WiP: Mod Development Slave Manor

coffeeink

Hello Community :-)

I hope it's the right forum folder, if not just move it.

General Talking

I'm not very well known in the community because i don't post a lot here but i want you to introduce you to my current modding project. At this Moment it's only a Framework with 0 real Playable Content expect some Debug Stuff for testing the Game mechanics. That's why i don't release any Files. Doesn't make sense. Why i'm already writing a topic without releasing anything?

And sorry for my English. It's not my mother tongue.

Simply 2 Reasons:

Number 1: I want to collect some feedback and ideas (it's hard to design quest which are not resulting into boring stuff, every trivial task needs variation and a little bit spicy)

Number 2: I need some help in some areas. I suck at Character-, Landscape- and Building Design.  Maybe 1 or 2 persons getting interested and want to participate :-) It would be sad if the idea fails because i'm not able to deign an interesting environment. 

About the Mod:

In this Platform we have some very great mods with a lot of different kind of experiences. On the one side we have great mods like Maria Eden (which i realy enjoy because of the level of details), more linear quest mods like Slaverun or Trapped in Rubber, or Slave Quest lines in Captured Dreams,Cursed Loot Slavery Part or SD+. Every mod is providing great content and i took impressions from every mod. With all these impressions i came up with the following mod idea:

First i wanted to implement it as an addon for Maria Eden, but at some point a realized that this mod from the intention is not compatible to the setting Maria is building up.

The Slave Manor

A Big isolated Play Area  for you adventure. You are a slave for a noble family. One of a lot of slaves. The Manor is just more than a big house, it's an own Castle with different buildings (for tasks and jobs),  arena for fights and (pony) races, farms and ofc. the manor for the family. This will be located in an own worldspace to avoid problems with mods or events.

The whole  Manor work is done by slaves. If they behave the have a 'good' slave live. If not the tasks gets more humiliating and worse. This is reflected by different slave ranks. From Rank 0 to Rank 5. Rank 0 means you are worth nothing and you can be happy to serve as decoration, mob up to serve the family directly, get an own room in the manor and being in charge of other slaves. The starting rank is 2 (normal work slave). There is a strong hierarchy:

Masters (family)

Overseers

Guards

Slaves Rank 5

Slaves Rank 0

Every higher rank can command the lower ranks until a specif commands. (Which means, if a rank 5 slave tells you to do smth., you have to do it. If you are in a task for a rank 5 Slave and a guard want's something from you, you have to do what the guard wants). At some point (planned Rank 4) you can also command other slaves in jobs. For example checking if the manor slaves doing the jobs and are not lazy slaves. If the overall performance is to bad, it's your fault.

I hope the intention about the ranks getting clear :-)

To get promoted or downgraded you need a specific amount of points. You have a minimal workload to do and everything on top gives you points or if oy don'T get the minimal points, you lose points. If you worked a specific amount of days in a rank , the rank can get changed.

Current planned task are:

- daily work like: farm work, cleaning, cooking, etc.

- mining

- working in different buildings etc.

- serving a visitor of the manor

- training

- take care of needs

Special events (1 per Week)

- A big party

- Race

- Arena Fight

Based on the rank the task are sligthly different or not available: If you are a Rank 0 Slave and you have to clean after the party you will get no mob, you have other possibilites. As Rank 3 Slave you get a broom. Rank 5 slave doesn't do this kind of work. 

Another example: at a party you can work as a servant, companion of a guest for entertainment or simply a play toy for everyone. depending on your rank.

If you fail at a quest, day or not behave you will get punished. Which can result easily in negative points, whipping, devices etc. But as an exception to other mods, it's planned to also punish the player and not only playing a whipping scene. whipping hurts your Char and this will result in negative stats for your character. Which makes it harder to perform the current task or the next days.  It's hard to get the soup from the kitchen to the dinning room while it's hot if you wearing high heels and a hobble dress. Or working in a mine while your back is still hurting from the whipping. 

And i think this kind of challenge makes even the cleaning quest interesting. 

And this is the goal of the whole quest system. Everyday should feel as something new.  

Planned Features:

- Clothing System: Define the clothes as you want. If you want the Rank 4 slaves naked. Go for it, you want them in maid dresses, go for it, you want them in shiny Anime Dragon cosplays? go for it. everything is up to you.

- Rank System (See above)

- Punishment System (See Text wall above)

- DD Items Configuration and switching (it will be random but if you don't like the random type just ask for a new one)

- Fully dynamic System. Every link shall be done via json files. Even Quests shall be linked only via json. you want develop an own taks. Just do it, and enter the details of the quest in the json file. Or add simply new NPCs etc. // to be honest, i'm not sure what i can to here. If i understood the System correctly it should be do able. I'm working on it -- Working =)

- Player keeps control. You don't want to do a specific quest. Just skip it and get a new one.

- Every NPC shall be unique get his own daily scedule. No one likes dead generic NPCs (i call them Bethesda NPCs since Fallout 4 :-) )

Not Planned:

- Gore: I simply don't like it. There is no sense to amputee your slaves. They cost money and they are your workforce.  But if you realy want it, somebody will maybe implement it and you can integrate it with the dynamic system. 

- Ending: There is no Ending planned. If you are a slave in the manor, you are a slave in the manor.  No escape planned. Why would they release a very good Slave and why would they sell them. Maybe i implement a selling part for failing rank 0 slaves(via simple slavery) or what i'm currently more liking is a dead end: In a cage outside starving to death as a warning for other low rank slaves to not fail like you did.

