Maya 2016 Nif Plugin (for easy animation)

View File

I recompiled the Maya 2016 nif plugin by Alecu (full credit to him) so that it can be used to create Skyrim animations.  Using Maya with this plugin is the simplest, fastest, and easiest way to create Skyrim animations (in my opinion).

(the flexible armbinder from the screenshots is also included in the maya save file below, for those curious)

--------------------

FILES INCLUDED IN THIS MOD

1)  Maya Plugin + hotkeys and settings.zip

This includes not only the fixed NIF plugin, but also all of my settings and hotkeys.  Unless you already have maya 2016 installed and fully customized to your liking, I would use this.

2)  Maya 2016 Nif Plugin__2.3__(fixed).zip

If you have maya 2016 installed and customized, then is the fixed version of Alecu's Maya 2016 nif plugin and nothing else.

3)  XPMSE 3-0 2014_____RIGGED.zip

A fully rigged Skyrim Skeleton (see screenshots) ready for Skyrim animation.  As a bonus, the Skeleton is equiped with a flexible armbinder (which I am planning on releasing in a few days).

4)  Some Vanilla Skyrim Animations.zip

Some Vanilla Skyrim Animations (in KF format) to play around with if you are new to animating.  (these are also the animations I will be using for the flexible armbinder, if you want to make your own versions)

-------------------------------

INSTALLATION  (both version of pluging above)

1)  Install Maya 2016 on your computer (you're on your own for this step)

2)  Copy the Maya2016 folder into your Autodesk folder (where maya installs itself).

3)  Copy the maya folder into your Documents folder.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INSTRUCTIONS FOR IMPORTING SKYRIM ANIMATIONS

1)  Open Maya 2016

2)  Press F1  (my hotkey for "open scene") (if hotkeys aren't working, see troubleshooting section below)

3)  Make sure file format is set to netImmerse (See Image below).  (If "NetImmerse Format" doesn't appear as an option, see troubleshooting section below to make sure maya has loaded the plugin)

Spoiler

ScreenHunter_0139.thumb.jpg.65d3246cec5e0ecfd49296986cd3d87c.jpg

4)  Navigate to and open "XPMSE 3-0 2014_____RIGGED.mb" (the fully rigged sceleton)

5)  Press F3  (my hotkey for "import...")

6)  Choose and open a Skyrim KF file  (If you did not download the pluging with my hotkeys and settings, then you will need to configure the plugin now.  Use the attached screenshots for reference)

[The animation is now loaded.  Play around with it, do some edits, have fun.  Once you are done, follow the instruction to export the animation back.]

--------------------------

INSTRUCTIONS FOR EXPORTING SKYRIM ANIMATIONS

1)  Hit Alt-x (my hotkey to select all the needed bones for export)

2)  Press F6  (my hotkey for "Export Selection")

3)  Choose where to save the animation and press enter.

[Congratulation!  You have now imported and exported a Skyrim animation.]

----------------

CREATING ANIMATIONS FROM SCRATCH USING MAYA'S BUILT IN RIG

1)  Open "XPMSE 3-0 2014_____RIGGED.mb" again.

2)  Press Alt-h  (my hotkey for "HumanIK")

2)  Press x (my hotkey for to turn off/on the rig)

[Now use the rig to create your animation and then follow the export instruction above to export it.  For new animators, I will be creating a beginner tutorial for Skyrim animation later on when I have time (working on flexible armbinder now).  For now, try playing around with maya (it is fairly easy to figure out on your own)]

----------------

FOR EXPERIENCED ANIMATORS

1)  Make sure you use my recompiled version of HKXCMD when exporting animations back to Skyrim's HKX format.  Otherwise your animations will be missing two frames and about 2% of your animation data (HKXCMD version 1.4's exportKF is bugged).  My recompiled version keeps all frames and about ~99.8% of the data (the .2% is unavoidable HKX compression loss).

2)  To more easily Edit existing Skyrim animations, type "hikBakeToControlRig 0" (after importing the animation) in the lower left corner (where it says "MEL").  This will "bake" the animation into the control Rig, allowing for easy editing.

