Skyrim VR Modding ?!

It is said that in about a year (early 2019) there will be the Skyrim VR Version for PC also.

Now thats fun.

I mean it could be. For actual gameplay and for some of... well... the kinky stuff too.

Although I myself am not sure if the VR Version would allow modding/ mod changes or if it does to which extend it will. Not heard anything on that yet.

But to be honest - if modding would be available in that version too, then I think its gonna be a must have (for me at least).

Of course that would make me play out some stuff kind of differently... I guess xD

If modding wont work on it, no way I am buying Skyrim VR & all the stuff for it just to play the lousy vanilla (including that SE).

Thoughts, news and brabble on this? :smiley:

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, EvilReFlex said:

You can play skyrim with vorpx in VR! 

... ok no motions controller but fuck it, its cheaper and you can play almost every 3D game in VR! 

Yes and no. And probably both. 

Before FO4VR came out I was thinking I'm perfectly happy with VorpX playing the fully modded games. However now - about 50 hours in FO4VR I can't imagine playing the pancake game with VorpX. With all it's problems, bad porting decisions and limited mod suport (there are only few adult mods that work) the experience with the motion controllers is completely different for me. 

What I expect is I'll keep using VorpX for the "full sexlab experience" with Oldrim but will try to run as much mods as possible with the official port and start a full several hundreds hours long playthru.  Hopefully at some point there will be enough mods for the VR port. 

There was an idea to crowdfund money in order to buy a Vive for the script extender people and they actually did agree, but I have no idea what happens now.

Holy crap 64 bit and VR, lets hope to hell they got it right I did try it on my dk2 on original Skyrim too slow at the time but the sword fighting was something else just awesome aaand will it be moddable, well that`ll be me buying Skyrim again then but if its anything like the experience of past Skyrim VR I think we could be in for a treat :smile:  .

5 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

You could always try SexLab in VR.

Not enough elves.

Virt-A-Mate gets us most of the way there with a far better foundation, but alas, Skyrim has the content.

Besides, I just wanna walk behind Vilja for a while.  That's all.  Nothing freaky.  Don't mind me.

1520128831.jpg.2ef74855269f721a4d425859140efeb2.jpg

I'm excited about it! I think it's a chance to actually play skyrims main quest chain all the way through.... No game changing mods to distract me partway through... :smiley: at least at first.

I assume that while mods are not "supported" - at least for now - things will quickly improve. If a few of the critical pieces are able to make the jump, many modders would love to make VR mods!

2 hours ago, EvilReFlex said:

it if there is mod support and a seperate creation kit for it. 

it will most probably be like FO4VR - all mods that do not require script extender and that are not changing interface elements will work. There is no need for a new CK for FO4VR as the "flat" one works just fine. We can be pretty sure it will be the same with Skyrim.

5 hours ago, prinyo said:

it will most probably be like FO4VR - all mods that do not require script extender and that are not changing interface elements will work. There is no need for a new CK for FO4VR as the "flat" one works just fine. We can be pretty sure it will be the same with Skyrim.

I know this, I want a own creation kit for the VR version, I don't want to have 3 skyrim installed. (Vanilla and VR) 

And there are certainly a few changes to the SE. 

Edit: Bad news. A Bethesda representative has confirmed that the VR version will not launch with mod support, telling Ars that "the team's focus is on making the core experience of Skyrim VR feel and look great."

6 hours ago, EvilReFlex said:

I know this, I want a own creation kit for the VR version, I don't want to have 3 skyrim installed. (Vanilla and VR) 

And there are certainly a few changes to the SE. 

Edit: Bad news. A Bethesda representative has confirmed that the VR version will not launch with mod support, telling Ars that "the team's focus is on making the core experience of Skyrim VR feel and look great."

That website asked specifically about official Workshop support.  Skyrim didn't support mods either, when it was released, but that didn't stop the mod community.

If it's Bethesda's game, then it's the Creation Engine, it uses .esps and it can be modded.