1 hour ago, Voronves said:

Where can i find english version? I support for a few weeks now but all posts are in Russian.

The posts are in Russian, but the mod is released in ENG and in RUS. Just use Google translate to read his posts. 

The extended patreon version is only available for the 10$ patreon tier.

1 hour ago, Highborn said:

The posts are in Russian, but the mod is released in ENG and in RUS. Just use Google translate to read his posts. 

The extended patreon version is only available for the 10$ patreon tier.

Oh ok got it thanks

On 2/7/2021 at 9:17 AM, brewmasterhal said:

If you can get into melee range of the Phantom, one hit of any kind will knock her out and allow you to interact with her to continue the quest.  The most effective way of doing this is by setting the scrolls that Zoe provides you with to one hand, and your fist in the other.  Once you can see the tower from the road, cast your scroll and keep refreshing the effect when it fades, then sprint up the hill and punch her lights out.

If all else fails, click and hold to charge a weapon swing then open the console and type help phantom and note the formID that it returns, should be XX06F2E6.  Now type prid XX06F2E7 and moveto player then close the console and release your swing to smack the bitch in her invisible face.  This is pretty much the only possible way to access the super-secret scene with the Imperial officer.

Whats this super-secret scene with imperial office ? how to acces this sir @brewmasterhal ? we let 1st imperial corporal died first or not ? Thanks

2 hours ago, BM21 said:

Whats this super-secret scene with imperial office ? how to acces this sir @brewmasterhal ? we let 1st imperial corporal died first or not ? Thanks

Unless I'm gravely mistaken and Brewmasterhal has another super secret hidden scene I am unaware of, this is what I think it is:

Spoiler

If you kill the Phantom before she manages to kill anyone, you can continue to walk with the Imperial officer for a long, long ways. Tag along with them and eventually they'll make camp somewhere, and you can camp with them. Since you asked specifically, don't let anyone die (except the phantom--if you instead choose to capture the phantom, you are immediately teleported to the prison and the Imperial Officer vanishes into the eternal void of story-gameplay inconsistency)

On 6/21/2021 at 7:28 AM, brewmasterhal said:

@sagar123

Try this:

While in the suite, execute startscene XX2714bb

That should start the scene where you go to sleep.  Hopefully some script in there will start further scenes.

also cannot sleep in the suite, relevant papyrus log snippet:

Error: SF_hp_sw_hall_inroom_sleep_042714BB.ForceStart() being called on an invalid object, aborting function call
stack:
	[alias RentroomBedActivator on quest hp_sw_hall (221856FF)].hp_sw_hall_rentroombed_sc.OnActivate() - "hp_sw_hall_rentroombed_sc.psc" Line 21

decompiled the relevant script with champollion:

1 scriptName hp_sw_hall_rentroombed_sc extends ReferenceAlias
  3 ;-- Properties --------------------------------------
  4 scene property hp_sw_hall_inroom_sleep auto
  6 ;-- Variables ---------------------------------------
  8 ;-- Functions ---------------------------------------
 10 function OnActivate(ObjectReference ak)
 12 |   if ak == game.getplayer() as ObjectReference
 13 |   |   if !ak.GetCurrentScene()
 14 |   |   |   hp_sw_hall_inroom_sleep.ForceStart()
 15 |   |   endIf
 16 |   endIf
 17 endFunction
 19 ; Skipped compiler generated GotoState
 21 ; Skipped compiler generated GetState

so, line #14 seems to be failing for whatever reason.
FormID of hp_sw_hall_inroom_sleep is xx2714BB.

Edited by yeahhowaboutnooo
5 hours ago, theliddtin said:

Hide contents

If you kill the Phantom before she manages to kill anyone, you can continue to walk with the Imperial officer for a long, long ways. Tag along with them and eventually they'll make camp somewhere, and you can camp with them. Since you asked specifically, don't let anyone die (except the phantom--if you instead choose to capture the phantom, you are immediately teleported to the prison and the Imperial Officer vanishes into the eternal void of story-gameplay inconsistency)

That's what I meant, yes.