------------------------

That is all I can think of for now.  I will be traveling this week, but I will try answering questions when I can.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TROUBLESHOOTING

GETTING HOTKEYS TO WORK

Spoiler

1)  Open Hotkey Editor

ScreenHunter_0140.thumb.jpg.d89dbe44b67d0af975229db00d268b68.jpg

2)  Set "Hotkey Set" to "Maya Default Duplicate1"

ScreenHunter_0141.thumb.jpg.334923dfb20023c1e63a835776d0fe9a.jpg

3)  Set "Edit Hotkeys for" to "Custom Scripts".  Check if Hotkeys are install.

ScreenHunter_0142.thumb.jpg.5a3d93a31d861250a5b9815c8bff2b0d.jpg

MAKE SURE MAYA HAS LOADED PLUGIN

Spoiler

1)  Open the Plugin Manager

ScreenHunter_0137.thumb.jpg.50da8e060b78661cc7c3c3fb7494f239.jpg

2)  Make sure "nifTranslator.mll" is loaded

ScreenHunter_0138.thumb.jpg.be82731008b1a9caee7a8e3f587577d5.jpg

Hi,

Some questions (I have zero experience with animations, so they may be stupid, but I really want to start trying to make my own animations):

- Do we also need 3ds max? Or just Maya?

- I remember something about "havok content tools" (I think...) - some sw that was bought by Microsoft and is no longer available for free - is that needed?

- Does it work for Fallout 4 as well? (probably not as is, but can it be made to work?)

Thanks!

- Do we also need 3ds max? Or just Maya?

If your using Maya, then you don't need 3ds max.

Skyrim animation are in HKX format (axe_unequip.hkx, etc).  The tool HKXCMD can convert HKX files into KF files and visa versa (make sure you use my recompiled version of HKXCMD).  Maya can load and export KF file format (as described above).

3ds max with "havok content tools" can export animations directly to HKX format, but it is frankly a lot more complicated to set up (never managed myself).

- I remember something about "havok content tools" (I think...) - some sw that was bought by Microsoft and is no longer available for free - is that needed?

You only need "havok content tools" if you are using 3ds max.

- Does it work for Fallout 4 as well? (probably not as is, but can it be made to work?)

I don't know, but probably.  If Fallout 4's animations can be converted into KF format (I think there are people working on that), then Maya can will be able to import/export them.  However, you would need to set up fallout skeleton in Maya.  (I don't have "Fallout 4" so I can't give you a better answer than this)

Guest sirrinriss

Hey I'm having some issues getting the hotkeys to work:

I've installed everything to where it should be and I can import the skeleton model fine but by pressing F1 it just brings up the AutoDesk Help website and F3 does nothing, for instance.

Do you happen to know what's gone wrong? 

Thanks for sharing anyway

Guest sirrinriss
Spoiler

aaaa.png.5c869d1fc560c48eee3ffd44d880c3ef.pngaaaaa.png.0d96c17852bb7651a5bbd9d29eba850b.png

Hey I just double checked to make sure everything is where it should be (above) and it also won't recognise the file type of the animations or hotkeys (bellow):

Spoiler

a.thumb.png.6e1985d6ef91b96a2df277c71927f404.pngaa.png.68ed9caebe303124cf42266a68434cfb.png

And I noticed I don't have the same amount of options that you do:

Spoiler

1.thumb.png.c53afb59a49b9bbad3deaf005070a309.png2.thumb.png.b29f8d9509c70c7cfc87d56a43435a05.png

Any suggestions?

It's the 64bit version

Hey I just double checked to make sure everything is where it should be (above) and it also won't recognise the file type of the animations or hotkeys (bellow):

Ok, for importing animations, try the three steps below:  (please let me know if it works)

Spoiler

1)  Open the Plugin Manager

ScreenHunter_0137.thumb.jpg.50da8e060b78661cc7c3c3fb7494f239.jpg

2)  Make sure "nifTranslator.mll" is loaded

ScreenHunter_0138.thumb.jpg.be82731008b1a9caee7a8e3f587577d5.jpg

3)  Finally, try importing KF again (use “import...” in the “file” menu) and Make sure file format is set to netImmerse.  (Let me know if this works)

ScreenHunter_0139.thumb.jpg.65d3246cec5e0ecfd49296986cd3d87c.jpg

To get Hotkeys working, try this:

Spoiler

1)  Open Hotkey Editor

ScreenHunter_0140.thumb.jpg.d89dbe44b67d0af975229db00d268b68.jpg

2)  Set "Hotkey Set" to "Maya Default Duplicate1"

ScreenHunter_0141.thumb.jpg.334923dfb20023c1e63a835776d0fe9a.jpg

3)  Set "Edit Hotkeys for" to "Custom Scripts".  Check if Hotkeys are install.

