Adding new animation packs without having Creature Pack

I have FNIS 6.3 without the Creature Pack. I use SLAL's Loader, ZAZ animation & extension pack & Leito's animation pack from but I have no idea how many animations I can have in total & I'm about to install 5 more packs: Nibbles, Rydin's, FunnyBizness, Suke's, & Zanarok's packs but they all have creature animations & in the past I was told by some that I don't need it for the human animations to work. I also have no idea that if the creature animations from ZAZ & Leito are even in my game anyways or detected by FNIS since I don't have the Creature Pack.

My questions are:

1. What is FNIS 6.3's limit on animations that can be used?

2. For any pack in general, If I don't have the Creature Pack installed, does anyone know if FNIS still registers the creature animations in any installed pack anyways to take space up, even if they can't technically be used in-game without the Creature Pack?

3. If I decide to install Creature Pack, how should I do it? I use Nexus Manager so can I just install it from there without restarting the whole process for installing FNIS?

4. I was told that there is an expanded FNIS with a higher animation limit than the original. If that's true, how do I install that over the normal FNIS in a way that doesn't break my game? If I need it to not hit the limit of animations registered, how do I safely replace the old FNIS with the expanded one without breaking my game & having to start a new one? Do I just overwrite the small one with the bigger one in Nexus Manager or do I uninstall FNIS & all the packs currently installed first, then install the expanded FNIS & the animation packs afterwards? Also is the steps for installing the Creature Pack the same for the expanded FNIS?

I installed Leito's pack months ago without the Creature Pack in the 1st place & it worked fine so I'm currently basing all of this on that experience but I don't know if all animation packs work like that one.

45 minutes ago, Destroyah340 said:

FNIS is not a problem, you will hit the sexlab limit first, and Creatures use there own animation pool therefor the limit is not shared.

1. i think 6.3 had a 6000 limit or 12000 with the xxl version, v7 has something like 10000-20000.

2. no creature pack = no creature animations to register, but the human part of the animation will still be registered by FNIS.

3&4. i don't use mod managers so i can't help you there, with manual install it's just drag & drop and click on "yes to all", then rerun the GenerateFNISforUsers.exe and it's good to go.

all SLAL Packs work the same way (but some may have animated objects to deal with).

13 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

FNIS is not a problem, you will hit the sexlab limit first, and Creatures use there own animation pool therefor the limit is not shared.

1. i think 6.3 had a 6000 limit or 12000 with the xxl version, v7 has something like 10000-20000.

2. no creature pack = no creature animations to register, but the human part of the animation will still be registered by FNIS.

3&4. i don't use mod managers so i can't help you there, with manual install it's just drag & drop and click on "yes to all", then rerun the GenerateFNISforUsers.exe and it's good to go.

all SLAL Packs work the same way (but some may have animated objects to deal with).

Thnx for the reply, I recognize u from the post I made regarding female humanoid creatures lol. Do you know what happens if I install the Creature Pack later on & want the creature animations from each pack for the same reason as that old post? Would I have to rerun FNIS right after Creature Pack in order for it to register the creature animations & it would do it even if it didn't at the packs initial install date (meaning I dont have to delete & reinstall the animation packs individually in order to get the creature animations)

Also I didn't know SexLab has an animation limit. How big is it cuz I have 4781 currently & I haven't counted how many the above packs I'm considering would add yet?

