Dead Or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation - Modding Thread and Discussion -

38 minutes ago, br3akth3s3walls said:

What's the best way to obtain it? The store is confusing. And the only translater I can find is dualshockers which is only slightly helpful

You get a lot of the rare suits from the normal gachas and from post-game rewards for story missions (the ones in the yellow tab).

Great so I unlocked the item as Helena and the mod looks great in the item reveal screen. Problem is I can equip her with it, but she won't actually wear it, and it doesn't appear in the closet. Wtf??

57 minutes ago, Dreamcaster said:

You get swimsuits from the showers, the icon with Nyotengu in the tub, right above the basket

Capture.thumb.PNG.fb9d7fee8ec3b16cfd3a180df9a70983.PNG

On 17/04/2018 at 2:16 PM, bluerobot99 said:

Thanks for the reply. Its only for DX11 games right? Sounds exiting.

There's a lot of DX11 games i couldn't crack that need cracking lol

Yeah, that's right - and let me know if you run into any trouble applying it to another DX11 game.

On 17/04/2018 at 5:14 PM, barjack said:

Another question about the potential of 3Dmikoto ,will it possible to replace animation/pose file in the future?or it's only for shader,vertex,index buffers?

That's harder - 3DMigoto is at too lower level to see animations in a very useful form - it can see the pose the game has set in a given frame, and can potentially replace or manipulate that, e.g. while I was testing the mesh replacements I also dumped out the pose constant buffer and re-injected that to place the girl in a specific pose - but she was frozen in that pose. With a bit of effort you could probably get a custom animation in by just changing to a different pose each frame (there is some more work to do in the command list that would make this easier) - you could trigger it from a keypress, but it wouldn't necessarily be synchonised very well to anything in the game. Another option - if you can find a way to manipulate a pose programatically, is to use a custom shader that takes the pose from the game as an input and spits out a modified pose as an output, then 3DMigoto assigns that pose to the character instead.

Can someone tell me anything about the colour space used for skin textures?

I don't have PS and the Intel dds plugin doesn't seem to work in GIMP, but I can work with the textures, I just can't get anything back into the game without it either being dark grayscale (looks like an inverted alpha map or single colour component) or being almost white (bad alpha or specular, adding instead of multiplying  .. ???).  I can tell it's my texture, even if I use something other than dds, so it loads without error, but I can't get the colours to read right.

This is seriously starting to frustrate me..  Aaargh

<<edit>> I guess I should have started with hello, and thanks for all the amazing hard work done so far! :smiley:

<<edit2>> I'm an idiot. Thanks, solved

1 hour ago, bo-su said:

Can someone tell me anything about the colour space used for skin textures?

I don't have PS and the Intel dds plugin doesn't seem to work in GIMP, but I can work with the textures, I just can't get anything back into the game without it either being dark grayscale (looks like an inverted alpha map or single colour component) or being almost white (bad alpha or specular, adding instead of multiplying  .. ???).  I can tell it's my texture, even if I use something other than dds, so it loads without error, but I can't get the colours to read right.

This is seriously starting to frustrate me..  Aaargh

<<edit>> I guess I should have started with hello, and thanks for all the amazing hard work done so far! :smiley:

IMO it's easier to install PS than to type as much text...

Hiya, thanks for the great work.

So I want to make a topless mod and I've run into a bit of a snafu. I figured out how to remove specific parts of the swimsuit model, but obviously, I'm left with holes.

Spoiler

DOAX-VenusVacation_180424_110816.thumb.jpg.d7216c42b623a9effb0b439765fba3c6.jpg

Now my question is, is there anything that I can do, besides filling in each body model, to fix this? Is it at all possible to have a master body to reference to? If not, just so I have a better understanding of it, is it because while we're replacing the (vertexes?) we're not replacing the bones or weights that might differ between the models and that's what's causing the issue?

If there is absolutely no work around, is there  any brave modeler willing to join me on this endeavor? I know most of the work will be on the modeler, but I'd be willing to provide the hashes and required indexes for the suits. [I'll probably post them on this forum whenever I'm done with what I have with Nyo]

5 hours ago, Falling5393 said:

Hiya, thanks for the great work.

So I want to make a topless mod and I've run into a bit of a snafu. I figured out how to remove specific parts of the swimsuit model, but obviously, I'm left with holes.

Hide contents

DOAX-VenusVacation_180424_110816.thumb.jpg.d7216c42b623a9effb0b439765fba3c6.jpg

Now my question is, is there anything that I can do, besides filling in each body model, to fix this? Is it at all possible to have a master body to reference to? If not, just so I have a better understanding of it, is it because while we're replacing the (vertexes?) we're not replacing the bones or weights that might differ between the models and that's what's causing the issue?

If there is absolutely no work around, is there  any brave modeler willing to join me on this endeavor? I know most of the work will be on the modeler, but I'd be willing to provide the hashes and required indexes for the suits. [I'll probably post them on this forum whenever I'm done with what I have with Nyo]

Every single suit has its own unique body mesh underneath. So if you want to remove the top of every suit, you need to replace the body mesh for every single one.

This really is a lot of work, because you need to transfer the weight maps correctly for everyone (which I haven't got correctly in Blender yet! But there is a newer version of the plugin by ausgeek which I will try today)

3 hours ago, JoeMesh said:

I don't need to try. This is an online game. That's how it works.

In short, you did not check.

