Four-Play: Beginner-Friendly Installation Guide (Comprehensive Tutorial to Sexualise your FO4)

Hi,

unfortunately, I have the following problem: F4 crashes if any animation mod (Leito's Animation Pack, Crazy's pack). I use Mod Org, F4se and Fp-mos only. Any other mods aren't installed. F4 starts without problems with "four play 0.0.8.2",  "Four Lei 081", "FP Mindless 1 2" , "4PlaySEU", "FP Prostitution 1 3", "FP Violate 1 2", "FP VanillaFudge 1 2" and "Strap". But if Leito's Animation Pack (or Four, or Crazy Animations, or FP Autonomy 1 1) is activated, then F4 crashes on loading.

I rewrote in Fallout.ini (with Mog Org):

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

[Papyrus]

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

bLoadDebugInformation=1

bEnableProfiling=1

sDefaultLogOverlay=Papyrus

Fallot4Pref.ini (Mod Org)

[Launcher]

uLastAspectRatio=0

bEnableFileSelection=1

Also I made the necessary changes into ini-files in ..\My Games\Fallout4\

Please help. I've followed the instructions carefully and gone over it at least 10 times, I've done everything correct. When I load the game via f4se_loader.exe the game loads fine, it says there are mods and achievements are turned off but when I get into the game, no mods actually load. 

I don't get any messages on the top left corner. I don't get any options to trigger any mods.

Only thing I did different was that I had to download the patches 1.7, 1.712. 1.8 and 1.9 and install them before f4se would load the game. 

I've reinstalled f4se

I've turned off all the mods, saved a new game and turned the mods back on

I got no idea what else I should be doing to make this work.

I've only just started the game, I'm up to the part where you meet the dog

please help!!

HELP guys! 

i followed everything and all works, but ONE. the ANIMATION. 

im using nexus mod manager n it didnt detect Four-Play Compatibility Patch for Leito's Pack in the plugin tabs, 

i try to manually paste the files downloaded to Data folder in my installation, n it didnt work also

is there any ways to make leitos animation work? how to integrate it with nexus mode

i use the crazy animation n it did work. but i really want the leito's animation :P 

thx in advance

• Thanks to everyone for the helpful tips - I got it to work - here is where I messed up - I did not follow the instructions below when I downloaded and extracted F4SE

Copy and Paste the content of what you just extracted into your FO4 installation folder, including the Data folder (the readme included with F4SE is outdated and tells you otherwise)

If asked whether to overwrite some files, click Yes. It's safe, don't worry.

thx again

Bayouwars

• Thanks to everyone for the helpful tips - I got it to work - here is where I messed up - I did not follow the instructions below when I downloaded and extracted F4SE
  •  
  •  
  • Copy and Paste the content of what you just extracted into your FO4 installation folder, including the Data folder (the readme included with F4SE is outdated and tells you otherwise)
  • If asked whether to overwrite some files, click Yes. It's safe, don't worry.

thx again

Bayouwars

Did your leito animation works? 

bayouwars, on 01 May 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:snapback.png

•  
  •  
  • Copy and Paste the content of what you just extracted into your FO4 installation folder, including the Data folder (the readme included with F4SE is outdated and tells you otherwise)
  • If asked whether to overwrite some files, click Yes. It's safe, don't worry.

thx again

Bayouwars

Did your leito animation works? 

I believe so - although I never saw where it was "registered" in the top left corner when I first installed it - the animations and audio work fine and appear to be lieto's - (so far there have been various sex scenes that appear to mirror the descriptions in lieto's mod - so I would have to say yes).  My only issue now, and - not a big one by any means - is that Garvey and Piper are overly modest and keep their underwear on - everyone else strips naked - I must have a conflict someplace but again - not a big issue.
  • Still in Fallout4Custom.ini, find/ Create [Papyrus] section and make sure it looks like this (Yes, yes, this doesn't make any sense why not having Papyrus logging would stop F4SE from working, but it's a Bethesda game! :) - a lot of people failed to make Four-Play work initially because of this step) :

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1
bEnableProfiling=1

Thanks for this very well-written installation guide!

I have an "installation question" what I hope you can answer:

I've followed your installation guide meticulously step by step, but I have the same problem as another forumer: The characters don't undress for sex.

