Outdated - [CE] Conan Exiles - Outdated

I found Conan a mixed bag... 

What's excellent: 

The game detects which mods the server uses and installs them auto-magically.

What's bad:

Mostly empty world except tough-ish NPCs. I was a totally new player so the only time I met someone, I was overwhelmed by the emote system and ran away (into a sandstorm, and died).

Server admins sometimes post gibberish like "all houses must be X or Y" and when you return, your house including thralls and resources from four weekends of farming and learning the game has been removed by an admin (because you followed instructions on some blog and used foundations, then didn't log in for three days so you didn't see a warning). (That was the point when I was like "alright assholes, I'll play something or somewhere else"). 

Gameplay-wise, it's fun for a short while to forcibly "hire" minions and do whatever with them, but there was hardly any interaction with other players: World big, server population small, AND they'd won a war to get rid of the player-abusing S/M guild. So no one was hunting for females to torture anymore, though that kind of content was why I'd joined that server in the first place.

*sigh* it had potential but feeling overwhelmed by the 200+ emotes, and getting everything I'd built destroyed because I didn't understand some weird rule about buildings and destructability. Really killed my motivation to try any more servers.

12 hours ago, Yotix said:

I found Conan a mixed bag... 

What's excellent: 

The game detects which mods the server uses and installs them auto-magically.

What's bad:

Mostly empty world except tough-ish NPCs. I was a totally new player so the only time I met someone, I was overwhelmed by the emote system and ran away (into a sandstorm, and died).

Server admins sometimes post gibberish like "all houses must be X or Y" and when you return, your house including thralls and resources from four weekends of farming and learning the game has been removed by an admin (because you followed instructions on some blog and used foundations, then didn't log in for three days so you didn't see a warning). (That was the point when I was like "alright assholes, I'll play something or somewhere else"). 

Gameplay-wise, it's fun for a short while to forcibly "hire" minions and do whatever with them, but there was hardly any interaction with other players: World big, server population small, AND they'd won a war to get rid of the player-abusing S/M guild. So no one was hunting for females to torture anymore, though that kind of content was why I'd joined that server in the first place.

*sigh* it had potential but feeling overwhelmed by the 200+ emotes, and getting everything I'd built destroyed because I didn't understand some weird rule about buildings and destructability. Really killed my motivation to try any more servers.

Easy way around that - find a new server. There are plenty good ones out there. None of them will fit exactly what everyone wants, but no game usually does. I've put thousands of hours into that game over the past several years. It's great and the modding community is still coming up with new stuff constantly. That said, there are some servers full of jerks or admin tyrant types.

Just need to look around and you'll find a good one.

On 2/27/2020 at 5:13 AM, Ashal said:

wouldn't I need to know what mods the server is using before connecting? I've not played CE much beyond the first 10  minutes or so, so I have no idea how any of this works.

I can give you a raw impression, for the technical side... In theory you don't need to know shit. When you connect to a server that uses mods you don't have, they will be downloaded automatically. 
In practice that takes ages and might fuck up and it will probably take ages to connect to the server afterwards as well (every time). You can join a server and let the mods download automatically, but regardless how you get them i'd recommend to use a modlist.txt, all servers i know have on published on their discord (which is mandatory on all servers i know). Pretty much all servers have some kind of rules for many things, be it building (like "Do not stack foundations" - they make the server laggy) to pvp (like "Do not kill on sight, announce a pvp intend") or rape (like "ask for consent out of character (OOC)") which you're supposed to read. You may not necessarily need to know everything by heart from the very beginning, but these examples are something all admins on every server take quite seriously if you break it. Warnings if you break a rule will usually be posted at the discord, one reason why it's mandatory to join it.
Also common is some kind of own server lore and appropiate names, usually fitting the hyperborean age and the race you play. Ashal wouldn't be frowned on for any race i guess, though. :)

Like mentioned above... yes, the emotes can be overwhelming and many servers i've played on even have a rule that you are not allowed to "flee" from rp and that you're always in character (IC). On the other hand, though... usually people are very friendly and will understand of you don't have time or don't get stuff. Running away is literally the worst possible option, explaining that you're new and don't get anything at all will most likely bring you some nice people explaining you stuff. :)

*edit. I might add, the group i found and followed over several servers because admins there were crap doesn't maintain our own server anymore, unfortunatly :(
I'm currently playing on probably one of the biggest, cursed sands: https://discord.gg/rfqznz They added a high fantasy server which is often even overfilled, at least for american time zones (max people is 70, above you have to wait in a queue to join), their "normal conan" server is less populated since then but there still are many people playing.

Admins are.... a mixed bag, i found some awesome and some real jerks, there are more rules than on average and i'm not sure if i want to stay there but... pretty much all people i met are really good at rp there, although there is a high rate of perma killing characters which shortens any story....so i guess the mixed bag is true for the server as well.^^

*edit2: especially if you don't even know the game, i'd very much recommend to join a clan instead of starting on your own. Usually clans prefer people who can play on a more or less daily basis rather than only the weekends, though, due to limited clan size, but it's totally possible to find a nice group of 3 or 4 as well. :) Having a clan with people who don't mind to show you things ooc, do the building and thralling, show you how and where gather which resources and thralls, how to use them, how to fight... there is really a lot of stuff to learn and i would have given up after the first 20 hours or so rather than playing the 1600 hours i have now without people showing me things. Although i still can't fight for shit if literally my life depends on it, or at least the life of my char. xD

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Nymra said:

Hey,

I am thinking about trying conan (s)exiles.

