4 hours ago, JanIsaksson6644 said:

How well does this mod work with other mods that change settlers like Horizon or Sim Settlements? I'm want to try either this mod or Human Resources with Horizon and I wonder if anyone here has done something similar. I've already got all the requirements installed, played with them for a while and it all seems stable.

I have played many hours of horizon and quite a bit less with the first sim settlements. Worked fine. 

Let me clarify that I used horizon for the farming, buildings, etc. I never worried about parity as far as damage, so your mileage may vary

12 hours ago, Nightlistic said:

So I ran into an something using the Prostitution option of Just Business yesterday. I placed one of my slaves at Bunker Hill to be a prostitute. I get the message my Prostitute found a client. I go to see what's up, and its the female child that lives their. They didn't do anything obviously but this has never happened in Diamond City, or Vault 81 where there are children running around so I thought I might mention this. 

Well that's fuckin' odd. Never seen that one.

On 2/4/2024 at 11:40 PM, Sulphur.999 said:

I have played many hours of horizon and quite a bit less with the first sim settlements. Worked fine. 

Let me clarify that I used horizon for the farming, buildings, etc. I never worried about parity as far as damage, so your mileage may vary

That sounds very promising. Did you finish a full play-through with it then? I'm mostly worried destroying the save/frequent crashes/quests/settlements not working. If it's just a bit of jank or weird balance I can easily deal with that. I did play with it for an hour or two and didn't really notice any problems testing the mod.

22 hours ago, JanIsaksson6644 said:

That sounds very promising. Did you finish a full play-through with it then? I'm mostly worried destroying the save/frequent crashes/quests/settlements not working. If it's just a bit of jank or weird balance I can easily deal with that. I did play with it for an hour or two and didn't really notice any problems testing the mod.

I use Thuggysmurf's mods too, Depravity, etc. (Yes, even with horizon. I don't care about imbalance.) So I don't do the original questline hardly at all, but I have no problems using it with horizon. The only issues you might have is they won't get the settler bonuses nor follower ranks. Stuff like that.

Do it man, you won't regret it. I never have

Edit: I've had a character to lvl 116 using it so I think you should be good

Edited by Sulphur.999

Crud, my game is all messed up. I tried playing again after months, but even AAF isn't fully installing anymore. AAF only installs to 70%. Also when I reload a save my character is naked, bald and eyeless. Any ideas? I reinstalled F4SE. Now I am reinstalling the game itself.

Edited by SlaveHunter311

Wow, nothing I am doing is fixing it. In fact, it's even worse now that I reinstalled the game on steam. It's like Vortex's load order automatic sorting is just not able to sort it properly like it was before. It's weird because everything was fine at first when I tried to play, but for some reason at one point it wanted to reload everything, and it had no idea how to do it right. My character was bald, naked, and eyeless. My two slaves disappeared. Most of, but not all of my gear also disappeared. It wanted me to go find the moded guns I already had. And AAF does not work because it can only load %70. Like, what the hell happened? And starting a new save does not help. If you guys have any ideas, I would really appreciate your input.

6 hours ago, SlaveHunter311 said:

Ok, reinstalled the game again, reinstalled f4se, and reinstalled AAF again. AAF works now, but my character's hair is gone for some reason. Eyes are there though. Thats something.

I'm not sure how to fix your game for any current saves, but I've been where you are. I would recommend just calling that save a loss, trim down your modlist until it's just the basics with AAF and it's requirements and start over. Then add mods a few at a time so you can see where it starts to fuck up.

Auto sorting using loot (for example) is really not a good idea. It works for skyrim (mostly) but not so much for FO4. I don't use vortex but I'd bet a buck or two that it's using loot to do it. MO2 does too.

Lots of patience and troubleshooting. It's a pain but it's cool AF when it all works

I got the requirement mod, the game turn on fine, the mod load in but can't turn the hunter mod on. Every time i'm try to turn it on it turn off right always. I did try using 0.7.5 and 0.7.6 turn all other mod off so only Just Business and it requirement on new game, after create my character, but still same result. Do i need to get to nuka world to able to active the mod ?

