[mod] [Stellaris] Make Space Sexy Again

1 hour ago, monkeydark1 said:

All these Stellaris mods Santa's come at last. Thanks for your hard work :smiley: . Just a question, apart from the events, are you planning on adding any species/traits for this or are you leaving that to the other mods?

As of right now adding traits is out of the scope of this mod. Theman221's mod is covering traits. In the future, depending on how his mod develops, I may make it a requirement for using this mod (or have an optional addon that uses traits from it).

Same sort of thing with the species. I'm not going to be adding any portraits. And that probably won't be changing. I do have some ideas for events that spawn in species (as of right now these concepts would use traits from theman221's mod).

49 minutes ago, Bloodly said:
  • Materialist: They'll have a similar outlook as militarists, except they'll won't to study the xenos. Expect engineering research.

Remember that Society also covers Genetics.  Of course, it'll depend on what's being studied.

I'm somewhat trying to limit overlapping when possible. We'll see though. Nothing is really set in stone at this point.

Depending on how much free time and concepts I have, I might be able to add 5 more anomalies tomorrow. I really want to add some uninhabitable anomalies and more asteroid anomalies, but right now I don't have any good ideas for either, so I'll probably throw out a few more planetary anomalies. 

On a side note: I'd love to see a screen shot of the first time one of you guys gets the event "Invasive Tentacles" and what your thoughts are on it. Its my intent to have a plethora of similar events that may develop into chains.

From the "Sexual species/leader and traits" thread:

8 hours ago, darkspleen said:

I've added a readme in the latest version that includes links to all the authors.

I very much appreciate any aid offered mk40. What's funny is that I already had the image you are suggesting for the tentacle swarm. Personally I like what I have for the tentacle swarm, but I'll definitely use your suggestion for a future event. I can't see any difference between our versions of the slime event picture. Am I just blind? lol. Those other pics are going to be super useful and thank you so much for making them the correct size. I think the leashes are awesome.

I've finally made my own thread so we can stop hijacking theman's.

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5079-stellaris-make-space-sexy-again/

No problem ;)

If you found any cool pictures but it's not large enough to fit correctly the 450 x 150 px dimension (need to be a lot cropped for example), just let me know. I got some tricks to increase the width of an image, so you don't have to crop it too much. It depends of scene of course, but I would say it generaly works.

About the tentacle swarm, honeslty it's just personnal taste at this point. I'm the type of person who is super picky when it come to modding, I like to have mods that integrate well with the original game art style. So that's mainly why I've looked for an alternative picture to replace the current swarm event. But like I said, just personnal taste. :smiley: 

Concerning the difference between your and my version of the slime event picture, it's not the same framing and I did some minor editing to make the scene less "flat" and have more depth overall. Here a comparison, on the left your picture and on the right the edited one:

image.thumb.png.f4d58142e7da12164a67b31c1f4d5180.png

By the way, this drawing would fit an alien market themed event perfectly (well it's the title of drawing after all): https://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/BenMorbez/538234/ESF---Alien-market

The framing shouldn't be too much an issue, so if you're interested, just let me know, I'll be happy do the coloring for this one. But as it will take some time to do it, I need to be sure that you will actually use it, don't want to do that for nothing. :tongue: 

There is also this one that could be framed correctly: https://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/BenMorbez/530463/ESF---Insect-breeding
But same, need to know if you would plan to use it before I do the coloring.

I also found two other pictures that could be interesting for your events, I'll frame them to the right dimension and post them here later in the day.

Also, concerning the Materialist, I would see them as wanting to do experiments like you said, but I can also see them wanting to do some interspecies reproduction in order to conserves endangered alien life forms. I believe that would fit with their ethics. Actually it would also fit the Xenophiles ethics... Hmm... Well, that could be interesting for a potential event chain that would happen only for Materialist and Xenophiles.

By the way, for the DDS compression of your event pictures, you should use these settings (same compression as Stellaris DDS files) instead of the DXT1 that generally adds compression artefacts:
image.png.0728fec226c03403e8c35fcc55a929c4.png

PS: Well, that was a long post...

Mk40 first of all you are a bro amongst bros.

I've been cropping ALL of the images I've used thus far. Obviously some are better done than others. I might be shooting you a few pics in the days to come.

As for the tentacle swarm pic its a number of factors for me. 1) I'm not going to be too picky about style (in my mind quality and selection outweigh maintaining a specific style of art). 2) I get a lot of my ideas from the art itself, so once I've made an event I'm probably not going to be too keen on changing the pic. 3) Honestly I just like the anime art style (though there are some anime art styles that are... less than likable). Having said all of that, as I mentioned previously, I already had your suggested pic slated for another event and you are saving me some work by cropping it already.

