Four-Play: Beginner-Friendly Installation Guide (Comprehensive Tutorial to Sexualise your FO4)

Thank you for the reply. I started the game used a clean save. Nothing popped up in the corner and I couldn't trigger any animation. Any suggestions on steps I redo or logs to check?

Thank you for the reply. I started the game used a clean save. Nothing popped up in the corner and I couldn't trigger any animation. Any suggestions on steps I redo or logs to check?

Sorry for the weird repetition above.

My phone wigged out on me.

Try redoing the Enable Modding step (edit the ini's).

TY, it all works accordingly, good to know it was just the test cells.

I followed the installation guide but still don't really have an answer as to whether or not I still need Crazy's Gun mod as it mentions I do in the original four-play thread.

If I do, which needs the priority in MO?  Leito's animations or Crazy's mod?

Sorry for the weird repetition above.

My phone wigged out on me.

Try redoing the Enable Modding step (edit the ini's).

I redid the edit ini's step and double checked and still no luck.

When I launch the game via f4se_loader.exe

Nothing from step 12 happens.

Step 12 - Launch the Game via F4SE

I attached my papyrus log maybe that can show what I am doing wrong.

Papyrus.0.log

Magic....

attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log

It looks like a F4SE related issue. Try doing the F4SE step again.

I am a bit confused...  Why is F4SE even required?  None of the files use plugins, or at least none that I could see.Is Four-Play calling something that does have a plugin?  However, I can definitely say that F4SE is installed correctly.

I mean, my preferred method would be to load this into my existing (highly-modded) version, but there was a lot of insistence on an un-modded save.  My existing version of FO4 DOES require F4SE, as a requirement for CBBE / Bodyslide.

As a thought, could this have something to do with the Hi-Res Textures?

Thank you for putting this all so clearly. I was directed to your page when I couldn't get the annimations to trigger - the just stripped and stood at idle for a while. I read through your guide and felt I was sure I'd done everything listed correctly. But I'm using Wrye Bash - for the first time - so your guide reasured me that I hadn't missed a step. So I decided to install all again manually - and now it works! :)

Seems I have a bit more learning to do with Wyre Bash and Fomod installers.

Thank you again :)

Mod Organize 2 isn't currently catching Bashed Patch, 0.esp to Overwrite. It also has issues with LOOT and sorting the load order with it can be a chore, because LOOT might not detect mods at all. NMM has similar issue with LOOT right now, though restart usually fixes the problem. This does not always happen, so it is worth to keep in mind.

FO4Merged.esp works fine. It is also generated correctly in MO2.  I wanted to point this out, because mods from Nexus are already dancing around keywords - especially related to weapons and armor - and I expect adult modding in LL to hit in to similar problems soon. That might be something that could be added to first post. It looks like keywords are quite well harmonized in adult FO4 modding right now, but we know that it is not going to last for long and keeping things in line with AWKCR (when needed) would be a good idea.

LePresidente just got his computer reinstalled and is back to work with MO2. He is especially trying to solve issues with FO4 modding right now. That might take some time.

This makes Wrye Bash as a very good alternative for modding 64bit Bethesda games. Several players have moved to use it, while waiting for either LePresidente to solve current MO2 issues, or Tannin to release the new mod manager for Nexus.

I noticed that WB modding information was missing. I can warmly recommend checking out how it behaves as a mod manager. WB is close to MO in it's behavior, though without profiles. It is true that most players do not consider WB as a mod manger, but it is actually quite a good mod manager for 64bit games in current situation.

Got it all set up but have an annoying issue.

Launch game and in top left corner it gets to "4play: Setting up Slots" and never actually says "Four-Play: Sex Slots Set"

I did the coc 4test room and some animations work and then some don't. (i.e. It will lock my character into a position with another character and we'll just stand there naked. It will also do this for 2 Npcs. Other animations work though, Like the orgy room works properly. Also if I dip below a threshold of health an NPC will start a proper working animation with me.)

The same couple of npcs keep having the same mistakes, and then the instances that work properly continue to do so consistently.

am I missing something?

Launch game and in top left corner it gets to "4play: Setting up Slots" and never actually says "Four-Play: Sex Slots Set"

I did the coc 4test room and some animations work and then some don't. (i.e. It will lock my character into a position with another character and we'll just stand there naked. It will also do this for 2 Npcs. Other animations work though, Like the orgy room works properly. Also if I dip below a threshold of health an NPC will start a proper working animation with me.)

The same couple of npcs keep having the same mistakes, and then the instances that work properly continue to do so consistently.

am I missing something?

I'm sort of having this issue as well. I wasn't sure "Setting up slots" was different than "Sex slots set" Do you know for a fact that it is?

I've also never seen "Sex slots set."

Do you get a message saying "One or more of the actors is already occupied"?

Also since you're having an issue with some animations and not all, is it possible you don't have the patch? On my side I get nothing at all.

This is what I posted over in the diagnosis thread:

Hey everyone, I'm having an odd issue after following the set up guide to a tee. 

Basically whenever triggering an animation, the characters will strip, but the animation will not play. After the duration is over I will get a message in the top left corner saying "4play: one or more of the actors is already occupied." Has anyone ever gotten that before?

I have seen the "Sex slots setting up" message. (Is this specifically different than "Sex slots set up"?)

I have set everything for papyrus in the .ini files.

I have tried triggering the animations through the terminals at coc 4test. Same thing mentioned above happens.

F4SE is installed (not through NMM)

I have leitos animations and the compatibility patch for them.

Any help would be great, thanks

am I missing something?

I'm sort of having this issue as well. I wasn't sure "Setting up slots" was different than "Sex slots set" Do you know for a fact that it is?

Also since you're having an issue with some animations and not all, is it possible you don't have the patch? On my side I get nothing at all.