ScreenHunter_0142.thumb.jpg.5a3d93a31d861250a5b9815c8bff2b0d.jpg

-----------------------------

Please let me know if this works for you.

I am hoping the lack of comments here means everything is working ok.  (If someone could confirm that hotkeys are working and animation importing/exporting is working, that would be useful)

4 hours ago, NeonTube100 said:

Great work, but would this work on Maya 2018?

I don't know.  I am guessing it would probably need to be updated, but you could try.

Also, I am the wrong person to ask about this.  All I did was fix one line of line of code in Alecu's plugin to make animations work:  (in the file "NifKFAnimationExporter.cpp")

Spoiler

transform_data->SetRotateType(KeyType::QUADRATIC_KEY);

vector<Key<Quaternion>> rotateQuaternionKeys;

for(int i = 0; i < rotationKeys.size(); i++) {
                    Key<Quaternion> rotate_key;

MEulerRotation m_euler_rotation(rotationKeys.data.x, rotationKeys.data.y, rotationKeys.data.z);
                    MQuaternion m_quaternion = m_euler_rotation.asQuaternion();

rotate_key.data.x = m_quaternion.x;
                    rotate_key.data.y = m_quaternion.y;
                    rotate_key.data.z = m_quaternion.z;
                    rotate_key.data.w = m_quaternion.w;

rotate_key.time = rotationKeys.time;

rotateQuaternionKeys.push_back(rotate_key);
                }

99.9% of the code of this great plugin was written by Alecu on Nexus (although he doesn't seem to be around now).  All I did is fix one bug fix and then recompile it.

He did publish his source code for the plugin, so it might be possible for someone else to update it to Maya 2018.  (I, myself, don't have the time/energy to update the plugin for a version of Maya that I do not use, sorry)

Here is the link to Alecu's plugin on the Nexus:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65421/?tab=description

19 hours ago, 62831853071795864769 said:

I saw you write that Havok Tools are not required, does that mean I can export to xml without them? If so, I'm throwing my 3DStudio out the window.

In the mod I just published, Flexible Armbinder, all the animations were done using Maya.  So quality Skyrim animations can be produced without "Havok Tools".

Unfortunately, Maya can't export to xml.  Notes/things that are imbedded in Skyrim's HKXs (footsteps, giant's screen shaking, etc) are lost.  So the animations in my "Flexible Armbinder" mod don't have footstep sounds imbedded in them.  If those extra bits of information are important for your animations (you need footsteps, etc), then it is possible you will still need 3DStudio.

What Maya can do is import and export animations perfectly (no losing hand animations, etc) to/from KFs (which hkxcmd.exe can convert to/from Skyrim's HKX).  It is also, in my opinion, far easier to use.  (there is also a serious lack of animators on lovers lab (apart from me, who isn't always here, DDi only has one) and for most animations (struggle animations, sex animations, etc), Maya is all that is really needed.) 

Is it theoretically possible to do a delta mush skeleton/body for Skyrim 32?

I don't know, sorry.  (not even sure what a "delta mush skeleton/body" is)

On 18/12/2017 at 10:12 PM, 62831853071795864769 said:

Thanks for that answer. It's cool, I just found out SMP by Hydro is abandoned anyway, so I'll have to stick with Havoc Content Tools after all :\

Are you somehow working in SSE?   Struggling to understand the connection between SMP and HCT.

Hydro's 2015,2016& 2017 binaries for SMP work just fine for 32bit Oldrim. 

But yes plans for 64 bit SSE don't seem to be there.

Know SMP and animation stuff pretty good, so just want to see if i'm missing something.

On 18/12/2017 at 10:12 PM, 62831853071795864769 said:

Delta Mush is muscle deformation of the meshes. What caliente put in his fallout 4 body:

Checked FO4 nexus page.  Didn't see this as a feature anywhere.

Can you link source that shows Caliente used Delta-Mush in Fo4?

The videos you posted are interesting but just general about delta-mush and not about FO4.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, 62831853071795864769 said:

(front thigh skin, rear thigh skin, side thigh skin, then it has a right thigh bone)

Don't have FO4 to check. 

