8 hours ago, Yunnyou said:

then why in the config of the mod have consensual configurations? like the time or furniture radio?

My guess is to get that answer you'd have to speak with the mod author, but I can hazard a guess.

Even the "punishment" action has to have parameters as it still has to interact with AAF and the game. You'll notice, perhaps, that the option doesn't just stick to aggressive acts. While it's "punishment" on the label, it's just AAF and your animation packs interacting and they need to know what you want and when to end.

It's entirely too bad the mod was abandoned. But it was. So now we use it because it's what we have. *shrug

I noticed a very unexpected compatibility issue with a mod called: "Truby9 Ultrawide - Fallout 4". Basically the mod prevents Extended Dialogue Interface from working. The culprit is the fact that Truby9 Ultrawide does not save its files in a ba2 but XDI does which means that truby9 ultrawide will always overwrite files in XDI.

Solution:

Reinstall the mod and enable the compatibility patch in the FOMOD installation wizard.

A good method for testing this mod is to open up a console in the main menu and type in "coc prewartvstudio" then try to enslave the news broadcaster. If the first dialogue is not XDI then you have a mod conflict.

I also had some issues with marking the NPCs for enslavement so I started coding a solution of my own. Currently my mod allows player to bind a custom key to mark/unmark NPCs. There is also a filtering system so one does not accidentally mess with a wrong NPC.

image.thumb.png.9a65a441e7901ac9ea32bcee7f4dda38.png

I'm going to play around with it before I even think about releasing it to the public.

Edited by Dassu

Thanks for the encouragement Sulphur.999. I've been testing it for several hours and everything seems to work. I even managed to fix the bodygen morphs not being copied  so now the cloned NPC looks identical to the marked one. Some NPCs spawned through console commands will still look different, I don't know why and frankly I don't care.

Originally I was hoping to make JBH not replace anything in JB but unfortunately I had to edit the "release" fragment inside JBHunterQuest to also dispel the JBHMarkedSpell.

Things to improve:

- JB Hunter uses DetectLifeFXS as the hit shader to give feedback to the user. I wonder if there exists a better alternative. I'm looking for something that will briefly highlight the target.

- Mark listing uses Debug.Notification(). I don't what is the down side of doing so but other modders seem to avoid it. I have tried to look for UI library which would offer a better solution but I have yet to find one.

- Defend settlement quest may become uncompletable if attacker is marked. The quest can still fail. AFAIK vanilla JB also has this problem. I find this bug very odd since JB essentially kills the marked NPC and respawns a clone.

5 hours ago, BENJAMINDONK said:

How can I recapture a runaway slave? I got the quest, go to the location, found the slave running, but I cannot bring up the dialogue menu pressing E, while shooting at her just simply killed her.

I've read earlier in this thread that the runaway slave system is broken and it never worked for me.  It's probably best for now to set the "Slaves Runaway" (or something like that) option in the MCM to off.

1 hour ago, tinkerbelle said:

I've read earlier in this thread that the runaway slave system is broken and it never worked for me.  It's probably best for now to set the "Slaves Runaway" (or something like that) option in the MCM to off.

Personally I always kept it disabled but I'm thinking about making "Just Escape - Simple Escape" which would simply despawn the slave if the player was stupid enough to not restrain her while submission was very low. Also, what bothers me is the fact that enslaved enemies instantly fight for you instead of trying to escape during combat. In Fallout 4 you can assign AI packages to NPCs that make them behave cowardly, for example Billy behaves like that.

I'm still thankful for the mod. It is great even though it has some flaws.

Edited by Dassu
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey, lovely mod. I have an issue, and nobody seems to have the same problem. During attacks on settlements, slaves become hostile too. They pick up guns and start to shoot settlers (nuka-world raiders). They seem to become non-hostile after getting knocked out, but still. Anybody has some information?

I noticed my raider babes that were taken as slaves sometimes turn into raider dudes. After I saw "Jennifer" was a dude, I remembered that's why I went after named NPCs and not generic raiders, gunners etc.

there must be some setting where they don't change appearances, or the named NPCs would be a mess.  Anyone know what that may be?

On 4/5/2023 at 7:49 AM, MrGrey said:

Yes. Something similar to enslaving and not killing he RR. You don't finish the quest unless they're dead or you convince them to run. Making them slaves and the quest never finishes. Shame really, I like collecting slaves that are individuals, like Desdemona.

there is a mood called Magic Syringes that has a reanimator shot. that is craftable.

think of it as first aid or CPR. it can resurrect recently killed npcs. (no dead bodies)

kill them ("everyone saw me kill them right?" ) -> complete the objective -> loot them (some npc's spawn quest items upon death XD )-> one shot of reanimator -> mark them -> wound them -> welcome them into their new  life.

it can be done with console commands but... for the nitpicky (like myself) this is a more "lore friendly" option.

