SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

Please, I need someone to explain two things to me about  AE + sexlab :

1- The current version of skse is the preliminary one, that is, it is not the definitive version for mod. So, someone who has been in the world of mods, can you tell how long it takes for the final version to be complete ?

2-sexlab is waiting for the definitive version of skse to make the ae version ?

17 hours ago, DarkDragoon197 said:

@Vyxenne I'll be willing to test out a beta for you, if you decide to update SL.

Lol, thanks for the compliment, but I wouldn't know how to update a hair on SexLab Framework's scrotum. ?

I have nothing to do with developing/updating it- I just talk a lot here because I know a little about how the mod works from a user standpoint and I like helping others.

On 11/14/2021 at 9:58 PM, Ashal said:

It's going to be at least a week or so before I can update stuff for AE. I've got the hard parts of the update done already, but waiting on changes and non-preliminary build of SKSE first.

I wonder if SexLabs Arousal will get worked on as well. I appreciate your doing this. 

I tried installing from the Steam DB an earlier version of Skyrim, but Steam seems to prevent me from installing without internet connection, and installing with internet connection means that I have to use the AE version.

6 hours ago, Man O War said:

Please, I need someone to explain two things to me about  AE + sexlab :

1- The current version of skse is the preliminary one, that is, it is not the definitive version for mod. So, someone who has been in the world of mods, can you tell how long it takes for the final version to be complete ?

2-sexlab is waiting for the definitive version of skse to make the ae version ?

The creator of SexLabs has to update the code to work with the AE version of SKSE 64.  

18 hours ago, DarkDragoon197 said:

@Vyxenne I'm currently testing my mod list with AE since steam did a ninja update on me. I'll be willing to test out a beta for you, if you decide to update SL.  Not pressuring you for it but just offering my help as a follower modder.

Yeah, I hate that!  

I don't know why Steam DB forces me to use a custom downloader instead of just letting me download from my browser, because I think that the earlier version of Skyrim SE's download broke.  I followed the Nexus document's instructions and downloaded core and the third item along with the exe. But, steam refusing to run the installer without internet connection and when I let it install with internet it just downloads AE version and install that instead. 

This is the document that I'm referring to, by the way:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32698/

I tried following it, but the downloaded installer is still forcing Steam to try download the latest version instead. 

Edited by liars_paradox
Including source
On 11/16/2021 at 4:34 PM, Mojodishu said:

i dont get the structure on this website. every time i try to download this thing i get directed to forum post with no download button. every mod that have a dependancy on this thing directs to forum post with no download button....

all i want to download this..

You might want to wait it out until you either have a rolled back version of Skyrim SE (Anniversary Edition doesn't work this version of SexLabs) or wait until they have a new version of SexLabs Framework. 

Edited by liars_paradox
On 11/16/2021 at 1:25 AM, 4nk8r said:

Old manifests are not being deleted (at least English 1.5.97 is still intact).  See here where I give examples using the DepotDownloader:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/95031-schlongs-of-skyrim-se/?do=findComment&comment=3574548

I tried DepotDownloader to download from Steam DB, and I downloaded exe, manifest, and core from the 2019 version, but the downloaded installer still forces me to use Steam to download which automatically goes to AE. 

On 11/16/2021 at 12:47 AM, HardRaine said:

Steam got rid of the older SE manifests making version fallback unavailable now, so if anybody gets snakebitten by this little AE dustup, here is a simple and effective way to get that crap out of your system (only do this if Bethesda snuck in, and ninja patched your game)...download this, and run it from Windows, not from inside a mod manager... then take the advice already given above about shutting your back door down tightly.  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57618?tab=description   *ES Modders saving players since 1995!*

{warning: large download, and the patcher takes several minutes to work its magic.  Also, must have a legal, properly installed version of Skyrim SE running, as this will not save the pirates.   * I have my Steam/SE installations on the F drive, and ran the patcher out of my main download directory, and it instantly found Skyrim SE.}

I was building a new profile the other night, and suddenly a bunch of crap .esms showed up in my load order, and several of my mod utilities began gang-failing (mainly FNIS blew its lunch, but so did Loot).  Oh crap, it was ninja patch night!  The next morning, after my anger subsided, I found that patcher, and all my blues went away.  No fuss, no muss, and we're back in the saddle again!