3 hours ago, Destroyah340 said:

Thnx for the reply, I recognize u from the post I made regarding female humanoid creatures lol. Do you know what happens if I install the Creature Pack later on & want the creature animations from each pack for the same reason as that old post? Would I have to rerun FNIS right after Creature Pack in order for it to register the creature animations & it would do it even if it didn't at the packs initial install date (meaning I dont have to delete & reinstall the animation packs individually in order to get the creature animations)

Also I didn't know SexLab has an animation limit. How big is it cuz I have 4781 currently & I haven't counted how many the above packs I'm considering would add yet?

it should be safe to install or update FNIS and it's creature pack at any time, you will need to rerun GenerateFNISforUsers.exe and in game have "Allow Creature Animation" checked in SexLab's MCM settings before you can use creature animations. in SLAL's MCM you may need to do this:

8. you may need to reload the animations, go to the Animation Loader's MCM and then:
8.1. click on the "Disable All" button.
8.2. click on "Rebuild Animation Registry", then Wait for the message to pop up*.
8.3. click on "Reload JSON".
8.4. click on "Enable All".
8.5. click on "Register Animations", then Wait for the message to pop up*.
*if you like you can press "~" on your keyboard to open the console so you can watch it Register everything, just make sure you close it before you try to click on anything.

SexLab's limit is 500 slots but it's not counted in the same way as FNIS, something like a 2 actor 4 stage SexLab/SLAL animation scene counts as 8 in FNIS, but it only counts as 1 slot in SexLab. you can free up some slots by turning off unwanted animation in SLAL and clicking on "Rebuild Animation Registry".

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

it should be safe to install or update FNIS and it's creature pack at any time, you will need to rerun GenerateFNISforUsers.exe and in game have "Allow Creature Animation" checked in SexLab's MCM settings before you can use creature animations. in SLAL's MCM you may need to do this:

SexLab's limit is 500 slots but it's not counted in the same way as FNIS, something like a 2 actor 4 stage SexLab/SLAL animation scene counts as 8 in FNIS, but it only counts as 1 slot in SexLab. you can free up some slots by turning off unwanted animation in SLAL and clicking on "Rebuild Animation Registry".

Adding FunnyBizness's SLAL Pack by Shashankie has given me a error 2026 for too many animations. Nexus Manager didn't try to install every single one though, it gave me choices by category like human, rape, etc. so I didn't even choose the creature ones as I haven't gotten Creature Pack yet. If you know the answer please tell me, Can I simply install FNIS 7.0 or the XL version of it & it will overwrite 6.3 WITHOUT breaking my game & use all the animations correctly???

Also since FunnyBizness's pack gave me choices at its install instead of installing all animations at once, does that mean I will have to delete it & reinstall it once I decide to add the Creature Pack in the future in order to get the creature options it gave me at the initial install?

1 hour ago, Destroyah340 said:

Adding FunnyBizness's SLAL Pack by Shashankie has given me a error 2026 for too many animations. Nexus Manager didn't try to install every single one though, it gave me choices by category like human, rape, etc. so I didn't even choose the creature ones as I haven't gotten Creature Pack yet. If you know the answer please tell me, Can I simply install FNIS 7.0 or the XL version of it & it will overwrite 6.3 WITHOUT breaking my game & use all the animations correctly???

see above post:

it should be safe to install or update FNIS and it's creature pack at any time

1 hour ago, Destroyah340 said:

Also since FunnyBizness's pack gave me choices at its install instead of installing all animations at once, does that mean I will have to delete it & reinstall it once I decide to add the Creature Pack in the future in order to get the creature options it gave me at the initial install?

again i don't use mod managers and therefor don't know how to deal with there bullshit.

21 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

see above post:

again i don't use mod managers and therefor don't know how to deal with there bullshit.

I hope that works, the author of FNIS on Nexus hasn't given me a straight answer whether or not it'd work plus there aren't any notes or instructions regarding updates either so fuck me right?

And lucky u with managers tbh. I can't install mods manually cuz my Skyrim refuses to let BodySlide or CBBE work as a manual install, same with Special Edition. Plus I have certain mods the authors EXPLICITLY require a manager to work too so  ̄\_(ツ)_/ ̄

UPDATE: So it does seem to have worked so far. Simply installing 7.0XL with Nexus Manager allowed me to overwrite 6.3, re-register all my current animation packs, & let them run in-game without CTDs or other bugs. Was able to delete 6.3 safely as well (I wish the FNIS author would have just told me that straight up from the beginning so I wouldn't have to keep freaking out & flipping convos between you two, taking up all our time) so now I'm going to try installing FunnyBizness's pack again same way like before without the Creature Pack just to make sure it works & find out how many damn animations it tried to give me last time. If it works, I'll see about gettin the CP & gettin those female humanoid creature animations working, if not then fuck it lmao.

