Great mod altogether but also very twisted.  I'm glad people here commented coz I was so lost and stuck many times.  Thanks for replies with clues! And talking about clues,  I have none as how to deal with some part of the Jarl's wife mission.  I searched Grey manes,  I killed off all Thalmors in their headquarter and I had to use a teleportation spell from a different mod to get out of there.  Anyway,  when I go back to Proventus,  he still has the same questions,  namely why do you suspect gray manes and what makes you think Thalmors are behind those attacks.  It looks like I made no progress at all with this mission.  Help anybody?

20 minutes ago, teeta0 said:

Great mod altogether but I'm kinda stuck with the Jarl's wife.  I got inside the thalmor headquartes with Bjartur as the supposed hooker. The objective is to kill Thalmors quietly and I do it with no problem.  However when all Thalmors are dead,  I can't get out of the building.  I tried going around it and used a spell of teleportation that I have from another mod but when I go back to Proventus,  the only dialogue he has is the question why he thinks Thalmors are trying to kill the jarl. I'm pulling my hair out here,  I've replayed this bit so many times and nothing.  Also, the quest marker here only points to Proventus so I had to do lots of running around blindly.  So help,  please?

do you wanna have an extra whore? if your answers is no then

forget the thalmors and the other idiots, go to nelkir room and open his chest, you'll find a dark brotherhood letter, that will let you progress through the quest

43 minutes ago, leyre said:

do you wanna have an extra whore? if your answers is no then

Hide contents

forget the thalmors and the other idiots, go to nelkir room and open his chest, you'll find a dark brotherhood letter, that will let you progress through the quest

Thanks for the advice,  maybe I'll finally progress ahead. 

3 hours ago, teeta0 said:

Great mod altogether but also very twisted.  I'm glad people here commented coz I was so lost and stuck many times.  Thanks for replies with clues! And talking about clues,  I have none as how to deal with some part of the Jarl's wife mission.  I searched Grey manes,  I killed off all Thalmors in their headquarter and I had to use a teleportation spell from a different mod to get out of there.  Anyway,  when I go back to Proventus,  he still has the same questions,  namely why do you suspect gray manes and what makes you think Thalmors are behind those attacks.  It looks like I made no progress at all with this mission.  Help anybody?

if you want to go the other way (go thru the Grey-Mane part etc)

with the "Jarl's wife" quest active in the journal

after you are told to "check the Grey-Manes" etc.

you must gain access to the Grey-Mane House (start the vanilla quest from old lady Grey-Mane in the marketplace, she will tell you to meet her in her house, do this)

search the Grey-Mane house (check all the quest markers)

go to outside Solitude (make a save here so you can "save the assassin" this is important if you are male, if female you can still do it without her)

enter Solitude and go by the food stands (not in the shops), here a scene with Thalmor will play out

the "assassin" will interrupt and die (you can talk to her during the scene before she interrupts it and convince her to wait for later, thus "saving" her)

if you "save the assassin" and cannot find her 

now you need to go intercept the "pimp" coming to town (you do to have to have the "assassin" with you yet)

kill the "pimp" and "whore" outside Solitude (they are walking to town from the Embassy)

take their gear

go back into Solitude (get the "assassin" if you "saved" her and take her with you, if you are female you can do without her if you want, but it is easier with her)

go to the Thalmor Headquarters inside Solitude (not the Embassy)

wear the proper gear (you did loot the "pimp" and "whore" right??)

talk to the guards outside the Thalmor Headquarters (this will get you inside)

search all the quest markers (without getting spotted, this is much easier if you kill off the Thalmor inside by stealth attacks and hide the bodies)

fail to find any indications they are involved again (just like at the Grey-Mane's)

get told to check with the Dark Brotherhood (if you are part of them talk to Astrid, or skip)

go search the kids chests in Dragonsreach.

check the catacombs

also no matter which way you go, when you enter

Dragonsreach to search the kids chest.

make a hard save (in a new slot), some people have troubles a little further in the quest, and some have an issue after it is completed (i am one of those).

if you run into the "issue" after completing the "Jarl's Wife" and want to know what i did send me a pm and i will explain what i did there (its kinda long and involved).

