Are you a "like" whore?

people are built to seek validation that's all there is to it .... Some get over it and focus on themselves to improve and don't waste energy being preoccupied on what others think. Reality is subjective all you can do is find people that tell you what you want to hear and hope they are right.

l.e damn this was posted 4 years ago .... 

Edited by woolsack
  • 2 weeks later...

It is in our nature, or better, in our brains.
We grave for gratification and recognition. Thats why Facebook works so well. Hey, i like you. Oh Dude, this was funny. Blerb.

Personally, i gave up on social media because you are in an endless cycle where you go on to check all the time if something or someone liked you. But if nothing happens, we are getting sad. So much so, that we are feeling actually sad.

Its the same with this forum or any other. You write something and you hope someone will respond. Perhaps likes you comment and gives you a thumbs up. I know that if i write something, and nothing happens, i feel kind of sad. Whats the point of writing in the first place if there is no reaction. Wasted time.

So i try to do not much really, because my blerbs go under in the crowd anyway. I am not some great modder (on this site) and i am not a very fantastic person to begin with. I am a nobody on the internet. If i would die, no one would notice.

And with that, Likes do not matter much anymore. They are like sugar. Make you feel great for a moment until you regret it.

Edited by wutpickel
On 10/12/2021 at 4:05 PM, wutpickel said:

It is in our nature, or better, in our brains.
We grave for gratification and recognition. Thats why Facebook works so well. Hey, i like you. Oh Dude, this was funny. Blerb.

Personally, i gave up on social media because you are in an endless cycle where you go on to check all the time if something or someone liked you. But if nothing happens, we are getting sad. So much so, that we are feeling actually sad.

Its the same with this forum or any other. You write something and you hope someone will respond. Perhaps likes you comment and gives you a thumbs up. I know that if i write something, and nothing happens, i feel kind of sad. Whats the point of writing in the first place if there is no reaction. Wasted time.

So i try to do not much really, because my blerbs go under in the crowd anyway. I am not some great modder (on this site) and i am not a very fantastic person to begin with. I am a nobody on the internet. If i would die, no one would notice.

And with that, Likes do not matter much anymore. They are like sugar. Make you feel great for a moment until you regret it.

I find it difficult to answer. What you write is so true and at the same time so sad, almost philosophical.
I post a photo and get a thumbs up and immediately afterwards someone else posts a photo that I think is totally bad and he gets 20 thumbs up. I also wonder what is going wrong here.
But that's life. And if I only get one thumb up, I still have to tell myself that there is someone out there who liked my photo. But I also have to ask myself why did I actually upload this photo? Because I was having fun taking the photo or was it just to get a thumbs up?
Don't we often just get unhappy because we have totally wrong expectations? Of course, I would be happy to get 20 thumbs up, but can't I just be satisfied that I took a nice photo? Isn't it enough if I think the photo is beautiful? Why do others have to think it's beautiful too?

Was that really wasted time? Did you write the post because you wanted to share your thoughts or an idea or just because you wanted a response? who can know if maybe in six months someone will read your article and be totally happy about it?

I am not some great modder (on this site) and i am not a very fantastic person to begin with. I am a nobody on the internet. If i would die, no one would notice.

I am not a modder at all and cannot contribute anything here except to show screenshots from my games. So what? I enjoy playing games and would like to share this joy with others. I want to tell jokes here and have fun and just talk stupid things, whether someone is listening or not and I would like to invite you to join me

@deejayz I found out that online, i do not matter as much to people as in real life.

This may be a generational thing but as i am older, these things become less of an importance. But if you post something you actually are waiting for reactions. Ignoring is very easy.

We are social creatures and as such we yearn for responses.
Facebook has one good thing. You are connected to your past life. But that is about it. Did you enjoy sitting with your family and watching photos you actually do not want to see?

Your points that you made are correct. But i think we mostly wait for something in a short term.

I do not think that i am correct with everything. In fact, i maybe wrong. These are just my thoughts. For everyone else it may be very different.

9 minutes ago, wutpickel said:

@deejayz I found out that online, i do not matter as much to people as in real life.

This may be a generational thing but as i am older, these things become less of an importance. But if you post something you actually are waiting for reactions. Ignoring is very easy.

We are social creatures and as such we yearn for responses.
Facebook has one good thing. You are connected to your past life. But that is about it. Did you enjoy sitting with your family and watching photos you actually do not want to see?

Your points that you made are correct. But i think we mostly wait for something in a short term.

I do not think that i am correct with everything. In fact, i maybe wrong. These are just my thoughts. For everyone else it may be very different.

You are absolutely right about everything you say. My arguments were also correct. It's always a matter of opinion and sometimes it's just good to see something from a different angle.

• 2 weeks later...

I would say That I am definetly an attention Whore. I Post the things i Post to get a reaction > positive or negative doesn't matter that much< 

the Pleasure is to be Pleasing. but i'll take what i can get 

Having said that, out of all the mods, videos, pictures that i Make, I probably only share 10 or 20 % . Mostly i make things to tickle myself or a small circle of friends.

modding and editing takes time and effort .  so if i saw your work it got a like. >respect to any who do the work< i usually reserve comments for mods i've tried or pics and vids that  touch me. Being a Good part of the community IS important, Being Popular IS important. Getting to Hang out with people who share my eccletic interests is priceless.

(then again most of my times is spent ingame or editing which doesn't leave that time for being on the boards )

hugswhore1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I think I am very affected by this, when it comes to things that I am passionate about or emotionally connected to.

For example when I posted a nude on the "Show yourself v2" I was super damn nervous. Once I got a few likes it got better and better. I didn't know the boundaries or how people would react, but I was delighted to see that people enjoyed it.

When it comes to opinions, I am more neutral about it. Everyone has their opinions on something and it shouldn't matter how popular an opinion is. Stay authentic to yourself ❤️

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, lotus.angel said:

I actually HATE that word.

That said, do men get called names for enjoying sex.?

I love being called dirty names. I use it to empower my sexuality, not take away from it.

16 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Are you a "like" whore?

No, but depending on the money on offer I may be interested.

"normal"

BUT are they MORE normal if they get paid for it.  Deep thinking here, I must understand.  ?

• 2 weeks later...

speaking of are you a whore, well some women are. Their are some women who are extremely easy, that they will do anything with someone else for nothing. Doesn't matter if they have a significant other or not which makes it even worse.

Edited by Hiderius
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't really care about it so much but I can't deny it does provide a passive sense of joy and it always feels good to be accepted as you are or agreed with - a small gesture of support and appreciation.

On 1/1/2022 at 8:09 PM, Hiderius said:

speaking of are you a whore, well some women are. Their are some women who are extremely easy, that they will do anything with someone else for nothing. Doesn't matter if they have a significant other or not which makes it even worse.

Depends, it's pretty situational.

What defines it as "worse" - a negative connotation - is whether any of the coupled parties sees it in a negative light.

I myself am a slave at heart, and a spread-legged harlot to boot, that's available whenever anyone asks me for sex - provided I have a background check on them prior to being bedded, I don't fancy STDs - and Master, my life's love and purpose, allows me to be used by anyone, though mostly friends, and even lends me around. To me, true love exists and it overcomes the individual's husk; the body; and anything carnal is an added value improving upon and making the synergy smoother.