Magic allowing Bondage Mittens patch for Devious Devices - Expansion (Versions 3.0 and 4.0)

View File

VERISION 1.2: A version for Devious Devices 4.0 has been uploaded.

A small patch file for Devious Devices that allows magic to still be used while the player is trapped in bondage mitten restraints. I find it makes them more interesting by turning them into more of a middle ground torment compared to the fully debilitating armbinder/yoke style devices. As opposed to being a virtually identical in punishment as the mittens are in their standard form.

I mainly created this mod for my personal version of Skyrim and don't imagine it will get much traffic. But since I took the time to create it I decided might as well release it for anyone that may want it.

REQUIRED FILES:

Devious Devices, Devious Devices - Expansion, Devious Devices - Integration, and all the mod files required to make those mods work.

This file is merely a non-invasive replacement script for one item set in those mods. Thus it is useless (and most likely will just crash your game at the title screen) without them :classic_tongue:

INSTALLATION / UNINSTALL:

After installing all the Devious Devices mods listed install this mod's files in your Skyrim directory. Then enable esturkBondageMittensMagic.esp with it listed in front of all the Devious Devices mods.

To uninstall you should be able to just disable the esp file and all bondage mittens will revert to their crueler, default form. There are only 4 files to delete if you want to remove it completely: the esp file, scripts/zadx_BondageMittensEffectScript_nerfed.pex and .pas, and scripts/source/zadx_BondageMittensEffectScript_nerfed.psc.

CREDITS:

- Everyone involved with the creation of the Devious Devices base system.
- Myself for spending 10 minutes making this simple edit patch (As well as spending a ton of extra time tracking down all the external source script files needed to get devious device based scripts to compile)

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    09/22/2017
  • Category
  • Requires
    See Description
  • Special Edition Compatible

**GASP** I wanted something like this for a long time! Fun! =D

Edit: This has some bizarre master files. Apachii hair males? Simply Circlets? I don't think those are BAD, don't get me wrong... I just don't use them myself and they don't seem related.

**GASP** I wanted something like this for a long time! Fun! =D

Edit: This has some bizarre master files. Apachii hair males? Simply Circlets? I don't think those are BAD, don't get me wrong... I just don't use them myself and they don't seem related.

Bah, it's not supposed to require those files :@

Let me look into things and figure out how to get those dependencies out of there. Then I'll re-upload the file.

Alright, got those master file dependencies removed and re-uploaded. I guess Apachii Hair got linked in since I originally built this patch while my altered version of Deviously Cursed Loot was loaded in the Creation Kit but I have no idea how Simply Circlets ninja-ed its way in there :blink: Odd.

Thanks for the head up.

Question, if one has nipple magic installed and adds this will the magic change to come from the hands with mittens on or will it come from the chest area?

I don't have time for testing this weekend so figured I'd ask prior to time opening for testing.

I'd assume so, looking at it the only thing this does is make it so bondage mittens allow you to equip spells normally rather than force un-equip them.

can some one explain me what is mod do ? my english is bad if possible

This mod alters a type of equipment (bondage mittens) from the Devious Devices mod. Bondage mittens are cursed. Normally bondage mittens disable weapon and magic usage. This mod makes bondage mittens curse only disable weapons, not disable magic like in standard Devious Devices.

Question, if one has nipple magic installed and adds this will the magic change to come from the hands with mittens on or will it come from the chest area?

I don't have time for testing this weekend so figured I'd ask prior to time opening for testing.

It works with the nipple magic effect. As LazyBoot guessed all this mod does is tell the bondage mitten script not to force unequip spells, thus does not edit or interfere with the magic animation system itself.

One other thing: for some reason the original bondage mitten effect allows the player to still equip shields. Anyone think I should disable shields in this modded version?

This just happens to fit very well with my current character, who is a mage that is most likely going to get enslaved by her follower(s) via Devious Followers. That mod puts mittens on the Dragonborn, which normally stops her from doing anything... but with this mod it makes more sense that they'd restrict her to only being their Healslut while they do the "real work" ^_^

Gonna give it a try!

Awesome, dude. This is really good for me, since I like mage characters the best (stealth ranger is just too easy).

A word about the yoke device; the yoke actually leaves the hands somewhat free. What if the player could still cast spells while wearing one?

Imagine this, if you will: you find yourself in Falkreath after being forced into a yoke, and this one time that it happens... a dragon comes. You are still able to launch fireballs, but... there is no guarantee that the spells will actually hit your intended target; you struggle to properly aim one fireball at the dragon's spine to avoid hurting anyone, except that you can't actually see your intended line of fire. Poor Lod dies instantly, and several guards begin beating on you because they don't like being set on fire...