------

speaking of odd things. anyone noticed that some slaves go to where they were enslaved when you tell them to "relax here"? others seem to go where you last left them in prostitution. (this ones seem to stop if you disable the "travel to workplace option")

I started to follow one and they just walked to the exact place they were they got their collar. not where they spawned originally.

others like Dixie seem to disappear. so I guess the AI package that makes Dixie roam the commonwealth is the culprit.

and some that were resurrected, then enslaved (like Nisha) seem to stay put on fizztop without a problem.

this doesn't happens when they are assigned in a settlement. but it does when you tell them to relax.

On 10/20/2023 at 9:19 AM, MrGrey said:

I noticed my raider babes that were taken as slaves sometimes turn into raider dudes. After I saw "Jennifer" was a dude, I remembered that's why I went after named NPCs and not generic raiders, gunners etc.

there must be some setting where they don't change appearances, or the named NPCs would be a mess.  Anyone know what that may be?

I think there is an option that has a description about keeping the bodies. and frankly that never happened to me (i never grab raiders) with scavengers.

so I'm at a loss of words. let me check the ingame options.

there is an option on the debug tab. "Update body"

from the description it might work as a "recycleactor" of sorts when changing cells. I have it off.

check to see if you have it on just to be sure.

Edited by elfdrow
On 10/20/2023 at 7:19 AM, MrGrey said:

noticed the same and do the same (just take named NPCs),  the addon doubles the number of slaves you can have (from 20 to 40) but i am not sure

if that is total or at a time (if total you will run out of slots before you can capture all the named Raiders/Gunners alone).

8 hours ago, elfdrow said:

there is a mood called Magic Syringes that has a reanimator shot. that is craftable.

think of it as first aid or CPR. it can resurrect recently killed npcs. (no dead bodies)

kill them ("everyone saw me kill them right?" ) -> complete the objective -> loot them (some npc's spawn quest items upon death XD )-> one shot of reanimator -> mark them -> wound them -> welcome them into their new  life.

it can be done with console commands but... for the nitpicky (like myself) this is a more "lore friendly" option.

another option if you want the NPC is Portable Cloning Device (its on the N site).  while this will not give you that exact NPC, it will give you a settler clone of them

(named settler) and with Rename Anything you can even give them the same name.  the clone will not have their unique dialogues (voice type might be different also).

but this can also be useful as you can have a settler that looks exactly like the NPC without messing with any quest the NPC is part of.  you can actually have multiple 

copies of someone (and it has a beta feature that allows them to be followers too).  so yes you can have 10 Curie's following you around (probably only have 1 with the

right voice though).

hope someone finds the information useful

2 hours ago, Fergis4 said:

I'm having a glitch where once a slvae becomes a follower I can't dismiss them anywhere to any settlement they just follow me around all the time. theres no dialogue option to dismiss so that I can send them to a settlement

The "go home" option doesn't appear?

On 10/29/2023 at 9:28 AM, Mr Zombie Brain said:

when i Mark NPC then tell them "you may go" they say "message received" get up proceed to attack me how do i make them like in Violate runaway? 

umm use Violate??

anyway what the "you may go" option does (as far as i can tell) is just removes Just Business overrides to behavior.  really useful if you accidently mark a follower.

so stuff that would attack you otherwise will attack you again, followers will behave as they should, etc.

for me personally what i do is consider "you may go" = i did not mean to mark you in the first place.

On 10/30/2023 at 5:22 PM, valcon767 said:

umm use Violate??

anyway what the "you may go" option does (as far as i can tell) is just removes Just Business overrides to behavior.  really useful if you accidently mark a follower.

so stuff that would attack you otherwise will attack you again, followers will behave as they should, etc.

for me personally what i do is consider "you may go" = i did not mean to mark you in the first place.

umm i use Violate!!

yeah i use it like this i just thought something wrong was with my load order like conflict 

thnks

capture and enslave make into settler work fine, but the game keep crashing if i try to do any of the sex option i got the advance animation framework 161.1 and [AAF] Themes - VanillaSexAnimations, Kinky/Aggressive and CreatureSexAnimations install so idk why this keep happening.

Edited by nailkaiser
forgot stuff