- development end: If development is ending, a mod is dead :-) i have a milestone/ feature plan plan what i want to implement and that's it.

Already implemented

- Clothing System: Define your Clothes for each rank by your own. You can use clothing from the game and mods. (i recommend not to use DDs, because they are used for punsihments)

- Basic Framework Hooks

- Basic Dialog Tasks (trigger Sex, Change Devices etc.)

- Basic Framework Architecture

- Start Quest for Test Activities :-)

- Load a dynamic Quest

Current dev focus:

- NPC Management (I don't want hard references, NPCs should load from another esp and loaded dynamic to get the possibility to create own NPCs and include them in the mods and simply add a string in a JSON file)

- Quest Management (Same as above, Manor Quest shall not be part in the Main File. I want to dynamc load them into the Quest Manager. Own idea? Just implement it and add the esp)

- Ask for permission by different modders for using some code as template. Why develop everything from scratch if it's already done and only need to be modified :-)

That's all for now. Thanks for reading

9 hours ago, coffeeink said:

Already implemented

- Clothing System: Define your Clothes for each rank by your own. You can use clothing from the game and mods. (i recommend not to use DDs, because they are used for punsihments)

- Basic Framework Hooks

- Basic Dialog Tasks (trigger Sex, Change Devices etc.)

- Basic Framework Architecture

- Start Quest for Test Activities :-)

- Load a dynamic Quest

Have you somehow managed to create dynamic dialog?  That has been a complete stop to many a modder.

What do you mean with dynamic Dialog?

Do you mean to trigger a topic? Modifying Infos? Or make a complete dialog without any Branch?/topic etc.

Option 1 should be trivial. Just side load the topic and use the say Command

It's my next point on my agenda for today to have a look into Dialogs. I finished yesterday my Quest Manager to side load a Quest and starting it.

Ok as far is i understand it: Pls correct me if i'm wrong.

Modifying a Topic text or Info is not impossible but it's not worth development time due risks and instability.

The problem is, that the dialog system isn't part of the regular Modding environment. It's handled by a different engine.

So You are able to trigger it with the say command. Obj.say(TopicRef, ...). The Texts are able to be modified via  the Text Replacement Engine.

I didn't tested it but how i think it could work as a realy dirty workaround: 

With Text Replace you are able to replace the Info string with References and the names in it. You are able to set Names dynamicly via Papyrus. => you are able to write the Topics and just reference the text to the Objectname. you create 1 Generic Dialog with the condition to enable an answer or topic. And with this you are at least we should be able to change responses on a dynamic way.

What's currently missing is to get the choosen answers and callbacks. I also have an idea how to do that. 

But overall i'm not happy with this kind of solution. And im sure some others had the same idea and i didn't see it implemented in a  singe quest.

On 23.12.2017 at 3:48 PM, coffeeink said:

That's all for now. Thanks for reading

Sounds like a very interesting concept to me. Reminds me a bit of the "Slave Town" mod that (used to?) exists for FNV and which I found very interesting when I played it a few years ago, but your story/ideas seem a bit more detailed. I'll definitely keep watching this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

In the hope that this mod comes to live, here something i've found and that might make your goal a bit easier: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/81568

Several of more or less sexy animations, several of them for maid work... sounds useful to me for your goal. :smile:

Btw, if you want to be sure somebody answers you like Waxenfigure above, quote him or use @coffeeink, replacing the name ofc. ;)

Wow this Animations are awesome. :-) I'm currently working on the Design of the Manor on Paper. It's hard to create a "Manor"  which isn't to big with a lot of empty space and at the same time to small. I'm not a big fan of one big Room and placing everything randomly. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/24/2017 at 2:36 PM, coffeeink said:

What do you mean with dynamic Dialog?

Do you mean to trigger a topic? Modifying Infos? Or make a complete dialog without any Branch?/topic etc.

Option 1 should be trivial. Just side load the topic and use the say Command

It's my next point on my agenda for today to have a look into Dialogs. I finished yesterday my Quest Manager to side load a Quest and starting it.

Ok as far is i understand it: Pls correct me if i'm wrong.

Modifying a Topic text or Info is not impossible but it's not worth development time due risks and instability.

The problem is, that the dialog system isn't part of the regular Modding environment. It's handled by a different engine.

So You are able to trigger it with the say command. Obj.say(TopicRef, ...). The Texts are able to be modified via  the Text Replacement Engine.

I didn't tested it but how i think it could work as a realy dirty workaround: 

With Text Replace you are able to replace the Info string with References and the names in it. You are able to set Names dynamicly via Papyrus. => you are able to write the Topics and just reference the text to the Objectname. you create 1 Generic Dialog with the condition to enable an answer or topic. And with this you are at least we should be able to change responses on a dynamic way.

What's currently missing is to get the choosen answers and callbacks. I also have an idea how to do that. 

But overall i'm not happy with this kind of solution. And im sure some others had the same idea and i didn't see it implemented in a  singe quest.

Changing topic text is not hard, you can use 1 topic for as many dialogues as you want, problem is that you cant change topic info/prompt, so you would need lots of topic info forms...

Unless you want extremes and do something like apropos widgets that would show replies and hotkeys you need to press, but in that case you'd probably be better w/o skyrim dialogues alltogather

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 5/14/2019 at 3:42 AM, Lyreal said:

I want to know, is this mod still alive. I hope so because I wait eagerly. :)

why the you gotta necro bruh

Archived