And with the two slime event pics side by side I 100% see what you mean. I'll be using your version in the next released version of the mod.

If you'd be willing to color those pics that would be beyond awesome. I could totally use both of them.

I definitely see what you mean regarding the ethics. I've been toying around with the idea of having a few options that require two ethics to use. Not sure how feasible that is... We'll see. A conservation event chain would definitely be interesting. This is something I'll have to ponder further.

And I'm a complete noob when it comes to DDS compression, so thanks for the heads up.

1 hour ago, darkspleen said:

I've been cropping ALL of the images I've used thus far. Obviously some are better done than others. I might be shooting you a few pics in the days to come.

Sure, I'll be happy to help on this part. Well you can also send me the originals pictures for the interstellar exchange and the cockpit event if you want, I'll see if I can get a better framing for them too.

As for the tentacle swarm pic its a number of factors for me. 1) I'm not going to be too picky about style (in my mind quality and selection outweigh maintaining a specific style of art). 2) I get a lot of my ideas from the art itself, so once I've made an event I'm probably not going to be too keen on changing the pic. 3) Honestly I just like the anime art style (though there are some anime art styles that are... less than likable). Having said all of that, as I mentioned previously, I already had your suggested pic slated for another event and you are saving me some work by cropping it already.

Like I said, this is just personnal taste. I completly understand that you prefer to keep the current one, I'm not trying to make you change it. I was just explaining why I choose this particular picture. ;) 

If you'd be willing to color those pics that would be beyond awesome. I could totally use both of them.

Alright then. I'll keep you informed about it. :smile: 

I definitely see what you mean regarding the ethics. I've been toying around with the idea of having a few options that require two ethics to use. Not sure how feasible that is... We'll see. A conservation event chain would definitely be interesting. This is something I'll have to ponder further.

Speaking of which, I got some ideas for this, so I'll post something about it later. Also got an idea for a chain event involving the current slime event and the military ethics.

Cool stuff!

Here's some quick thoughts on ethics:

Pacifist: Offering sex as a "peaceful" solution? Or, since they're "space hippies" (basically), I'd expect some space sex-parties. And maybe recreational drugs.

Materialist: I'd also expect sex bots, toys, drugs, etc.

Egalitarian: Since authoritarians would be fond of sex slaves, I'd expect the opposite here - maybe some sort of scenario to take over/brake apart a sex slavery ring, or something like that. Also, since everyone is important, they might want to "integrate" even the darkest corners of their society... (Unionized sex workers, anyone?)

Okay, so as I said earlier, here's the other picture that I found interesting for potential events:

Spoiler

image.png.be33bcd5fedf0c1cf3498fe34bf7f185.png

This one could be used for a violent encounter with an unknown species or containment failure maybe.

Original author: unknown, couldn't find it so far...

image.png.4592fc8d9af01ee44cd262e3382a4563.png

Could fit perfectly for an event where a mad scientist or a rogue scientist (or both) is doing some interspecies experiments.

Original author: https://www.hentai-foundry.com/user/faustie/profile

image.png.233e69543ef7af2e8ed12d15d0f58785.png

More tentacles! But this time for plants based event. Can also involve lactation in addition to that.

Original author: https://www.hentai-foundry.com/user/Synthean/profile

I've included an archive file with the all dds files ready to use: event pics.7z

And here's my rought idea about the idea for a chain event involving the current slime event and the military ethics:

Spoiler

Slime event chain for militarist ethics (Slime armies):

Add an option to the current Slime event: Find some military usage to it.
Upon choosing this option, it starts a follow up event, asking for a military transport to pickup more slime on the asteroid. After the completion of the follow up event, it has a chance to unlock a new research that will make you able to create slime armies. Could also unlock a new building that you need to build on a planet in order to create slime armies. I was also thinking about adding a new resource that will spawn on the asteroid where the anomaly happened. It will be needed in order to produce slime armies, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to do (probably doable by reverse engineering some mods :P).

Concerning the slime armies, I was thinking about an army unit with low HP and low damage but with high morale damages. 

If you like the idea, I'll try to create a template for this. ;) 

Jesus! Those pics are perfect! That first one especially blows away what I was going to use for the "Xeno Terror" event, so you'll definitely be seeing it in the next update.

I really like the idea of the slime armies its just... I have no fucking clue how to make new army types or anything like that. We are going to hold that idea in reserve for now. My current goal is to hit ~10-20 anomalies for inhabitable planets, uninhabitable planets, and asteroids each as well as a number of country and colony events before looking into adding assets such as army types or strategic resources. Still I cannot stress enough how much I'm loving these ideas I've been getting. I do want to implement them, I'm just going to wait till I'm skilled enough to do so well.