Could be wrong, But guessing either it's a slider, in which case it's a morph (.tri) in skyrim, or it's adding new bones for weight painting too.

Know this cos it's what Im doing for skyrim SMP body.

Looking at delta mush - looks like that has to be hard-coded into the game as a plugin-in (if that's even possible) as it's about how mesh deformation happens, ...and not bone animation, which was what we can get into game.

Not sure if you know, SMP works and is awesome right now, and is a physics system, by same author as for the HDT-mod, and runs totally independent of what you use to generate animations (3dsmax, maya, blender).  Which is why TBBP-BBP are basically extinct.  So don't rule SMP out, if you're playing oldrim.  But its alot of work as it's DIY more than not right now.

12 hours ago, 62831853071795864769 said:

(If you do get some time, get the latest outfit studio, set it for FO4, and download caliente's body. It really is far superior to the Skyrim Body in so many ways

DL'd and got to work despite not having game.

Just so you know, no sign of Delta-Mush.  Those skins you mentionned are bones for weighting too, and yes Caliente added a lot of morphs too.

And it does look like a much more advanced body.  Though a proper retooled skyrim body working with SMP can look as good :classic_tongue:

Good luck with your body project, and eventually animation, which is what this thread was about.

PS.  SMP for SSE may have just released today.  Yet to confirm.

@cedec0  Sorry for borrowing your thread. :classic_blush:   Just quicker to clarify this here. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

@cedec0 I'm totaly new to this area. i just downloaded Maya2016 (got the student version. good thing to have working students :-P). The hotkeys are working and it also loaded the plugin. But if i want to import the Skeleton in the Files of type "NetImmerse Format" doesn'T appear at the skeleton. Pressing F3 and loading a vanilla "animation" "NetImmerse" pops up as an option.sop i guess the plugin is loaded correctly but there is another error somehow 

Edit: Nevermind Everything is working now :-)

One Question regarding the Rigged skeleton. Is it possible to have more animation points? i would like to have the fingers. I just started learning to animated stuff. :-)

And while trying to convert kf files to hkx i allways get the message:

Spoiler

.\hkxcmd.exe ConvertKF 'D:\skeleton_female.hkx' D:\test.kf D:\test.hkx
------------------------------------------------------------------
 Havok - Build (20101115)
 Version 2010.2.0-r1
 Base system initialized.
Havok License Keys:
 Physics     : PcXs (expires PERPETUAL)
 Animation   : PcXs (expires PERPETUAL)
Unknown bone 'NPC' found in animation. Skipping.
Unknown bone 'Skirt' found in animation. Skipping.

One Question regarding the Rigged skeleton. Is it possible to have more animation points? i would like to have the fingers. I just started learning to animated stuff. :-)

Unfortunately the built in skeleton doesn't have controls for fingers/toes.  However, that doesn't mean you can't animate them.

Use the Maya HumanIK to create the animation you want, then "bake" (the "b" hotkey) the animation.  Turn off the HumanIK, and then add the animations you want to the fingers.

And while trying to convert kf files to hkx i allways get the message:

It depends what skeleton was used to make the animation.  For all venilla animations, you can just use the vanilla skelleton to convert them.  However, for modder created animations, you need to use the right mod skeleton.  Here are the two skeletons that should work with 99% of modder animations:

Skeletons.zip

Also, for some modder-created animations, the "scale" (size) keys don't convert right using hkxcmd (the imported animation is huge/tiny and shrinks/grows).

Below is the code to remove all scale keys from an animation (they aren't really needed most of the time anyway).  If you run into an animation with weird scale keys, create a custom hotkey and copy the following code into it:

Spoiler

select -r NPC NPC_Root__0x5bRoot_0x5d NPC_COM__0x5bCOM__0x5d NPC_Spine__0x5bSpn0_0x5d MagicEffectsNode NPC_Spine1__0x5bSpn1_0x5d NPC_Spine2__0x5bSpn2_0x5d NPC_Neck__0x5bNeck_0x5d NPC_Head__0x5bHead_0x5d NPC_Head_MagicNode__0x5bHmag_0x5d NPCEyeBone NPC_R_Clavicle__0x5bRClv_0x5d NPC_R_UpperArm__0x5bRUar_0x5d NPC_R_Forearm__0x5bRLar_0x5d NPC_R_Hand__0x5bRHnd_0x5d NPC_R_Finger00__0x5bRF00_0x5d NPC_R_Finger01__0x5bRF01_0x5d NPC_R_Finger02__0x5bRF02_0x5d NPC_R_Finger10__0x5bRF10_0x5d NPC_R_Finger11__0x5bRF11_0x5d NPC_R_Finger12__0x5bRF12_0x5d NPC_R_Finger20__0x5bRF20_0x5d NPC_R_Finger21__0x5bRF21_0x5d NPC_R_Finger22__0x5bRF22_0x5d NPC_R_Finger30__0x5bRF30_0x5d NPC_R_Finger31__0x5bRF31_0x5d NPC_R_Finger32__0x5bRF32_0x5d NPC_R_Finger40__0x5bRF40_0x5d NPC_R_Finger41__0x5bRF41_0x5d NPC_R_Finger42__0x5bRF42_0x5d NPC_R_MagicNode__0x5bRMag_0x5d WEAPON AnimObjectR NPC_R_ForearmTwist1__0x5bRLt1_0x5d NPC_R_ForearmTwist2__0x5bRLt2_0x5d NPC_R_UpperarmTwist1__0x5bRUt1_0x5d NPC_R_UpperarmTwist2__0x5bRUt2_0x5d NPC_R_Pauldron NPC_L_Clavicle__0x5bLClv_0x5d NPC_L_UpperArm__0x5bLUar_0x5d NPC_L_Forearm__0x5bLLar_0x5d NPC_L_Hand__0x5bLHnd_0x5d NPC_L_Finger00__0x5bLF00_0x5d NPC_L_Finger01__0x5bLF01_0x5d NPC_L_Finger02__0x5bLF02_0x5d NPC_L_Finger10__0x5bLF10_0x5d NPC_L_Finger11__0x5bLF11_0x5d NPC_L_Finger12__0x5bLF12_0x5d NPC_L_Finger20__0x5bLF20_0x5d NPC_L_Finger21__0x5bLF21_0x5d NPC_L_Finger22__0x5bLF22_0x5d NPC_L_Finger30__0x5bLF30_0x5d NPC_L_Finger31__0x5bLF31_0x5d NPC_L_Finger32__0x5bLF32_0x5d NPC_L_Finger40__0x5bLF40_0x5d NPC_L_Finger41__0x5bLF41_0x5d NPC_L_Finger42__0x5bLF42_0x5d NPC_L_MagicNode__0x5bLMag_0x5d SHIELD AnimObjectL NPC_L_ForearmTwist1__0x5bLLt1_0x5d NPC_L_ForearmTwist2__0x5bLLt2_0x5d NPC_L_UpperarmTwist1__0x5bLUt1_0x5d NPC_L_UpperarmTwist2__0x5bLUt2_0x5d NPC_L_Pauldron NPC_Pelvis__0x5bPelv_0x5d NPC_R_Thigh__0x5bRThg_0x5d NPC_R_Calf__0x5bRClf_0x5d NPC_R_Foot__0x5bRft__0x5d NPC_R_Toe0__0x5bRToe_0x5d NPC_Pelvis__0x5bPelv_0x5d|Skirt SkirtFBone01 SkirtFBone02 SkirtFBone03 SkirtBBone01 SkirtBBone02 SkirtBBone03 SkirtLBone01 SkirtLBone02 SkirtLBone03 SkirtRBone01 SkirtRBone02 SkirtRBone03 NPC_L_Thigh__0x5bLThg_0x5d NPC_L_Calf__0x5bLClf_0x5d NPC_L_Foot__0x5bLft__0x5d NPC_L_Toe0__0x5bLToe_0x5d AnimObjectA AnimObjectB Camera_Control x_0x5fNPC_Translate__0x5bPos__0x5d x_0x5fNPC_LookNode__0x5bLook_0x5d x_0x5fNPC_Rotate__0x5bRot__0x5d ;

