Dead Or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation - Modding Thread and Discussion -

11 minutes ago, Falling5393 said:

When talking about error messages, it really helps to take a screenshot of it, since we don't really know what it is without it. But atm the servers are under maintenance, so perhaps that's the issue?

Sorry about that. Here's the message I am receiving.

Screenshot 2018-05-10 01.03.37.png

The latest update changed the lighting compute shader, breaking the Gacha Demist mod (as well as the 3D Vision rendering). I've updated the base mod and mod pack, or alternatively just grab the demist.ini attached to this post. I've switched this to a ShaderRegex, which should be more resistant against further updates.

demist.ini

On 2018/5/10 at 7:26 AM, Noice123 said:

Hey here's some more nipple and pubic hair edits. Just drag and drop into skin's folder and remove the "DISABLED" to have the edit appear.

https://imgur.com/a/RO9tkBW

Some pictures in there but there are too many different variants in the folders for a picture of every single one.

These are edits for Ayane,Hitomi,kasumi,Kokoro,Momiji, nyotengu and tamaki

Enjoy!

DOAXVV_V2DDS.zip

Reveal hidden contents

b99d0c28a70b305a2faf015c42f19dc3.jpg

MORE BUSH PLEASE

Thanks to Ausgeek with his easy tutorial, as well as (knight77's?) white lace body, I've started workin on the topless versions for Nyo, might take me a bit since the hardest part is honestly just making sure that nothing clips through the bottom.

Spoiler

Capture.thumb.PNG.be87a3a6550848f6d1d4a69055f08683.PNG

Before I really dive into it though does anyone have a higher poly for the nude body that doesn't fuck up the shaders? It doesn't even need to be the entire body, just the hips/thighs are fine. Every time I've tried to subdivide or just plain knife cut, the shaders get all wonky. I've tried fixing the normals, but I'm not sure if that's the issue. Maybe a uv problem?

Spoiler

5af7c4d8644c7_Capture2.thumb.PNG.594b8efc696a05a7ab4f0ac271c6cd30.PNG

If no one has a body edit, anyone know how I can fix it myself at least? Not even sure what term to google for it..

Everyone I always appreciate the wonderful nude MOD!
I am very appreciative because I do not have the ability to make it.
Although it becomes a request, although all nude is also good, is there customization such as being in a swimsuit topless shape or a little disappearing? Thank you if you do not mind.

On 4/25/2018 at 2:45 AM, ausgeek said:

And somewhat related (exactly how it is related will make more sense when the video explaining the above technique is out), poses can now be imported into Blender:

The bones are a bit funky, but it works.

Thank you so much for the tool.

I've imported the bones, but they look like a cluster of disconnected joints, instead of a proper skeleton hierarchy. 

Did I missed anything to fix them? Or 3DMigoto doesn't support complete skeleton export yet? 

Hey Ausgeek, is it possible (now or in the future) to have 3dmigoto ignore the numpad when the window isn't active? It isn't a huge deal, but sometimes I (and maybe others) have accidentally caused a bug where it breaks the hair physics somehow. I'm not actually sure what I did since I wasn't at the window, but I do know that deleting and replacing the shadowfix folder fixed it. Just my feedback.
It's also possible that the numpad works outside of the window because I'm in windowed mode, if that's the case, I'll just have to live with it.

On a side note, does anyone else think that the devs keep a copy of the photos you take in the game? I can't imagine how much space that would take, but I'm concerned enough to not take modded screencaps.

At least we have the snip tool

Spoiler

Capture2.thumb.PNG.ea24a399d8ff15134bafa29da5dd1ec4.PNGCapture.thumb.PNG.13b281a4593231d02b64f416801e48bb.PNG

Those heels were such a pain.

2 hours ago, Falling5393 said:

Hey Ausgeek, is it possible (now or in the future) to have 3dmigoto ignore the numpad when the window isn't active? It isn't a huge deal, but sometimes I (and maybe others) have accidentally caused a bug where it breaks the hair physics somehow. I'm not actually sure what I did since I wasn't at the window, but I do know that deleting and replacing the shadowfix folder fixed it. Just my feedback.
It's also possible that the numpad works outside of the window because I'm in windowed mode, if that's the case, I'll just have to live with it.

On a side note, does anyone else think that the devs keep a copy of the photos you take in the game? I can't imagine how much space that would take, but I'm concerned enough to not take modded screencaps.