You wrote in another answer to this forumer that it was a FS4E / Papyrus log issue - and to read your text in red in this thread. But that does not solve the issue for me.

Of course, if you have another suggestion as to why they don't undress, I'd love to hear it. If you need more info about my game installation, just ask - but it's the newest verson 1.09H, and I've followed all your instructions to the letter.

I'm attaching my .ini files (edit: I wanted to, but the forum does not allow me to upload "that kind of files" (mayby they have herpes!)).

(so I have Fallout4.ini, Fallout4Custom.ini and Fallout4Prefs.ini in the MyGames\Fallout4 folder)

I have a question in this regard: You write in the guide that if there's no Fallout4Custom.ini, then to create one with the content you specified.

When running the game for the first time, it created two ini files: Fallout4.ini and Fallout4Prefs.ini. Could it be that when you write to put the text specified in your post in Fallout4Custom.ini, you really mean to put it in Fallout4.ini?

I'm asking because in one of the mods you guide people to install (Four Play Sex Em up) at

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3972-four-play-sex-em-up/

it says in their installation guide:

"Installation:

Install F4SE and the scripts that come with it.

Go into your C:\Users\*yourusername*\Documents\My Games\Fallout4 and open up the Fallout4.ini file with Notepad, and go to where it shows something like this:

[Papyrus]

bEnableLogging=0

bEnableTrace=0

bLoadDebugInformation=0

Change the numbers on the end of the last three lines from 0 to 1, then save.

If those lines don't exist, add them and make sure it looks like this:

[Papyrus]

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

bLoadDebugInformation=1"

So you are telling people to "Program" papyrus instructions in Fallout4Custom.ini, while the creators of Four Play Sex Em up are telling to put

instructions that are almost similar to those specified by you, in Fallout4.ini.

And having these almost identical instructions in two different .ini files looks to me like something that might cause a problem with this Papyrus script (or whatever it is). Since I'm a total noob in this matter (although not on computers or programming), would you be kind to explain, too, what this Papurys is and does?

And of course I hope you can answer my questions regarding the ini files, and how to get those characters nude - the real problem :)

Thanks again for your installation guide!

Since I can't upload the .ini files, I am quoting their content here:

Fallout4.ini:

[Display]

sD3DDevice="Radeon RX 480 Graphics"

[Papyrus]

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

bLoadDebugInformation=1

Fallout4Custom.ini:

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

[Papyrus]

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

bLoadDebugInformation=1

bEnableProfiling=1

[Display]

iLocation X=0

iLocation Y=0

Fallout4Prefs.ini:

[Display]

iTexMipMapSkip=0

bEnableWetnessMaterials=1

bEnableRainOcclusion=1

bSAOEnable=1

iShadowMapResolution=4096

uiShadowFilter=3

uiOrthoShadowFilter=3

fBlendSplitDirShadow=48.0000

iMaxFocusShadows=4

iMaxFocusShadowsDialogue=4

fShadowDistance=20000.0000

fDirShadowDistance=20000.0000

iDirShadowSplits=3

iMaxDecalsPerFrame=100

iMaxSkinDecalsPerFrame=25

bVolumetricLightingEnable=1

iVolumetricLightingQuality=2

bForceIgnoreSmoothness=0

fMeshLODLevel1FadeDist=999999.0000

fMeshLODLevel2FadeDist=999999.0000

iAdapter=0

iSize W=1920

iSize H=1080

sAntiAliasing=TAA

iMaxAnisotropy=16

iPresentInterval=1

bFull Screen=1

bBorderless=1

flocalShadowMapHalveEveryXUnit=750.0000

focusShadowMapDoubleEveryXUnit=450.0000

fShadowBiasScale=1.0000

uPipboyTargetHeight=700

uPipboyTargetWidth=876

bVolumetricLightingForceCasters=0

iTiledLightingMinLights=40

bComputeShaderDeferredTiledLighting=1

bSinglePassDirShadow=1

fTessFactorMaxDistanceScale=100.0000

fLeafAnimDampenDistEnd=4600.0000

fLeafAnimDampenDistStart=3600.0000

fMeshLODFadePercentDefault=1.2000

fMeshLODFadeBoundDefault=256.0000

fMeshLODFadeScalar=1.0000

fMeshLODLevel2FadeTreeDistance=2048.0000

fMeshLODLevel1FadeTreeDistance=2844.0000

fInteriorMeshLODLevel2FadeDist=1950.0000

fInteriorMeshLODLevel1FadeDist=2600.0000

bTopMostWindow=0

bMaximizeWindow=0

bAllowShadowcasterNPCLights=0

iScreenShotIndex=0

fMaxFocusShadowMapDistance=450.0000

bPrecipitationOcclusion=1

[LightingShader]