1 hour ago, Wish Upon a Star said:

there are no save full 100% since game releash new costume every month, and cost lot of $ to buy all costume

The costumes were also added to DOA5LR.

1 minute ago, Baralgin said:

In short, you did not check.

The costumes were also added to DOA5LR.

this is online game, do you what it mean ?? it mean all data about you acc it in they server, unless you hack they server, there no way you can do thing so call " save 100%". most of costume in doavv it not added to DOA5LR, or more exactly, really much mod in doa5lr came from doax3

53 minutes ago, Wish Upon a Star said:

this is online game, do you what it mean ?? it mean all data about you acc it in they server, unless you hack they server, there no way you can do thing so call " save 100%". most of costume in doavv it not added to DOA5LR, or more exactly, really much mod in doa5lr came from doax3

I mean, the fact of adding costumes during the game does not change anything.

What is written to the file on the server depends on your actions on your computer. This is unquestionable. How seriously depends, can say only programmers and hackers. Maybe during the development of the program they left some loopholes for their people. Or even just made a stupid mistake that allows the user to change the data on the server.

But another question is that if someone finds such a loophole, then he will not write about it in the topic. It's like telling in newspaper how to win a lottery.

No way, because KT will go bankrupt.   ГOГ  !

10 hours ago, knight77 said:

Every single suit has its own unique body mesh underneath. So if you want to remove the top of every suit, you need to replace the body mesh for every single one.

This really is a lot of work, because you need to transfer the weight maps correctly for everyone (which I haven't got correctly in Blender yet! But there is a newer version of the plugin by ausgeek which I will try today)

I'll have an update and video tutorial out in the next day or two - I've found a much better solution for fixing the vertex groups on even quite large holes:

misaki.thumb.png.7f2dd5064db5e7d7d6583a8eacecf1b8.png

And somewhat related (exactly how it is related will make more sense when the video explaining the above technique is out), poses can now be imported into Blender:

5adf7a82e73a0_importedpose.png.34322114eb09c6cd6341c296db702023.png

The bones are a bit funky, but it works.

Strange issue that I'm running into, not sure if anyone else can replicate it or not. But when I skip certain meshes while hunting, it behaves normally, all of the mesh is skipped

Spoiler

5ae122a83f9df_Capture2.thumb.PNG.5c0a9fdc5a87437b253801a0f88dd11a.PNG

but when I try to skip the outfit with the ini settings. Sometimes certain things wont go away, like this bell + star for instance. I'm not sure why, this bell is also a problem on the white ribbon suit.

Spoiler

Capture.thumb.PNG.65768fa40246d4ee2d95868b8afedb4c.PNG

and I also run into an issue with the suit named イノセンス・ノート, a weird shadow just won't go away.

Spoiler

5ae123de7790e_Capture3.thumb.PNG.f080f7137a1c26c21b405151ac339a6d.PNG

My basic settings to replicate スノーフェアリ

Spoiler

[TextureOverrideスノーフェアリーTop1_IB]
Hash = 16e6f0b9
handling = skip

Anyone got a workaround? Or am I SOL

@ausgeek would probably be able to explain this better, but if my understanding is correct, there is likely a vertex shader in the ShaderFixes folder (whose hash matches that of the one used by the vertex buffer you are attempting to remove).

In such a case, where there is an overriding shader, the shader's effects apply regardless of configuration.  In order to stop the shadows from appearing, you would need to remove the overriding shader in the ShaderFixes folder, or edit the shader to allow its behavior to be bypassed and set up matching conditions in the configuration file (ini) to trigger that bypass.

On 26/04/2018 at 11:00 AM, Falling5393 said:

but when I try to skip the outfit with the ini settings. Sometimes certain things wont go away, like this bell + star for instance. I'm not sure why, this bell is also a problem on the white ribbon suit.

It will be a missing [ShaderOverride] in the base mod - for performance reasons 3DMigoto only checks the [TextureOverride] sections when it is told to do so from a [ShaderOverride] or [ShaderRegex] (the reason is there are typically only 2 shader slots to check per draw call for the vertex and pixel shaders, compared to 700 texture/resource slots we could potentially need to check *every draw call*), so to enable them you define a [ShaderOverride] that tells 3DMigoto "whenever this shader is in use, also check the vertex buffer and index buffer slots for matching TextureOverrides", like:

[ShaderOverrideClothesHeart]
hash = 83797bb1935f6799
checktextureoverride = vb0
checktextureoverride = ib

You can also enable this globally, via a ShaderRegex that matches *every* pixel shader (except for any in ShaderFixes):

[ShaderRegexEnableIBCommandLists]
shader_model = ps_4_0 ps_5_0
checktextureoverride = vb0
checktextureoverride = ib

Enabling texture swaps works in the same way, but instead of using the "vb0" or "ib" slots, you use something like "ps-t0" (Pixel Shader Texture slot 0). The clothes shaders I've looked at in this game use one or more of "ps-t0", "ps-t1" and "ps-t2", and these are the ones also enabled for frame analysis dumps.

If you get a warning about a possible mod conflict after adding such a section, you can suppress it with "allow_duplicate_hash=overrule" (there's a typo in the warning message - this is the correct syntax to use).

I had that ShaderRegex in the first release, but it does cost some performance every draw call, and since someone mentioned they were getting bad performance I opted to switch to the ShaderOverride sections, but I clearly missed some clothing shaders, and at least one clothing shadow shader. I'll have an update shortly that adds a few more that I know of and improves performance in other areas.