Hide contents

Capture2.thumb.PNG.ea24a399d8ff15134bafa29da5dd1ec4.PNGCapture.thumb.PNG.13b281a4593231d02b64f416801e48bb.PNG

I dont know how often you hunt and how often you just play, but I myself set Hunting to 0 when I am not going to use it. this way you dont to deal with it.

The devs definitly dont keep a copy of you ingame photos, that would require a download from your computer and they dont have any permission to search your harddrive! The screenshot folder is placed in your private documents. That would be a serious cut into your privacy. Besides why would they store all the images. It would take a lot of space. You could easily ruin them by just spamming picture uploads non stop.

So do as much sceenshots as you want with mods, these are yours alone!

10 hours ago, Falling5393 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I had the same problem once too, I think I pressed 9 or 6 on the numpad

DOAX-VenusVacation_180504_190624.thumb.jpg.854a246f0b90b9574ae9d72d31113a85.jpg

On 2017/11/16 at 1:46 AM, LGMODS said:

感谢信息Gattino!

经过几次测试后,让我们知道您的反馈 :smile:

我不确定它是否可以修改,因为它使用我听到的网页。

也许至少有一种实时重新纹理的方式,但解压缩?

我想要一个金星男性假期 :dissapointed_relieved:

If GOOGLE translation is inaccurate, please copy Chinese into other software translations.
I hope you can make a leaky DOAXVV and pubic hair thick MOD sooner. 3D characters, with thick pubic hair can stimulate men's sexual desire. I hope you can add new actions in the game and let the beauty masturbate.

如果GOOGLE翻译不准确,请把中文复制到其他软件翻译。
希望你能早点制作出 DOAXVV 漏乳头、阴毛浓密 MOD。3D人物,有浓密的阴毛能激发男人的性欲。希望你能在游戏中添加新的动作,让美女自慰。

On 5/16/2018 at 12:09 PM, NyLvM said:
I have a question,
how to use "remap_mesh_bones.py" ?
Please write a detailed example.
:confused:

and.
When using "Merge 3DMigoto poses" on the blender side, Is not "remap_mesh_bones.py" necessary?
:astonished:

Don't bother with remap_mesh_bones.py - that only worked in a few limited cases (at least, without significant manual tweaking) and was something I used early on before we could import into Blender and use the generally easier and superior vertex group transfer, and the pose merging covers cases that script never will.

On 5/17/2018 at 5:19 AM, fusrodah_roar said:

Thank you so much for the tool.

I've imported the bones, but they look like a cluster of disconnected joints, instead of a proper skeleton hierarchy. 

Did I missed anything to fix them? Or 3DMigoto doesn't support complete skeleton export yet? 

That's expected at the moment - the skeleton isn't available to DirectX/3DMigoto, only the final deformation matrices, so all the bones are at the origin in edit mode and all over the place in pose mode. I certainly can improve it by placing them near the vertices they are associated with (and have been meaning to do this, but have been busy), but it would only be an approximation.

On 5/18/2018 at 8:45 PM, Falling5393 said:

Turn off hunting (numpad 0) when alt+tabbed out, or change the key bindings in the d3dx.ini to something you won't hit at other times (you can use modifiers, like "alt numpad1", etc), or remove them altogether if they aren't part of your workflow. This is something I'd like to fix, but all the variations in window management in games means that this is the most reliable way to capture key bindings that works in every game (except for Windows Store apps, where the keyboard/mouse input API we use is forbidden - some day I'll get around to solving that, which should help here as well).

As to why pressing numpad 3 can break the hair - that decompiles the selected vertex shader back to HLSL and dumps it to ShaderFixes, then immediately uses that to replace the shader from the game. However, decompilation is not an exact process and can sometimes break shaders, which causes these types of issues, and hair and bone shaders have had significantly less attention from myself and the other 3DMigoto developer since we never need to touch these for 3D Vision modding, so they are more likely to be damaged than say, a lighting shader (plus, we now have a disassembler & assembler which don't have this particular problem, so the decompiler is a much lower priority now). If you sort the ShaderFixes folder by date modified you can easily identify any recently dumped shaders and delete them if they were dumped by mistake.

On 5/20/2018 at 12:57 PM, yuu146 said:

i am beginner

how to do mod?

where is tmcl files? 