bScreenSpaceReflections=1

bScreenSpaceSubsurfaceScattering=1

[imagespace]

bMBEnable=1

bLensFlare=1

bDoDepthOfField=1

bScreenSpaceBokeh=1

[LOD]

fLODFadeOutMultActors=15.0000

fLODFadeOutMultItems=10.0000

fLODFadeOutMultObjects=30.0000

fLODFadeOutMultSkyCell=1.0000

[Grass]

fGrassStartFadeDistance=7000.0000

fGrassMaxStartFadeDistance=7000.0000

fGrassMinStartFadeDistance=1000.0000

[NVHBAO]

bEnable=0

fBackgroundAOViewDepth=750.0000

bBackgroundAOEnable=1

fDepthThresholdSharpness=100.0000

fDepthThresholdMaxViewDepth=500.0000

bDepthThresholdEnable=0

iDepthClampModeEnum=0

fCoarseAO=1.0000

fDetailAO=0.6500

fBlurSharpnessProfileBackgroundViewDepth=1.0000

fBlurSharpnessProfileForegroundViewDepth=0.0000

fBlurSharpnessProfileForegroundSharpnessScale=4.0000

bBlurSharpnessProfileEnable=0

fBlurSharpness=16.0000

iBlurRadiusEnum=1

bBlurEnable=1

fPowerExponent=2.5000

fBias=0.1000

fRadius=0.6500

[Decals]

bDecals=1

bSkinnedDecals=1

uMaxDecals=1000

uMaxSkinDecals=100

uMaxSkinDecalsPerActor=40

[TerrainManager]

fTreeLoadDistance=75000.0000

fBlockMaximumDistance=250000.0000

fBlockLevel2Distance=110000.0000

fBlockLevel1Distance=90000.0000

fBlockLevel0Distance=60000.0000

fSplitDistanceMult=1.5000

bShowLODInEditor=0

[NVFlex]

bNVFlexEnable=0

iQuality=0

iMaxNeighbors2=64

iMaxNeighbors1=48

iMaxNeighbors0=32

iMaxParticles2=32768

iMaxParticles1=16000

iMaxParticles0=6000

fKillRadius2=4000.0000

fKillRadius1=3000.0000

fKillRadius0=2000.0000

bNVFlexInstanceDebris=1

bNVFlexDrawDebris=1

[blurShaderHDR]

bDoHighDynamicRange=0

[blurShader]

bUseBlurShader=0

[Launcher]

bEnableFileSelection=1

uLastAspectRatio=1

[Pipboy]

fPipboyEffectColorB=0.0900

fPipboyEffectColorG=1.0000

fPipboyEffectColorR=0.0800

[VATS]

fModMenuEffectHighlightPAColorB=0.4100

fModMenuEffectHighlightPAColorG=0.8200

fModMenuEffectHighlightPAColorR=1.0000

fModMenuEffectPAColorB=0.4100

fModMenuEffectPAColorG=0.8200

fModMenuEffectPAColorR=1.0000

fModMenuEffectHighlightColorB=0.0824

fModMenuEffectHighlightColorG=1.0000

fModMenuEffectHighlightColorR=0.0706

fModMenuEffectColorB=0.4200

fModMenuEffectColorG=0.9900

fModMenuEffectColorR=0.4900

[MAIN]

fSkyCellRefFadeDistance=150000.0000

bCrosshairEnabled=1

fHUDOpacity=1.0000

bSaveOnPause=1

bSaveOnTravel=1

bSaveOnWait=1

bSaveOnRest=1

[General]

bGamepadEnable=0

bPipboyCompanionEnabled=0

iStoryManagerLoggingEvent=-1

bEnableStoryManagerLogging=0

uGridsToLoad=5

[interface]

