or support mod issues may be able to help, but none of them....and I mean not even one of them is a mind reader. So, you're going to have to offer up a bit more detail than "GOLLY GEE, IT DON'T WORK!" and "WHY WONT ANYONE HELP?"

Nobody has a clue as to what other mods you're running, how you have your environment set up, whether or not you're using mod management, what manager...load order, if you've got all the requirements installed...etc.

So. You may be getting frustrated...but people who volunteer to help people see your behavior every day, sometimes ever hour and it frustrates them to no end. Makes them tear their hair out. So, get some details, be specific, relay information which could be helpful...and maybe, just maybe....

...someone might offer to help.

There's your nickel's worth of free advice.

it only crashes when the quick capture is turned on, or when they've downed me a couple of times.  Presumably, the crash is happening when the capture process is triggered. i dont have anything mroe to go on; it's a CtD without any error messaging and if there is a crash log, I dont know where to find it.

Yo, been trying to get the crawling animation to work for a while, but no luck. I've re-run FNIS, tried the test option, tried getting captured, stuff like that. Do sneak animation mods interfere with this? Should I try downloading the crawl animation from that mod listed in the description? Everything else seems to work though, I'm just running out of ideas.

Just now, aluthecard said:

Yo, been trying to get the crawling animation to work for a while, but no luck. I've re-run FNIS, tried the test option, tried getting captured, stuff like that. Do sneak animation mods interfere with this? Should I try downloading the crawl animation from that mod listed in the description? Everything else seems to work though, I'm just running out of ideas.

Oh, I've also tried putting it last in my load order, still nothing.

Just a quick feedback and a question (maybe I missed something) ?

Casting the "spider transport" spell on a dead chain spider gives me this nice looking armor with no further effect.

Is that correct?

Spoiler

yes, yes I'm a messy xD

534640489_enb2019_10_2306_57_48_62.jpg.83127bd05b6d5c729c7664e09be7f9d2.jpg

After killing golden bounty hunter chainbeasts the chest with the belongings of the PC never vanishes.

Created chests by mine Chain Bests and Wild Chain Beasts vanish after looting them completely empty.

Spoiler

Close one *peww*

907370326_enb2019_10_1118_06_28_96.jpg.23606a8d173f952646d2c56ed26e10c2.jpg

321539451_enb2019_10_1118_18_40_26.jpg.af19617dcc6336e0cca5c799e75f2334.jpg

Stays there for several days.

730614390_enb2019_10_1118_07_52_11.jpg.57b59445861a8300197ac6678ddbbd95.jpg

• 1 month later...

I played this mod for some time and I give you some feedback, maybe this is a little bit of help. Yeah I have this problem with the chain-spider-spell too, it's not working right now I think.

It's cool to have wild chainbeasts now, but this dosn't matter what kind of beast it is, I was always captured by a small one at the end, but with the beasts from the mines this was always working.

The entire capture situation is... not the best. Let's say it like that. When you aren't a mage, then you have no chance to kill such a thing, because you are always stripped right from the first attack. This would be much better and made more sense, when they pick you up when you are defeated, maybe with the death alternative mod. This walk to the auction house with the slaver is nice, but it's not so nice when you are at the end of the world or they didn't find the right way. Of course I find the scip-button in the MCM, but this is not the best way to handle this situation.

To use Simple Slavery... Yeah you can do that, but maybe it's much better when you do your own thing and made this optional. When I understand it right, then they are from an other world/dimension, so when you have some portals in Skyrim and they all lead to one place, then you don't have this problem with the long way to the aution house. Maybe you can use the cool Solstheim-Creatures for that place and you don't need a big story for that, small things are working much better most times. Just give the player the option to flee from there, maybe you are not strong enough to kill the bad guys right now, but you can be captured again sometimes of course.

I think there are many ways to go on from this point. I like the idea and the mod and I hope for an other update sometimes. To bad that I'm to stupid for such things. I just can made a follower and translate something and even that takes some time.

So thanks for your hard work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Back after a long while with a new version.  Besides busy RL I had to rebuild my modding setup.  (Not yet done for SSE so not able to make a conversion of the latest version for the moment.)   Have not been able to address nearly all the issues and some new features that have had very limited testing but I still wanted to push out a new version before getting too busy again.

On 10/24/2019 at 12:10 AM, donttouchmethere said:

Just a quick feedback and a question (maybe I missed something) ?

Casting the "spider transport" spell on a dead chain spider gives me this nice looking armor with no further effect.

Is that correct?

Was not able to reproduce but hopefully fixed by the other changes that were made.

On 12/1/2019 at 1:39 PM, Randamaster said:

It's cool to have wild chainbeasts now, but this dosn't matter what kind of beast it is, I was always captured by a small one at the end, but with the beasts from the mines this was always working.