3 minutes ago, darkspleen said:

I really like the idea of the slime armies its just... I have no fucking clue how to make new army types or anything like that.

Well, fortunately, I know how to do it. So, I'll try to make a template for this at some point. ;) 

If I knew more about the event mechanics I probably would've started something similar myself. Had a few thoughts to add as well.

Firstly, I probably wouldn't tie research categories into the ethos, but rather the type of event:

• Society for biological interactions (sapients, animals, plantoids, tentacles, etc.)
  • Engineering for anything machine-related (robots, toys, devices, etc.)
  • Physics for weird stuff (extra dimensional beings, anomalous encounters, etc.)

Survey scientist event ideas:

• Two generic options in addition to ethos based options
    • Archive the encounter to avoid embarrassing the survey scientist. (Single, lump sum research boost in appropriate category, and experience reward for the scientist involved)
    • Publicize the encounter (Temporary % research boost in appropriate category for maybe 5 years or something, but involved scientist gains a negative "embarrassing exploits" trait of some kind that either reduces the chance of these events from happening (if possible) or just reduces anomaly discovery and/or research speed for them being hesitant to have another public encounter. xenophile empires excluded, xenophobe empires get a worse debuff).
  • Differences between event research successes and failures (maybe set them at higher levels to increase "failure" risk)
    • Successes naturally being more controlled instances with the encounters (nothing breaks loose, goes wrong, etc.)
    • "Failures" resulting in the opposite (stuff breaks/is set loose, machines malfunction, etc.)
  • Tying into the previous point. Maybe add a chance X number of years after an encounter event for the survey scientist involved to develop a "xeno desire" trait
    • Grants increased anomaly discovery chance (increased desire for further encounters), and (if possible) unlocks special events that can trigger for that scientist at random where things find their way on board the ship.
    • Xenophiles would welcome the change of course
    • Xenophobes would either reject it or unlock a separate set of events with them on the dominating side
    • Materialists would see opportunities for research
    • Spiritualists would chastise them for giving in to "base desires"
    • Authoritarians would criticize a lack of discipline
    • Egalitarians would accept the choices of the individual
    • And I'll admit I can't think of a unique reaction for militarists or pacifists

Building ideas:

• Naturally anything with a mad scientist at a research lab doing biological experiments, machine experiments or dimensional experiments for planetary events.
  • Alien Zoo buildings could trigger special events where someone sneaks in for some fun with the flora and/or fauna, or something breaks out and has fun with the patrons.
    • society research reward
  • Alien Toy Factory produces some "toys" for the populace, or unleashes some more automated toys on them instead.
    • engineering research reward
  • Research Institute or Psi Corps could bring in extradimensional beings and other crazy stuff
    • physics research reward
  • Perhaps buildings unique to the mod that can trigger their own events as well.

Ethos specific ideas:

• Xenophiles
    • Naturally more inclined to encounters with xenos.
    • Maybe enjoy encounters other ethos followers would not.
  • Xenophobes
    • Differing options depending on whether their own people are dominant or not.
    • Some options can "save their people from the foul xeno(s)" for a lump sum influence reward
  • Authoritarians
    • Prefers being "in charge" during encounters.
    • Potential slavery options and events.
  • Egalitarians
    • Respects the choices of the individuals, but may also side with the beings in the encounters under some circumstances.
    • Against slavery options and events.
  • Militarists
    • Invasion events that either increase pop growth speed on the planet, or outright drop a pop of their primary species on the invaded planet but add unrest as well.
  • Pacifists
    • Events to more easily pacify unruly pops through non-violent means by "enticing" the populations.
  • Materialists
    • Primarily see encounters as opportunities for research
  • Spiritualists
    • Taking from the game's actual lore, perhaps something specific with the "worms." They are the source of psionic powers and are eldritch horrors from another dimension.
    • Other ethos could be repulsed by any events involving the "worms" but expanding on the divine and demonic idea maybe have spiritualists embrace those events

Alternate primitive event species ideas:

• Infiltration events could involve a different kind of "infiltration"
  • Enlightenment progress events could have alternate events where the species and the scientists interact on more than just a scientific level
    • Progress bonus for positive intermingling
    • Progress penalty when either scientists or species assault the other
5 hours ago, Raana said:

Firstly, I probably wouldn't tie research categories into the ethos, but rather the type of event:

• Society for biological interactions (sapients, animals, plantoids, tentacles, etc.)
  • Engineering for anything machine-related (robots, toys, devices, etc.)
  • Physics for weird stuff (extra dimensional beings, anomalous encounters, etc.)

Completly agree with this, would make more sense overall.