bDialogueSubtitles=0

bGeneralSubtitles=0

iHUDColorB=21

iHUDColorG=255

iHUDColorR=18

bDialogueCameraEnable=1

bShowCompass=1

uHUDActiveEffectWidget=2

[Controls]

fMouseHeadingSensitivity=0.0300

fGamepadHeadingSensitivity=0.6667

bAlwaysRunByDefault=1

bInvertYValues=0

bGamePadRumble=1

[GamePlay]

iDifficulty=1

bShowFloatingQuestMarkers=1

bShowQuestMarkers=1

[Particles]

iMaxDesired=750

[saveGame]

fAutosaveEveryXMins=10.0000

[AudioMenu]

fAudioMasterVolume=1.0000

fVal7=1.0000

uID7=0

fVal6=1.0000

uID6=0

fVal5=1.0000

uID5=0

fVal4=0.6500

uID4=138006

fVal3=0.6500

uID3=1007612

fVal2=1.0000

uID2=94881

fVal1=0.6500

uID1=466532

fVal0=0.6500

uID0=554685

[Water]

bUseWaterDisplacements=1

bUseWaterRefractions=1

bUseWaterReflections=1

bUseWaterDepth=1

Still hoping to get some help?

yes, I've copied everything from f4se including the data folder

Please help. I've followed the instructions carefully and gone over it at least 10 times, I've done everything correct. When I load the game via f4se_loader.exe the game loads fine, it says there are mods and achievements are turned off but when I get into the game, no mods actually load. 

I don't get any messages on the top left corner. I don't get any options to trigger any mods.

Only thing I did different was that I had to download the patches 1.7, 1.712. 1.8 and 1.9 and install them before f4se would load the game. 

I've reinstalled f4se

please help!!

Does anyone know how to increase the duration of the sex scenes? they don't last nearly long enough.

I'll add options to change duration for all my mods in an All-In-One 'MCM' once I get some time off this month

Still hoping to get some help?

yes, I've copied everything from f4se including the data folder

I've reinstalled f4se

please help!!

Hmm, do you have a Papyrus log?

do any other mods work? CBBE/ EVB ? Any mod at all on Nexus. If not, then repeat the ini steps.

Thanks for reply. Yes, I've done everything in the ini as instructed. The mods don't seem to load when I start the game. There is a [M] when the game is saved and it does say that mods are loaded, achievements are disabled when I start a non [M] game. When I type in Getf4SEversion it says version 3.

Thanks for reply. Yes, I've done everything in the ini as instructed. The mods don't seem to load when I start the game. There is a [M] when the game is saved and it does say that mods are loaded, achievements are disabled when I start a non [M] game. When I type in Getf4SEversion it says version 3.

Hmm not sure but two things to try:

It's possible that because you downloaded and installed the patches. They end up overwriting the SKSE files that you installed before. So follow the SKSE Step again just to make sure.

Run the game, load a save and if the notifications about Four-Play setting up slots still don't show up, go to \Documents\My Games\Fallout4\Logs\Script and upload the Papyrus.0.log on here and I'll have a look

I'm sorry if I missed a step but I don't see the SKSE step? if it's the F4SE you mean I've reinstalled it about 50 times since updating all the patches....

Also I don't have the log file in that file path. I've done a search for papyrus on my C: and nothing comes up either?

2_zpsh0hqaduo.jpg

I'm sorry if I missed a step but I don't see the SKSE step? if it's the F4SE you mean I've reinstalled it about 50 times since updating all the patches....

Also I don't have the log file in that file path. I've done a search for papyrus on my C: and nothing comes up either?

Missing log folders means that the game is not recognizing whatever changes you make in Fallout4Custom.ini

Back up your Fallout4.ini. Try repeating the changes you made for Fallout4Custom.ini but using Fallout4.ini instead (Adding the lines if they're not already there)

It would be very much appreciated if you could add a section to this guide for updating from an older version to a newer one. I tried updating from 0.0.8.1 to 0.0.8.2 and I totally broke my shit. I even had to reinstall MO before getting 0081 (and the game in general) working again. It doesn't seem to work to apply the new update on top of the old. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to delete (or remove in MO vernacular) the old one before installing the new? Some guidance on updating would be a very good addition to this guide. Cheers, and thanks in advance.