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'm thinking that this would be a fun addition that puts the player squarely in the middle of debilitation and risk; with the bondage mitten casting, the player can try to affect the outcome of any fight, regardless of the combat class. With the yoke casting, it is much the same, with the exception of the possibility of the player getting into a lot of trouble for trying.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and yes I did download your mod. Keep up the good work.

i hardly ever use magic, so this would be an interesting way of introducing a new playstyle.

If you do plan to permanently lock yourself into bondage mittens make sure to get a companion that can pick locks. Otherwise you can forget about getting through any locked chests/doors. For the most part all you would be doing is losing out on loot, but there are a few places were it can really be a liability (such as trying to pass through Helgen, where the local bandits always lock the gates).

Awesome, dude. This is really good for me, since I like mage characters the best (stealth ranger is just too easy).

A word about the yoke device; the yoke actually leaves the hands somewhat free. What if the player could still cast spells while wearing one?

Imagine this, if you will: you find yourself in Falkreath after being forced into a yoke, and this one time that it happens... a dragon comes. You are still able to launch fireballs, but... there is no guarantee that the spells will actually hit your intended target; you struggle to properly aim one fireball at the dragon's spine to avoid hurting anyone, except that you can't actually see your intended line of fire. Poor Lod dies instantly, and several guards begin beating on you because they don't like being set on fire...

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'm thinking that this would be a fun addition that puts the player squarely in the middle of debilitation and risk; with the bondage mitten casting, the player can try to affect the outcome of any fight, regardless of the combat class. With the yoke casting, it is much the same, with the exception of the possibility of the player getting into a lot of trouble for trying.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and yes I did download your mod. Keep up the good work.

Interesting idea, though I'm not sure I could pull it off. I haven't looked at the yokes script, but I know they use a much different system to disable the player's abilities than the mitten.

While the mittens merely force unequip hand items the binders/yokes flat out disable all your menus and hotkeys which would make accessing/swapping spells impossible. It would really depend on if the menu disable script command is broken up into separate commands for each menu or is just one general command for all of them (bad if that is the option).

I also have no idea how I would make the spells have trajectory and accuracy issues. I suppose linking the stumble animation to randomly trigger when firing a spell, though that would likely be buggy given how much lag the scripts can have if its possible at all.

(...)

Interesting idea, though I'm not sure I could pull it off. I haven't looked at the yokes script, but I know they use a much different system to disable the player's abilities than the mitten.

While the mittens merely force unequip hand items the binders/yokes flat out disable all your menus and hotkeys which would make accessing/swapping spells impossible. It would really depend on if the menu disable script command is broken up into separate commands for each menu or is just one general command for all of them (bad if that is the option).

(...)

First of all, thanks for creating this patch/mod/modmod (?)... whatever you wanna call it, it's a neat idea.

I'm using the DD 4.0 beta in my game and found that the patch didn't seem to work after I tried to use the script without the esp as a direct replacement for DD's own script in MO, renamed back to its orginal file/script name and recompiled. Now I don't know if that was due to a mistake I made or my game acting up. However, I did manage to get it working by tweaking the script some more:

• In the stripweapons function, I removed "Spell sp" and its related if clause
  • In the OnObjectEquipped event, I removed the "akBaseObject.GetType() == 22" condition (type 22 is spell according to the CK Wiki)

I'm still fairly new to all this scripting stuff, but it now seems to work fine in my game, after those changes were made and compiled in PapyrusCompiler+ (which by the way is an awesome tool with a UI that allows you compile scripts without starting the CK). Also, I can't see a reason for why these two spell related things should be kept in the script, anyway.

the binders/yokes flat out disable all your menus and hotkeys

This has been changed for DD 4.0, too. When equipped with yoke, armbinder or any of the new wrist restraints (hand cuffs etc.), you can now open and use your inventory and other menus (map, journal, ...) as usual. Restrictions apply to what you're able to do with your inventory... so you can't equip a weapon (of course not) or tamper with your other restraints while your hands are bound. You're also disallowed to use furniture (crafting stations!), like in DD3 and before.

You're also disallowed to use furniture (crafting stations!), like in DD3 and before.

That's actually the one thing I've changed in for my own game. I've excluded the carriage from the block, because I find it annoying and I can ignore the few seconds of broken animation in favour of the utility they bring.

(...)

(...)

First of all, thanks for creating this patch/mod/modmod (?)... whatever you wanna call it, it's a neat idea.