//Lists the transform nodes of all selected objects
string $nodes[] = `ls -selection`;

for ($node in $nodes)
{
if (keyExistsAtFrame($node, "scaleX"))
{
setAttr ($node + ".scaleX") (1);
setAttr ($node + ".scaleY") (1);
setAttr ($node + ".scaleZ") (1);
}
}

setAttr "NPC.scaleX" (2.54);
setAttr "NPC.scaleY" (2.54);
setAttr "NPC.scaleZ" (2.54);

select -r NPC NPC_Root__0x5bRoot_0x5d NPC_COM__0x5bCOM__0x5d NPC_Spine__0x5bSpn0_0x5d MagicEffectsNode NPC_Spine1__0x5bSpn1_0x5d NPC_Spine2__0x5bSpn2_0x5d NPC_Neck__0x5bNeck_0x5d NPC_Head__0x5bHead_0x5d NPC_Head_MagicNode__0x5bHmag_0x5d NPCEyeBone NPC_R_Clavicle__0x5bRClv_0x5d NPC_R_UpperArm__0x5bRUar_0x5d NPC_R_Forearm__0x5bRLar_0x5d NPC_R_Hand__0x5bRHnd_0x5d NPC_R_Finger00__0x5bRF00_0x5d NPC_R_Finger01__0x5bRF01_0x5d NPC_R_Finger02__0x5bRF02_0x5d NPC_R_Finger10__0x5bRF10_0x5d NPC_R_Finger11__0x5bRF11_0x5d NPC_R_Finger12__0x5bRF12_0x5d NPC_R_Finger20__0x5bRF20_0x5d NPC_R_Finger21__0x5bRF21_0x5d NPC_R_Finger22__0x5bRF22_0x5d NPC_R_Finger30__0x5bRF30_0x5d NPC_R_Finger31__0x5bRF31_0x5d NPC_R_Finger32__0x5bRF32_0x5d NPC_R_Finger40__0x5bRF40_0x5d NPC_R_Finger41__0x5bRF41_0x5d NPC_R_Finger42__0x5bRF42_0x5d NPC_R_MagicNode__0x5bRMag_0x5d WEAPON AnimObjectR NPC_R_ForearmTwist1__0x5bRLt1_0x5d NPC_R_ForearmTwist2__0x5bRLt2_0x5d NPC_R_UpperarmTwist1__0x5bRUt1_0x5d NPC_R_UpperarmTwist2__0x5bRUt2_0x5d NPC_R_Pauldron NPC_L_Clavicle__0x5bLClv_0x5d NPC_L_UpperArm__0x5bLUar_0x5d NPC_L_Forearm__0x5bLLar_0x5d NPC_L_Hand__0x5bLHnd_0x5d NPC_L_Finger00__0x5bLF00_0x5d NPC_L_Finger01__0x5bLF01_0x5d NPC_L_Finger02__0x5bLF02_0x5d NPC_L_Finger10__0x5bLF10_0x5d NPC_L_Finger11__0x5bLF11_0x5d NPC_L_Finger12__0x5bLF12_0x5d NPC_L_Finger20__0x5bLF20_0x5d NPC_L_Finger21__0x5bLF21_0x5d NPC_L_Finger22__0x5bLF22_0x5d NPC_L_Finger30__0x5bLF30_0x5d NPC_L_Finger31__0x5bLF31_0x5d NPC_L_Finger32__0x5bLF32_0x5d NPC_L_Finger40__0x5bLF40_0x5d NPC_L_Finger41__0x5bLF41_0x5d NPC_L_Finger42__0x5bLF42_0x5d NPC_L_MagicNode__0x5bLMag_0x5d SHIELD AnimObjectL NPC_L_ForearmTwist1__0x5bLLt1_0x5d NPC_L_ForearmTwist2__0x5bLLt2_0x5d NPC_L_UpperarmTwist1__0x5bLUt1_0x5d NPC_L_UpperarmTwist2__0x5bLUt2_0x5d NPC_L_Pauldron NPC_Pelvis__0x5bPelv_0x5d NPC_R_Thigh__0x5bRThg_0x5d NPC_R_Calf__0x5bRClf_0x5d NPC_R_Foot__0x5bRft__0x5d NPC_R_Toe0__0x5bRToe_0x5d NPC_Pelvis__0x5bPelv_0x5d|Skirt SkirtFBone01 SkirtFBone02 SkirtFBone03 SkirtBBone01 SkirtBBone02 SkirtBBone03 SkirtLBone01 SkirtLBone02 SkirtLBone03 SkirtRBone01 SkirtRBone02 SkirtRBone03 NPC_L_Thigh__0x5bLThg_0x5d NPC_L_Calf__0x5bLClf_0x5d NPC_L_Foot__0x5bLft__0x5d NPC_L_Toe0__0x5bLToe_0x5d AnimObjectA AnimObjectB Camera_Control x_0x5fNPC_Translate__0x5bPos__0x5d x_0x5fNPC_LookNode__0x5bLook_0x5d x_0x5fNPC_Rotate__0x5bRot__0x5d ;