The entire capture situation is... not the best. Let's say it like that. When you aren't a mage, then you have no chance to kill such a thing, because you are always stripped right from the first attack. This would be much better and made more sense, when they pick you up when you are defeated, maybe with the death alternative mod. This walk to the auction house with the slaver is nice, but it's not so nice when you are at the end of the world or they didn't find the right way. Of course I find the scip-button in the MCM, but this is not the best way to handle this situation.

To use Simple Slavery... Yeah you can do that, but maybe it's much better when you do your own thing and made this optional. When I understand it right, then they are from an other world/dimension, so when you have some portals in Skyrim and they all lead to one place, then you don't have this problem with the long way to the aution house. Maybe you can use the cool Solstheim-Creatures for that place and you don't need a big story for that, small things are working much better most times. Just give the player the option to flee from there, maybe you are not strong enough to kill the bad guys right now, but you can be captured again sometimes of course.

I think there are many ways to go on from this point. I like the idea and the mod and I hope for an other update sometimes. To bad that I'm to stupid for such things. I just can made a follower and translate something and even that takes some time.

So thanks for your hard work.

Thanks for the feedback.

Which wild beasts occur depends on the PC's level.  Made some changes here which hopefully solve the issue with other wild beasts not being able to do a capture.

You can play around with the (updated) difficulty settings to give your melee PC a `fighting chance', but yes watching the stamina level is needed. Should not be on first hit though (expect maybe the floating cage-it packs a wallop).

Other world/domain: Cool but also a lot of work - I fear I won't get around to anything like that.

Note that using simple slavery is entirely optional; if the option is not set, you should be taken to a zap furniture somewhere instead.

On 10/23/2019 at 10:46 PM, aluthecard said:

Crawl animations are included, no need to download them elsewhere.  All I can recommend is: check FNIS output, is something like: `SkyrimChainBeast ( ... alternate animations: 68)' included in the output; if not the files are not found, check animation files (SCB?_mt_*.hkx,FNIS_SkyrimChainBeasts_List.txt are in  the right place (\data\Meshes\actors\character\animations\SkyrimChainBeasts, as is the behavior file \data\Meshes\actors\character\behaviors\FNIS_SkyrimChainBeasts_Behavior.hkx).

If that output is there, then the test spell should work (irrespective of any sneak mods you may have installed); cast it, see healing fx and walk/run around on all fours. When entering sneaking a sneak mod may override the animations but I would not expect it to do so before that.

On 10/22/2019 at 4:18 PM, Aquarii89 said:

it only crashes when the quick capture is turned on, or when they've downed me a couple of times.  Presumably, the crash is happening when the capture process is triggered. i dont have anything mroe to go on; it's a CtD without any error messaging and if there is a crash log, I dont know where to find it.

Indeed sounds like it happens when the capture process starts. Try testing the crawling animation (with the MCM debug menu option); some people seem to have had crashes when there were issues with the animation.

On 10/17/2019 at 11:16 AM, windlepoons said:

This is really good, but I have a question - sorry if I have missed the answer.

I've been caught, just outside Winterhold. A slaver appears and we move off - we get to a nearby Fort and the Beast seems to take me back and forth past the Fort. Is it possible theres a conflict on where's its taking me? Is it trying to take me to Riften?

Thanks.  If the slaver appears you must be heading to auction - which is indeed in Riften. I've noticed pathing issues at some places (especially with larger beasts but sometimes also when crawling).   Expending the struggle option may help; lower the stamina cost of struggling in the MCM menu (perhaps even to 0) and then take control to guide the beast past the offending area - hopefully it will be able to find its way after that again.  (Skipping with the MCM option is also an well option...).

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2020 at 2:28 PM, Siudhne said:

Glad to see you got around to updating it again!

Is it intentional that some of the new MCM options do not work (don't remain at the new value upon editing) so far?

Big oeps, forgot to include the code that actually stores the changed values...

(I also see a bug that the time values will only consider whole numbers even if it can be edited in tenths...will fix that later.)

I've fixed the problem in my working version but I started a rewrite of some functions so code is a mess atm.

I back ported the fix but see that the release does not contain the correct v0.3.0 code; some of it is outdated (really need to improve my `release workflow' something goes wrong every time :().

The code for the back ported fix is attached and should work with the pex files in v0.3.0. (Again do not use the source files included in the release; they are outdated).

Will try compiling/testing it when I can do a fresh install of v0.3.0 to compile against.

Edit:  BTW a work around is to save the MCM settings, edit the created json file, changing the values you want and then loading the file again.  The loading from file code does correctly set the values.

Edit2: I've attached an attempt at compiling the script; not 100% sure I got all the right versions of the related files but I think it should work.

SCB_MCMScript.psc

SCB_MCMScript.pex

After those power attacks that make me drop the weapon\unequip magic, I can't equip anything in that hand, same goes to another hand after second attack. Then it goes further beyond and around stage when muzzle equiped I can't even interract with box, loot the beast etc, can only interract with doors and speak with npc. Effect persists even if I free myself. And I left with character that can't hold anything nor interract with anything.