~

Make sure to save it!  Then, even if those crazy kids over at Bethesda figure out another novel way to sell their junk CC *cough* mods *cough*, we have a polite and pristine way to say; "NO thanks, matey!  But don't ye mad dawgs and englishmen have a major ES game which needs a'finishin'?"  Hey, isn't this strike 3 for Bethesda abruptly dumping on the Skyrim mod community while trying to corner the mod market, driven by $$$ signs dancing in their eyes?  Again.  Pffft.

Has anyone else confirmed if this works?

1 hour ago, liars_paradox said:

I tried DepotDownloader to download from Steam DB, and I downloaded exe, manifest, and core from the 2019 version, but the downloaded installer still forces me to use Steam to download which automatically goes to AE. 

I don't remember there being an installer involved in what I downloaded, unless you're referencing "installscript.vdf".  If so, just delete that.  Just consolidate the downloaded EXE and DATA manifests into 1 directory and you have a full install.  Avoid using SkyrimSELauncher.exe to ever start the game again, instead using SKSE64's launcher (make sure Steam has been started, or it will invoke SkyrimSELauncher.exe instead).  Delete the game's appmanifest file from Steam (disable Steam Cloud for SkyrimSE/AE 1st, then shut down Steam, remove the manifest, start Steam, game appears uninstalled, joy).

DepotDownloader works fine.

1 hour ago, liars_paradox said:

Has anyone else confirmed if this works?

Reports of this mod working as advertised appear to be accurate.

Edited by 4nk8r
2 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

I don't remember there being an installer involved in what I downloaded, unless you're referencing "installscript.vdf".  If so, just delete that.  Just consolidate the downloaded EXE and DATA manifests into 1 directory and you have a full install.  Avoid using SkyrimSELauncher.exe to ever start the game again, instead using SKSE64's launcher (make sure Steam has been started, or it will invoke SkyrimSELauncher.exe instead).  Delete the game's appmanifest file from Steam (disable Steam Cloud for SkyrimSE/AE 1st, then shut down Steam, remove the manifest, start Steam, game appears uninstalled, joy).

I used DepotDownloader.  Did you try to fix the Anniversay Edition issue or are you talking about some long-old memory from years past?  I'm talking about the AE instructions.  You download 3 things.  I did that, and when I go to click the EXE file, it forces Steam to start up and Steam automatically installs AE.  I go into Airport mode and Steam then says that it needs an internet connection to install Skyrim.

Edited by liars_paradox
1 hour ago, 4nk8r said:

I don't remember there being an installer involved in what I downloaded, unless you're referencing "installscript.vdf".  If so, just delete that.  

Deleted.

1 hour ago, 4nk8r said:

Just consolidate the downloaded EXE and DATA manifests into 1 directory and you have a full install. 

I did that.

1 hour ago, 4nk8r said:

Avoid using SkyrimSELauncher.exe to ever start the game again, instead using SKSE64's launcher (make sure Steam has been started, or it will invoke SkyrimSELauncher.exe instead). 

Okay.  I had to completely delete my "Data" folder.  So, Vortex is reinstalling everything.  I think that, however, one other time Vortex wouldn't launch the SKSE64 launcher because it kept insisting that I didn't have Skyrim Special Edition installed.

I hadn't played Skyrim in a couple of years.  I remember that I have a backup copy of the executable.  But, I think that if I try to use that then it's going to prevent me from loading it.  I have done this before.  I don't remember the error, but when I looked it up some guy on Reddit had asked about it and the people there kept telling him that he had a pirated copy and, in the usual Reddit fashion, were calling for him to be banned in header text.  

Edited by liars_paradox
12 minutes ago, liars_paradox said:

Please stop increasing your font. We understand you're frustrated, but increasing it means everyone has an even harder time reading your post and they may start ignoring you.

Looking at your screenshot, if you're trying to revert to SE from AE, you need binkw64.dll, not bink2w64.dll. The second is for AE only and SE cannot use it.