Unrelated, but I think this is fun trivia: there's actually a word that means "story-gameplay inconsistency".

5 hours ago, yeahhowaboutnooo said:

Error: SF_hp_sw_hall_inroom_sleep_042714BB.ForceStart() being called on an invalid object, aborting function call
stack:
	[alias RentroomBedActivator on quest hp_sw_hall (221856FF)].hp_sw_hall_rentroombed_sc.OnActivate() - "hp_sw_hall_rentroombed_sc.psc" Line 21

Well, the OnActivate function is a built-in hook that can be applied to any activate-able object, such as an Activator or Furniture record.  When the player or any other character interacts with the object, the code within the OnActivate block is executed.

In this case, the code gets a reference to the PC and casts it as an ObjectReference.  It then checks to make sure that the player is not currently in a scene, and if not it attempts to start the scene we want.

Checking the data within the Suite cell, there are actually three different copies of the bed, for some reason.  Two are Furniture objects, XX18D38D and XX2714CA, and another is an Activator XX640A6D.  The first is referenced nine times, mostly by the scenes involving Kruvar, and is probably a dummy that gets swapped in for those scenes.  The second has zero references, and is probably a dummy that gets swapped out with the Activator during the sleep scene.  The third has only one reference, an alias within the quest hp_sw_hall.

The Papyrus log indicates that the bed is not a valid object.  The stack trace tells us that the object being activated is referenced via the alias RentroomBedActivator on the quest hp_sw_hall.  There is, indeed, an alias within that quest noted as 062 RentroomBedActivator, along with another noted as 048 RentroomBed.

Just a guess, but I'd bet that if you run sqv hp_sw_hall and check the list of aliases, you'll find that the RentroomBedActivator alias has been set to point to one of the Furniture copies of the bed, rather than the Activator copy.  Assuming that Furniture records are for some reason not allowed to initiate a scene, this would cause the error but would otherwise be indistinguishable from the correct bed copy.

If I'm right about all this, you should be able to fix it by running the following:

1. ssq hp_sw_hall
  2. prid XX640A6D
  3. forceRefIntoAlias RentroomBedActivator

Then activate the bed as normal.

You can also post a save file within the suite and I can try messing with it for a while myself to see if I can get things to work.  I can't think of any reason why just starting the scene via the console would fail, but some of this scripting shit is just weird.  Maybe dicking with the quest aliases will fix things.

12 hours ago, brewmasterhal said:

The Papyrus log indicates that the bed is not a valid object.

Nope, the papyrus log tells us, that hp_sw_hall_inroom_sleep is not a valid object.

(which also explains why the console command startscene XX2714bb fails.)

The stacktrace just tells us which functions succeeded before the erroneous function call. -> OnActivate() still executed "normally" until it hit line #21 (or line #14 in the decompiled version) where it tried to run ForceStart() on the invalid object hp_sw_hall_inroom_sleep.

quick peek in xEdit, shows that hp_sw_hall_inroom_sleep [SCEN:222714BB] has a couple of erroneous object references in it's scripts, maybe that has something to do with this?

Spoiler

image.png.4c983a2d5daeadc7f055cd73ae5bfb81.png

Nevertheless, i'm still going to check this later: 

12 hours ago, brewmasterhal said:

Just a guess, but I'd bet that if you run sqv hp_sw_hall and check the list of aliases, you'll find that the RentroomBedActivator alias has been set to point to one of the Furniture copies of the bed, rather than the Activator copy.

edit: nope, the RentroomBedActivator alias was correctly set to XX640A6D:

image.png.2257b077dceb83999fd8659fe287102e.png

Thanks for the help  :) (and the patches and the guide :D )

Edited by yeahhowaboutnooo
15 hours ago, yeahhowaboutnooo said:

quick peek in xEdit, shows that hp_sw_hall_inroom_sleep [SCEN:222714BB] has a couple of erroneous object references in it's scripts, maybe that has something to do with this?