Hey everyone, I'm having an odd issue after following the set up guide to a tee. 

Basically whenever triggering an animation, the characters will strip, but the animation will not play. After the duration is over I will get a message in the top left corner saying "4play: one or more of the actors is already occupied." Has anyone ever gotten that before?

I have seen the "Sex slots setting up" message. (Is this specifically different than "Sex slots set up"?)

I have tried triggering the animations through the terminals at coc 4test. Same thing mentioned above happens.

I think Setting up Sex Slots is the final prompt, as it says this on the Four_Lei mod. I reread through most of it last night and I moved some installations around and now the scenes seem to be working properly.

Now the only issue I'm having is the camera locking in odd positions.

am I missing something?

I think Setting up Sex Slots is the final prompt, as it says this on the Four_Lei mod. I reread through most of it last night and I moved some installations around and now the scenes seem to be working properly.

Now the only issue I'm having is the camera locking in odd positions.

Yep, I managed to fix mine too. Turns out the thing I tested most often was the only thing that was actually broken. (Sex Em Up masturbate button)

For the camera thing, I just go into console and type in tfc. Works well enough :) 

I'm having trouble with the alignment of my characters in this mod, but I'm not sure what the problem is related to. I'm using bodyslide and CBBE, could it be that? It seems to mostly affect specific animations, like the lift up one. Is that related to Leito's animations? Did I install something badly? Mostly I'm not sure what direction to take to fix this, or if I should just clean install Four-Play, Leito's animations, and the other related mods.

Having huge trouble here.  Using a sex animation gun or rug works fine.  Using however a mod that works through four play things just dont work right.  At first, everything will work fine, but then, if I save and quit, the next time I go to play none of the actors will undress.  It takes fiddling with the load order, loading up an un modded save and then loading up my game.  And even then there is no guarantee it will work.  I am under the impression that I MUST be doing something wrong.  Please help

To be clear, using the gun to start an animation or directly starting an animation in general works perfect every time with undressing.  However, any other mods such as violate or vanilla fudge dont seem to be able to activate undressing.  Strap ons work but not undressing.

Any of you fine folks can suggest a load Order? I keep getting CTDs at start-up, but the kicker is earlier today it worked just fine. After installing Crazy's multi-tool i loaded and crashed, deactivated it, loaded just fine, than when I uninstalled it (used MO2 to install it) i started with CTDs. I assume it has something to do with my Load Order for Four-play.

Sam

Any of you fine folks can suggest a load Order? I keep getting CTDs at start-up, but the kicker is earlier today it worked just fine. After installing Crazy's multi-tool i loaded and crashed, deactivated it, loaded just fine, than when I uninstalled it (used MO2 to install it) i started with CTDs. I assume it has something to do with my Load Order for Four-play.

Sam

Try NMM, MO2 is a bit hit and miss in terms of CTDs.

Sam

Sounds like a script file got missed......

Well, thanks for all your advice, but it was not the load order as when i launched F4SE without using MO2, it worked. I updated to the beta F4SE and updated to the latest MO2. That seems to have fixed it. So happy, i can go back to shooting and killing tech nazis and super mutants hehe.

Sam

I'd like to ask for some help here:

So I downloaded F4SE 3.00 as instructed, as well as the four play and its community patch. I created a Fallout4Custom.ini after running a clean install of FO4 did not yield such a file, and added the content as follows:

[Archive]
    bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
    sResourceDataDirsFinal=
[Papyrus]
    bEnableLogging=1
    bEnableTrace=1
    bLoadDebugInformation=1
    bEnableProfiling=1
    sDefaultLogOverlay=Papyrus

My Fallout4Prefs.ini had only "" under [launcher], so I changed its content to the following:

[Launcher]
bEnableFileSelection=1
uLastAspectRatio=1

I changed both .ini files to read-only, but each time I start NMM the setting is reversed. The content of the files seem to remained intact, however.

I installed vanillafudge, violate, and kidnapped using NMM. I also installed Leito's animation pack using NMM. And finally I installed CBBE, CBBE alt. feet, Nude Male Uncut and strap-on V2.

And I launched F4SE via NMM, get into the game. The version check came through and I loaded a clean save. I get the "setting up slots" message, but never the success message. I quite the game and open up NMM again, leito's community patch for Four-Play is marked with a warning/error sign.

Any ideas how I can fix this? I've tried re-downloading everything, reinstalling everything, including F4SE, but nothing worked so far.

Edit: I should also add that, in one of my tests, the actors going at it are stuck at the standing position and no animation is played. And the kidnapped settings menu always pop up, and my PC did get kidnapped once so I'd say F4SE, violate and kidnapped all worked fine. I think this is likely a Four-play issue.

And I launched F4SE via NMM, get into the game. The version check came through and I loaded a clean save. I get the "setting up slots" message, but never the success message. I quite the game and open up NMM again, leito's community patch for Four-Play is marked with a warning/error sign.

Any ideas how I can fix this? I've tried re-downloading everything, reinstalling everything, including F4SE, but nothing worked so far.

Edit: I should also add that, in one of my tests, the actors going at it are stuck at the standing position and no animation is played. And the kidnapped settings menu always pop up, and my PC did get kidnapped once so I'd say F4SE, violate and kidnapped all worked fine. I think this is likely a Four-play issue.

Setting up slots is all that will appear from Four-Play framework's end - there is no success message.

Did you get the "Registering Leito's animations" message from Four-Lei the bridging patch? Is there any detail that NMM gives you on its warning sign? Most likely what happened is the patch fails so Four-Play stills register Crazy's animations - which are not installed, instead of Leito's 

Kidnapped always pops up a box every time you load a save, for now. I'm planning to change all my mods to use a central 'MCM' menu.