The other thing I note from your screenshot is all the file times are for 11/11, when AE released. I think you've just downloaded AE from the depo, and not SE.

If you're having trouble finding the right files in the depo, have you tried the patcher instead? I don't see that from your other posts on a quick glance. Full patcher works best, but if you want to try the new creations in SE, you may want the best of both worlds option.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57618

Edit: For the saves, if you have engine fixes, it doesn't work in AE. If you uninstalled engine fixes (as i did when messing around briefly with AE), then that will make all your saves unusable. Make sure engine fixes is installed and loading in SE before trying to use your old saves.

Edited by zarantha
3 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

Reports of this mod working as advertised appear to be accurate.

That's definitely not working.  No matter what, it won't let me launch the game w/o Steam, and Steam Immediately installs AE.  
Sorry about the Screencap.  I was going to go over what I did but started to give up.  You have to download Core, Disk, and EXE.  
The older versions didn't require that you download all 3, but the new instructions do.

DB 1.PNG

Edited by liars_paradox
28 minutes ago, zarantha said:

Please stop increasing your font. We understand you're frustrated, but increasing it means everyone has an even harder time reading your post and they may start ignoring you.

Looking at your screenshot, if you're trying to revert to SE from AE, you need binkw64.dll, not bink2w64.dll. The second is for AE only and SE cannot use it.

The other thing I note from your screenshot is all the file times are for 11/11, when AE released. I think you've just downloaded AE from the depo, and not SE.

If you're having trouble finding the right files in the depo, have you tried the patcher instead? I don't see that from your other posts on a quick glance. Full patcher works best, but if you want to try the new creations in SE, you may want the best of both worlds option.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57618

Edit: For the saves, if you have engine fixes, it doesn't work in AE. If you uninstalled engine fixes (as i did when messing around briefly with AE), then that will make all your saves unusable. Make sure engine fixes is installed and loading in SE before trying to use your old saves.

My bad.  I recall downloading the earlier version.  The download date is probably from because I download on the day that Steam Ninja updated my installation while I was sleeping!  
I tried installing SKSE 64 version 2.00.20 directly from the zip file and I get this error (second screenshot).  Vortex is kind of weird like that, it will tell you something is installed when it's not.  I find that when it's rapid installing it tends to do that.  But, if I keep my old Data folder then it's riddled with AE content.  

I don't want to go through the process of downloading everything again.  DepotDownloader doesn't seem as reliable as your web browser.  

dowload folder.PNG

skse64 error.PNG

Edited by liars_paradox
7 minutes ago, liars_paradox said:

My bad.  I recall downloading the earlier version.  The download date is probably from because I download on the day that Steam Ninja updated my installation while I was sleeping!  
I tried installing SKSE 64 version 2.00.20 directly from the zip file and I get this error (second screenshot).  Vortex is kind of weird like that, it will tell you something is installed when it's not.  I find that when it's rapid installing it tends to do that.  But, if I keep my old Data folder then it's riddled with AE content.  

I don't want to go through the process of downloading everything again.  DepotDownloader doesn't seem as reliable as your web browser.  

dowload folder.PNG

skse64 error.PNG

Not quite. For the EXEs at least, the file date is when the file was released and not necessarily when you last downloaded it.  Since the file dates are from Nov 11th, tells me that AE is installed right now, which is why SKSE 2.0.20 says you have a newer game. The skse for AE is 2.1.2, but it's alpha right now and not recommended to use unless you have no choice.

Or another way to explaine this: your file dates should either be dated today if you tried the patcher today (something wrote to the files directly to modify them, this is what I have) or should be older than Nov 11th. When you download from the depo, your files should be dated from before the 11th for the SE version. I think the skyrimse.exe file date should be 8/15/2020, that's the file I have backed up.

The mod I linked will revert your game without having to redownload anything else for SE. It's the method I used for reverting back. I know depo downloader works, but it's not something I've tried myself, so I can't help you with that.

I used this: Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Downgrade Patcher

It edits the files directly to revert it back, and you aren't redownloading the files from steam.