Thanks again people!  Still needing some more help though,  with the Jarl's bedroom scene.  Once Mephala Nelkir asks me to make my choice,  I decided to protect the jarl. There's this fight and the only enemy standing is Caius who will not die no matter what and the quest objective still says 'decide what to do'  and ' protect the jarl'.  Haven't i already decided? And how to deal with the last guy standing? Plus,  whenever I leave the Dragons reach,  I get attacked by three random npcs.  I'm like wth is going on?

bedroom scene in "Jarl's WIfe" quest can become stuck if Commander Caius shows up (due to him being essential).

if he shows up you will have to roll back to a previous save.  i would suggest making a new hard save when the bedroom scene is next (in Dragonsreach

outside the Jarl's wing) in case Commander Caius shows up again (reload and try again and hope he does not show again).

the random npcs attacking you is normal if you saved the Jarl.  they will stop if you get far enough away. 

1 hour ago, philyb said:

So I've gone into this pretty blind, but Alvor/Drothe just seem to live at the Skyforge now and haven't moved from there, they just follow Eorlund around watching him.

Is anything else supposed to happen?

If I remember correctly

Spoiler

You should go to Alvor's house at night.

4 minutes ago, bobbo1 said:

Any way to change the options selected during the start up?

I *think* everything selected during the startup is saved as a global variable that can be changed with console commands.  You could probably look at the mod in TES5Edit and see all the variables.  I know you can do this to for example get rid of the screen effects.

So after completing all the quests I can say I absolutly loved the episode one quests, didn't like the episode 2 quests at all. Too buggy, too much interference with vanilla quests, and not much fun.

If there is a way to have just episode one I would absolutly keep it for future playthroughs, otherwise I'm uninstalling

first of all i loved the quest around Nazeem .. it was in one word: great.

but the quest around Olfina was a bit tricky at some points and seems.. a bit buggy not game- or quest-breaking.. but i had to use the console at some points to port npc's to there locations, so that dialogues getting started. ..but one issue i have even after i'll ended the quest: the objective "Obtain the Key to Gray-Manes either by courting Olfina or offerin....." is still in my questlog.

i'll dont follow the objective (i even did not read it, because it wasn't in the quest description but under misc ._. so i'll pickpocket the key from eorlund .. so is there still a console command to remove the objective? i'll really like the mod and dont want to uninstall it, but i'll like a clear quest log far more.^^'

btw i would love to see a quest to ... take care of the poor widow Elisif the fair.^^

ah and before i forget: i had to resurrect 2 npc's to solve the quests .. Farengar and hulda .. both of them where dead .. but thats not really a problem .. just port them to the scene and resurrect them.^^ but as suggestion for the next time: Maybe where ..replacement-NPC's as Backup a nice idea.

(and from the category nice to know...)

(i'll use AFT, My Home is Your Home, and the multiple adoptable children mod with custom home support). After her quest i married Ingun Black-Briar but she wont move to her home. (i choose the home in Rifton first, where she never appeared) then i'll moved her to me, and made her to a follower, i fast traveled with her to my mod-player home. she fast traveled with me, but instantly walked back right to Rifton (maybe she forgot something... xD) i'll used my home is your home to move her in (because i wanted her giving a workspace in the cellar and gave her with the guarding-funktion the ability to leave the house.. but she simply ignored my wishes...(maybe i'm a bad futanari-wife who know's..) but she heard of my orders, when i use the multiple adoptable children - mod to make the playerhome to her house.. okay, she never leaves the home.. but thats okay, if i touch her with AFT she instantly wanna back to rifton x'D .. but stay if i say it her with the mutible children mod. xDD..

i'll would say theres a conflict between the 3 mods.. but with any npc, thats not involved in one of your quest anything works fine, ill think maybe she has a new location via quest attached? .. and the 'weighting' of the position is over the base game marriage-location, AFT and MHiYH but under mutable adoptable children? ... could that be the reason?

after a few weeks ingame time she is still in our house.. she forgot that she is a AFT follower and dont have the dialogue of your mod to say. shes acting like a vanilla housewife.. i dont know why she's acting like this but i had to tell you from her. x'D

sorry for the bad english but it's late in germany and my bed is yelling my name loud.

Partway through The Jarl's Wife quests, got some remarks I wanted to share about the quest's implementations - along with an issue it seems to cause in my game.

First off, the instances where

a lot of NPCs are spawned, particularly in Halted Stream Camp and in the Jarl's Quarters... Are way too numerous for the confined spaces. Was quite ridiculous.

The biggest concern I have is towards the 'Mephala spawns' that happen after crossing her. The method of NPC selection leads to quite silly choices of NPCs that show up to attack the player - ranging from slightly unbelievable (NPCs from the other end of Skyrim) to highly difficult (insanely tough followers from mods). The thing is, the clone spawns somehow mess up the original copy as well, though I don't know if this happens to anyone else.

