Bethesda Softworks just released another buggy mess

I'm looking at you Wolfenstein II. Another example of Bethesda just not giving a damn when it comes to their games actually working. After so many horrible releases and malpractices I'm convinced that they have actually adopted this release buggy/fix later strategy. Yet another reason for me to uphold my Bethesda boycott. Viva piracy. F these corporate shites.

I'm looking at you Wolfenstein II. Another example of Bethesda just not giving a damn when it comes to their games actually working. After so many horrible releases and malpractices I'm convinced that they have actually adopted this release buggy/fix later strategy. Yet another reason for me to uphold my Bethesda boycott. Viva piracy. F these corporate shites.

It doesn't help that they refuse to expand the size of their team.

Keep in mind Bethesda Softworks is a publisher not the developer who made this game. This was made by  Machine Games with probably some help from ID Software since its using their id tech engine.   Bethesda Softworks may have done some QA not really sure though. 

Keep in mind Bethesda Softworks is a publisher not the developer who made this game. This was made by  Machine Games with probably some help from ID Software since its using their id tech engine.   Bethesda Softworks may have done some QA not really sure though. 

myself is it shit no matter who developers and who publishers, I will not buy it anyway!

have you ever seen what the german version is like?

the German politics is bad at speaking to the Nazi regime, Nazi symbols removed (Swastika), texts changed, there is no leader (Hitler), there is a Federal Chancellor.

I feel me fucked!

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2017 at 11:14 PM, winny257 said:

myself is it shit no matter who developers and who publishers, I will not buy it anyway!

have you ever seen what the german version is like?

the German politics is bad at speaking to the Nazi regime, Nazi symbols removed (Swastika), texts changed, there is no leader (Hitler), there is a Federal Chancellor.

I feel me fucked!

Not to offend anyone, but in my mind, Germany lost it's sanity during early 2012. This whole "we should take in refugees to atone for our past sins" policy... Are they truly so guilt ridden, or is it another grand scheme ?

As I sit here enjoying my massively modded version of Skyrim I kind of hope the next similar game that becomes so popular to mod is created by some upstart competitor rather than Elder Scrolls 6. Bethesda just seems to get goofier and goofier as time passes.

Then again I wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda completely jumps the shark when they finally create Elder Scrolls 6 by trying to make it where you're forced to use only their site to host/distribute mods.

On 12/9/2017 at 8:18 AM, MrEsturk said:

As I sit here enjoying my massively modded version of Skyrim I kind of hope the next similar game that becomes so popular to mod is created by some upstart competitor rather than Elder Scrolls 6. Bethesda just seems to get goofier and goofier as time passes.

Then again I wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda completely jumps the shark when they finally create Elder Scrolls 6 by trying to make it where you're forced to use only their site to host/distribute mods.

The policy you just mentioned would not work for a couple of hundred reasons...here is few:

1)The shear amount of modding sites all over the world...both underground and official

2)Most of the modders are good willed people who do this out of love and for seeing the bigger potential in es universe games.

3)This free modding policy is the spark that  brought Bethesda to a such high popularity(although they are stepping over the line with how much actual content must be fixed by the modding community)

4)Free modding is one of the main reasons why Skyrim is where it is today.

5)Bethesda CEO-s would have to be brain dead to make such a decision. 

On 12/12/2017 at 12:10 PM, iskanderosis123 said:

The policy you just mentioned would not work for a couple of hundred reasons...here is few:

1)The shear amount of modding sites all over the world...both underground and official

2)Most of the modders are good willed people who do this out of love and for seeing the bigger potential in es universe games.

3)This free modding policy is the spark that  brought Bethesda to a such high popularity(although they are stepping over the line with how much actual content must be fixed by the modding community)

4)Free modding is one of the main reasons why Skyrim is where it is today.

5)Bethesda CEO-s would have to be brain dead to make such a decision. 

Bethesda were stupid enough to release Skyrim: Switch Edition with the same bugs found in Oldrim, so its definitely possible that they'll try to force people to use their site for mods in future games that they publish.

8 hours ago, ToJKa said:

Skyrim on Switch?

They make one game that is a huge commerccial succes, and then just stop trying

it would not be a success at all would the modding community does not exist!
Imagine you play Skyrim only Vanilla, then it would be long forgotten.
Bethesda does not deserve the success through that game, they acquired this illegitimate, through the modders! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Escape from Castle Wolfenstein was my first foray into that lore. Return to Castle Wolfenstein was one of my all time favorite shooters. Multi player was a blast.

But like a lot of titles that seem to hibernate for some time, The Wolfenstein franchise was spit shined and made for consoles with a PC port, like Doom, etc. ad nauseum.

Anytime I ever complain about consoles it's purely from the development stand point. Consoles grew up, but they aren't 'adults' quite yet. But close enough for developers to shift all the focus to them because it's easier to port to PC with similar results. I just don't know anymore about the newest titles... they don't seem made for my tastes. When they do, the experience is 'tainted' with reminders of a console driven development cycle using all the tricks that they needed to make a console game 'worth-it'. Collectibles, achievements, Icons for everything, but I digress.

With PC being a secondary outlet for most of these titles, Sadly I wait till someone else jumps in the water and doesn't get eaten by sharks. Then I may purchase.

Archived