There aren't any (or at least not that we use with 3DMigoto) - start with the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWE0xP4MgR8

On 5/21/2018 at 9:59 PM, SealedNexus said:

I´m a bit confused, nude mod doesn´t work for me anymore since a specific patch and i installed your

3Dfix-DOAX-VenusVacation-1.6.zip

I'm not aware of any issues with the v1.6 update (anyone else hitting them?) - try removing 3DMigoto via the uninstall.bat, deleting the Mods directory then starting over.

I just want the nude mods, no costume mods, what do i have to download/install now?

But isn't being naked just one special case of a costume ?

In all serious just delete the costume mods you don't want from the Mods directory - for nude all you need is the "Skins" and "Costumes\White Lace Nude". If you also want the nude Gacha shower scene you also need "Gacha Demist" and "Costumes\Square Bikini Nude".

There are so many new pages since i really checked the last time, i´m kinda lost now xd

The instructions haven't moved - you can find these easily by going to the very first post in this thread and following the link from there:

On 5/24/2018 at 3:57 AM, Aruto said:

you know somehow is it possible if this mod can actually change the 2d assets to enable translations? for ease of operations lol

Yes and no. Replacing the various static HUD textures is easy enough and follows the same process as replacing the skin textures, but you need to turn on the performance killing track_texture_updates option, otherwise their hashes change every single frame making it impossible to match them with a [TextureOverride] section. That option will only hurt a few fps... until the game tries to play a video (gacha, weekly event intros, several girl's level 50 videos) at which point it will become a stuttering mess, and that trade-off doesn't seem worthwhile to me given that providing a guide with a couple of screenshots showing what is what will help new players just as much.

I have some plans to improve the performance of track_texture_updates to eliminate the video stutter, but it will mean reworking the texture hashes, which is a considerable amount of work and not something that will happen overnight.

Translating the dynamic text is a whole other kettle of fish... I have some crazy ideas for how this could theoretically be done from 3DMigoto, and posted about these earlier, but in practice I think the answer is that 3DMigoto is not really the right tool for these since by the time it sees the text it is "too late" to know what characters are what, and would effectively have to OCR it, and you may as well use the photo mode of the Google Translate app on your phone since that already exists.

Pretty much any translation software is going to translate stuff wrong because translating software will just pick whatever it thinks it correct and the only way that is the best is having someone that knows both langue's and is able to translate everything correctly.

Edit: I've refreshed the download link for the suite room mod DOWNLOAD

Hey all! I've got some mods to share!

First, I've 'ported' the texture packs I did a while back for resorep to 3dmigoto:

On 4/6/2018 at 6:53 AM, rotsac13 said:

I've been working on cataloguing the textures for all the common (non-event N&R rarity) swimsuits. I've also collected alternative (DOAX3) swimsuit textures I could find floating on the web and recoloured a bunch by hand (might not be 100% accurate).

Y'all can download them here.

You can choose to download all the original and alternative textures at once, or just the alternative textures.

Also, you can put a ~ followed by any text after the texture ID in the .dds files and it will still work (at least with resorep, I'm not sure if it works with 3DMigoto as well. If it doesn't you're gonna have to delete all the ~base, ~spec and ~nrm I put in there).

Enjoy!

Some previews:

Reveal hidden contents

preview.thumb.png.33d1143600599ceef7caa1fe29ebafa2.png

preview.thumb.png.61b72f9ebf2133dffcacc219a1ff9c7b.png

preview.thumb.png.5bc5213ae7db887261c5b959df295990.png

preview.thumb.png.3ac02cd181bd4fd0b763b19765c00f93.png

These contain alternative textures from previous DOAX games for 21 basic N and R rarity swimsuits. I won't share alternative textures for SSR, SR or event swimsuits because KT wants to make money with those. DOWNLOAD

Second is a mod to replace that cold stone floor in the suite room with a nice dark or light wooden floor. DOWNLOAD

Spoiler

preview.thumb.png.303904f95ee18a414dacc80c8478917d.png

Next up is the swimsuit malfunction for the black skull shirt (Cumin) which can be found through one of Kokoro's character episodes. Does not support Honoka, Luna and Marie Rose :(. DOWNLOAD

Spoiler

preview.thumb.png.a844aa678c6b7833e82af4cd654e1bdc.png

And last but definitely not least is some glorious nudity added to Misaki's hoodie. DOWNLOAD

Spoiler

preview.thumb.png.16b559ba8252831effdde7ff6a7e0114.png

Finally I'd like to end with a question. Has anyone been able to get transparancy working with costume swaps? For example, if I were to save Misaki's hoodie as a buffer and replace it with itself, it would look the same but it will have lost its transparancy.