For example, I once had a naked Lydia clone spawn while she was an active follower. Since then on, original Lydia had lost almost all of her should-be available dialogue, and was no longer being recognized as an active follower. I'm looking into toying around with the mod in CK to prevent these spawns altogether.

I appreciate the content this mod offers, but the implementation is a bit nuts.

I think the dialogue mentioning an NPC near Ivarstead is mistakenly written as "Rorikstead".

20 minutes ago, Rattlesnark said:

Partway through The Jarl's Wife quests, got some remarks I wanted to share about the quest's implementations - along with an issue it seems to cause in my game.

Huh, the spawns causing issues with the original may be something I saw as well.  In my game one of the companions brothers (Farkas or Vilkas, can't remember which) ended up as an arch-enemy of my PC at relationshiprank -4.  This meant he would attack my character on sight and get his ass beat by my followers and half of Whiterun.  I just used console commands to set him back to a reasonable rank, but I did not check if I could still use him as a companion or not.  I did not see any other issues like that, altho I rarely actually fought the spawns and just used invisibility to get around them.

I'm a bit confused on the Jarl's wife quest. I keep being attacked by random clone NPC's. I looked through the forum but in no way can I find it addressed. All it does is tell me I need to discover how to stop Mephala's influence. Wouldn't that require a choice? No options are given. Discover what? I protected the Jarl. Everywhere I go random clones appear. I would be dead a dozen times over if I didn't have multiple followers. It's getting ridiculous. What choices am I supposed to make? How can I proceed past this? It's a big world, without a single hint as to where to go.

10 hours ago, Reesewow said:

Huh, the spawns causing issues with the original may be something I saw as well.  In my game one of the companions brothers (Farkas or Vilkas, can't remember which) ended up as an arch-enemy of my PC at relationshiprank -4.  This meant he would attack my character on sight and get his ass beat by my followers and half of Whiterun.  I just used console commands to set him back to a reasonable rank, but I did not check if I could still use him as a companion or not.  I did not see any other issues like that, altho I rarely actually fought the spawns and just used invisibility to get around them.

Hmm... I hadn't checked if the relationship status was influencing my follower's available dialogue options, but I ended up disabling the spawning in the mod's script. How often should they be spawning, though? I left the debug message (top-left) on and it seems to want to trigger a lot.

6 hours ago, kenjking said:

I'm a bit confused on the Jarl's wife quest. I keep being attacked by random clone NPC's. I looked through the forum but in no way can I find it addressed. All it does is tell me I need to discover how to stop Mephala's influence. Wouldn't that require a choice? No options are given. Discover what? I protected the Jarl. Everywhere I go random clones appear. I would be dead a dozen times over if I didn't have multiple followers. It's getting ridiculous. What choices am I supposed to make? How can I proceed past this? It's a big world, without a single hint as to where to go.

Don't you get the message in the top left corner of your screen? We were just speaking about that in the post directly above yours as well.
Also, aren't you at the quest stage that requires you to in fact "discover how to stop Mephala's influence"? It happens after you speak to Balgruuf once you've saved him in the Jarl's Quarters sequence.

I'm at that point of the game myself, but I'm guessing if things work right, the spawns should stop once you complete that part of the quest.

Reinstalled this mod to get the Ep 2 quests, I'm pretty far along in the game, done civil war, done alduin, done Miraak, still doing thieve's guild quests to make guildmaster, using College of Winterhold mod so not archmage till all magic skills hit 100,haven't started dark brotherhood or companions yet.

Nazeem's quest had some issues as Balgruuf has been replaced as jarl. Despite that the feast happened as scripted with Balgruuf showing up after Graymane left the room.  But now I'm at Danica's quest, and I'm having trouble with the redguards. They have showed up, but for some reason an old Whiterun guard spawns and instantly starts fighting with the Stormcloak guards.  He's essential, but there just isn't anyway to ever talk to him as he's always in combat.

I've gone back to old save from prior to that quest and simply have ignored it for now.

Any suggestions on how I might get it to work?

Hi, I'm playing the lastest version of this mod. On quest regarding investigation of Thalmer headquarter. My character just arrived in Solitude and supposed to witness what happen on the market square of the city. However, after the supposed begger shout" Skyrim belongs to Nord", all characters just stand there, no animation, no extra dialogue or anything. The quest is just stuck there and unable to proceed. I try to talk to the begger before she shouts, but the system indicated the that person is busy. The only way to continue the game is to kill the begger myself, but if I do that, the messgae shows that "I should't let her throw away her life like that". Is this a bug here?