//Lists the transform nodes of all selected objects
string $nodes[] = `ls -selection`;

for ($node in $nodes)
{
cutKey -attribute scaleX $node;
cutKey -attribute scaleY $node;
cutKey -attribute scaleZ $node;
}

SelectNone;
currentTime 0;

setAttr "NPC_L_Finger00__0x5bLF00_0x5d.translateX" -2.86;
setAttr "NPC_L_Finger00__0x5bLF00_0x5d.translateY" -0.92;
setAttr "NPC_L_Finger00__0x5bLF00_0x5d.translateZ" 3.167;

setAttr "NPC_L_Finger01__0x5bLF01_0x5d.translateX" 0;
setAttr "NPC_L_Finger01__0x5bLF01_0x5d.translateY" 0;
setAttr "NPC_L_Finger01__0x5bLF01_0x5d.translateZ" 3.236;

setAttr "NPC_L_Finger02__0x5bLF02_0x5d.translateX" 0;
setAttr "NPC_L_Finger02__0x5bLF02_0x5d.translateY" 0;
setAttr "NPC_L_Finger02__0x5bLF02_0x5d.translateZ" 2.837;

setAttr "NPC_L_Finger10__0x5bLF10_0x5d.translateX" -2.545;
setAttr "NPC_L_Finger10__0x5bLF10_0x5d.translateY" -0.109;
setAttr "NPC_L_Finger10__0x5bLF10_0x5d.translateZ" 8.395;

setAttr "NPC_L_Finger11__0x5bLF11_0x5d.translateX" 0;
setAttr "NPC_L_Finger11__0x5bLF11_0x5d.translateY" 0;
setAttr "NPC_L_Finger11__0x5bLF11_0x5d.translateZ" 2.458;

setAttr "NPC_L_Finger12__0x5bLF12_0x5d.translateX" 0;
setAttr "NPC_L_Finger12__0x5bLF12_0x5d.translateY" 0;
setAttr "NPC_L_Finger12__0x5bLF12_0x5d.translateZ" 1.893;

setAttr "NPC_L_Finger20__0x5bLF20_0x5d.translateX" -0.368;
setAttr "NPC_L_Finger20__0x5bLF20_0x5d.translateY" -0.083;
setAttr "NPC_L_Finger20__0x5bLF20_0x5d.translateZ" 8.262;

setAttr "NPC_L_Finger21__0x5bLF21_0x5d.translateX" 0;
setAttr "NPC_L_Finger21__0x5bLF21_0x5d.translateY" 0;
setAttr "NPC_L_Finger21__0x5bLF21_0x5d.translateZ" 3.202;

setAttr "NPC_L_Finger22__0x5bLF22_0x5d.translateX" 0;
setAttr "NPC_L_Finger22__0x5bLF22_0x5d.translateY" 0;
setAttr "NPC_L_Finger22__0x5bLF22_0x5d.translateZ" 1.989;

setAttr "NPC_L_Finger30__0x5bLF30_0x5d.translateX" 1.444;
setAttr "NPC_L_Finger30__0x5bLF30_0x5d.translateY" -0.639;
setAttr "NPC_L_Finger30__0x5bLF30_0x5d.translateZ" 7.976;

setAttr "NPC_L_Finger31__0x5bLF31_0x5d.translateX" 0;
setAttr "NPC_L_Finger31__0x5bLF31_0x5d.translateY" 0;
setAttr "NPC_L_Finger31__0x5bLF31_0x5d.translateZ" 2.672;

setAttr "NPC_L_Finger32__0x5bLF32_0x5d.translateX" 0;
setAttr "NPC_L_Finger32__0x5bLF32_0x5d.translateY" 0;
setAttr "NPC_L_Finger32__0x5bLF32_0x5d.translateZ" 2.007;

setAttr "NPC_L_Finger40__0x5bLF40_0x5d.translateX" 3;
setAttr "NPC_L_Finger40__0x5bLF40_0x5d.translateY" -1.583;
setAttr "NPC_L_Finger40__0x5bLF40_0x5d.translateZ" 7.421;

