SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

I'm not new to modding Skyrim.

Own GOG version of Skyrim.

Downloaded GOG version of SKSE.

Downloaded GOG version of SexLab.

Installed minimum requirements only to install SexLab.  Met with same errors others are reporting.  Having read through the FAQ and many pages of this thread, the unified answer seems to be "download the correct version."  Well, from my standpoint, I have downloaded the correct version.  I can't provide the Papyrus logs because the game won't even launch with Papyrus enabled.  While a SexLab MCM Menu does appear, clicking on "Install" does absolutely nothing.  SKSE believes the SexLab and Papyrus DLLs are out-of-date.

yallbenuts.png

So what exactly am I doing wrong?  This isn't covered under the FAQ, installation instructions, and others who have posted the same question are always told to download the correct versions.  If I've got the GOG version of SKSE and the GOG version of SexLab what am I missing?  All in One and FNIS is also installed and yes I've generated the animations.  I can remove SexLab from my mod list and use other mods just fine without SKSE spitting errors about out of date DLLs.  What gives?

Thanks for helping to shed any light on this travesty.

Every time an animation scene starts, the participating characters are all centered in one spot (temporarily merged with each other), and the scene starts a few moments later.

This may just be the way SexLab is designed to work, but is there any way to prevent that from happening?

Because while otherwise everything does work without any issues, it's not very "immersive" seeing the characters frozen and fused together at the start of every scene.

hey ive run into a bug and im at the end of my rope trying to fix it. im sure its not a problem with sexlab but it first occoured after a scene.

now,what happens is that when i switch armor or remove armor my characters body (only body,hands feet and head are fine) goes dark but it is almost translucent in the fact that it reacts to light sources.to make things even more bizare it only seems to happen on my characters back as the front seems more or less fine with the exception of the afore mentioned darkening.im using cbbe and diamond skin as well as elfx but after testing and disableing it dosnt seem to fix the issue. i have also tried starting new games and have had mixed results. the first time i started a new game the issue persisted leadibng me to believe it was a mod conflict and so i turned all of my mods off and started another game and was pleased to see the isuue gone but after i turned 80% of my mods on and the new save was still fine i got suspicious and booted up my enitial game to see the problem was tstill there. i turned the rest of the mods back on and the new save was still stable. i started another new game and now the issue isnt occouring as it did before which stumped me. i really dobnt want to start a new game as i have 250+ hours in my game and loading earlier saves dosnt solve the problem. that being said i should have seen this coming as i have upwards of 600 mods (most of which are patches to be fair but still) as well as a few merged mods consisting of weapons and animals and such. ive noticed that if i load an earlier version of racemenu the problem is gone from my original save but so is my customization to my characters body as well as the cbbe morphs tab in racemenu this occours with 0.4.9 and 0.4.10 ,however anything higher than that the problem is still there. its also worth mentioning that upon loading the game my skin will look as its supposed to and only changes after equiping something to my torso, ive also noticed that the chestplate im wearing in the first image (dragon bone barbarian by shocky/shockero) seems to ignore the issue and will show my skin as it should look.

id like to apolagize for such a long post as well as its location,as i said im sure its not a problem with sexlab but it did occour after a scene.

edit: id also like to apolagize for not having the images in one of those fancy hidden tabs, i havent had to post any images before and havent had a reason to figure out how to do it

with that being said, im not going to post my load order because it seems like a pain quite frankly, and im just curious if anyone has had a similar issue and what they did to fix it

20230121112327_1.jpg

20230121112339_1.jpg

20230121112405_1.jpg

20230121112503_1.jpg

20230121112551_1.jpg

20230121112612_1.jpg

Edited by magicmike1234
2 hours ago, SwissCheeseConnoisseur said:

Every time an animation scene starts, the participating characters are all centered in one spot (temporarily merged with each other), and the scene starts a few moments later.