7 hours ago, DontMindMeAnyWay said:

I got the requirement mod, the game turn on fine, the mod load in but can't turn the hunter mod on. Every time i'm try to turn it on it turn off right always. I did try using 0.7.5 and 0.7.6 turn all other mod off so only Just Business and it requirement on new game, after create my character, but still same result. Do i need to get to nuka world to able to active the mod ?

Nuka World is a required master for the mod to run. so yes.

8 hours ago, valcon767 said:

Nuka World is a required master for the mod to run. so yes.

I don't think that's what they're asking.

Yes, Nuka World is required to install Just Business.

No, you do not need to go to Nuka World first before you can start capturing slaves.

On 1/14/2024 at 3:05 AM, Nightlistic said:

I just wanted to put this here in case others run into this same issue because I found an easy in game fix for it.

When checking the info of a slave, and you choose to change their appearance. I've experienced with random gen Raiders, Gunners, and Rust Raiders that I turned into slaves, that if you try to change their entire appearance they will turn invisible after you click done. The fix I found for this that will make them reappear with most of the appearance changes (adding things like slave tattoo to the body doesn't seem to work thanks to the dirty skin raiders and gunners have, I'm not smart enough to know why.) is to "quicksave", make sure you know the slaves location (using the building mode is an easy way to find them as they get highlighted when the cursor points at them even if they're invisible) open up console command window, and make sure you click on them to get their character ID to show in the center, then type "recycleactor". Close out of console command, and reload that "quicksave", and their appearance will change, and they keep being a slave, wearing anything you gave em, and the job you had assigned them. After that I've not had them go invisible again changing their hair or cosmetics. I'm sure this is a problem with another mod I have messing with Just Business, but I'm not familiar enough with modding to figure out which. So I just wanted to share an easy in game fix if you experience this like I have so you don't frustrate yourself trying to figure it out or getting mad at this amazing mod.

Anyone know a better solution for this ?

4 hours ago, 24K said:

Anyone know a better solution for this ?

After multi times doing this I wouldn't recommend it anymore. I ended up causing some kind of bug that turned all randomized Raiders and Gunner females into my character down to even the body overlays I had on doing this so I ended up starting an entire new game. I've not found a way to make changing their looks work or their names to stick even with the rename anything mod. It just seems to auto default them back to their original look and the name. I've just kinda of given up on making this part of Just Business actually work. Then again it just might be my version of FO4 being difficult I'm no real expert. I just tried to share what I thought was a solution but it seems to cause more problems long term than help.

On 2/11/2024 at 9:57 PM, Nightlistic said:

After multi times doing this I wouldn't recommend it anymore. I ended up causing some kind of bug that turned all randomized Raiders and Gunner females into my character down to even the body overlays I had on doing this so I ended up starting an entire new game. I've not found a way to make changing their looks work or their names to stick even with the rename anything mod. It just seems to auto default them back to their original look and the name. I've just kinda of given up on making this part of Just Business actually work. Then again it just might be my version of FO4 being difficult I'm no real expert. I just tried to share what I thought was a solution but it seems to cause more problems long term than help.

I was able to alter their appearance a while ago.
Somehow it changed when i got back into Fallout.
I myself am not technical enough to know what changed as well.

Altering appearance has (also) always been janky. FO4 cuts and pastes a bit. There's only like 6 original raiders or some shit. I use this approach. First, it has to be a unique figure. For example; Simone, at dunklin diner. I taker her every playthrough. But, y'know, she looks kind of rough. SAVE.

Start a new game to get to character creation. Choose the appropriate model. Make your changes. SAVE the preset.

Load up, use the JB character adjuster, apply the preset you just saved, back out of the character creator . . . profit. (Don't worry when your settlement starts to attack her/him, just apply and confirm/exit and it'll be just fine! LoL)

The other thing you can do, it still has to be a unique character, is load it and choose a skin color. Match or not, be creative. DO NOTHING ELSE.

When you exit the character creator your captive will be cleaner and lose any scars, etc. Your mileage may vary.