Questions I have:

- is there a mod like Skyrims Defeat? Like when u are killed/defeatet by enemies your character is raped?

Nothing for npcs. Playing on a server can yeild that interaction from players, even slavery.

12 minutes ago, Storms of Superior said:

Nothing for npcs. Playing on a server can yeild that interaction from players, even slavery.

ok, fair enough :)
Are there still populated servers around in that category? last time I checked there was like 1 guy online somewhere...

EDIT: I am not very familiar with discord (yet) and maybe just joined the wrong channels. The link from the long post above does not work anymore for example.

Wolves of Atropates Fantasy 18+ E/Rp/PvP The use of magic in the war between factions has caused rifts into different dimensions. Some of this creatures and beings have decided to fight as other have ran and hide to survive. What will you do in a land full of different beings? You will fight? You will hide? Or will you enslave others. Only time will tell what will happen. Level 60 boost Starter kit Start building kit Emote kit Dye kit Exp 5x Harvest Rate 6x Resources Respawn Rate 7x longer days Shorter Nights Body doesn't stay in world Keep items upon death Crafting faster than vanilla Purge is off https://discord.gg/DzR2gJu https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/682767426953281539/682863143889797130/message.txt

On 3/8/2020 at 3:26 AM, Nymra said:

ok, fair enough :)
Are there still populated servers around in that category? last time I checked there was like 1 guy online somewhere...

EDIT: I am not very familiar with discord (yet) and maybe just joined the wrong channels. The link from the long post above does not work anymore for example.

If you want to be sure there are people online, i think cursed sands is the way to go currently, with about 3k members it's by far the biggest server rn with at least about ~20 people online at any time, at least on their more populated high fantay server. I'm not too familiar with discord either, can try with a new link and see if that works.^^
https://discord.gg/cursed-sands
What often is added is something like "read the rules, type !accept" or something like that, can't remember rn how to get it work on cursed sands, let me know if you have problems.^^

Like mentioned above you don't need any DLCs for any mods afaik, and you don't really need any for anything at all even. DLCs allow you to build different walls/furnitures/clothes, but essentially if you ask nicely you'll be able to find somebody who has it and can make it for you, maybe for a little payment in ig gold or services. 

• 3 weeks later...

Name: Bound Desire 18+RP/ERP/PVP AoC/EEWA
PVP
ERP
Age Restrictions: +18
Server: NA
Max capacity of server: 20(for now)
Discord (or other) Server: https://discord.gg/W5nACvD
Text only
No password

Server Settings
XP rate: x3
Gathering Rate: x 3
Day/Night Ratio: 0.5/1.5
Hunger/Thirst settings: 0.1/0.1 Idle 0.5/0.5 Active
Drop Equipment on Death: No
God Avatars Enabled: No
Containers Ignore Ownership: No
The Purge Activated: No
Players stay logged in the world when they log out.

Mods:

Pippi
Fashionist
Improved Quality of Life
SlaverMod1.13
Thrall War Dungeon Mod
Savage Steel
Savage Steel vol II
Exiled_lands_improved
WARRIOR Mutator
RP Aesthetics
WYSIWYG Wheel of Pain
WonderButter
Conan Sexiles 3.1.5
Unlock Plus
Player Beacons
EEWA
Age of Calamitous
Age of Calamitous RP add-on
ExilesExtreme
300 Level

The Exiled Lands are a harsh and hostile place. Exiles arrive, are nailed to crosses, only to be taken down and dragged away, and awaken in a strange prison. Some people didn't deserve to be sent to the Exited Lands, maybe pissing the wrong person. Others, murderers, rapists, and thieves, without question deserved to be there.

The only law there seems to be the strong prey on the weak. The strong construct cities, and try to have new exiles, willing and unwilling, live there. So it all come down to a choice every exile must make. Well they be one of the strong and carve out a new piece of land for themselves, becoming a Warlord, or King. Or well they submit, that being living on there land, to even becoming a slave to there whims. Only time will tell.

Im a little surprised that this community hasnt jumped on this game like rabid sharks. It has everything: Inbuild nudity, wheels of pain, taking slaves, entertainers, dismemberment, inbuild emotes. Steam workshop has some decent mods but we all know that this is the best community for making these sorts of mods and I hope we see more coming soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the right place to ask for help, but I'm kinda stuck. Anyway, I'm having problems with Conan Sexiles. I downloaded the latest (3.2.0) version from the Steam Workshop and I have succesfully installed it. The masturbation emotes work fine, but whenever I try to bring up the radial menu to start an interaction, the game has a little lag spike (as if trying to load it) and then nothing happens. Any help?

4 hours ago, AlphaLegionnaire said:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask for help, but I'm kinda stuck. Anyway, I'm having problems with Conan Sexiles. I downloaded the latest (3.2.0) version from the Steam Workshop and I have succesfully installed it. The masturbation emotes work fine, but whenever I try to bring up the radial menu to start an interaction, the game has a little lag spike (as if trying to load it) and then nothing happens. Any help?

How much time passes before you give up? There are also controls that go along with it to switch stages, animations and speed.

12 hours ago, Storms of Superior said:

How much time passes before you give up? There are also controls that go along with it to switch stages, animations and speed.

Sorry, give up what? I've read the manual, and the buttons to speed up work for masturbation. but the menu to initiate sex does not show up when i press and hold E.