This may just be the way SexLab is designed to work, but is there any way to prevent that from happening?

Because while otherwise everything does work without any issues, it's not very "immersive" seeing the characters frozen and fused together at the start of every scene.

I think that's pretty baked in to Skyrim but you could reduce the time frame.  You could perhaps have fewer animations installed.  Or you could try either SLAS - SexLab Anim Searcher or Sexlab P+ Note neither has been under development for a long time, and also I haven't used either yet.  You might run in to incompatibilities or other problems.  But they are both supposed to speed up the start of sexlab animations.  I don't know if they are compatible with each other so maybe both is isn't an option.

On 1/15/2023 at 12:00 PM, OsmelMC said:

Steam update the Skyrim without your consent even if you don't buy the AE DLC. So probably you have already the Skyrim AE just that without the DLC that is what have to be payed.

Check your Skyrim version number and download the version of SexLab for your Skyrim version number.

I've been having the same problem as Jqgj. Apparently my Sexlabutil. dll plugin is out of date. I'm also running the latest SE version, so this makes little sense.  

As I'm still getting a prompt to upgrade to AE whenever I start up Skyrim, I *assume* that it hasn't upgraded me on its own accord. 

If the answer is still "check which version you're running", how do I do that? The internet tells me to check the properties of the TESV.exe but there isn't one in the folder. The SkyrimSE.exe doesn't seem to tell me anything much under properties either. 

Edited by Darsie
2 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

click on "details"in the SkyrimSE.exe properties window

fsscr006.png

edit: odd, i cant get the pic to upload.

Thank you. I get 1.6.640.0 as the product version. O.o

What does that mean...?

Edited by Darsie
59 minutes ago, Darsie said:

Thank you. I get 1.6.640.0 as the product version. O.o

What does that mean...?

it means you need SexLabFrameworkAE_v165.7z and the latest version of Address Library. also SKSE v2.2.3

2 hours ago, Excentrum12 said:

Having an issue installing the mod every time i load into the game it pops up with this i'm installing it with mod organizer Any help would be Appreciated.

likely the same problem, you need SexLabFrameworkAE_v165.7z and the latest version of Address Library. also SKSE v2.2.3

Edited by MadMansGun
4 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

it means you need SexLabFrameworkAE_v165.7z and the latest version of Address Library. also SKSE v2.2.3

likely the same problem, you need SexLabFrameworkAE_v165.7z and the latest version of Address Library. also SKSE v2.2.3

All working now. Thanks for the advice! :)

3 hours ago, WarAcez said:

Can someone help me? This mod conflict and want to overwrite PapyrusUtil SE which has alot of mods req it. Should I allow it to overwrite? Will it affect other mods that needs PapyrusUtil SE? Thank you!

Seeing as how both mods are made by the same person I would think you simply want whichever is most recently updated.

I got a problem of open mouth settings in the expression editor not working at all. The Oral Mouth Opening slider for example ALWAYS stays at 0%, even if I try to change it. Stuff like the Phoneme sliders do change, but they never seem to save.
I already uninstalled the other open mouth mod, I reinstalled SexLab, cleaned my system and reset the expression registry. Anything I'm missing here?

1 hour ago, NoForget1 said:

I got a problem of open mouth settings in the expression editor not working at all. The Oral Mouth Opening slider for example ALWAYS stays at 0%, even if I try to change it. Stuff like the Phoneme sliders do change, but they never seem to save.
I already uninstalled the other open mouth mod, I reinstalled SexLab, cleaned my system and reset the expression registry. Anything I'm missing here?

Definitely some file being overwrite by another Mod.

8 hours ago, Excentrum12 said:

Can my character have sex with anyone by targeting them with "N" cause i can't figure out how to start it....

You need a mod to start the scenes- the most straightforward is @OsmelMC's Matchmaker- it gives you two "irresistibly attractive" spells, one for yourself and one for up to 4 more actors (NPCs).