Trying to change the raiders is gonna be a big fuckin' hassle and in the end, won't work. At least well. If you do make it work, document it please.

Its a learning curve kind of mod, but I use https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21248 and the raiders are diverse enough that I don't worry about it. There are other raider modifying mods as well. Don't take my word for it.

Good luck

hey question, every time i change anything in this mods settings in mcm or a terminal or a status of a slave i get the absolute worst sticky frame drop, (actual fps count doesnt change in my counter but everything stutters tremendously). i literallly have to load the file before the change to get it normal again. i have for sure localized it to this mod and i have great specs (4090, intel 13th gen, 16gb ddr5 ram) can someone please help? and yes i do have my fr capped at 60fps so my mods can work properly

Edited by whitehulk213
clarity
On 2/8/2024 at 1:54 PM, SlaveHunter311 said:

Ok, reinstalled the game again, reinstalled f4se, and reinstalled AAF again. AAF works now, but my character's hair is gone for some reason. Eyes are there though. Thats something.

1. Game still patching as Tes 5. So some mods can be broken.
2. Mods versions updated.

3. Bald and etc. related character issues of body replacer and hair mods.

4 . Old data files was been deleted.

4. 1. Data files what was been delted still used in save file.

4 .2. Data files still existed but corrupted or missed data inside them.

There many ways to have broken game. Thait's better start new game after total reinstallation if playing with mods.

Edited by SofiaPavlovna

So i just encountered something strange. After doing the quest out of Covenant, and freeing Stockons daughter I went back to Covenant to recruit some free labor, and the hunt option to mark enemies so they don't die, and to put a collar on them does not appear. I tried reloading multiple times, double checked Hunt is on. It shows for the traveling merchant outside of Covenant but not on any of the people on the inside. This is the only time, and only place in the entire game this has happened.

1 hour ago, Nightlistic said:

So i just encountered something strange. After doing the quest out of Covenant, and freeing Stockons daughter I went back to Covenant to recruit some free labor, and the hunt option to mark enemies so they don't die, and to put a collar on them does not appear. I tried reloading multiple times, double checked Hunt is on. It shows for the traveling merchant outside of Covenant but not on any of the people on the inside. This is the only time, and only place in the entire game this has happened.

Try using the "Additional Dialogs Mode" on them. It gives me a "Mark" command for some folks like that

• 2 weeks later...

Having a hard time with the mod. When I encounter potential slaves and do end up enslaving them, they don't follow me even after I tell them to in the dialogue section. I've tried resetting them but still the same, I've tried killing then resetting them but still the same. Any ideas what's causing this issue?

On 2/26/2024 at 10:04 PM, D3g3n791 said:

Having a hard time with the mod. When I encounter potential slaves and do end up enslaving them, they don't follow me even after I tell them to in the dialogue section. I've tried resetting them but still the same, I've tried killing then resetting them but still the same. Any ideas what's causing this issue?

hmm ok going to try to help

first make sure you do not have another enslavement mod running (Human Resources is the one i know conflicts if you try to run both at the same time).

and yes i did initially make the mistake of having both installed in the same game and neither worked right.

make sure you have all the hard requirements for the mod installed, active and that they are loading before this one.

XDI (Extended Dialogue Interface) tends to be one that sometimes is missed.

the enslavement process should work as follows:

1 - turn on hunter mode

2 - mark npc (potential slave)

3 - if marked npc is normally hostile, beat, shoot, or otherwise damage them until they enter bleedout (if not hostile skip this step)

4 - talk to marked npc (if hostile make sure marked npc is in bleedout mode) 

5 - npc should say "you win"

6 - new dialogue should now be available and you need to tell npc to put collar on (or for super mutants - you won't kill them but they must follow you)

7 - wait a few seconds (time depends on individual load order and computer specs) the npc (should now be a slave) will stand up (exit bleedout)

8 - at this point the new slave should be following you

9 - when entering dialogue after this you should have some options including "follow me" (stay if already following), "go home", "let me see what you have",

and more (i have a total of 9 initial options, but do have the Auction House, and Just Business Addon which lets me have more slaves following me).

hope this information helps you find what is wrong