That's going to be the problem.  Those two aliases point to a quest and a scene that were added in the extended version.  Looks like Dogma deleted them from the .esp when making v1.0.0.8 and references to those records got left behind, which created some dangling pointers.

Try going back into xEdit and deleting those two script properties (brottvar and hp_sw_brot_t_01_Dream) entirely.

29 minutes ago, brewmasterhal said:

That's going to be the problem.  Those two aliases point to a quest and a scene that were added in the extended version.  Looks like Dogma deleted them from the .esp when making v1.0.0.8 and references to those records got left behind, which created some dangling pointers.

Try going back into xEdit and deleting those two script properties (brottvar and hp_sw_brot_t_01_Dream) entirely.

nope, still not working, same error in the papyrus log.

However upon gameload, i still get these errors:

Error: Unable to link type of variable "::brottvar_var" on object "SF_hp_sw_hall_inroom_sleep_042714BB"
Error: Unable to link type of property "brottvar" on object "SF_hp_sw_hall_inroom_sleep_042714BB"
Unable to bind script SF_hp_sw_hall_inroom_sleep_042714BB to  (222714BB) because their base types do not match

So i at least think, that the scripts also reference brottvar -> need to change those as well.

Do you think there also could be an issue with the scene/scripts being partially in the savefile?

I know collision issues could be part of another mod, but I think I found the big inconsistency with it (since I thought it was working, then it wasn't)

I think this Thief Mod has special schlongs for the "Old Men" (or at least the two I tested, Viggi and Veteris) and so they don't have collision, while the other characters seem to be working as intended.

I'm not sure how to tell the mod to instead just use SoS instead, and I'm also not sure which .nif files even use these special old man schlongs.

If there is just a way to get the Thief mod to exclusively use SoS, that would be the simplest fix--is this possible?

1 hour ago, theliddtin said:

I know collision issues could be part of another mod, but I think I found the big inconsistency with it (since I thought it was working, then it wasn't)

I think this Thief Mod has special schlongs for the "Old Men" (or at least the two I tested, Viggi and Veteris) and so they don't have collision, while the other characters seem to be working as intended.

I'm not sure how to tell the mod to instead just use SoS instead, and I'm also not sure which .nif files even use these special old man schlongs.

If there is just a way to get the Thief mod to exclusively use SoS, that would be the simplest fix--is this possible?

What I did with the dick physics patch was, if I recall correctly, copy the SoS .nif files into the \BD\custombody\ and \dft\genitals\ directories and over-write the existing files.  That's effectively the same thing as modifying the mod to point to the SoS meshes.

It should be possible to modify the .esp such that every reference to the penis meshes added by DogmaEngine.esm instead points to a SoS mod of choice.  It would take a while to try to track down where those references might be.

3 hours ago, yeahhowaboutnooo said:

nope, still not working, same error in the papyrus log.

However upon gameload, i still get these errors:

Error: Unable to link type of variable "::brottvar_var" on object "SF_hp_sw_hall_inroom_sleep_042714BB"
Error: Unable to link type of property "brottvar" on object "SF_hp_sw_hall_inroom_sleep_042714BB"
Unable to bind script SF_hp_sw_hall_inroom_sleep_042714BB to  (222714BB) because their base types do not match

So i at least think, that the scripts also reference brottvar -> need to change those as well.

Do you think there also could be an issue with the scene/scripts being partially in the savefile?

Ok, so the problem is definitely the result of the stuff that was added in v1.1 and left dangling when things were removed.  I fear that the only fix is going to be to do a direct comparison of the v1007 and v1008 copies of the hp_sw_hall quest.  If we modify the v1008 .esp such that the hp_sw_hall record is identical to that of the v1007 record, and then we extract the relevant compiled scripts from the v1007 .bsa and place them to override, then maybe it'll work.