I've been reading through the comments, and have a few questions...  First, my situation.  My current game has ~80 .esp/.esm mods, plus several that are texture / meshes only.  I have installed 4play as per your guide, and vanilla fudge to play with in-game.  I have never had any of the 'crazy' mods installed, so have left all of my mods active.  I get no activation notices.  So, questions:

Absent notices, how to test for correct installation?    Is there a console command?

If I do have to de-activate all my mods to activate 4play, will it then continue to be active after I re-activate all of my mods? 

After getting it active, and with all my other mods active, can then I continue with my current saves, or is this mod best left to starting a new game for best results?

Edit:  I went ahead and de-activated all mods, started new game.  Saved just after the autosave after character creation.   Now I had a save without mods...  Enabled just four play, Leito's anims, and FP vanilla Fudge (Four_Lei is just some scripts, nothing to enable...)  Loaded game, no enable / activation notice.

I've been reading through the comments, and have a few questions...  First, my situation.  My current game has ~80 .esp/.esm mods, plus several that are texture / meshes only.  I have installed 4play as per your guide, and vanilla fudge to play with in-game.  I have never had any of the 'crazy' mods installed, so have left all of my mods active.  I get no activation notices.  So, questions:

Absent notices, how to test for correct installation?    Is there a console command?

If I do have to de-activate all my mods to activate 4play, will it then continue to be active after I re-activate all of my mods? 

After getting it active, and with all my other mods active, can then I continue with my current saves, or is this mod best left to starting a new game for best results?

Edit:  I went ahead and de-activated all mods, started new game.  Saved just after the autosave after character creation.   Now I had a save without mods...  Enabled just four play, Leito's anims, and FP vanilla Fudge (Four_Lei is just some scripts, nothing to enable...)  Loaded game, no enable / activation notice.

No reason why you would have to disable all your all other mods for Four-Play to work

Papyrus log would be nice to know what went wronng

No reason why you would have to disable all your all other mods for Four-Play to work

Papyrus log would be nice to know what went wronng

Magic....

Papyrus.0.log

was great to get everything up and working but during certain animations in the test cell, the characters would just stand there.

Does following this still require Crazy's Gun as per the installation instructions for the Four-Play page, or does the Leito patch remove the need for this?

The animations and stripping work! It's just the Doggystyle and downward doggy ones that don't play when I select them in the first PC test cell. The orgy terminal room had leito's aggressive doggy playing fine between two npcs.

Thanks for all the help and I apologise if this is a dumb question. When you refer to F4SE, are you referring to f4se_loader.exe? I went through all the steps and the mods are there they just aren't loading.

Step 12 - Launch the Game via F4SE

In the top-left corner of your screen, you'll see a big "Launch Fallout4" button. DON'T click on it just yet.

Instead, click on the little downward triangle next to it. Select Launch F4SE.

Now you can press the button to start the game via F4SE. You always have to start the game via F4SE for Four-Play to work properly

When I get to that step and launch F4SE_loader.exe

The game just starts as normal.

Thanks again for any help.

was great to get everything up and working but during certain animations in the test cell, the characters would just stand there.

Does following this still require Crazy's Gun as per the installation instructions for the Four-Play page, or does the Leito patch remove the need for this?

The animations and stripping work! It's just the Doggystyle and downward doggy ones that don't play when I select them in the first PC test cell. The orgy terminal room had leito's aggressive doggy playing fine between two npcs.

There are some issues with the test cells. Just use the Four-Play plugins (Mindless, SEU, Violate, Prostitution etc) to trigger scenes

The game is supposed to start 'normally' when started with F4SE_loader.exe. Just continue down the steps and see if Four-Play works

There are some issues with the test cells. Just use the Four-Play plugins (Mindless, SEU, Violate, Prostitution etc) to trigger scenes

The game is supposed to start 'normally' when started with F4SE_loader.exe. Just continue down the steps and see if Four-Play works

Thank you for the reply. I started the game used a clean save. Nothing popped up in the corner and I couldn't trigger any animation. Any suggestions on steps I redo or logs to check?

Thank you for the reply. I started the game used a clean save. Nothing popped up in the corner and I couldn't trigger any animation. Any suggestions on steps I redo or logs to check?

Sorry for the weird repetition above.

My phone wigged out on me.