I'm using the DD 4.0 beta in my game and found that the patch didn't seem to work after I tried to use the script without the esp as a direct replacement for DD's own script in MO, renamed back to its orginal file/script name and recompiled. Now I don't know if that was due to a mistake I made or my game acting up. However, I did manage to get it working by tweaking the script some more:

• In the OnObjectEquipped event, I removed the "akBaseObject.GetType() == 22" condition (type 22 is spell according to the CK Wiki)

I'm still fairly new to all this scripting stuff, but it now seems to work fine in my game, after those changes were made and compiled in PapyrusCompiler+ (which by the way is an awesome tool with a UI that allows you compile scripts without starting the CK). Also, I can't see a reason for why these two spell related things should be kept in the script, anyway.

This has been changed for DD 4.0, too. When equipped with yoke, armbinder or any of the new wrist restraints (hand cuffs etc.), you can now open and use your inventory and other menus (map, journal, ...) as usual. Restrictions apply to what you're able to do with your inventory... so you can't equip a weapon (of course not) or tamper with your other restraints while your hands are bound. You're also disallowed to use furniture (crafting stations!), like in DD3 and before.

When I made this mod I didn't really pay much attention to the strip equipment section. I just removed the check for spells, it worked, so I called it a success and released the patch. I have tweaked it a bit since then to disable shields (been trying to add torches since then but its a bit trickier). I'll remove the unequip spell lines of code you mentioned and make a new release tonight.

Out of curiosity how does the 4.0 version effect savecodes using 3.0 or devious device based mods in general like Deviously Cursed Loot? I'm so deep into my current play through that I'm not sure I'd want to update to the new version if its going to require me to start over.

I already use PapyrusCompiler+. Just being able to skip the insane loading times that CK's compile menu throws at you everytime you open it alone makes the PapyrusCompiler+ worth it.

El_Duderino, on 26 Sept 2017 - 03:58 AM, said:snapback.png

You're also disallowed to use furniture (crafting stations!), like in DD3 and before.

That's actually the one thing I've changed in for my own game. I've excluded the carriage from the block, because I find it annoying and I can ignore the few seconds of broken animation in favour of the utility they bring.

Oh I know you mean about the carriages. I gave my slave master companion an armbinder fetish to make her more of a nusiance. She also doesn't allow me to hold on to money for very long or fast travel either. So getting a carriage ride has become almost mini puzzle game in itself. Having to whore out just to get the pocket change to afford the carriage ride while hoping the sadistic bitch following me around doesn't snatch away the money or lock me in armbinders in the process...

Out of curiosity how does the 4.0 version effect savecodes using 3.0 or devious device based mods in general like Deviously Cursed Loot? I'm so deep into my current play through that I'm not sure I'd want to update to the new version if its going to require me to start over.

While they do strongly recommend a new save, you could possibly get it to work with the update if you know what you're doing. Just don't expect much help if you run into any issues you can't replicate in a fresh game.

Only thing to really remember is that you need to get rid of ALL devices you had from before.

I'm also fairly sure cursed loot will be getting an update shortly after DD4 comes out, seeing as the author is on the DD dev team.

While they do strongly recommend a new save, you could possibly get it to work with the update if you know what you're doing. Just don't expect much help if you run into any issues you can't replicate in a fresh game.

Only thing to really remember is that you need to get rid of ALL devices you had from before.

I'm also fairly sure cursed loot will be getting an update shortly after DD4 comes out, seeing as the author is on the DD dev team.

I can confirm the "new game totally recommended" advice from my experience with the betas. When the new escape mechanics were introduced I first tried them out in an existing game, updated from DD3 (or even a previous beta from before the big escape system update), but there were a lot of problems. "If you know what you're doing" doesn't really apply to me and Skyrim, so the new game was really my only option left.

That being said, any existing mods that were published before DD4 should work without any issues in a new playthrough. So far, I've tried the latest DD4 beta together with Captured Dreams, Cursed Loot, City Bondage, and PetCollar and everything worked as it should. Backwards compatibility in DD4 seems to be flawless, including with custom restraints in CD and DCL like for example the (almost) completely unremovable Gods' Cursed Jade items or Leon/Leah's restraints.

Eh shoot, don't think I'll be upgrading then. Not trying to flush almost a month's worth of progress in my playthrough. Plus I did a lot of editing to my private copy of devious cursed loot (tweaked/bug fixed the dominant followers, removed all chastity gear, fixed issues with the vanilla jewelry being sometimes stripped during sex even when set not to, etc.)

Thanks for your input.

• 3 months later...
On 9/26/2017 at 3:58 AM, El_Duderino said:

Any chance of you sharing that patch with those of us that have upgraded to DD 4.0 as the mod author says they won't be upgrading right now?