I've got a python-based esp parser I've been working on, let me see if I can modify it a bit so that I can perform a diff.

Remind me if I don't mention this again by next weekend...

Edited by brewmasterhal
5 hours ago, badumtss said:

I'm trying to find Brewmasterhal's patches but can't find them anywhere. Does anyone know where the link is?

It seems odd to me that so many are having difficulty finding this link.  It's in the FAQ post.  How do you get my version of the dialog without finding all of the other files?

I don`t want to talk shit about this guys work but thats actually the worst Quest mod I´ve ever played. Up to the point where you reach falkreath it`s very enjoyable, the custom animations are sick, but you actually have to look at the walkthrough so many times and it doesn`t even help you every time. I can ignore everything because the storyline of the mod, the animations and the karma system are great work but the fight angainst zoe? I started a new game for the mod and as a player between lvl 1 and 20 you won`t be able to complete the quest unless you get yourself some crazy gear beforehand. The Forgotten City was created by one dude and he didn`t have to update his mods dozens of times to make it perfect. If you want to waste your time and want to rage like you`ve never raged before this is your mod. If you don`t want to destroy your love to Skyrim DONT INSTALL THIS MOD!

4 hours ago, theolikeappels said:

I don`t want to talk shit about this guys work but thats actually the worst Quest mod I´ve ever played. Up to the point where you reach falkreath it`s very enjoyable, the custom animations are sick, but you actually have to look at the walkthrough so many times and it doesn`t even help you every time. I can ignore everything because the storyline of the mod, the animations and the karma system are great work but the fight angainst zoe? I started a new game for the mod and as a player between lvl 1 and 20 you won`t be able to complete the quest unless you get yourself some crazy gear beforehand. The Forgotten City was created by one dude and he didn`t have to update his mods dozens of times to make it perfect. If you want to waste your time and want to rage like you`ve never raged before this is your mod. If you don`t want to destroy your love to Skyrim DONT INSTALL THIS MOD!

Or you could just, you know, kill her via console and move on.

8 hours ago, theolikeappels said:

Calm down lol if you don't like then don't install it, its a free mod at the end of the day. 

13 hours ago, brewmasterhal said:

Kannst du genauer sein?

I think he might mean the quest markers, it would be easier with (exact) quest markers, of course, but I think it works very well that way.

I have to agree with him on the point "Fighting Zoe", it is overly difficult and even with a very high level it is often very hard, because her fireballs take a lot of health.

On 7/7/2021 at 7:15 AM, theolikeappels said:

Ich will keinen Scheiß über die Arbeit dieser Jungs reden, aber das ist tatsächlich der schlechteste Quest-Mod, den ich je gespielt habe. Bis zu dem Punkt, an dem Sie Falkreath erreichen, ist es sehr angenehm, sterben benutzerdefinierten Animationen Sind krank, Aber SIE Wann müssen Sich sterben Komplettlösung so oft ansehen und es hilft Ihnen nicht jedes Mal. Ich kann alles ignorieren, weil die Handlung der Mod, die Animationen und das Karma-System hervorragende Arbeit sind, aber der Kampf gegen Zoe? Ich habe ein neues Spiel für sterben Mod gestartet und als Spieler zwischen lvl 1 und 20 can SIE sterben Quest nicht abschließen, es sei denn, Sie besorgen sich vorher ein paar verrückte Ausrüstung.The Forgotten City wurde von einem Typen erstellt und er musste seine Mods nicht dutzende Male aktualisieren, um es perfekt zu machen. If du deine Zeit verschwenden und wüten willst, wie du es noch nie zuvor getan hast, ist dies dein Mod.

I agree with you about the difficulty of fighting Zoe, but that doesn't mean you have to put the whole mod down. 
After all, when the fight is over, it continues with a wonderful quest mod.

In addition, the main quest of the mod is now finished and all other files are extensions for the mod.

Edited by Horus_04
On 7/7/2021 at 7:15 AM, theolikeappels said:

lol. now this is what i call a shitpost