setAttr "NPC_L_Finger41__0x5bLF41_0x5d.translateX" 0;
setAttr "NPC_L_Finger41__0x5bLF41_0x5d.translateY" 0;
setAttr "NPC_L_Finger41__0x5bLF41_0x5d.translateZ" 1.761;

setAttr "NPC_L_Finger42__0x5bLF42_0x5d.translateX" 0;
setAttr "NPC_L_Finger42__0x5bLF42_0x5d.translateY" 0;
setAttr "NPC_L_Finger42__0x5bLF42_0x5d.translateZ" 1.783;

global proc int keyExistsAtFrame(string $object,
string $attribute)
{
int $value;

int $value = `attributeQuery -exists -node $object $attribute`;

if($value)
return 1;
else
return 0;
}

Finally, make sure you use the version of HKXCMD I recompiled when converting animations back into hkx format:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4879-hkxcmd-15/

• 2 months later...

I must be missing something. I installed Maya 2016 into:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk"

Copied your "Maya2016" into:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk"

And copied your "maya" folder into:

"C:\Users\****\Documents\"

So I have your preferences set properly, hotkeys and all; however, opening the rigged scene followed by importing any animations doesn't actually import them...? I made sure under the import prompt, the "Files of type:" field is "NetImmerse Format" as well.

I do get the message "// Result: ~/Some Vanilla Skyrim Animations/Female/mt_runforward.kf" confirming that the action finished, but when I hit run, nothing plays. The rig stays in its original T-pose.

EDIT: Video cedec0 mentions in the next post:

Thanks for the updated plugin and other tools! I've been wanting to move on from 3ds Max since Havok Tools started crashing without fail after the Win 10 Creators Update. Any tips, tutorials, links, additional rigs/saves, etc. would all be a great help.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2018 at 3:34 PM, Enduos said:

So I have your preferences set properly, hotkeys and all; however, opening the rigged scene followed by importing any animations doesn't actually import them...? I made sure under the import prompt, the "Files of type:" field is "NetImmerse Format" as well.

I do get the message "// Result: ~/Some Vanilla Skyrim Animations/Female/mt_runforward.kf" confirming that the action finished, but when I hit run, nothing plays. The rig stays in its original T-pose.

Ok, I will try to help.

-----------------

Edit:  Ok, I just watched your video from your message.  Everything seems to be working (except animation loading).  Here are some steps to try:

1)  Make sure other plugings are loading correctly.  Try to open "poseLib" (hotkey should be ALT-F)

2)  Which version of Maya do you have (32-bit or 64-bit)?

3)  Try importing a skeleton.  Start a new scene and import the skeleton below:  (make sure to change setting to "geomatry only" instead of "animation only" in import options)

XORIG__skeleton.nif

• 5 weeks later...
On 18.4.2018 at 11:32 AM, cedec0 said:

Ok, I will try to help.

-----------------

Edit:  Ok, I just watched your video from your message.  Everything seems to be working (except animation loading).  Here are some steps to try:

1)  Make sure other plugings are loading correctly.  Try to open "poseLib" (hotkey should be ALT-F)

2)  Which version of Maya do you have (32-bit or 64-bit)?

3)  Try importing a skeleton.  Start a new scene and import the skeleton below:  (make sure to change setting to "geomatry only" instead of "animation only" in import options)

XORIG__skeleton.nif

On 18.4.2018 at 7:17 PM, Enduos said:

PoseLib opened up, I have the 64-bit version of Maya 2016, and I imported the skeleton successfully with the "geometry" radiobox ticked.

Hide contents

talnpz6.png

Hide contents

d5BBCup.png

What's next?

Curiosity got the better of me, so I tried this method.

Unfortunately the result was the same, everything works except for importing animations, where nothing seems to be happening. No obvious errors showing either.

Maybe I'll try figuring out what the issue is, unless cedec0 has an idea what the cause could be. Would be nice, if I could get it to work. I've recently had some instances in animating where I could have used a decent rig with FK controls (especially for the legs), which this rig seems to have.

• 1 month later...

Wow, just discovered this, looks exciting!  I am looking forward to trying it after I get off work and reinstall Maya 2016.

Is it required to use the included rig files? Or could I use my own rig?

I'd like to animate in Maya 2018, export to 2016 (via FBX if necessary), then export the KF. Would that work?

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...