Speaking of NPCs sometimes asking for help from blacksmith don't show up at all.

Also have a question: when I ask for blacksmith's help and they deny me... what do I do then? Ask another one? Is there any cooldown like condition for asking again?

And third: when captured I forced to crawl to furniture, but when I get there I just sit infront of it and nothing happens. I remember it working before but I don't know why it doesn't now or whan I did wrong.

Edit: scratch first one I don't think that was your mod doing :3

Hi i found out that this mod is highly incompatible with the mod 'fall of the dragonborn' wich i have installed. The break animation in fall of the dragonborn could normally ended by pressing the jump button (until you do you couldn't move) but if you have no control over your character i didn't work and you couldn't move anymore.

a different thing is that the struggling option in this mod didn't work if you using a controller instead of the keyboard.

On 1/14/2020 at 12:21 PM, Schalli1980 said:

Hi i found out that this mod is highly incompatible with the mod 'fall of the dragonborn' wich i have installed. The break animation in fall of the dragonborn could normally ended by pressing the jump button (until you do you couldn't move) but if you have no control over your character i didn't work and you couldn't move anymore.

a different thing is that the struggling option in this mod didn't work if you using a controller instead of the keyboard.

> controller

Should work, unless you have multiple keys mapped to the same action, then only one of those keys may work. So if both keyboard and controller have keys mapped to "Forward" then it will only check one of the two.

Attached script (install in \data\scripts) tries to address this - but I do not have a controller to test with.  If someone can test it and it works then I can incorporate

the changes. 

> jump
The situation not quite clear to me. Do you mean that the PC was crawling to a destination and the `fall of the dragonborn' interrupts this with a break animation which you then cannot get out from ?
Have you tried pressing a movement key (SCB should restore your control?) and then (while still pressing movement key) pressing jump?

On 1/13/2020 at 10:22 PM, Yukitemi said:

Speaking of NPCs sometimes asking for help from blacksmith don't show up at all.

Also have a question: when I ask for blacksmith's help and they deny me... what do I do then? Ask another one? Is there any cooldown like condition for asking again?

And third: when captured I forced to crawl to furniture, but when I get there I just sit infront of it and nothing happens. I remember it working before but I don't know why it doesn't now or whan I did wrong.

Blacksmith does not use a cool down; it only depends on your relationship and what restraints you are wearing (see changelog for details).
If they deny you there is no use asking again (unless relation/worn devices change); the answer will be the same.  Better go hunt down a key instead.
Or go find a blacksmith you have a better relationship with.

> sometimes asking for help from blacksmith don't show up at all

They have to be offering services at the time; business hours only. 

> but when I get there I just sit infront of it and nothing happens

Maybe I broke something, possible though I did not mess with that part of the mod all that much. Entering furniture was always a bit unpredictable.

When stuck in front of the furniture does the status page show you in the move or the use quest. If the former, is the use quest free?

Have you also tested with a new game?

SCB_StuggleQuestScript.pex

19 hours ago, MTB said:

> controller

Should work, unless you have multiple keys mapped to the same action, then only one of those keys may work. So if both keyboard and controller have keys mapped to "Forward" then it will only check one of the two.

Attached script (install in \data\scripts) tries to address this - but I do not have a controller to test with.  If someone can test it and it works then I can incorporate

the changes. 

> jump
The situation not quite clear to me. Do you mean that the PC was crawling to a destination and the `fall of the dragonborn' interrupts this with a break animation which you then cannot get out from ?
Have you tried pressing a movement key (SCB should restore your control?) and then (while still pressing movement key) pressing jump?

Blacksmith does not use a cool down; it only depends on your relationship and what restraints you are wearing (see changelog for details).
If they deny you there is no use asking again (unless relation/worn devices change); the answer will be the same.  Better go hunt down a key instead.
Or go find a blacksmith you have a better relationship with.

> sometimes asking for help from blacksmith don't show up at all

They have to be offering services at the time; business hours only. 

> but when I get there I just sit infront of it and nothing happens

Maybe I broke something, possible though I did not mess with that part of the mod all that much. Entering furniture was always a bit unpredictable.

When stuck in front of the furniture does the status page show you in the move or the use quest. If the former, is the use quest free?

Have you also tested with a new game?

SCB_StuggleQuestScript.pex 5.08 kB · 2 downloads

-jump

yes the pc was crawling to a destination and the break animation interrupt as soon as you get under non hostile people. if the break animation in fall of the dragonborn plays the character sinks ashamed to the ground and tries to cover herself. when the animation plays you cannot move anymore (movement is disabled unless you jump or get caught). to get out of the animation you need to jump. if you are captured by a chainbeast you also have no control over your character and can't jump. so its impossible to get out of the break animation wich has no time limit and couldn't end otherwise. at least if no npc is near by to react to the break. unfortunately i can't test the script right now because i've already removed chainbeasts temporarily from my game.