Though now I gotta talk to SexLab Defeat's mod author too cuz after adding my 1st new animation pack tonite, I couldn't even access that mods animation tag section in its MCM without getting a CTD so I got that shit to deal with too!

53 minutes ago, Destroyah340 said:

I hope that works, the author of FNIS on Nexus hasn't given me a straight answer whether or not it'd work plus there aren't any notes or instructions regarding updates either so fuck me right?

he's on LoversLab as well, i think he may have just gotten sick of repeatedly answering the same questions.

Btw regarding FNIS limit, fore told me that creature animations and human animations have a seperated counter in FNIS just as in sexlab. So i think it totally is possible to hit the FNIS animation limit for non-XXL versions before the sexlab limit. ;) For v7 FNIS XXL has a limit of 20k, though... that's more than i'd recommend to install^^

he's on LoversLab as well, i think he may have just gotten sick of repeatedly answering the same questions.

Would have been a non-issue for myself & others if he'd write in a little section under the Installation part titled "Updating FNIS" saying "Yes you can safely update this mod from any previous version anytime or up to this version here" or say "No you cannot update this mod from previous versions, you must uninstall the original 1st then install the new one to a clean save" or some shit idk. Wouldn't have been pestering him if there were clearer instructions cuz god knows how some authors like to be vague af on their mods.

Either way problem solved for now, still gotta make sure if FunnyBiz stuff works alright then if I can use Creature Pack stuff no problem too. thnx for your help here & on my old ass post a month ago btw

22 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

Uh how do I know exactly when I hit SexLab's limit of animations btw? I installed FunnyBizness's pack finally (works btw) & only the human & rape categories (no Guro, creature, or molag), then  I registered them in SLAL & in SexLab's animation toggle section.

THEN I used Defeat to try them out & while the FunnyBiz animations where there, most of the Leito & other animations that I've had from the start to choose from during an animation were not. This used to happen on a smaller scale back before I downloaded any of these new packs though, maybe one or 2 animations not available for that specific animation event & they'd be back the next time I had sex with another NPC, but its never happened to over a dozen animations before. I have yet to try to start more sex with other NPC's in order to see if the list gets changed up everytime but if the other animations dont come back, does that mean I have hit SexLab's limit? Is there a way to increase it or is that not possible yet?

44 minutes ago, Destroyah340 said:

Uh how do I know exactly when I hit SexLab's limit of animations btw? I installed FunnyBizness's pack finally (works btw) & only the human & rape categories (no Guro, creature, or molag), then  I registered them in SLAL & in SexLab's animation toggle section.

ScreenShot999.jpg

here in SexLab's MCM you can see the animation limit.

ScreenShot1000.jpg

in SLAL's MCM you can click on this to get a animation count.

ScreenShot1001.jpg

in this example i am over the creature animation limit by 23, therefor i would need to turn off 23 animations.

ScreenShot999.jpg

here in SexLab's MCM you can see the animation limit.

ScreenShot1000.jpg

in SLAL's MCM you can click on this to get a animation count.

ScreenShot1001.jpg

in this example i am over the creature animation limit by 23, therefor i would need to turn off 23 animations.

Ok I'm at 420/500 so I'm safe supposedly (its weird tho cuz FNIS said my animation count jumped from around 5400 to about 7600 after getting FunnyBiz so yeah, FNIS & SexLab do count them differently which is good). Guess that stuff with certain animations not showing up was just a goof up in that instance & they'd show up again later on. Good to know, thnx again

Archived